[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think that Comme de Garcon Play is passé and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 8

Does anyone else think that Comme de Garcon Play is passé and (no pun intended) played out? I still like the other lines, but I feel Play has become a way for Chinese kids to show off that they have money. Also any other brands out there you think are being used for dick measuring contests?
>>
>>9677376
i've only seen white people wearing it, but yeah that's pretty accurate. it's a pretty boring line. i don't dislike the heart but it would be nice if they did something more then just put it on tshirts and shoes.
>>
Actually chubby rich chinese kids have ruined almost every designer
>>
>>9677376
I think their cardigans and creme colored converse look nice. Other than that, yeah they're pretty boring.
>>
>>9677376
cdg play is a diffusion line
it's also shit

/thread
>>
>>9677391
if i buy you a chanel bag will you love me??

just meet me at the chanel boutique and i'll hook u up ;)
i kno you know where it is
>>
>>9677376
gay as fuck, why do I need to be a walking billboard.

typical asian shit.
>>
>>9677408
what do you look like, and why are you tripping?
>>
>>9677408
wut?
>>
>>9677418
ashley do you wear supreme

i want to laugh at you but i think streetwear is cute on girls
>>
>>9677376
I only see people wearing fake cdgs here so yeah it's pretty played out
>>
I see it around in my flyover state's flyover town once in a while. Mainly just this asian girl in my physics course. Saw it on a cardi she was wearing. Looked nice, but I wonder how much it cost because it was just a basic long cardi.

Only thing I know that I like is the CDG converse, partially BECAUSE brand whoring, partially because I like the colors and Converse is too fucking stupid to offer any of their shoes in a good colorway so
>>
>>9677435
That's pathetic CDG isn't even that much, and is it obvious?
>>
>>9677376
I go to school in Vancouver, and it's pretty much exclusively for
Chinese exchange students with parent-money here. I'm not
personally a fan, though I do like their cardigans somewhat.
>>
>>9677418
i just want to love you bby
just let me ashley

and meet me outside of chanel on tuesday just after 1
i kno yr still in highschool but skipping class ain't nothing for you babe :^)
>>
>>9677448
people in here were complaining it was played out now you're mad that people are wearing fakes?

The fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 2592x1936px
>>9677427
ya lol

supreme shit is weak but i literally had two different guys stop me in the hallway and say nice hat

i nearly never wear supmeme tho so don't judge me
>>
>>9677460
buying something stupid > pretending to buy something stupid to impress other people
>>
>>9677474
they didn't care about your hat they just wanted to fug
>>
>>9677474
what school are you at i'd do more than just stop you in the hall if you kno what im saying
i don't want to have to wait until you're at ryerson for me to meet you
>>
Play was one of the more endeering design cncepts i've seen

its always felt very french, and its always felt in line with the "French-core" aesthitic

the logo is my all time favoruite tbh
>>
>>9677488
I like the heart too, but it has become a victim of it's own success.
>>
File: 1313489767-30452300.jpg (100KB, 1129x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1313489767-30452300.jpg
100KB, 1129x1500px
>>9677376
i got this like two weeks ago (sorry no photo rn)

planning to get a striped longsleeve too
>>
>>9677496
he's being sarcastic you dumbshit

and he's right, play is complete shit fashionwise

i don't care about fashion any more though
>>
Play is for people who know the CdG name is famous but are either too poor to afford actual CdG (like all the people who buy CdG chucks)
Or, in the case of rich new money asians, people who buy for known logos (theyd never buy actual CdG cause they cant style it well and common people wouldnt know what it was immediately by looking at it)

Dont buy CdG play
>>
>>9677497
>>9677505
bae stop playing so hard to get
>>
>>9677505
Your'e a fucking retard if you think im being sarcastic

