[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a science to designing t-shirts with abstract graphics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Is there a science to designing t-shirts with abstract graphics?
>>
>>9602296

No science beyond the things about balance, color, proportion that you'd think about in standard graphic design. The only complication is that you have to remember that the placement graphic will be on a body and often worn with other things, so that might be a factor in how you design a graphic, too.
>>
>>9602334
How important is branding if t-shirt, graphic and print quality are all good?
>>
>>9602423
In today's age you can exploit social media in a great way to help your brand, depends on what kind of audience you want or if you want to be elusive.
>>
>>9602426
Do you know anything about designing? Are you in the industry? Are you a reliable source for OP?
>>
>>9602296

Yes, the science is to use your off hand when you design instead of your main hand. Keep it a secret though.
>>
>>9602423

Different brands approach branding in different ways. Take three extremely different case studies.

Givenchy has developed a very recognizable design signature with large-scale, sublimation-dye digital prints, often referencing Renaissance and other classical art periods with distinctive additions/edits like the Bambi-collage prints. They don't really need to brand their products because the nature and quality of the print makes it obvious who made it.

Streetwear-oriented brands that sit at a much lower price point don't necessarily have that sort of pull and influence in the larger marketplace given that they face a much larger pool of competitors at the same price point, so explicit branding may be necessary to protect their product as well as to establish a visual identity that customers can easily pick out. Add in the fact that you can trademark a logo, but that you can't copyright a general design and it becomes more important for a smaller, less exclusive brand to maintain consistent branding to differentiate their products.

Then you have people who kind of do it their own way and CdG PLAY is a good example. The branding has become synonymous with the brand, but they play with the branding itself, distorting it, repeating it, changing it, moving it, etc. so that even though their branding is maintained throughout in some ways, it's also tweaked in others so that there is a broader design vocabulary.

There's no right or wrong way to do it, only the smart way that makes sense for any given business.
>>
>>9602461
Are you doing this in school?
>>
>>9602470

No, I'm at my store taking a break from writing copy.
>>
>>9602470
he's not, but I am. kinda.
i go to school for product development/management.
>>
>>9602461
OP here, will you be my mentor?
>>
>>9602296

>abstract graphics

That's not just a graphic, that's branding.
>>
>>9602440
I have experience with marketing a few start up brands on instagram for my friends
>>
>>9602479
You have a store?
>>
>>9602470
>>9602502
>>9602538

/fa/cist works in fashion as a buyer
one of the few people here who really knows his shit
>>
>>9602547
also he can't pronounce balmain ;^)
>>
>>9602547
this board is finally gettin better again
>>
>>9602461
pls post all and any info you know about anything and everything
>>
>>9602556
eh, he rarely shows his face around here these days but, when it does he's really helpful
>>
>>9602575
Any is better than none, and he always seems to give high quality and objective advice.
>>
>>9602551
doesh e say it with a long a?
>>
File: Prob_alfe_174x52.png (13KB, 174x252px) Image search: [Google]
Prob_alfe_174x52.png
13KB, 174x252px
The CDG Play logo looks like this
>>
>>9602461
holy fuck, a trip that isn't a fucking joke
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.