[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Androgyny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17

File: androgynous.jpg (168KB, 500x667px)
androgynous.jpg
168KB, 500x667px
Anyone have any tips for making my appearance more androgynous? I'm pretty masculine, but im looking to buy clothes / accesories that will blur that line.
>>
emphasize feminine parts of your body and vice versa. Dress loose enough to be vague but don't make things look big. Drapy is good. Do your eyebrows in a feminine way, get a feminine haircut, take good care of your skin. Shave what you want, at least your face.
>>
>>9792010
Good ideas, How would I go about asking for a feminine haircut once I find something I want?
>>
>>9792017
Honestly, you just have to do it.
You can either grow it or get something short a butch girl would have. That includes a lot of haircuts, though. If you have a masculine forehead, I'd suggest something with bangs. If you have a baby face, you have more options. Depends on how feminine or androgynous you want to be. Growing out hair can be awkward and might not be what you're going for if you look masculine, if you're not brave enough to rock something with bangs, since you could just look like a metalhead. I dunno, are you trans? What's your goal, exactly? Pics?
>>
>>9792027
I am Trans, yeah.

Basically wanting to blur the line and work on it, without looking like an idiot, while I lose weight and wait for treatment.
>>
>>9792028
Oh. Wait for treatment?
I'd get on mones asap, personally, but yeah, lose weight either way.
Grow your hair out. Start shaving everything if you don't already. Don't build too much of a wardrobe if you won't wear it in girlmode. Do your eyebrows, not too thin, but not thick, make them feminine. You can also go get them done if it's too daunting, I did mine personally and I have to grow them back in, but aside from them being a bit faded at parts, they look nice now.
Other than that, I'm not sure. You can buy accessories and stuff, shoes? Get your ears pierced if you see yourself wearing earrings in the future. I don't know what you look like or what you could/should wear. I think you should have an alright idea, though. Work with what you have and in time you'll only gain confidence. Avoid looking like a guy in drag, but don't be too afraid of looking a bit queer. Especially if you look good? Where am I going with this

Oh, to elaborate on the wardrobe part, you can get unisex or less obvious women's stuff, jeans and all.
>>
>>9792028
>>9792043
Best of luck!
>>
>>9791998

In what way are you saying you're masculine? Your style? Your build? Your behavior? These all play into "being" androgynous, but if you're talking about having an androgynous look, it's pretty hard to do if you have a masculine build (defined shoulders and chest, noticeable taper to waist, shaped legs/pronounced muscular structure, etc), as wearing very draped garments will either look like complete shit, or their aesthetic appeal will not be one of androgyny. Drape works well for this on men when they have a fairly narrow frame overall. You could still have broad shoulders if your chest, arms, waist, and legs, were all pretty straight and not noticeably defined. Obviously, if you have a "masculine" build and want to de-masculinate (?) you could, but that's an entirely different, non-sartorial discussion altogether.
>>
>>9792075
I'd say in build / style right now, because that's just how I've been. Looking to change at least the style, while I work on the build.
>>
>>9792043
I'm trying to work up to it.
Obviously not too relevant for here, but it's more of the fact that I'm in a relationship right now and trying to work that out first.
>>
>>9792081
Ah. Best of luck, don't let it stop you.
>>9792075
knows better than me, listen to them
>>
File: Photo on 8-17-14 at 12.56 PM.jpg (125KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 8-17-14 at 12.56 PM.jpg
125KB, 1080x720px
is this too much muscle currently on one can of tuna a day diet trying to lose all muscle mass im getting used to the hunger pains
>>
>>9792078

Ah, gotcha. Well, all you can do is just play it in the moment as your build changes. I know this might not be easy (frustrating for personal expression and possibly financially unreasonable) but that's all you can do until you're at your target physique. I was that way losing weight at the end of high school. Your old clothes fit better, but don't really represent you; on the other hand, your new clothes are more indicative of who you are/want to be, but don't fit the way you want. Transitions suck, but as far as clothes go, you just have to wear what makes you happy but is also realistic. I suppose if you have an masculine build but are still slim overall, you could get away with a sort of drapey sweater/cardigan/etc if you have fitted pants on. It's just not as conducive to going full-on androgyny right out of the gate. Also, as this anon said (>>9792043) gotta keep up the non-sartorial aspects of the image as well.
>>
>>9792112
Definitely too much.
'mones will help you lose it a bit, though.
>>
File: jj.jpg (456KB, 800x976px) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
456KB, 800x976px
>>9791998
>>
>>9792136
I'd post pictures, but I know an RL friend who I'm not out to yet post on this board, and I'd be worried about being realized by him
>>
>>9792365
It's fine, nice trip.
>>
>>9792365
Isnt that for the best though? He'll/she'll find out some day. But i get that coming out is very personal, and that you could want to do it in person.
>>
>>9792386

I'm sure it would be easier this way. Would be nicer if I could get through school first.