CDG Play is a victim to FOB's in the same way rick and givenchy is. There is no real connotation with FOB's irl and its only a microcosmic concept held by nerds on an anime image board.
>>
>>9677481
i wish
>>
>>9677513
I'm not disagreeing with you about Play, but the CDG cream chucks are decent.
>>
>>9677452
Richmond?
>>
>>9677525
60% of the time I see Play out and about it's FOBs wearing it. Anecdotal evidence sure, but its enough for me personally to kinda be taken aback by the brand.
>>
File: earewar.jpg (107KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
earewar.jpg
107KB, 500x800px
>>9677533
no, they're the worst

just like how you can buy cosmetics and fragrances to use daily from dior, saint laurent etc. for $100 but you can't get any of the clothes

they're marketed to the lowest common denominator and they have no fashion value at all

literally tumblr girl tier
>>
>>9677554
i've seen just as many non-asian people as asians wearing memey stuff

there are a few white kids in gr 10 or 11 i see in the hallways who think bape and supreme are the pinnacle of streetwear

and ALL the stupid tumblr chicks wear cdg chucks, white chucks, doc martens, or adidas superstars with their high rise jeans and white crop tops it's fucking annoying
>>
>>9677563
I see your point, but I just use them as casual off white sneakers.
>>
>>9677563
u suck
>>
>>9677563
yes thank you for explaining diffusion lines
doesn't mean they're all trash
silent by damir doma is made in the same factories as mainline
cdg tricot, gnaryu, homme, black
are all high quality as well

also you can get most designer fragrances for like 100$ so thats not really aimed at the lowest common denominator
accessories and heavily over branded items yes
cosmetics and fragrances? not really
>>
>>9677452
100% true
>>
>>9677563

do you actually own any clothes

i see you posting a ton but never a fit or even a single peice.

I dont understand how someone can try to have an opinion on a community youre not a part of lmao
>>
>>9677588
cdg chucks are fine for that
ree doesn;t kno what she's talking about anyways
>>
>>9677513
I actually like a few designs

>the one with the heart only being colored in at the very bottom

But a few don't make sense like how they went super try hard with Frozen. Fuck that shit
>>
>>9677513
everything i own from cdg i've paid less than $100 for

i own cdgh
cdgh+ X2
and cdg black

it's not expensive
>>
>>9677588
Yeah, they're fine for that
>>
>>9677635
why are you bragging? nobody asked what you own lol
>>
>>9677653
>Play is for people who know the CdG name is famous but are either too poor to afford actual CdG

it's not expensive .....which was the point
>>
>>9677605
Literally nobody in this thread has said Play is expensive. All you're doing is trying to impress this girl who probably doesn't give two fucks about how many cdg pieces you own
>>
>>9677452
which school lol
>>
>>9677452
hey i have a friend who lives in vancouver
>>
>>9677677
> too poor to afford actual CdG

if you can afford play you can afford cdg
i was just saying i own multiple pieces from different lines and none of it is expensive

i really don't see how that equate into me trying to impress ashley lmao
>>
>>9677697
>if you can afford play you can afford cdg

And what point are you trying to make? Nobody implied otherwise.

>damage control
>>
yeah you dumb faggot this isn't thread worthy at all. anyone with the tiniest amount of taste has recognized this "earth-shattering" realization of yours for a long time now.
>>
>>9677711
>Play is for people who know the CdG name is famous but are either too poor to afford actual CdG

i was pointing out how this statement is untrue
>>
>>9677711
except people literally did imply otherwise, can you read?
>>
>>9677563
> to the lowest common denominator

the moment someone uses buzzwords like this taken from straight from tvtropes clueless kiddies like you start inserting them into their foolhardy attempts at forming arguments because they think it'll give the impression of persuasiveness w/o them actually having to put that much thought into the rhetoric.

