[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /fa/ study?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 15

File: tumblr_n9ljbeEfCy1qhbh1qo3_500.jpg (72KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9ljbeEfCy1qhbh1qo3_500.jpg
72KB, 500x750px
what does /fa/ study?
>>
Is geology /fa/?
>>
your mom
LOL
>>
>>9723939
not in the slightest. pick a real science
>>
Russian
>>
music/compsci
>>
>>9723952
Okay, I'll switch my major to psychology.
>>
Used to study biochemistry, quit and almost have my surgical technologist certification
>>
>>9723933
Double Degree in Law and Social Sciences
>>
>>9723970
>certification
have fun applying to uni in next few years after finding no work
>>
Electrical engineering
Most non fob guys in my class are /mfa/ tier but better than ill fitting jeans and geeky graphic tshirts

Seen multiple asians in my class wearing rick owens
>>
CS with a minor in neuroscience
>>
physics
i hate it because i cant into math
>>
International Relationships
>>
>>9723933
2nd year of law school at ut austin
>>
>>9723991
what are you doing studying physics then, this makes no sense anon.
>>
art education and I'm really really happy with it. I really love teaching.
>>
>>9723933
Aerospace engineering
>>
>>9724000
That sounds nice. I always wanted to get into teaching.
>>
>>9723999
can't let my dad down!!
I'm doing this for you pa!
>>
>>9723996
HEY BUDDY I GO THERE TOO.

>>9724005
I don't want to sound cheesy but I think it's my calling. I got in as a studio major but then I learned about the art ed program and transferred. I spent all my time last year daydreaming about when I'd finally teach my own class.
>>
>>9724017
Doesn't sound cheesy at all, dude.
>>
Pharmacy. One of the two white guys in a 200 person class
>>
>>9724026
My uni is basically asia
>>
>>9724031
>>9724026
U in waterloo you faggots?
>>
i'm a first year math grad student

nothin srs tho just fukn around, i dont have the talent/passion
>>
Urban design (Urbanisme) in Montreal, super interesting so far
>>
Is Law effay enough?
>>
>>9724040
wtf is urban design
like fashion or architecture
>>
>>9724021
Aw thanks man. I know it's not very /fa/ because I'll never make a lot of money doing it, but it's something I like so much. We've done a bit of student interning and I got to teach some kids in pre-k and it was great. And I think I could do this all my life and always love it.
>>
I'm studying to be a teacher of history and English.
Am I /fa/?
>>
>>9724045
where are you at
here in canada we are laying off teacher
>>
>>9724034
Nah man Sydney
How bad is waterloo? Swear the ratio here is like 5 asians to 1 white person
>>
>>9724050
worst
University of Waterloo in canada has an exchange program with china
;_;
2 many international chinese kids...
>>
>>9724047
I'm in Austin right now. When I teach I'm going back to Houston. There's a shitton of urban sprawl and the suburbs are growing really quickly, so there's actually a lot of teaching jobs there.
>>
>>9724044
It's somehow similar to architecture but about cities
>>
>>9724054
Canadian government is poor as hell :^( I wanted to be a teacher but decided not to
>>
biology of science.
I want to get study organic chem or virology or some shit.
>>
>enter uni unsure of what to major in
>naturally good at writing
>enrolled in creative writing courses "until I figure out what I actually want to take"
>never figured it out
>almost have a degree in creative writing

Help.
>>
acuatic psychology
>>
>>9724066
TIME FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS :^)
>>
>>9724066
how did you stand creative writing classes?

I took philosophy classes when I wanted to write because while it still meant being between a bunch of pretentious asshats they were a tad bit less insufferable than the CW students.
>>
Graphic design / advertising.
>>
Information Systems. So many autismos in my field.
>>
>>9724059
That's unfortunate :( Maybe when you're older you can tho? I know that here if you want to teach private school you just need a masters, and if you want to teach public school you can have a bachelors in anything and you need a certification. So when you're older you could get certified and work towards retirement as a teacher, since it's a bit more chill and you can do it at an older age.
>>
>>9724053
Feel ya man
Group work is hell if you get assigned them. I don't even need them to be smart I just want to be able to talk in English with them.
Forever jealous of their clothes. Fucking rich Chinese kids driving around in Mercedes.
>>
>>9723970
Copy pasta my trip in a public IRC like a dumbass

>>9723978
There's actually surprisingly quite a number of applications a ST can work in, cba to think/list them all

