[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is/was a retail slave? Just quit zara fuck them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Yorkdale_Mall.jpg (878KB, 1305x979px) Image search: [Google]
Yorkdale_Mall.jpg
878KB, 1305x979px
Who else is/was a retail slave? Just quit zara fuck them
>>
yo fuck yorkdale
>>
It's minimum wage what else you gon do
>>
>>9590602
I want to be a retail slave and make 20 an hour. Fuck I need to move out and save money for my autistic life. How the fuck do I get hired at these places? I have a year of sales experience but no former retail experience.
>>
>being pressured to get part time job so i can make sick cops
>social anxiety
>dont want to work in a retail environment where i have to deal with fucking normals

what do i do / whats a reason i could use to get out of having to work retail
>>
i was offered a job at a Saint Laurent by my ex's friend's rec and I turned it down because SLP is gay as fuck, I decided to work at a bubble tea cafe instead

SLP <<<<<<<POWER GAP<<<<<< Bubble tea
>>
>>9590744
b-but their food court.

>>9590921
>20 an hour

I've got some bad news...

anyway, what stores did you have in mind? the only really difficult retail store to get hired at is probably Apple, clothing stores are pretty easy.
>>
>>9590996
high end commission driven stores are the absolute worst. not worth the stress & wrinkles
>>
>go to yorkdale
>ugly korean girls and korean hypebeasts everywhere
>leave yorkdale
>>
I also worked for ZARA and it was terrible. The store I trained at wasn't that bad, but when our new location was built and I was sent there shit hit the fucking fan. They have really weird policies. Working at h&m was much better but I quit them for ZARA oops. Have an interview with American Apparel tomorrow...we'll see how that goes

>>9591027
I always see rich tacky Chinese FOBS when I go there. Still think it's one of the better malls tho, haven't been to Eatons Centre in ages but...if you're downtown why would you go to a mall
>>
>>9590996

w o r d
>>
Currently working at Urban Outfitters. Pretty nice environment tbh. My schedule is mainly set up so I work closing shifts everyday, so I rarely have to interact with customers, and that late into the day it's usually just old folks trying to buy their hipster kids a gift
>>
>>9590996
ayyyy
>>
>>9590602
Yorkdale is fucking giant. And it just keeps getting bigger.

Every time I visit my relatives in Toronto we go there and there's like 20 billion asians fighting in Zara
>>
File: 1423257165610.jpg (138KB, 1000x786px) Image search: [Google]
1423257165610.jpg
138KB, 1000x786px
tfw uniqlo slave
but from what i have heard it's not nearly as bad as other retail stores
>>
>>9592792
what's yer discount?
>>
>>9592876
30%, better then every promo
>>
>>9590602
I work at Hollister

It's my first actual job

Ayyy
>>
>>9591053
Uhhhh ok go to American Apparel if you want a retail job. I don't see how it's possible to get rejected unless you're a highschooler with 0 experience or look inbred. The entire process was too casual I almost feel like it wasn't real

>go to open call last Friday. Talk to the girl holding it for about 5 minutes.
>generic questions: describe your style, what do you know about the company, past experience. etc. Get told that if the location I wanna work at is interested I'll get a call next week
>store calls me yesterday, came in today. talked with the store manager and assist-manager for literally 2 minutes.
>basically they just asked for my availability and responsibilities. hired on the spot
>>
>>9593136
***responsibilities at past retailers
>>
Brooks Brothers here, $15/hr plus commission.
>>
working retail is like sucking dick without all the cash
>>
Used to work @ Vans. Was pretty chill until the corporate policies turned (even more) idiotic and the quality of products somehow got even worse while the prices increased.

Realised they needed me more than I needed them. Quit and got a job doing something I love and relevent after I graduated.
>>
>>9591631
used to work at urban too, that shit wasn't too bad.
>>
>>9593182
>relevent
like all those years you spent in an English class mirite
>>
>>9593193
meh, I'm not bothered about proof-reading my posts on 4chan.
>>
File: 1418105747266.jpg (56KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1418105747266.jpg
56KB, 500x332px
>>9593216
was just jockin u buddy you used "than" properly so i figured it was just a slip of ur mind
>>
>>9593182
>Realised they needed me more than I needed them.