>>9792379

Thanks!
>>
>>9792112
Don't do that you perfectly fine I would kill to have a body like that, plus most girls like it that way.
>>
>>9791998
I'm stuck in this awful limbo of having certain excessively masculine features while being quite feminine overall. I would way rather just commit to one side, I don't really mind which, but I have two big roadblocks between either
>feminine problems
I have a fuckhuge nose. That's pretty much it. I'm hairy but that's easily solved. But yeah it's very hard to be girly with a monster schnoz.
>masculine problems
I have a weak chin and can't grow a beard to cover it up. Everything else is easily solved (cut hair, bulk up. All my other feminine features are pretty ok) but that bugs me so much and it'd be the first thing I'd wanna do.

I don't even know what I'm asking for I just needed to moan :(
>>
>>9792425
Sounds like you just don't want to be ugly, at least to a degree.
>>
>>9792433
Nah that post really highlights my worst features, I'm attractive enough. The nose isn't an ugly nose and it could be bigger so it's not much of an issue, and my chin isn't that weak. It's just that they're in the way of my goal which would be just picking a side. I'd prefer femininity for various reasons but I just constantly find myself unsure if I can pull off an item because it's either too manly or too girly.
>>
>>9792439
I see. Sounds like it's not too bad, give things a try. Plenty of lolitas at /cgl/ aren't super cute. That said, you don't have to be absurd.
>>
>>9791998
Step 1: Lose some fucking weight. You want to be sub 20BMI

also good luck
>>
File: 1425351133126.jpg (66KB, 510x637px) Image search: [Google]
1425351133126.jpg
66KB, 510x637px
ALL CREDIT -----> snow !VxM1xgqScs
Andro basics

>Base Appearance
Firstly you need to be skinny,
This is because its easier to hide your masculine frame under clothes and disguise your frame to make it less clear of your gender. Also being slim is a much more feminine quality then it is masculine. This means that you want to avoid working out and any exercise you do you want it to be calorie burning and not muscle gaining.
This includes long walks, long-distance runs, core-body exercises and long distance swimming. Anything which builds arm or creates large leg muscles is to be avoided, or to be do lightly.
Yoga and Zumba is also a good option to create a slim feminine profile.

Your weight should be below 20 BMI and should be made of as little muscle as possible. If you have failed this part then you should stop pursuing this style until weight loss.
>>
File: 1425351708216.jpg (221KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
1425351708216.jpg
221KB, 500x663px
>Face care
you need clear, clean skin. I don't believe you should wear makeup. This is because it makes it too obvious what your trying to achieve as well as putting you more in the cross dressing category. As a result you need to try and put forward the idea of the perfect skin that makeup can provide for woman.

To do this you need to wash your face with soap every day, moisturise often and exfoliate once or twice every week. If this causes you skin problems then make your own treatment but make sure to make your skin is blemish less (as blemish less as possible).

The second aspect is stubble control. Shower in the morning, shave straight after. you never want stubble, it looks horrible for the look we are trying to achieve. you should give up completely if you leave the house unshaven. If you grow a beard so quickly that you get a 5 o'clock shadow then shave at lunch or admit that your probably to old for this look.
>>
File: 1425352076521.jpg (57KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
1425352076521.jpg
57KB, 469x700px
>eyebrows
for gods sake pluck your eyebrows, they dont need to be small, perfected lines that you see on woman because that would look ridiculous but they have to be clean and tidy.

This can be achieved through plucking any hairs which are outside of the main area until they are satisfying dense. at the ear end make sure they point and if in doubt find some inspo and try to imitate that as well as possible.
>>
File: 1425352581635.jpg (35KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1425352581635.jpg
35KB, 480x640px
>Hair
You can always grow out long hair which will make your androgyny more pronounced but I understand many people don't want this, myself included, As a result I suggest either an undercut or pixie cut. But be warned this does not work as well on men as it does on woman in the androgyny aspect. This is because men are expected to have short hair so unless you have a very pretty face with pixie like features it will probably disappoint you a little. However it still conveys the idea your putting forward better then any other style of short haircut.
>>
>>9791998

You should probably visit a psychiatrist.
>>
File: 1425352663630.jpg (21KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1425352663630.jpg
21KB, 480x640px
>>
File: 1425354749362.jpg (125KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
1425354749362.jpg
125KB, 478x750px
>Tops
The main goal that you want to achieve here is hiding your masculine body and wearing feminine textures while putting forward a feminine silhouette without actually wearing anything that is labeled as womans. wearing actual woman's clothes is not always a good idea because the fit comes off as awkward. due to our lack of breasts they often droop under the shoulders and away from your armpits.

Instead try to stick to wool and fleece for your tops these are both non-aggressive and thick. Thick, lumpy jumpers will allow you to better play with your proportions and hide your manish ribcage and shoulders. You also want to go oversized as it will appear to make your shoulders less broad and will allow you to put forward more feminine proportions (the way oversized clothes rest on your waist will hide your narrow hips). This is vitally important when wearing skinny jeans as I will get to.
>>
File: 1425354838558.jpg (58KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1425354838558.jpg
58KB, 500x747px
>>
File: 1425355968415.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1425355968415.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>Pants
Here I haven't found any other good option but skinny jeans, mens legs are not particularly different from woman's if you are skinny enough and it will also hide your leg hair (which you should at very least trim for your own sake) but it is also a staple in woman's fashion. classic black leggings can be imitated by very skinny, black jeans.