The sad thing is I was a year away from getting my BS
>>
>>9724034
Nah, London. They essentially sell off university places to the highest foreign bidders here, I pay £9000 a year when they could be getting some chinese kid to be paying £29000
>>
Is anyone here doing medicine in Australia? I'm doing Health sciences at UQ so I can get in medicine and Im wondering what its like.
>>
>>9724002
Mechanical
>>
>>9724125
Not doing medicine but know quite a few friends who are in UNSW. They say the content is relatively interesting (anatomy, virology?? Something about diseases I dunno) but they're also shit tonnes of bogus subjects like professional medical practices where you get lectures on being ethical and shit. The thing most of them enjoy is placements - tbh I hardly see them anymore cos they're always at hospital/clinics during the week, observing what doctors do and such.
>>
Electrical Engineering
Graduated tho
>>
>>9723933
pre-med/chemistry
>>
english lit

i'm so fucked
>>
>>9724173
me too

the gimmick is slowly wearing off
>>
Journalism, i guess it's /fa/ish, i can cover local runways, trends, that kind of stuff.
>>
>>9724178
>hurr durr i love reading and everyone says i should do what i love!
>the analytical skills i'll gain from it will be useful in any career!
>i'm not a self-deluded faggot!
fml
>>
>>9723933
poli sci!
>>
Finance
>tfw enough money to cop whatever I want
>>
>>9724195
i sure hope you live near dc
>>
>>9724002
>>9724149
mechanical with aerospace elective
>>
>>9723999
well, i really like the subject
i love doing it qualitatively, describing and learning about concepts using words, that is something i _can_ do, and i do it well
i started doing my degree at the start of last year. i basically had no other ideas about what to, and i still dont. i feel as though i should move into earthscience/geology because that seems less math-y and im doing an earthsci course and am both enjoying it and doing reasonably well in it

tbh any advice on this is really appreciated because im directionless and i hate talking about this stuff
>>
>>9724197
money cant buy a gf
>>
Currently studying NEETology for the past 5 years.
>>
>>9723962
He said real science
>>
>>9724216
oh god, me too.
do you hate life as well?

are you also waiting for your parents to die so that you can kill yourself?
>>
>>9723933
Chemistry
>>
>>9724228
>>9724216
If you're NEET get off this board. Sorry but this isn't the place for you. Have a great day.
>>
>>9723933
Media studies and Germanistik
>>
fashion design major
aesthetics/value theory minor
>>
Graphic design Web design.
Also a freelance illustrator and artist.

Working as a graphic designer and artist for a net of fashion stores. It's demanding but pretty chill in vibe terms.
>>
>>9724254
Can we see some of your work or is that awk?
>>
>>9724227
So anthropology? Archaeology?
>>
>>9724236
make me, bitch
>>
>>9724210
mah niqqa
>>
>>9724258
I would. But you would trash me, regardless of the quality.

It's the internet.
>>
Memeology
>>
>>9724277
Don't make me tell your mommy you cuss on the internet. She'll kick you out.
>>
How difficult is CS, guys? Thinking about switching over to it.
>>
>>9724303
Depends. If you're pretty good at math and problem solving you should be straight. You really just have to stick with it.
>>
File: tumblr_n5o9f1aR9F1st4bmvo1_500.png (172KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5o9f1aR9F1st4bmvo1_500.png
172KB, 500x451px
Studied English in my undergrad.
>>
>>9724284
Just post it pussy, not everyone tries to be negative
>>
>>9724315
Alright, thanks man. I'm not too bad at math. The highest math I took was Calc I, though, but I didn't struggle or anything in it.

Right now I'm doing political science and pre-law and I fucking hate it. The people in it are annoying and I just wanna do something science related.
>>
>>9724293
I actually live in my own 700 sq ft apt
renting one room out though
that's partly why I can go full NEET
>>
>>9724284
I feel like they'll try but most people on here have no right to try to critique art. But of course if it makes you uncomfortable I'm not pushing you.
>>
File: 1368317042585.jpg (45KB, 420x377px) Image search: [Google]
1368317042585.jpg
45KB, 420x377px
doctor studies
>>
>>9724324
>pussy
No thanks, I don't need your approval.
also see:
>>9724340
Thanks, you sound like a cool person which I could hang with.
btw
>most people in here have no right to critique clothing or taste
>>
law and commerce

