[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Male Skincare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

Do any of you have any suggestions to mens skin care.
(pic related i just got this to try it out, thoughts???)
>>
Can someone recommend me a good facial moisturizer?
>>
>>9679137
Kiehls facial fuel
>>
Tretinoin users, do you apply it once or twice a day? And would taking BP in the morning, then Tretinoin at night be a good idea?
>>
I just use nivea for men moisturizer tbh
>>
>>9679167
>twice a day

Have you tried this?

It will dry your skin out like fuck. Do whatever your derm told you, it totally depends on your skin type/how it reacts.

I'd say every other day honestly dude
>>
>>9679137
lidl body moisturizer, white bottle
>>
>>9679263
No, I just got a script from my doctor (not a derm) and she said twice a day is recommended. I don't have severe acne though. I was planning on starting it tonight.
>>
File: deep_moisture_comfort_balm copy.png (90KB, 360x456px) Image search: [Google]
deep_moisture_comfort_balm copy.png
90KB, 360x456px
>>9679137
I use this shit
>>
r8 my routine:

>salicylic scrub in the morning
>alcohol pad afterwards
>rinse during afternoon or after excercise
>tretinoin at night
>>
>>9679223
Once I had a fight with my boyfriend right after he washed and moisturised his face with Nivea and for years afterward I really couldn't stand the smell.
>>
>>9679349
oh..
>>
tfw dermatitis appears from time to time (around 5 months/year) and any of these things are worthless
>>
Dove Men+Care Hydrating face wash. Been using it since I discovered it, previously used some Biore stuff for the past 5 or 6 years. Nary a pimple shows anymore, once every couple of months? I am 28 though.
>>
what if i moisteurize my ballsack
>>
>>9679167
My doctor told me to use once a day at night. Also I wouldn't use bp while on it as your skin gets sore and dry already so the bp will make it worse.
>>
>>9679338
I wouldn't use alcohol stuff to be honest
>>
>>9678611
>>9679223
>>9679311
>>9679382
that's garbage
you guys are fucking hopeless losers
>>
>>9679137
I use cetaphil for sensitive dry skin (as opposed to the reg lotion) and it's pretty good, but makes my face a bit greasy throughout the day. Heard good things about seba med too, but I never tried it out

>>9679167
I do once a day at night, but I got like a 0.06% formula. I also spot treat with BP as needed in the morning and night. When I first did that though, it dried the shit out of my skin, so I worked my way up slowly
>>
>>9679379
Yep. Ordinary moisturizers sometimes cannot help with dermatitis (for varying reasons). Your standard go-to solution for dermatitis relief is OTC hydrocortisone cream. It's highly effective. You're welcome.

>>9680422
play nice, res!
>>
this will be a personal hygiene thread now

what do you guys do about body hair?
im 23 and recently hair started growing on my shoulders and below the neck
i'm hesitant to shave it, rather pluck with tweezers but that doesnt seem to last long either
>>
>>9680422
Says the useless cunt who makes Susan Boyle look like a 10.
>>
>>9681432
why are you hesitant to shave it
>>
>>9683429
when they grow back there'll be stubbles
>>
>>9683494
just shave everyday?
>>
>>9679137
Dermalogica intensive moisture balance. Get a tester and see if you like it.
>>
All I do at the moment is wash with water once a day (shower); sometimes once before bed.

Skin is okay but semi-frequently get pimples. What's babby's first skin-care product/routine?
>>
so you guys only buy stuff that exclusively is advertising at males or is at least gender neutral?

Also you don't start applying trerinoin daily and for sure not twice a day
>>
That Aztec Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar is fucking incredible.
>>
>>9683563
sunscreen
>>
>>9683570
Really? I live in England.
>>
>>9683570
What does that do?
>>
>>9683563
Sunscreen and a decent moisturiser.
>>
>>9683570
How will protecting against sun help my zits?
>>
>>9683588
The sun can apparently exacerbate acne and deepen the colouring of scarring if you have any scabs or scars from acne. Plus it's just the best thing you can do for skincare in general. If you only want to use one thing, use sunscreen.
>>
>>9683593
Oh shit, I'm 19 and have pretty much never worn sunscreen unless I'm going to a lake or waterpark.