protip: if you don't know how to use something in a sentence, look it up.
>>
>>9677766
to be fair she's not entirely wrong
just the wording is a bit off
diffusion lines are aimed at a wider audience than the mainline because they're at a lower pricepoint
>>
>>9677525
>>9677554
At my college it's mostly chinese exchange wearing CDG play but i've seen the cream converse on qtgrils
>>
it's cute, but they have always been a fob brand.
>>
>>9677772
yes, that's EXACTLY what i meant
thanks versace <3
>>
>>9677780
"qtgrils" being basic tumblr bitches

you could literally sign up for a new tumblr account, follow 5 suggested fashion blogs, and learn how to dress EXACTLY the same way

i wouldn't expect thirsty teens to know any better though
>>
File: cdg play.jpg (192KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cdg play.jpg
192KB, 1000x1000px
Boring diffusion line but I like the cute heart. Only piece I would consider coping is this.
>>
>>9677791
yes that's exactly what i was talking about (>>9677497)

high five buddy
>>
>>9677791
gross, stripes are waaay too thin
>>
>>9677789
You'd have to gay to give a shit about what shoes a girl wears.
>>
>>9677782
u kno if u didn't post so god dam much u would be a pretty cool trip
>>
>>9677795
Awesome! The thing I like besides the heart is the fact the collar has the stripe instead of being a single color. It's a really nice touch.
>>
>>9677798
part of attraction is finding people with similar values and interests

it doesn't make you "gay" to not be attracted to every pretty girl you see.
>>
>>9677800
what else is a lonely girl supposed to do at 2am :(
>>
File: eddyseeswhatyoudidthar.jpg (21KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
eddyseeswhatyoudidthar.jpg
21KB, 285x249px
>>9677772

b-but what about

>making vast generalizations about a subset of people while using "tumblr girl tier" as an all encompassing term

>stating the obvious

She behaves as if she's smartest person in the board. It's funny how she projects all this arrogance but has so little to show for it. . She probably belongs here but shit nigga, begin captain obvious doesn't take much smarts.
>>
>>9677805
Oh my god thank you. My friend call me gay if I point out something a girl is wearing. How is that gay?
>>
>>9677805
You're not wrong, but when it comes to something as minor as shoes idgaf. If she liked crap music or movies it'd probably be different. Plus sometimes pussy is pussy.
>>
>>9677810
*being captain obvious doesn't take much smarts
>>
>>9677811
because he's more interested in what's underneath the clothes it's all about priorities
>>
>>9677813
>If she liked crap music or movies it'd probably be different

Yep, you're absolutely right. What you consider to be a dealbreaker could be different from mine.

>>9677811
- >>9677820
>>
>>9677802
That's really neat; I never noticed that :)

Play stuff is really really soft, you def should get that shirt
>>
>>9677820
Yeah but if I say a girls shorts are cool, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in her ass. It means I looked at her ass and noticed her shorts were cool. See my logic here?
>>
>>9677837
I don't need convincing to buy that shirt. :) I'm just between jobs so I don't want to spend money until I have my next job secured.
>>
>>9677810
yeah but like she's a 17 year old
i expect her to be obnoxious lmao
>>
>>9677838
Yeah, it makes sense. Most people don't "get" fashion, just like there are a lot of other things you don't care about. You should just keep that in mind unless you're talking to someone you know appreciates clothes.
>>
File: eternal jimmies.png (411KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
eternal jimmies.png
411KB, 500x402px
>>9677832
>>9677832
look at you not addressing the crit like a true moron

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join them right?!
>>
>>9677848
Huh? Please explain
>>
>>9677842
Haha yeah i feel you
>>
>>9677845

I remember when I was 17. if i behaved as she does, I should have been confronted about it.

How can one be a enabler without feeling like a total douche yourself?
>>
>>9677376
It was played out almost as soon as it was released.

whilst I love the CdG constantly reinvents itself to remain relevant I honestly think Play sucked.

Because CdG's "branding" was based upon their design which were recognisable to the trained eye but with Play it moved to "branding" that was about logo... like every other half assed attempt at street wear out there.