they're pretty good but I hate some of the people here, one guy wears a fucking suit to uni every day smh
>>
>>9724215
sure can, but my job title will be enough for that anyways
>>
>>9724359
Same here.
Guy in suit might be mature age and have work after maybe?
>>
physics and math
most beautiful stuff in the universe. wouldn't study anything else if i had the choice. If only there were more well dressed people and girls....
>>
>>9724125
my sisters both graduated from it in UWA and liked it a lot, it's a lot of work though and apparently everyone in the course has at least one mental breakdown and nurses treat you like shit when you start placements but they're both happy they took it. Apparently the career is really rewarding when they're not getting groped by aboriginals
>>
File: 1427559643335.jpg (57KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1427559643335.jpg
57KB, 500x386px
>>9724215
are you sure about that
>>
Environmental Science
>>
Labor relations & Human Resource management. Lol @ business school
>>
>>9723933
international relations with minors in french and korean. I already speak spanish semi-fluently.
>>
>>9723933
attractive women on the internet
>>
>>9724376
As a bio student, i'm jelous of Math majors who just show up to the library with a pad of paper, a pencil and a textbook. You guys have it made.
>>
File: ebinn.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ebinn.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>9723933
genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist
>>
3rd semester Medical School
>>
>>9723933
poetry
>>
>>9724485
shut up and hurry up with my frappucino
>>
>>9724470
Ironman major?
>>
Business Management, regretting it but i´m almost done, just one more year

getting into industrial design in two years, i´m taking garment manufacturing classes in my free time

>being stuck in an office all day isnt effay
>>
Computer technician cert, might do network management after this but most likely just gonna go back to gettin' those dolla' dolla' bills ya'll
>>
>>9724470
haha really? me too!!
>>
>>9723952
lol
Bio major mad he didn't do biophysics, biochem or neuroscience
>>
>>9724573
Im not the guy you replied too but everything i've read about biophysics is supremely boring
>>
File: tumblr_mvek29EeGO1suyxneo2_1280.jpg (287KB, 679x733px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvek29EeGO1suyxneo2_1280.jpg
287KB, 679x733px
architecture, anthropology, philosophy
>>
>>9724637
what is that, a triple major?
>>
Engineering in energy
>>
>>9724584
I major in sociology and I'm finishing an MA, but the little biophysics I didn't was miserable. I liked human a&p the best.
>>
File: 1425186136672.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1425186136672.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
>>9724211
i know waht youre talking about and it is the stupidest shit ever.
>qualitatively
youre one of those faggots who are enlightened by their own euphoria and read brief history of time and think that that is sufficient to know physics. youre a bitch if you dont want to do the math. why are you even majoring in physics , go do youre shitty /earthscience/ over there WHO
COMP
UTER
SCIENCE
MASTERRACE HERE
(with a minor in physics)
>>
File: 1427254483388.gif (500KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1427254483388.gif
500KB, 242x251px
>>9724334
sorry bruv but calc 1 isnt really a masure of whether you can do real math/computer science you should basically just kill yourslef rn
>>
>>9724211
if you dont like math, get out of physics asap. it only gets more mathy and if you aren't good at / don't like math there basically no chance at a career in physics except maybe as a lab tech (but that d still be hard to get to without a shit load of math)

Math & Physics joint major
>>
Mechatronics
>>
File: ab_brickroad.jpg (64KB, 425x304px) Image search: [Google]
ab_brickroad.jpg
64KB, 425x304px
classics & philosophy
>>
File: 2823_z58_building.jpg (33KB, 348x439px) Image search: [Google]
2823_z58_building.jpg
33KB, 348x439px
>>9724660
for now, double minors.. might double major arch + anthro.. philo beyond a minor is a waste of time,
>>
>>9724705
ahh fuck. i really like maths but again it's a qualitative thing, whenever i try and do any self directed learning relating to grinding equations and that i just give up after i start having trouble
thanks for the tip anyway man
>>
>>9724833
no problem bro. i know it's tough giving up on something, but physics is so dependent on math, i'd rather tell you now then have you come to that conclusion 2 more years deep.

good luck!
>>
I finished study a few years ago, but I completed a degree in media design. I've been working at an agency/tech company since finishing and mostly make enterprise apps and websites. I make decent money and am on a good career path.
>>
Computational Neuroscience and Cognitive Science. Trying to get into artificial intelligence.

