[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/poorfag general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: zara.jpg (89KB, 843x788px) Image search: [Google]
zara.jpg
89KB, 843x788px
Let's have a poorfag thread. How to be effay without much money?

>thrift shops are an obvious staple
>H&M generally has some pretty cheap stuff
>diy (bleaching, dyeing) can turn a boring item into something nice

Inspo very welcome. Although me personally I like to take inspiration from anything including expensive stuff like SLP etc.
>>
>>9784178
fuck off poorfag!! get a fucking job fagget!
>>
>>9784193
at least try. cmon.
>>
>>9784178
Comfycore and jewelwave are very accessible on low budgets. Jewel tones were prevalent in a lot of clothing in the 90's, so you'll see a lot of it in thrift stores. Comfycore is really a matter of styling.

However, I think the most important thing is to be riskier and try stuff you like, as opposed to trying to fit in to trends and looks that are popular here on /fa/. For example, you can try a basic fit with cheap pieces, but you're competing with all the other basic fits that use really nice, expensive items.

After you've done a bit of thrifting, stop for a while. I used to thrift a lot in high school and I've only bought at max 5 items over the past year. I've been focusing on styling stuff I have and weeding out bad purchases. When you're thrifting it can be easy to buy stuff just because it's cheap. Really work on keeping the gems- they don't have to be some nice brand name piece or anything. Just items you like, and look into all the ways you can style those pieces.

Also, invest in a few general shoe types and keep them in mind when buying clothes. I think a very basic combo to have would be white sneakers (can be keds or converse) and sleep black shoes that you can style up or down.
>>
File: spMABXI.jpg (773KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
spMABXI.jpg
773KB, 1944x2592px
this is pretty easy to do
>>
Poorfag here. Feel so bad about not beeing able to shop anywhere but hm- tier stores. Like the biggest purchase i made in 2015 where a pair of 100$ shoes
>>
This is my poorfag wardrobe

Shirts:
Button downs mostly thrifted from goodwill and charity shops (lots of J-crew, LL Bean, some random other brands) and uniqlo

Tees are all slim fit tees from uniqlo when they went on sale (a bunch of black and some pale colors), a few bandshirts, a thrifted polo or two

Pants
A thrifted pair of offbrand levi black skinnies that fit amazing (might be womens idk) that are are worn in and fading nice, unbranded raw indigo denim i bought during the christmas sale for like half off, uniqlo black slim fit selvedge jeans and the uniqlo pale ones
Khaki chinos from Gap and uniqlo (really need to up my chinos)

Shoes mostly bought on ebay used, thrifted, or bought new (adidas, NB, doc martens, converse, vans)

Outerwear
sweaters all thrifted (j crew, gap, weird funky patterns, chunky oversized solids, cableknits, cardigans)
alpha industries parka bought off grailed
vintage m-65 bought off ebay
old navy brown bomber thrifted

buy cheap black socks and slim boxer briefs from wherever
>>
>>9784225
Oh yeah and my last two pairs of glasses have been from warby parker
>>
>>9784225
Post a fit or two! Would like to see how it looks on you.
>>
W2c from H&M with a £20 gift card?
>>
>>9784215

lmao i just bought a $200 dollar beanie today

poorfags are the laughingstock of society. enjoy your slave morality, philistine
>>
>>9784236
post beanie wealthfag.
>>
>>9784233
Bought a pair of linen t-shirts last time i was there, looks really nice for the summer. Low quality, but thats expected from hm
>>
File: WP_20150327_18_24_15_Pro[1].jpg (3MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150327_18_24_15_Pro[1].jpg
3MB, 3552x2000px
>>9784229
bought these new balance 620s for $16 at plato's closet in the mens section to use as beaters. i've cleaned them and replaced the laces since and they look brand new
>>
I'm trying to justify buying a apc sweater for ~200$ but i just cant...
>>
>>9784257
What jeans are those? Uniqlo?
Also, black socks looks too contrasting imo
>>
>>9784178
I dyed my true white vans to beige/cream with black tea.
>>
>>9784386
Pics?
>>
>>9784386
>>9784388
seconded. pls.
>>
File: vans.jpg (511KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
vans.jpg
511KB, 800x1067px
>>9784388
>>9784393
Alright, I know /fa/ isn't the biggest fan of slip-ons, but I guess this could be done with your eras and high pros (or any white piece of clothing anyway). They're my main summer shoe though and I accidentally ordered the unbearably true white model. They were white like the soles and stripes in the background at the beginning.
This is after two washes. The first wash left the color darker, but after drying they had irregular darker tea stains, so I had to wash them again. Still a little bit crumpled because of the washing and drying.
>>
>>9784423
Forgot to mention that I used a pack (20 teabags) of cheapest store brand black tea.
>>
>>9784423
>>9784429
Looks good man, looks kinda dirty in a good way
>>
>>9784445
Yeah, that was my main problem with true whites, they were way too clean and bright, looked like sanitary shoes.
>>
>>9784423
I dig em. v /pale/.
>>
File: gpj.jpg (41KB, 850x432px) Image search: [Google]
gpj.jpg
41KB, 850x432px
what about making something like this using my old oversized tees?
thoughts?
>>
>>9784205
how?
>>
>>9784236
>mentioning nietzsche
>not realising he was modest af
>>
>>9784423
really liking this color.
>>
>>9784891
oh snap
>>
>>9784205
>>9784887
not him but it's a white t-shirt dyed like this: buy dye for fabrics and follow whatever instructions they come with. soak the t-shirt in the dye but only as far as you'd like it to be fully dyed. the dye will spread to the rest of the t-shirt less and less forming that fade. if it starts spreading too much, remove it.