To be fair I'm a pretty big shut in but I do a fair share of going out still.

How fucked am I evem if I start using SPF 30 every time I leave the house tomorrow?

And what do I do if I'm going to be out for more than 2 hours? Take the whole fucking bottle with me for fucks sake?
>>
>>9683605
its never too late
just pack it in a small bottle/tube and carry that around in your bag/pocket/whatever you carry
>>
>>9683593
True with the discoloring but UV rays actually kills bacteria. Thats how all medical tools are disinfected
>>
>>9683626
Oh true.

Will spf 30 coppertone work?
>>
>>9683654
havent use that brand but anything that says "SPF 30+" is good enough
personally i use an spf 50 but thats cos it's really sunny most of the time here
>>
File: Triumph-and-Disaster.jpg (195KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Triumph-and-Disaster.jpg
195KB, 700x400px
This stuff is GOAT. Esp the facial moisturizer.
>>
>>9683633

This.
Though it's good to put sunscreen on your face everyday. You will think about it in 40 years.
>>
>>9683916
even if I don't go outside?
>>
I'm using Bioderma.

It's not cheap but works good.
>>
>>9679338
Yeah, take out those alcohol pads and you should be good. Do you use moisturizer at all?
>>
/fa/ can anyone recommend a moisturizer that won't clog pores? i tried cetaphil and that shit made my face red
>>
>>9683654
keep in mind thats a body sunscreen its gonna be heavier than what u use on ur face. go to the acne section of any drugstore and look for like neutrogena or whatever moisturizer and check that it has an spf rating.
>>
>>9684429
bump
>>
sebamed or dr lin hydrators? opinions?
>>
>>9684065
Pretty much.

You're pretty much always being hit by UV rays.
>>
>>9683569
Its quite expensive here,

Is it really worth? I have some acne, and some acne scars. My skin is not good at all, but moisturizer and changing pillow covers dont work. I was thinking about this aztec secret clay thing. Anyone knows if its good?
>>
>>9686513
It will either work miracles on your face or cause you to break out even worse.

It works pretty well for me. I use it once a week.

When you take it off your face is going to be super red, so don't get scared.

Make sure you wash it off thoroughly, possibly using an exfoliant to ensure it doesn't clock your pores. That's probably why so many people start breaking out when they use it.

>>9686469
This is true.
>>
>>9686567
Hm,

Do you know why it doesnt work for some people? Is it about face sensitivity?
>>
>>9678611
i use a cleanser and that's it. ive been eating clean for two weeks and my skin is sooo fucking good... you could probably buy expensive skincare and eat shit, but i feel good
>>
>>9687807
That could be a factor. It actually has specific instructions on the back to only leave it on for 10 minutes if you have sensitive skin. Basically, you'd only be letting it half dry. If your skin isn't that sensitive, leave it on for 20.

I think I'm actually going to start leaving it on for the 10 since it's been hurting when I wash it off. :/
>>
Does men skincare actually have different affects on mens skin or is it all just marketing so men don't feel weird buying products used by women?
>>
>>9688039
typically the scents are more masculine, that's about it as far as I'm aware

might be some chemicals to coincide with hormone levels, idk, but probably marketing
>>
>>9686567
>It will either work miracles on your face or cause you to break out even worse.

Nope. False dichotomy. Have you ever heard of standard distribution? Rise above.
>>
I have 90% perfect skin, no blemishes, but sometimes it feels dry in certain areas, and every month or two i will get a slight bump or two. I'm wondering if there's any skincare routine with a single product? Like a moisturizer or sunscreen? I'm happy with the way my skin looks but I'd like it to be smoother.
>>
I used to get really dry skin around my nose and eyebrowns all the time, it was fucking disgusting and most moisturizer only helped a little for a couple of hours. Some months ago i went full fuck it and stopped using any shit at all, just water . First days where hell, dry skin falling of my face like its fucking christmas. My face is now soft and nice like a peach
>>
Stay hydrated too. Drink at least 2.5 liters worth of water a day. Also get 8 hours of sleep and it will help significantly keep your skin clean.
>>
>>9681432
Be a man and not give a fuck? I've never met a girl that complained about hair on my chest.
>>
>>9689356
did you read the post? chest is not the problem
>>
>>9689356

That is absolute bullshit, it's common knowledge that girl hate chest hair.
>>
>>9681432
Get an epilator
>>
>>9683535
>>9679137
Good rec. If you can't get your hand on a sample, buy a starter kit for your skin type. It comes with face wash, toner, moisturizer, exfoliant and eye cream. It's a great kit and should last you about a month
>>
File: 20150412_033332-1.jpg (624KB, 2260x2213px) Image search: [Google]
20150412_033332-1.jpg
624KB, 2260x2213px
Went on holiday to portugal for a few days and had a terrible breakout.