I still kinda regret not doing more graphic design.
>>
psychology and philosophy
gonna be making bank
>>
Business Management and Graphic Design
>>
The dark arts of business
>>
>>9724693
other way around man, physics major with comp sci minor. What annoys me is how its called a minor, when the only difference is one unit thats titled "difficulties in engineering"
>>
>tfw can't decide between geology, linguistics, and medicine

I'm in America, medicine is so fucking competitive and I'm going to admit 'm a low-effort kind of guy who submits is work a minute or two before deadline, but I have this desire to physically help people if you know what I mean.

that desire is probably why I'm considering linguistics, intending to be a professor if I do that as I've been interested in that for a while.

geology was just my backpack STEM when I started getting scared of medicine

fuck man I gotta decide soon too
>>
>>9724956

Why not just take that extra course?
>>
>>9724975
I'm a linguistics major and have no idea what to fucking do with it.

I thought I'd be a teacher, but I'm not sure I want to go overseas to work because working in America as a teacher is dogshit
>>
bachelor in liberal arts. My work is mostly printmaking. is it /fa/?
>>
>>9724982
Teachers in Australia are paid pretty well if it's the pay you're worried about.
>>
>>9724210
Me 2, almost done with 4th semester at csulb. I hate it

U guys?
>>
>>9724036
where at? also first year math grad student
>>
>>9724982

I'm >>9724975
I decided when I made my top 3 that I'd only to Linguistics if I pursued Professor status and got a doctorate, why don't you try for yours?

I was considering getting a trade to fund my doctorate if I went after it
>>
>>9724043
Homie
>>
>>9724981
i cant because my degree specifies 24 units min/max and i already am doing 16 units (didn't have one of the math prerequisites). I'll probs just do it after I get my degree
>>
Economics/Finance double major :^)
>>
>>9724058
marry me
>>
Chemical Engineering with a compsci minor

I dress like a dad so it's fitting that I don't study an /fa/ subject
>>
TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRADES

fuck academia,you people are fucked when you graduate
>>
>>9725118
expanding your mind is fa
building muscle through menial labour isn't
>>
>>9724975
Fuck pharmaceutical medicine. You're going to be doing nothing but making some fat businessmen money while they circlejerk over perpetuating disease and misfortune by masking symptoms.
>>
Accountancy / music
>>
>>9725144

you don't have to go to college to expand your mind

one would argue you expand your mind more through independent study
Don't fall into the social stigma that people in trades are idiots anon
>>
File: safe_image.jpg (20KB, 470x246px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.jpg
20KB, 470x246px
>>9725151
nice red pill bro that's exactly how it works
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 250x173px
Political Science

im going to get raped by exams next week
>>
>>9725156
self study wont help when your trying to learn physics or math or medicine
>>
>>9725172

why would I need that though

>work for three years
>half a million saved up
>can now retire and work a comfy safe job for 50k a year or go to college and not have to worry about money
>>
Economics @ Boston University

>>9725144

how is staying health/caring about your body
not /fa/? I never understood /fa/'s stance on this, besides, the runway show aesthetic.

Now, I'm not saying looking like Arnold or Ronnie Coleman is /fa/, but having a lean body with some muscle on it?
This is extreme, however, would you be more
/fa/ at 400lbs or 150?
>>
Construction Management reporting in
>>
>>9724125
Pharmacy here, I've heard it's shit but at least you'll be a doctor at the end of it.

have you got 1040 behind you yet or are you stuck with all the future PEteachers and phisios like I am?
>>
Formerly Philosophy, currently Computer Science.
>>
English with a literature/secondary education focus. Gonna teach in Nipland/Korea for a few years and then come back here. I want to teach at my old high school eventually.
>>9725214
Good job, anon. Philosophy as a major is fucking worthless.
>>
>>9725180
comfy on 50k a year? thats complete bs and you have no backup. How does this sound

>60k for degree
>80k starting at a company
>goes up each year
>low danger
>salary at 35 is like 300k
you can also start your own company easily
>>
>>9723933
Spanish/Pre Med
>>
File: muro-02.jpg (769KB, 1180x738px) Image search: [Google]
muro-02.jpg
769KB, 1180x738px
I'm old so I don't study shit. But when I was a youngin I studied math, then law. I still regret law.
>>
>>9725244
Idk, mate. I loved it but more and more, it was making me depressed and anxious.