Overall though, I don't think it was detrimental to the whole CdG umbrella because that legacy is almost untouchable even though you see almost every second teen in Shanghai wearing the logo (probably fake).
>>
>>9677635
At retail it is, which is what most people in the real world buy

not knocking you unless you buy dirty rak rags, cause CdG is actually really plentiful on the secondhand market for cool pieces
>>
Ok here is the punishment for reeee's arrogance. She must get off her high horse, and suck it's cock.
>>
>>9677845
>>9677860
What makes you think I'm 17 or obnoxious???
>>
>>9677853
>>9677810
>>9677766
>>
File: nmsofuomzw8qeqy4x9t4.jpg (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nmsofuomzw8qeqy4x9t4.jpg
57KB, 300x300px
>>9677867
>it's
>it's
>it's
>>
>>9677872
Dats what he said feller
>>
>>9677869
ok maybe you're 18 now
regardless
you make up like 15% of this boards volume in posts
its pretty obnoxious tbh
>>
>>9677808
come hang out with me obviously : ^ )
>>
>>9677898
thirst
>>
>>9677900
hehe
>>
>>9677906
hehe if you weren't living in scarborough
>>
>>9677859
Fuck you reeee I'm actually ordering one now. :P Should I size up? I normally wear a large for shirts.
>>
>>9677918
Yes, it's japanese sized so you should go size up one, and it still fits noticeably slim then

If you're normally a large, then get xlarge

Trust me
>>
>>9677404
>>9677605

PLAY is NOT a diffusion line in the pure sense of the term

It's a legitimate line of its own, with a different purpose, as is tricot, GANRYU, and Homme.

Although Homme could be seen as "diffusion" Junya MAN, and BLACK most definitely can be seen as diffusion CdG Mainline / Homme Plus staples.

A diffusion line attemps to offer a watered down version of the mainline for a more affordable price, and PLAY tricot GANRYU are distinct brands of their own.
>>
>>9677927
Okay thanks. Super excited! Just ordered
>>
>>9677907
>>9677907
Actually live in sauga, snails is in scar town bby
>>
>>9677862

Personally CdG is the LAST brand I would point fingers at for "selling out".

Not that they haven't, but if you look at the countless number of collaborations and business / marketing practices and models the company has put forth during its existence, you can understand that this "selling out" is a smart part of CdG's business operations. I don't think CdG has ever been a brand that put themselves forward as this high fashion deity with untouchable integrity and honor, they've always just been about not imposing rules on themselves and going about doing whatever makes them alot of money while managing to put a creative or fun spin on it
>>
>>9677937
you guys all live in the middle of nowhere

what do you even do out there? besides staying at home

legitimately curious cuz i don't know anybody who lives that far out
>>
>>9677947
I wonder this too. I live in the suburbs which are boring as hell but I can just drive into the city and do cool stuff there.
>>
>>9677928

yeah yeah yeah it's not technically a pure diffusion line stiil, it's not very good when you compare it to the rest of cdg's lines

>>9677947
drugs/drink/go downtown as much as possible
>>
>>9677952
yea exactly

i don't live downtown anymore, but i can just take the subway there anytime to meet friends there

kinda off topic but i get really quiet (social anxiety??) when i talk to people from my school, and i'm close to like nobody. all we do is watch netflix and order pizza sometimes, but i don't consider them actual friends at all

but my friends (don't know if you can even call them that, because i see them like once a month) who go to different schools, i'm completely fine with and i actually enjoy spending time with them

what's wrong with me :((
>>
>>9677971
called being a teenager
by grade 11 i didn;t have any friends who actually went to the same highschool as me
>>
>>9677971
I don't know, I'm like that too. Friends are weird.
>>
>>9677971
if you are girl (which I assume from this thread) then the issue is that you spend time on 4chan. I have never met a normal girl who spends that much time on the computer other than watching tv or shopping. maybe you should talk with people irl
>>
>>9677976
>>9677977
tbh, it's just me who's weird, if everyone else can make friends and i barely can

another thing i notice is i'm actually outgoing and confident-ish on some days, and i actually notice people talking to me differently

but on some days like today, i just feel like shit and feel really awkward talking to anyone, even people i talk to all the time. it's like my brain moves a second slower than usual when people say stuff to me

idk, fml
>>
>>9677991
there is a thing known as adolescent depression
could be that
idk
>>
>>9677983
>maybe you should talk with people irl
yes, you're 100% right
and i actually LOVE talking to people; it's the best thing in the world

i just really suck at it sometimes (a lot of the time)
while everyone else is "in the mood" all the time

and i'm 99% sure i'm normal, so it's not like autism or anything
>>
>>9678003
Could just be mild depression. If you have health insurance go to the doctor and they'll prescribe you some anti-depressant.
>>
>>9677999
>adolescent depression