What do? Pop it or leave it? It's been like that for like 4 days now and it's bothering me ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 1280x960px
Is this rosacea? It gets worse in the winter and goes somewhat away in the summer so I always thought it was windburn. What should I get to help with this pls help /fa/
>>
>>9691645
DON"T POP IT

A few days with a pimple is better than a lifetime with a scar
>>
>tfw 25 and still battling acne
wash my face daily with 10% benzyl peroxide wash
and use 10% benzyl peroxide acne cream

if i stop either of these for a day or two i break out like fucking crazy

got crazy potmarked skin at this point

loads of bacne i can only control with daily application of selsun blue
>>
>>9691645
You could always put one of those circular bandaids on it to help you not be as tempted to pop it. It should go away in a couple days if you leave it alone.
>>
>>9691817
Go see a dermatologist.
>>
anyone get razor burn? how to stop?

routine:
>shower
>shave (DE razor) w/ hot water
>rinse w/ very cold water
>apply this bump spray shit i bought

that stuff hasn't worked really..
>>
>>9691835
Shave slowly and carefully with the grain and make sure the razor is sharp. Exfoliating might help.
>>
If you ever get pimples, you should do a course of accutane.
I was always told not to because I didn't have acne, just sporadic pimples. Did it anyway, was dry as fuck for about 3 months and after that my skin is completely cured. I almost never put products on my skin anymore, just cleaner when it feels dirty (usually after drinking) and moisturiser maybe twice a month if it feels dry.
>>
>>9691834
yeah, i did a long time ago when i was like 15, i should probably drop by again now that its not improved in so long

mind you, i'm not exactly helping it
>dont exercise at all
>diet isnt stellar
>very rarely outside in the sun

but once i get my own place i can improve on these a lot
>>
>>9691874
Did they put you on any medication back then? You need something better than a medicated face wash. Heavy and ongoing acne isn't going to be helped with better diets and exercise generally (though you should still do those things anyway).
>>
>>9691886
they did indeed put me in medicated acne cream, and i think there was some manner of pills? i dont remember

but yeah i should hit him up again, assuming that same doctor is still around
>>
>>9679137
motor oil
>>
>>9691874
Are you me
>>
>>9692358
no
maybe?
>>
I've started to put interest in my skincare for like a month now, and I've seen progress. But, strangely, a few pimples appeared on my face now. Am I doing something wrong?
I searched for the right way to shave, I moisturize my skin, I wash my face twice a day and I also use exfoliant once a week.
>>
i tested over 100 products, different diets and every little suggestion you can find on the web and NOTHING DID CHANGE ANYTHING.
all products are 100% placebo and only consumer puppets buy this shit.
your body either heals it by itself or you are stuck with shit skin thanks to genetics like myself.
>>
holy shit. look at you retards recommending your placebo sunscreen. 95% of 4chan does sit on their desktop all day with little to no sun exposure yet you recommend sunscreen?!
>>
just look at this thread. one help searching person after the other gets recommended placebo products from these consumer shills. pathetic.
>>
>>9678611

I recently had a conversation with my dermatologist about skin and haircare products and he told me that basically all skin and haircare products on the market are shit. ESPECIALLY products that try to sell you anti-wrinkle this and that. Now the reason that most of these products don't work isn't because they're completely bullshit, it's that the ingredient that is supposed to do what they say is put into the product at very low doses. On the other hand there's also products that relieve for instance acne for a little bit, but not always completely causing you to keep buying the junk.

Most products are shit. Go see your dermatologist for answers about your skin.
>>
>>9678611
what i do is just wash my face as soon as i wake up, i use a cheap clean and clear washer then exfoliate with burts bees. then i use a toner and put on sunscreen/moistuizer
>>
>>9693357
I use the Clean and Clear brand as well. For the price, it works extremely well. As a college student, I can't exactly be dropping 50 bucks on a small bottle of cleanser.