I recently saw a former, fellow philosophy major. It was 2am and we were both at some 24hr taco place. I was there alone, having just finished drinking with new, mostly male friends, and he showed up with three "blondes", having just left some fraternity party; he's in a fraternity. It's funny to watch how he's become more and more "fratty" over the years. That's amplified by the fact that we're from an over-enrolled, West Coast, public school. He's graduating this quarter and going to law school in the Fall. I was somewhat happy for him but I won't lie: I felt a twinge of jealousy. He reminds me of many like him whom I've met before: ambitious, vibrant, so full of life. I used to like people like that, but then I found out that many of them are manipulative and driven only by the material. But maybe I'm assuming too much. Meanwhile, I'll be staying another year here. Still very much alone.

I often wonder how the other half lives. I don't know what happened to my self-esteem, my confidence in what I was doing.

Sorry to just spill all of that out but I needed it.
>>
>>9723996

2L at notre dame.
>>
File: cs.jpg (51KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
51KB, 300x250px
Computer Science. I've programmed since middleschool and I thought I'd enjoy studying it at uni but the introductory classes are so shitty and the staff of grad students and professors is riddled with cucks and cunts. Hoping things start shaping up next year though.
>>
>>9723933
finance/mathematics honours with an internship

sit down little boys
>>
Industrial Design
>>
>>9725319
that seems so well written, almost like an scp or copy pasta
>>
>>9725365
lol, i study chemical engineering on a medicine scholarship. The only requirement for the degree is that it was from the same faculty.
>>
Had a student at school once tell me my CPs were nice :') I was their teacher
>>
>>9725409
SCP? I wish it were copypasta. Camus once wrote of the eloquent void.

I don't know quite know how to fix my life, if there's anything precisely wrong with it in the first place. I'm only 22 but already, I feel like I'm too old. I keep wondering whether I've already missed out, whether I've had or am having enough fun. It used to make me want to cry when older folks told me "College is the best time of your life! It only gets harder from now on!" These days, I just tell myself that they're wrong, that thing's will get better, but I don't know who was really telling the bigger lie.
>>
>>9724066
i really hope this is some pasta; if not however, you are fucked! CS/Math master race. See new-money asians draped in Versace and Owens on a daily. Saw some dude with the Versace lava tee, which made me chuckle a bit.
>>
>>9724902
>tfw when AI is fucking hard
I'm hoping Data Mining is easier.
>>
lol at all cucks in math and physics

i was double major in math and physics before transferring to chem eng and now i get bitches and do useful shit while u jack off to anime
>>
>>9725474
engineering, lol. literally a trade school degree

I did math phys and now I'm at med school
>>
Furniture Design
>>
>>9725474
>getting bitches
>in STEM
Where's the lie?
>>
>>9725556
chem eng is basically 50% girls
>>
>>9724211
math is literally the most beautiful thing in the world and the only real science in existence, you probably don't dislike math, you need to actually study it from the very beginning, strip every possible interpretation away and just see mathematical objects, it's much easier that way, and then you will realize how and why everything works, stay away from calculus problems and focus on concepts and definitions
>>
>>9725172
>self study wont help when your trying to learn physics or math or medicine
Depends on how gifted you are. Besides, medicine is piss easy compared to math/physics, since it's just a bunch of rote memorization.
>>
>>9725506
>calls engineering a "trade school degree"
>is studying medicine
Top kek anon.
>>
>>9723933
PolSci. I have the slight feeling that I am the only one doing something for the courses. Everyone else is just your everyday lazy feminist/marxist.
>>
Economics, what do you think of economics /sci/fa/ ?
>>
>>9725595
Honestly, I agree. Medicine is bullshit. The average iq halved coming from math phys. But getting tenure at a top 20 uni is nearly impossible these days. Its either that or go into orthopedics and make a guaranteed 600k. Basically, I sold out lel
>>
File: Amano.Yoshitaka.full.77954.jpg (928KB, 1901x2798px) Image search: [Google]
Amano.Yoshitaka.full.77954.jpg
928KB, 1901x2798px
Philosophy.

All I see here regarding it is minors and drop outs, a shame.
>>
>>9725595
what is there to engineer in america? kfc paper buckets?

the US can't afford to build roads/highways/buildings in obama's america

the US makes nothing....

outsource design to india, and production to china and sell at walmart

thats it

no room in that supply chain for a baby faced 19 year old to make hurpadurpa millon dollaroos a year
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.