[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STATE OF THE BOARD ADDRESS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 18

File: future leaders.jpg (185KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
future leaders.jpg
185KB, 1024x683px
I just wanted to talk a little on something that's been bugging me about /fa/. I know some of you will get upset with me and tell me to leave if I don't like it here, but I'm just trying to get you guys to reflect a little on your own motivations for what you guys call "fashion." I've been here a lot longer than most of you have so I have some kind of authority here.

/fa/ has truly become an embarrassing place to visit. it ought to just become a general board for insecure teenage boys. It's one of the meanest, most spiteful places on the internet, full of people hating on everyone else and giving advice on things they are in no way qualified to give advice on

you talk about how fashion is about self-expression, but most of you guys are either trend hopping dick riders or else you need your hand held by /fa/ through every tiny little purchase you make

you guys talk about how you don't dress for girls, yet so many of you complain about tfwnogf and about how girls don't appreciate your "patrician" fashion sense

and some of the few WAYWT fits that get praise are just...how do i saw...godawful. the /fa/ hivemind has degenerated into retardation. you guys think rolling up your pants instantly makes a fit better...well let me tell you it doesn't

anyways, sorry for the personal blog. you guys just need to be shaken out of your rocker a little bit. get some real world experience. take a break from 4chan/tumblr/etc. for a while. get out there and talk to and hang out with regular people. stop being so insecure about what you look like. learn how to develop confidence through your personality, not through how much you spend on threads

sincerely,
a person probably older, more knowledgeable, and more experienced than you are
>>
>>9646420
Welcome to the fashion board of 4chan.org. It's a miracle we even talk about clothes here at all, what more did you expect?
>>
What internet fashion community would you suggest o wise oldfag
>>
File: randy_quaid.jpg (21KB, 268x400px) Image search: [Google]
randy_quaid.jpg
21KB, 268x400px
>>9646462
is an internet fashion community really something you need in your life? why not get out into the real world? make friends, observe your local surroundings. find new activities and hobbies for yourself

forget your chinese cartoons for a day
>>
>>9646475
>is an internet fashion community really something you need in your life?
Yeah
>>
File: unclebuck.jpg (218KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
unclebuck.jpg
218KB, 728x409px
>>9646477
why?
>>
>>9646487
its fun? everything u do in life doesn't need to have a "point". if you deconstruct everything you do, anything beyond sleeping, eating gruel and subsisting is pointless
don't be such a downer dude
>>
File: dan-aykroyd-driving6.jpg (52KB, 482x286px) Image search: [Google]
dan-aykroyd-driving6.jpg
52KB, 482x286px
>>9646499
fun is the only decent reason to come here

but a lot of people come here to actually get advice
>>
>>9646505
I like all these 80s movies ur posting

randy quaid was goat in xmas vacation
>>
File: chevy chase.jpg (394KB, 1089x720px) Image search: [Google]
chevy chase.jpg
394KB, 1089x720px
>>9646518
no problem my friend
>>
File: 1366992608242.jpg (49KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1366992608242.jpg
49KB, 403x403px
>>9646749
>that cap
>>
File: bear down.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bear down.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>9646755
>mfw da bears win da superb owl
>>
If you actually bothered to check half the threads on here, you'll see plenty of people answering other anons questions and giving advice.

Keep lurking.
>>
File: kanye west.jpg (185KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
kanye west.jpg
185KB, 500x400px
>>9646955
yes but the advice is all total shit
>>
>taking an internet board about fermentation of bread seriously
>>
File: 2040turn.jpg (114KB, 1043x770px) Image search: [Google]
2040turn.jpg
114KB, 1043x770px
unsolicited /fa/ fix-em-ups by babey e:

>everyone post face in waywt

>everyone acknowledge that 4chan is not the place to find proper advice from qualified individuals, rather the opinions of a specified peer group

>everyone try to LOVE more.

all the best threads/posts/experiences i've had on /fa/ have happened when people approached each other with a universal LOVE, the love for a fellow human who is in the same weird position of browsing the 4chan fashion board. we aren't unified by trends or goths or ninjas, we aren't unified by memeshoes or memebrands or price tags, we are unified by our experience.

it's our experience of fashion and style that drives us to the board. something about it entices us to know more, to dress well, to conquer it, or to revel in the beauty of it. but something negative about the fashion world also pushes us to /fa/. the absurdity of the marketplace and the discourse, so focused on brands and approval from others, that it just seems ridiculous. so we seek out a space where fashion is brought down a few pegs, where we can discuss it from a removed perspective. still aware, but conceding the notion of a fashionable discourse or inner circle. it's all here, any fuckwad from scarborough can lurk and, with enough precision, begin to dress well, understand style. it's subversive, a sort of "pirate" fashion community, illegitimate and ramshackle. but i love it. i love ALL OF YOU. please LOVE US ALL BACK.
>>
ah, the obligatory "fa is shit and we need to improve it" thread

just have fun guys
people go on 4chan to have fun
>>
File: mfw.gif (161KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
161KB, 450x338px
>>9647045
>>
>>9647049
Yeah but just outright insulting everyone for little reason isn't fun at all.