I'm sure they managed to replace associate no. 1456 without major hiccups
>>
>>9591006
$15-20 an hour is roughly minimum wage here in Australia. Places I want to work at include Zara, gap, polo Ralph lauren, cotton on, etc (any clothing brand really). Funnily enough the clothing stores rejected me but Apple gave me an interview, couldn't make it past second stage though.
>>
>>9592887
fuuarrkk I wish there was a uniqlo here, would cop errday if I worked there.
there is a cotton on though, any idea what their discount is?
>>
>>9592944
ayyy

I worked at A&F on and off for like 1 1/2 years. Shitty job, shitty clothes, but I fucked like 5 chicks from there. Can't complain about a place that goes out of it's way to hire stupid attractive people.
>>
>>9593136
did they take your picture?
>>
>>9593265
oh true I always assume everyone here is North American or European. I didn't make it past the second stage @ Apple either

>>9593386
no, I think they stopped doing that a long time ago. I did get sized-up during both "interviews" though
>>
>>9590978
>normals

thank god you're not working
>>
Does the Nordstrom Rack count?
j/k I know it doesn't.
>>
>>9590602
The Art of Shaving employee here. Fuck that store honestly. The worst type of store. But the pay is good for retail and I can't do much else because of school.
>>
>>9591053
Atleast you'll get to have freaky sex orgies with qt employees in the storage room at AA.
>>
>>9591006
is it that easyanon?
idk, I've put in apps at plenty of clothing stores and only got hired once, it way blows.
but I want to work in the back and not with customers anyway
>>
>>9593444
define "sized up"
are you male or female?
>>9592792
uniqlo seems cool as shit though.
>>
>>9593282
What was shitty about it?
>>
>>9590602

>Working at Urban Outfitters
>Always on time, stay late whenever they ask
>Get treated like shit because I wasn't in the clique
>Everyone I was friends with their quit about 3 months after I started
>Worked literally 2 days one of the months I was working there

This is when shit got really bad
>Mom finds out she has cancer, this is probably 4 months after she had a stroke
>Tell them I need less hours so I can spend time with her and help her out. At the time my mom had a walker and could do almost nothing on her own and needed someone to get groceries and just do normal shit for her
>The main manager acts like a pissant about it even though I had a spotless record at the time
>Called off some days because she wanted me around and I wasn't about to say no
>A couple weeks "Anon when can your schedule go back to normal?"
>"I'm not sure I just want to have as much time available for my mom."
>Jerk me around more
>Get fired because I went to see her one day when I was supposed to be "on call" and she was in the hospital again

FUCK URBAN OUTFITTERS. I have more stories if anyone is interested
>>
>>9598417
this is why you should always join a union in shit wage slavery jobs

those fuckers are scared as shit by the idea of an unfair dismissal suit
>>
>>9598417

I work at UO too lol

>smaller store with less staff, get steady 25~ hours a week
>P O S T C H R I S T M A S
>get 4 hours every 2 weeks
>work with the same people all the time
>the same terrible music all the time
>customers are dumb as shit

Could be worse though, at least they let me dress however I want

There's way less of a employee hierarchy @ my location cuz we just opened 4 months ago and everyone is pretty young, around 17-21.
>>
>>9590996

kek'd heartile
>>
>>9598466
Yeah most of the people I worked with had been working there since the store open so they were all pretty close. I think the store has been open for about 8 years I don't remember honestly.
>>
>>9598466

Some of the girls are str8 KUNTS though, just have this bitchy demeanor about them and a hugely inflated sense of their social value and try to be bossy as fuck

I don't take that kind of silliness and don't do favors when they're obviously less of an actual task that needs to be completed and way more of a weird power thing like "Let's see if I can get this guy to follow my orders"

So many ppl @ work seem to think that UO is like the pinnacle of cooldom (?) or something and try very hard to be the "UO" type of person

Can't blame em though we've all been there, work environment just feels like high school
>>
>>9598417
post fit
>>
Fuckin H&M won't hire me
>>
File: dFxc5bb.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dFxc5bb.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>9598512
Exactly. It was weird when I was working there and follow a bunch of them on instagram they just try to live up to the "urban outfitters lifestyle". It's like dude you're like 27/28 working in retail chill the fuck out. You could never pull that shit, imagine a construction worker that goes home and has to arrange his house with orange cones and hard hats and fluorescent signs because that's the aesthetic of his job.
>>
>>9593634
I've never gone into that store but it looks dumb as fuck
>>9593282
>>9592944
To get a job at either of those do I just need to have a nice body? Or do I need to have a better than average face too?
>>
>>9598524
I'm in my pj's bruh
>>
I'm an assistant manager at Kohl's. I want to blow my brains out everyday I walk in there.
>>
>>9598543
I know at Hollister you need to shave your facial hair. At A&F the interviewer didn't say anything about it so I guess it's cool there.
>>
>>9598540
haha i can imagine the kind of people u mean. like they have tapestries and lana del ray albums on their walls. they seem like theyd be annoying af
>>
>>9598544
you dont have any saved friend?
>>
>>9598574
Meh I'm not big on posting pics on here but I'll take one in a sec
>>
File: IMG_2395.jpg (3MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2395.jpg
3MB, 1936x2592px
>>9598574
with jacket
>>
File: IMG_2397.jpg (3MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2397.jpg
3MB, 1936x2592px
>>9598574
without
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.