I think that's how it's done, waiting for the original poster to confirm. gonna try it myself when I get some dye.

hope I made myself clear as english is not my first language.
>>
>>9784257
>and they look brand new
how delusional are you? they're dirty af
>>
>>9784859
I like those colours
>>
>TFW gonna be moving out next year to a new college
>TFW rent will probably run me 500-700 even with roommates because of expensive loving cost. Dorms even more expensive
>no money for sick cops if I don't wanna work myself into a coma

I-it isn't that bad is it guys?
>>
>>9785003
'since', learn to read you fucking child.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>9784178
Dyed this. It was black
>>
>>9785013
It's not dont worry. This is just your time to become better at styling pieces, as opposed to copping them.
>>
>>9785130
Looks awful, sorry.
>>
>>9785130
how did you do that
>>
>>9785130
I like. Looks velvety and has a lot of texture and gradient.
>>
>>9784447
true whites look better after you dirty them up a bit imo
>>
>>9784236
>$200 dollar beanie
lmao. i'm not a poorfag but that's just wasting money. there is no good reason to ever pay that much for a fucking beanie. making one good beanie doesn't even cost $20 so basically you just got ripped off.
>>
>>9785544
let him buy whatever he wants... I can see that happening to people with a true interest in fashion and lot of money
>>
what's worth getting from h&m? like certain items vs others
>>
>>9787382
just try to go in person, also try to go to a location in a major city/mall cause every h&m won't carry the same collections but the major ones will have all of them
>>
>>9784423
you just fill a pot with 20 teabags and drop both shoes in them let them soak for??? how long

i tried to do it with a tee once and it was really uneven color
>>
>>9787501
Pretty much. I let the teabags soak for a while in a big bowl of hot water and removed them before adding shoes. Then I wet the shoes first and dropped them in the bowl. I stirred them around at the beginning and then let them soak for about an hour. Afterwards washed them until water runs clear, but as I said I had to wash them again, because they had some concentrated stains that showed up after drying.
You can google "tea dying" for instructions, I read a couple beforehand and roughly followed them.
>>
>>9784178
rakuten
>>
>>9784178

>inspiration
>SLP

you may not always be poor, but you'll always be pleb.
>>
File: 1430105710231.jpg (58KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430105710231.jpg
58KB, 768x1024px
>>9787944
what do you not like about SLP? I agree that sometimes it's a bit too much but I still find it good for inspo.
>>
Thoughts on cheap monday? I'm in europe so theyre really cheap, like 40 european dollars
>>
Poor fag stories?

>Went to the new H&M in Sydney
>Looking for a nice cardigan and/or chinos
>All the pants were massive
>Only cardigans there were silly Christmas style

>Work for David Jones (sweet %20 staff discount)
>Look up reasonably priced chinos on the website
>Try to find them in-store
>Nowhere to be found, staff unhelpful.
>Uniqlo chinos too long and too baggy around ankles.
>Asos have none in my size

>Buy cheap but great fitting pea-coat off asos.
>Within a month or two of wearing it all the buttons start coming off.

:(
>>
Go for style, not fashion. Fashion comes and goes, white sneaks the month, meme shoe next month. Basic stuff that goes with anything like blue chambray shirt, white dress shirt and light blue polo is almost universal.

Shop the sales. Don't fall for the Joseph a bank and Kohl's almost every fucking day sales. Plus amazon.com has some shit like frye boots, cole Haan and other stuff occasionally cheap as hell. Sub 100. But its slim pickings.

Also the other day i went to Macy's found my the regular ralph Lauren shirts for $20 each. There was a glitch in the system, I bought five. The logo is kind of annoying but the quality is there and the fit is nice. Plus it goes with style I'm looking for. A rugged, preppy.
>>
>>9788196
went to H&M in the forum shops when versace X H&M was released

poorfag general

think i just ended up buying the y-3 selvedge jeans from the adidas store they rebranded as y-3 back then
>>
is it ever acceptable to wear tropical / hawaiian shirts?
>>
>>9788223
Sure, as long as you dont look like that guy in your pic.
>>
>>9788223
Only if its oversized open on a t-shirt. Even then only at festivals or themed parties/club nights.
>>
File: hmprod.jpg (23KB, 384x449px) Image search: [Google]
hmprod.jpg
23KB, 384x449px
Is this /fa/ for men?
http://www.hm.com/au/product/50615?article=50615-B
>>
>>9787943
>rakuten
How do I know that what I'm getting isn't complete shit? I don't know anything about Japanese brands.
>>
>>9788259
feminine af
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.