Not saying /fa/ should turn into a place like Reddit, but just being a bit more nice and helpful sometimes could better this board.
>>
>a thread about tripfags is stickied instead of this
APRIL FOOL'S DAY IS OVER MODS
IT WAS NEVER FUNNY
>>
>>9647045
Love you too baby
>>
>>9646984
that's /ck/
>>
>>9647045
on reddit they post their faces because they are less insecure than /fa/

plus /fa/ is a lot younger than mfa and half the board is pizza faces
>>
File: image.jpg (921KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
921KB, 3264x2448px
The secret to board success can be broken up into a 6 Step Process

Gather intelligence
Acquire new clothes
Notice new designers
Gain professional excited experience
Listen to our peers
Yearn for more

The G.A.N.G.L.Y process is the only way we can save our board.
>>
Agree on the being mean needlessly thing
People shit on each other constantly here, for no real reason.
You don't have to attack someone over their choice in clothes, you can tell them you don't like their fit or item of clothing without, and hopefully provide a reason why
>>
>>9647045
i luv u 2 bb e <3
>>
>>9647546
personally i wouldn't post my face because i wouldn't want anyone i know irl to find out i browse 4chan
>>
File: 1390315378549.jpg (24KB, 505x367px) Image search: [Google]
1390315378549.jpg
24KB, 505x367px
>It's one of the meanest, most spiteful places on the internet, full of people hating on everyone else

And?

>giving advice on things they are in no way qualified to give advice on

You're actually correct in this

>you talk about how fashion is about self-expression, but most of you guys are either trend hopping dick riders or else you need your hand held by /fa/ through every tiny little purchase you make

Being a Dick Hopping trend rider is the literal definition of "Fashion"

>you guys talk about how you don't dress for girls, yet so many of you complain about tfwnogf and about how girls don't appreciate your "patrician" fashion sense

Fashion is srs business :^)

>and some of the few WAYWT fits that get praise are just...how do i saw...godawful.

Because you don't like them?

>sincerely,
a person probably older, more knowledgeable, and more experienced than you are

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9647596
>Because you don't like them?
No, because they're objectively bad. Also, he probably is older, more knowledgeable and more experienced than you are. You writing out 557 "HA" doesn't exactly exude maturity.
>>
>>9646420
>/fa/ has truly become an embarrassing place to visit. it ought to just become a general board for insecure teenage boys. It's one of the meanest, most spiteful places on the internet, full of people hating on everyone else and giving advice on things they are in no way qualified to give advice on
So is all of 4chan. Granted, /fa/ is a board where you'd expect it to be more based around self improvement.

>you talk about how fashion is about self-expression, but most of you guys are either trend hopping dick riders or else you need your hand held by /fa/ through every tiny little purchase you make
Agreed. I hate trend hopping.

>you guys talk about how you don't dress for girls
Different groups entirely. People like /fa/scist, koishi and trunks arent dressing for girls, they're examples of trips who dress for themselves.
>yet so many of you complain about tfwnogf
>about how girls don't appreciate your "patrician" fashion sense
these people should probably be on MFA, but really 'tfwnogf' sort of extends throughout 4chan

>some of the few WAYWT fits that get praise are just...how do i saw...godawful
I agree to an extent

>well let me tell you it doesn't
Being here longer than most people doesn't make you better than most people
>>
>>9647567
fuck ur autist onani shit
>>
>>9647596
A LOT of those fits in WAYWT threads are absolutely horrible.

And a lot of people in the "WHAT DO ABOUT MY HAIR:(" threads are horrendously hideous and have horrible facial aesthetics. This board is cancer. It's rare that theres ever a good or helpful thread.
>>
>>9647621
>Different groups entirely. People like /fa/scist, koishi and trunks arent dressing for girls, they're examples of trips who dress for themselves.
fascist is gay, trunks is bisexual (and also a world famous male model), and koishi is a basement dwelling NEET virgin lesbian

not very good examples
>>
>>9647647
Let's not forget pigcuck who is literally autistic.
>>
>>9646420
Actually, with my help, I think this board is getting a lot fucking better. You're welcome.
>>
It's just a shopping guide

It shouldn't have any affect on your real life m8

Disconnect for a bit you seem disproportionatly angry
>>
I love how it's always namefags and tripfags who bring up these awful suggestions about how to make /fa/ better.

