[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much do you have to pay for a haircut to not look like shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

how much do you have to pay for a haircut to not look like shit?
>>
$16.

Go to a fucking barber not your mom's hair salon
>>
>>9770428
$30 with 5-10 dollar tip. i take absolutely no chances and don't trust other dudes cutting my hair
>>
>>9770459
The last two barbers I've used regularly were both $16. With a $4 tip makes a nice even $20.

Learn what hairstyles will suit your face shape, lifestyle, and hair type. For example, the top of my head is shaped like a trapezoid, so if I do short sides long top, I have to have a fade because if I simply do a sharp line then I look like I'm rocking a half-mohhawk. I have straight hair, so I don't attempt things that only work for curly dudes. I have zero desire to use hair products, so I only get cuts that will look good without them.

Most importantly, just don't be autistic when talking with them about what you want done. If you have pictures of what you want, show them on your phone. If they start cutting too much off, tell them to stop. At the end when they ask you how it looks, tell them if you don't like it and what you want them to do. If they didn't care, they wouldn't ask. Good barbers will even let you come back after a day or two and fix something you find that you don't like.

Everyone is so worried about being offensive that they'd rather offend themselves than someone they encounter every two to four weeks.
>>
>>9770976
>with 5-10 dollar tip
lmao murrica
>>
>tfw every barber in town is a nigger who specializes in nig hair
I don't want to get robbed /fa/
>>
>>9770428

19 yuros
>>
there's a guy in my barber who's quite poor and doesn't have the best location. he normally charges 4 quid for a really good cut so I pay him a whole 10 bc he's sick as fuck
>>
depends on your country.
i pay 15€ and usually tip like 5€
before moving i went to a the sickest turkish barber, 7€ per cut, with tea too. wouldve easily paid 20 for that

>>9771576

>there is a guy in my barber
>>
>>9771612
he's gay, nothing wrong there
>>
$11 for me
>>
>>9771612
>paying in euros
>tipping

seems like you've been infected by americulture
>>
>>9770428
£8 from a local barber, don't be a twat about it, don't tip, make some banter with ya mate jason, all's good
>>
>>9770459

Ive gone to barbers and got shit haircuts.
>>
>>9771120
10/10
>>
I go to the Turks for my cut.
No matter what I ask for they can pull it off, don't be fooled by the typical Turk cuts in the window.

Though sometimes it's tough, they have the best beards....
>>
>>9771120
Yeah this seems like good advice to me. I mean it has a LOT to do with how well you can articulate what you want (which is why showing pictures helps a lot), but also has a lot to do with what you *know* about what you want.

Like last time i got a haircut, I showed the barber some pictures but only showed him how i wanted to put my hair and the general haircut (somewhat like Op's pic, broadly speaking). But I failed to emphasize that I also wanted something that didn't look too "well groomed", I wanted something a bit messy and with lots of texture. Next time I'll know what to ask for to get a result closer to what I want.

You can't always just show the guy a picture and expect him to know what it is you really like in it. Definitely voice your concerns if any too, there's zero problems at all with that.
>>
i pay $40 at a Japanese salon and they do a pretty good job. includes shoulder massage and 2 washes
>>
asain hair salons know their shit, and you can get the full treatment for only 30 bucks out in Los Angeles

i get compliments from high end salon workers (middle aged dyke women or fags) and they always ask where i get it

dont go to a fucking barber unless you are getting a simpleton hair cut
>>
>>9772254
Happy ending, too?
>>
>>9772001

Should I go to a barber or a salon to get my HY done?
>>
File: 1370518682411.gif (781KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1370518682411.gif
781KB, 320x287px
>>9770459
>Go to a fucking barber
>>9772429
>dont go to a fucking barber
>>
>>9774025

This was meant for the entire thread in general
>>
File: isjU8998Nb63m.gif (3MB, 262x275px) Image search: [Google]
isjU8998Nb63m.gif
3MB, 262x275px
wait have this many people really not ever been to a proper salon/barber before?

oh god, the no poo fad. it all makes sense now
>>
i've got a guy in chinatown who ask 8$. i give 5$ as a tip and even then it's cheap as hell.
>>
28 euros
>>
>>9770428
The place I've been going to usually charges $12+ for men's haircuts, so it's usually $15 for me since I leave my hair out long and I do no poo and I don't think they like that.

I've been hopping around from place to place for awhile and finally settled at this place cause the guy really knows what he's doing. If I bring in a picture it always ends up looking almost exactly like it. He really pays close attention to things like tapering and getting lengths just right.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.