>>9693222
This is true for many things, but a lot of products work extremely well without the "if you stop using it for 12 hours you become pizza".

>>9693165
UV rays aren't strictly an outdoor "threat".
>>
Okay I used to have terrible bacne and moderate face acne. I tried EVERYTHING from home remedies (lemon juice masks, egg yolk masks, etc) to OTC products found everywhere. My acne started to improve after I started looking to my habits rather than the products I'm using. If you start to eat healthier, and work out (stress relief) you'll feel better. Once I stopped touching my face and switching bed sheets more often, I saw little improvements as well. Finally, I completely stopped worrying about all of the extra stuff people use for their acne. (toner, creams, etc). I'm not bashing those who do use these methods but I've come to the realization I've been using too much shit on my face. I minimized what I used. I used a cleanser, exfoliate every other day along with a clay mask at night every other day and a moisturizer.

tl;dr -- Everyone's acne is different. (Stress, genetic, hormonal) Lifestyle isn't going to give you a clear face, but it's definitely going to affect you later down the road in one way or another. Your body works on what you put into it. You do the math. Keep an easy regime that you STICK TO. That is the NUMBER 1 most important habit you must build.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>9679137
This shit right here works wonders

I'm actually just about out of it, gonna have to order again.
>>
>>9693507
what part of your snails do you apply this to, the body or the shell?
>>
>>9679167
My derm told me that BP and tret cancel eachother out somewhat, I'd just pick one or do half a year of BP followed by half a year of tret, they cure different things anyways.
>>
Anyone have any experience with chemical peel at-home kits?
I've got a bit of hyperpigmentation and wanted to make it a bit less noticeable

I was thinking lactic acid or Jessner's
>>
>>9678611
Cheapo face wash > Clean & Clear deep cleaning astringent > Body Shop soft arse coco butter > 50+ UVA-UVB sun lotion
Once in the morning, once at night.
My skin always looks perf.
>>
>>9693759
The anus
>>
Anybody know a good BHA exfoliant?
>>
>Constant oily skin
>acne/pimples go wild for about 5 days twice a month.
>eat clean and work out
>clean face morning, noon, night, after workout
>change pillow case frequently
I need something to stop them all together, don't care if I have to apply everyday and I can't skip a day. Ausfag needs some brand/routine suggestions.
>>
>tfw large pores

Not even cold water and pore minimizing toner works. I have the skin of a 50 year old man minus the wrinkles. Shit sucks.
>>
>>9693871
Get a toner dude. Toners are specifically for oil.
>>
>>9694456
Toners are for a variety of different skin issues. Don't give people advice if you don't know shit
>>
File: pisson.jpg (44KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
pisson.jpg
44KB, 640x426px
how do i make my face more smooth, even colored and less blotchy
>>
>>9693871
Cetaphil facial soap
Use their mosturizer as well as directed
>>
>>9686567
w2c aztec clay?
>>
>Male Skincare
Are such things really necessary if you're heterosexual, have acceptable skin and eat healthy?

It's a cold night back from the strip mall and you tuck your hands into the ill-fitting peacoat pockets. The cheap product combined with the humid, smoggy air reduces your HY to a pathetic state. Dejected, you cut through an alley on the way to your dingy studio you share with your friend from community college. A thug brandishing a snub nose .40 accosts you. "Wallet and phone, make it quick!" An autistic grin smears across your face as you reach for your /fa/ approved knife. Turning around too quickly makes you trip over your fake geos's extra large toe-box. On your way down to the ground the pink pen knife betrays you, accidentally slashing a major artery on your neck.

Spewing blood, you only stutter out, "I'm always dressed in Rick and ..." before bleeding out.
The hoodlum steps over the jizz smelling blood pooling around your body, grabs your Gucci wallet, leaves your Motorola razor and flees.

The next day, a side article in the Los Angeles Times titled "Hate Crime on the Rise?" reads:
Local homosexual and loner OP found dead at the seen. Police interviews with anon quotes, "yeah that guys fits were shit."
>>
>>9693507
you can keep that
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.