If your wearing baggy jeans be careful to make sure you have your fit completely on-point because its hard to pull off. If you're wearing shorts you must ensure that they are the right length (which you should base off pre-existing woman's shorts that you have seen/which inspired you) and your legs are shaved (or v. closely trimmed).
>>
>>9791998
>tfw hair will be at that length by this time next year

I have long black hair tho, not blonde. Makes it more difficult to be androgynous in my opinion
>>
>shoes
essentially you want to follow basic bitches here. Find unisex clothes that more woman wear then men. Also avoid anything which has connotations of tech-ware or sports-ware which are two areas where men are dominant. Were looking for that cute vibe. You may see thousands of woman everyday in Nike flyknits + free runs but they're also wearing skin tight clothing which we can't pull off with our figure.
As a result the best shoes I have found are:
Dr. Martins (1960 and 1901 with yellow lines)
they have a huge following among woman's fashion but also a strong representation from feminine men.

White hitop Converse
a staple of basic bitches but also an unisex shoe

Adidas Superstars
despite being the new memes are a great option because the blunt nose stops them from looking like clown shoes for us with big feet.
>>
File: 1425357072048.png (121KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
1425357072048.png
121KB, 500x618px
>outerware
Big olive/khaki parkas are great

Coloured overcoats cross both genders quite well. avoid black because black is a far to aggressive colour and has connotations of men in business suits which is something to avoid

Cardigans, because of how sleek and slim they are they can be hard to pull off if your body isn't perfect but they look really nice and are obviously extremely feminine
>>
>>9793452
He is so fucking cute and effay <3
>>
File: 1425357494215.jpg (272KB, 930x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1425357494215.jpg
272KB, 930x1400px
>colour
Obviously all colours are acceptable but as a general suggestion I think Palewave is a safe bet for constructing your fit as it has a very non-aggressive feel to it as well as being worn more by woman. Saturated colours should be mostly avoided unless they're used in a ironic sweater because they are quite loud and are often worn more by men then woman. Monochrome is also good but make sure that your fit does not come off as arrogant or aggressive as they sometimes can.
>>
>>9792112

did you do any sports like lifting or something?
(interested because i'mg etting into lifting myself)

for mtf too much muscle though, but don't worry, all you have to do is eat is -300/400 kcal while not lifting and NOT MAINTING protein, or you'll just look ottermode
>>
>>9793432
Grow it out if you're trans.
>>
File: 1430166726078.jpg (106KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1430166726078.jpg
106KB, 900x900px
>all those freak enablers
>>
File: ay lmao.gif (485KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
ay lmao.gif
485KB, 245x180px
>>9795151
>all these ignorant asswipes who don't understand that not everyone is in this "trans" fad
>>
>>9795151
>abloo abloo people are different than me
>>
>>9795151
thank you for the support!

>>9794598
That's the plan, I'm just about shoulder length right now.
>>
>>9791998

dress like a jojo character

look like pic
>>
>>9797259

are you sophie from hey qt
>>
>>9797272
kek
>>
>>9791998
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: star wars.png (54KB, 942x762px) Image search: [Google]
star wars.png
54KB, 942x762px
>>9797259
mentally ill faggot
>>
>>9798396
I'm working on it at least. Im going the best route of treatment.
>>
Sophie... do you go to PrattMWP by any chance?
>>
>>9799942
Nope, can't say I do. I'm from Canada.
>>
his advice is fucking terrible im trans do what ever makes you happy I dyed my hair blue for a while. bleach is cool too.. but any thing els is dumb to do... you can FORCE perfect skin the only way I have got perfect skin in my life is doing nothing to it and wait for myself to get older/maybe steam it a little if you have mad pores but don't overdo it like once or twice a year to clean it all out and give it a fresh start.

you cant FORCE a frame that shit happens over time and NOT exercising is the shittest advice a trans person has ever given to me do how ever much exercise you want it will stop you killing your self

literally do what ever you want.

the best place to get advice on being trans is inside your self.. 4chan is like close to the worst place (the real world is a little worse)

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT

also Androgyn is a bullshit word people used before Non binary and Trans became accepted in use rather than insulting people it was a term to literally say "THAT PERSON COULD CROSSDRESS AND I WOULDNT HARASS THEM". I think today Androgyn only applies to natural born features there was a popular channel on youtube a while ago called Androgenetics and every one on there was "born this way" sure they dolled them selfs up heaps but at the core it was very GENETIC.. I think that really is the modern use of the term.

If you are trans be trans not every trans person needs to dress or do any thing differently its a head game and a confidence game too do what ever you want at what ever time worrying about doing the RIGHT thing will just make you never do any thing you want to do and regret your entire life.

If your non binary you could do well idknow much about this term honestly but its probably closer to what you are asking.

Androgny is such a dated term I feel its offensive as all the cuss words for people of interesting gender or gender history. stop fucking using it as a cool way to bring up this topic and stop using it to describe models its dated.
>>
>>9801237
I'm cool with trans people but saying androgyny is offensive is idiotic.
>>
>>9801237
"stop liking what i dont like"
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.