[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your take on Kanye's line?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

What's your take on Kanye's line?
>>
>Homelesscore

I see what hes going for, but this shit looks fucking dumb.
>>
>>9605407
decent post-hobocore
>>
It's a joke. You've all been trolled.
>>
>>9605407
we had this thread several times

the unanimous decision is:

kanye is hack
overpriced basics
>>
>>9605407
the hip ratio on that chick in the back is delicious
>>
OP here. I think the idea is great, some of the products are pretty good (I like that sweater), but alot of it is a strange. But hey, gotta shake things up every now and then.
>>
g star raw circa 5 years ago x hobo core
>>
>>9605416
Kanye actually has said he wants to reduce the price on all of his shit, but it's the companies that are pricing his stuff now. He's never priced anything.
>>
>>9605418
>some of the products are pretty good (I like that sweater)

Your opinions are now completely invalid.
>>
>>9605431
>stop liking what i dont
>>
Anyone got the link to the PDF-version?
>>
How much does his stuff cost?
>>
File: mugatu.jpg (19KB, 720x368px) Image search: [Google]
mugatu.jpg
19KB, 720x368px
>>9605407
YOU MUST KILL THE PRIME MINISTER OF MALAYSIA
>>
>>9605428
Can't believe anyone actually think Kanye(the main designer and the reason anyone gives a shit about this garbage anyways) has zero say in how all this is priced.

If he really wanted to do so he couldve made certain that his line or at least parts of it was priced to what most would consider a reasonable price for his derivative garbage

>>9605467
More expensive or at least on par with most designer items.
>>
>>9605407
Not sure why he even bothered to include the women, what a fucking joke.
>>
overpriced hobocore
>>
>>9605442
>>9605431
>>9605418

isn't that sweater a ripoff of a cav empt one from a couple years ago?
>>
>>9605467
more than most rick
>>
>>9605600
this has to be bait
>>
>>9605606
;^)
>>
>First APC Collab
Kanye literally just ripped off other designers and didn't put even the most remote bit of his own designs into a collection

>This collection
It's all kind of his own shit, but it's like "Kanye, we're not impressed you can rub holes into a basic sweatshirt". Kanye is one of the few people I would seriously consider assassinating if I saw him in public.
>>
I like Kanye's music occassionally but his clothing and shit is overhyped. I don't like it personally, but I suppose hypebeasts with money to blow will cop. The massive pricetag he puts on his stuff isn't really justified right now, and risky as well as I think most Kanye fans aren't people who can blow so much money on one piece or simply don't want to. He's asking prices comparable to highly-regarded and historic fashion houses for what is essentially still adidas clothing with his name slapped on it.
>>
>>9605630
>It's all kind of his own shit
That's not even the case.
Just check
>Margiela
>Helmut Lang
>Nike roshe runs
>...
>>
I don't care for this line but damn, this blonde with crazy hips is so hot
>>
>>9605623
>I was only pretending to be retarded
drop trip newfag
>>
>>9605654
the only good thing about it all, amina blue in case you didn't know
>>
Stay in musik baby boy
>>
>>9605677
many thanks
>>
>>9605412

I guess. It's based on the 2011 riots in London, so there's some crossover between the utilitarian and worn-out ideas.

>>9605416
>>9605428

I'm still pretty on the fence, but you can only take what he says in a public interview at face value. Both he and Adidas don't want this to bought or distributed like something else in the existing fashion portfolio (e.g. Stella McCartney, Y-3), so the only option is to price up from that. Add in the fact that everything is made in either Belgium or Italy and it's pretty impossible to price it any lower, especially given the relatively small production runs.
>>
>>9605600
>>9605674

to be fair, cav empt did do a distressed sweater in a similar colour for spring summer 2014
>>
>>9605562
You clearly know nothing about merchandising and product development. The only pricing Kanye is at fault for is production costs. Kanye chose the fabrics, and presumably, the factories. Adidas is definitely marking it up hundreds, if not thousands, of percents at the retail price. Kanye does not choose the retail price.
>>
>>9605726
I live in London and all I saw in the riots were people dressed in black smashing windows, including me.
>>
>>9605773

Just the starting point. It gets the most explicit in the commando sweaters and bulletproof vests, but it's pretty different when it's not shown like it was and when it's just clothes on a rack. They enforced a strict no photos policy, so pretty much no images outside of the lookbook will be released until the collection drops.
>>
>>9605787
lol fuck off you pretentious cunt.
>>
>>9605407
The pieces look okay, but the collection lacks a lot of originality.
>>
File: 6ibfOTE.gif (973KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
6ibfOTE.gif
973KB, 500x240px
WHO THE FUCK IS THE GIRL WITH THE PLATINUM HAIR TO THE LEFT?

HER PROPORTIONS...!!!
>>
>>9605917
amina blue
>>
>>9605759
I'm well aware that Kanye isn't solely responsible for the pricing, and that the company plays a large part, but the comment implying that he doesn't have anything to do with the pricing is just so dumb.
>>
>>9605942
thank you so much.
>>
>>9605988

I've been under the impression they're going to release the Made in Italy line at the insane price point, and eventually make the same stuff at their traditional factories for a "reasonable" price. It seems genius to some extent. Offer the designer tier for people that can afford it, keep the plebs out, then open the feeding troughs with the cheaper line and offer the pent up masses what they want. It could start a new method in clothing.
>>
>>9605917
>>9605942
>>9606091
that was the first thing that caught my eye
those fucking hips
goodness
>>
>>9606125
>amina blue

Would wife don't care if she a hoe
>>
>>9606125
indeed. what gets my attention is how tiny her waist and chests seems in comparison. I am now fully erect.

other images of her doesn't seem to be as good, though.
>>
>>9606105

There was no such discussion in the showroom. The shoes and tees will be the entry price points for most people, but the collection was shown as is with all the apparel consolidated into a single delivery.
>>
>>9605988
aside from the production cost, he doesn't
that being said, from his interviews, it does seem as though choosing the price point was a guarantee in his contract
>>
It's a rip-off from designers 5-10 years ago. Kanye is a hack, just a very popular one.
>>
File: B91gjRsCEAEqXrM.jpg (18KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
B91gjRsCEAEqXrM.jpg
18KB, 400x534px
>>9606125
The ass is fucking unreal
>>
>>9606394
did not expect that fucking massive ass when I first saw her from the front
>>
>>9606394
dem silicone shots, impossible to have dat ass with those legs, squats hit a lot of muscles
>>
>>9606405
could just be genetics.

the outskirts of standard distribution
>>
>>9606449
but its most likely the other
>>
>>9606466
Nah, why would she get those ass implants and not breast implants?
>>
>>9606616
Because ass implants are the hot shit right now
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.