>Sadness or hopelessness
>Lack of enthusiasm and motivation
>Difficulty concentrating
>Withdrawal from friends and family

yep

the only thing i don't fit in is
>Thoughts of death or suicide

because i've never even considered it, and i'm pretty satisfied with life tbh, but all that other negativity stuff is like how i'm feeling right now...

i'll read up on it, thanks man :*)
nice trips btw
>>
>>9678003
the problem is that technology rewires your brain and can be addictive. If you spend too much time here it can be detrimental to your social/mental health. Just my opinion.

Everyone feels down or less social at times, you just need to get comfortable getting through those situations. The key is to spend more time in real life social interaction.
>>
>>9677977
What kind of friendship is even worth sustaining if you don't see or talk to each other on a regular basis? All my friendships have been with ppl who were as clingy as I am so we would pester eachother all the fucking time. Every day for hours, at least. And ppl that tend to tolerate the kind of a relationship where you're constantly in touch start absorbing your personality and you theirs which just reinforces the bond. Iunno. If all parties are benefiting from it it's pretty sweet.
>>
"Teen depression can lead to drug and alcohol abuse, self-loathing and self-mutilation, pregnancy, violence, and even suicide."

no, i haven't even thought about any of these at all

>>9678012
you make some very good points. i definitely should spend less time on the internet. and yeah, i've noticed that doing social things has made me better over time (eg compared to how i was last year)
>>
>>9678022
Yeah you're just very insecure and mildly depressed, which is typical of internet addicts.

Stop being such an idiot first, though.
>>
>>9678013
>All my friendships have been with ppl who were as clingy as I am so we would pester eachother all the fucking time.

I guess here, I have one best friend (like the closest friend I've ever had, and she's said the same thing to me)

But I honestly don't feel any "closeness" anymore compared to when we first met. I actually haven't seen her since March break (few weeks ago) and we used to hang out like every day up until last month. And I haven't even messaged her or anything during that time, IDK what's wrong with me

>What kind of friendship is even worth sustaining if you don't see or talk to each other on a regular basis?

Not sure if they count as friends then, or just people I just enjoy spending time with.

All I talk about with my friends at school (well my best friend's friends) talk about is stupid basic stuff like how warm the weather is, who's dating who, what universities people got accepted to etc. and none of it interests me at all. But they all get along with each other great, so I think the problem is myself.

But with the other guys (who go to different schools), when we meet, I actually feel like they care about what they have to say, and I feel the same way to them.

I know this sounds stupid and I'm probably stupid :/
>>
>>9678034
I'm completely and legitimately sorry for being an idiot, honestly
>>
>>9678034
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/addiction/internet-and-computer-addiction.htm

i've been reading and i think you're actually really right

thanks man, you and versace are great (y)
>>
>>9677942
I don't think mif said they sold out.
>>
>>9677474
I never liked Supreme but you could wear anything decent by them and most people would think highly of you. I think they still have a year or two left as a brand to be considered alright by both the fashion/streetwear crowd as well as the crowd of high schoolers who don't know the difference between Bape and Obey.

I have a few polo hats I wear occasionally and have been stopped a few times, one time in a grocery store walking by a mob of black dudes and one of them mutters softly to the others "da pulu hat".
>>
>>9678102
haha yeah

i get what you're saying

and it feels good to have people compliment your clothes :))
>>
>>9677796
nah the stripes are great. it's the polka dot design that's obnoxious

anyways i need to sleep

btw i won something on ebay and the seller wants me to pay directly with paypal - is this fishy?
>>
>>9678087

>but with Play it moved to "branding" that was about logo... like every other half assed attempt at street wear out there.

And they didn't even make a conscious "move to branding", it was a collaboration that just happened to take off and became really successful
>>
W2C cheapest cdg x converse high tops?
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.