Can you please just fuck off back to mfa?
>>
File: 1365940113387.jpg (327KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1365940113387.jpg
327KB, 1095x1195px
>taking a subsection of an anonymous anime image board this seriously
>>
File: 857.jpg (30KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
857.jpg
30KB, 563x542px
>>9646420
angry dadcore wearing faggot detected
>>
>>9648208
i dont wear dadcore, but i have been liquidating my goth nigga shit that flyover teenage boys seem to be snatching up quite quickly
>>
>>9648208
dumb frogposter detected
>>
>>9646420
Usually don't read "state of the board" bullshit, because it doesn't lead to anything, but I agree with you OP. /fa/ is a godawful place frequented by 18yo with no budget. I only come here for the occasional thread of a likeminded person, to find some inspo.

SZ seems to be an okay place, but I really am not into gothninja. And I'm also not into dadcore. I like streetwear/high fashion. I wish there was a better place for people like me to discuss fashion.
>>
>>9647662
and who the fuck are you?

>>9647934
what's that mean? /fa/ is a shopping guide? pretty shitty one if it is
>>
>>9648651
sz is shit tbh and I think it's gonna be even more shit soon since it seems lots of posters are leaving

faust just got his head too far up his own ass from what I heard
>>
File: 333.jpg (212KB, 333x452px) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
212KB, 333x452px
>>9646420

Just wanted to tell you that you're a fucking pathetic old piece of shit that posts on a message board for children. Drop fucking dead, you obviously ugly toddlerfucking loser
>>
+1 Old people

We're taking 4chan back from you kids! Fuck you!
>>
>>9646505
>>9646749
>>9646974
damn im liking these fits
>>
you thought this subject was worthy of a thread?

you fucking dip
>>
the board is toxic to itself
people who realize this prob just browse silently
the people who don't are part of the problem
when yall figure out that shitposting and "board culture" is corny, thats when it'll get better
>>
all this board is good for nowadays is to watch insecure teenagers ask other anonymous insecure teenagers what clothes they want them to wear
>>
>It's one of the meanest, most spiteful places on the internet, full of people hating on everyone else

>some of the few WAYWT fits that get praise are just...how do i saw...godawful

What the fuck? If you're going to be a little bitch about people "being mean" then don't turn around and do exactly what you just complained about. Holy shit, am I getting baited or are you a weeping pussy because /fa/ isn't your personal hugbox? Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>9646420
the more and more i look at these pictures the more I think that the dyke on the left has the best fit and is the most normal looking out of the whole bunch. the rest of the boys look absolutely dreadful, compensating with their clothes for their lack of personality. no wonder the dyke is keeping her distance
>>
>>9649393
gee bro you sound tough
>>
>>9649408
>He used swears!
Grow up. There's an Obey thread on the front page if you want to pal around with faggots.
>>
>>9649368
this.
>>
File: chevy.jpg (91KB, 648x316px)
chevy.jpg
91KB, 648x316px
>>9649266
and you're literally the worst trip I've seen in years
>>
That's just kind of the way things go on 4chan.
I'd say this is one of the better boards in terms of staying on topic and not being terrible people.

It could be better, but that's just very unlikely.
>>
>>9649424
look bruh, it's not 2006 anymore and there's no need to still be an insufferable cunt on 4chan. i think a large problem with this website is that it antagonizes acting like a decent person because, for some reason, people associate that with tumblr politics but OP (who is a bit misguided) is right in the fact that theres unreasonable and unnecessary aggression around here. sure, it seems harmless but it also perpetuates every reason why this board will never improve. quit trying to justify it with m-m-muh board culture and grow up; you're on a fucking cambodian moku-hanga image website.
>>
>>9646420
who is the most ridiculous looking in this picture? my vote goes to second on the right
>>
>>9646420
Too many people here with personality disorders. I'm okay with jokes and calling a bad fit bad but all some of the people here do is try to make people feel bad about themselves. These people never post fits so I wouldn't really consider them part of the community. We need to get rid of these people and I think this place would be much better
>>
File: 1425647377581.jpg (31KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
1425647377581.jpg
31KB, 720x718px
>I've been here a lot longer than most of you have so I have some kind of authority here.
>but most of you guys are either trend hopping dick riders
>anyways, sorry for the personal blog. you guys just need to be shaken out of your rocker a little bit

wow i couldn't actually sit there and type this shit up personally but way to go champ holy shit
>>
>>9649393
Learn the difference between hard (constructive) critique and being an asshole. OP is talking about the former. WAYWT is godawful, and that's damn right. Every fucking angsty teen posts his cheap shit fit for attention. Why would you even give honest critique when the threads are flooded with shitty posts?

I remember what /fa/ was like back in 2011. People used to have respect for fashion brands, WAYWT was full of designer fits. Today it's full of fake and cheap shit.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.