[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

simpletons react to maison valentino runway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 18

File: tooskinny!!.png (431KB, 1024x608px) Image search: [Google]
tooskinny!!.png
431KB, 1024x608px
new popular zoolander 2 promo at runway video, typical youtubers are exposed to fashion and share opinions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLjyvzMCQaY

>"High fashion" eludes me. Interchangeable eastern european robotic women with pouty faces showing off ugly dresses.

>These girsl look like young, thin boys. Says something about the fashion industry... East european womans are gorgeous if they are well fed. this is just non sense

>lmao right! I mean it won't hurt if some of these designers would have their models smile so they look like they are actually enjoying what they are wearing! Also I never see plus size models anywhere.

>Maybe the clothes they were wearing made them all look ugly or something.

>I would make them much nicer clothes and then people would say things differently. Thy were just being treated like cows, deliberately and going to fast all one after the other.

>Just one black model and she's at the end of the line?

>"tits" . Man those girls are so skinny :(

>Oh yeah, thank you for the FLAT CHEST, dude...

>The real outfits of the models look terrible. These fashion shows are pointless. Why do they attract the attention they get?

>+BayviewFinch it's really sad to me that you think so! That you cannot see that they are clearly underweight, or think they look healthy.

>I'm sorry, but there's more to this world than being really-really good looking.

>I understand clothes design is an art but do people ever wear this crap?

>I'd be afraid to be close to any of those models, because I might break them on accident. They look like they're made of thin, brittle pvc pipes that have been painted flesh tone.

>the hot girls that walk later, look like robots to me dressed in clothing

>Is it just me or have runway models really gotten ugly?

holy shit why does this make me so mad?
>>
>>9554359
>just now realizing 95% of the population is pleb as fuck
>>
What if they're actually right and we just can't see it?
>>
>>9554371
you're retarded if you think any form of art is objective
>>
>I would make them much nicer clothes

kek
>>
File: puredisgust.png (355KB, 852x473px) Image search: [Google]
puredisgust.png
355KB, 852x473px
>>
>going to a fashion show to ogle the models
They're there to present the clothing without any influences like big breasts or thick thighs.
Just go to a high dollar strip club if you want that shit.
>>
you fucking salad, OP

the one mistake you did was reading the comments on YouTube

they are infamous everywhere.

lurk more
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 720x240px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36KB, 720x240px
>>9554389
God damn, this.
>>
>>9554382
Actually it could be nice to see some of the dress on more curvacious model.
Sewing a dress for a ironboard chick is easy mode, managing to make something decent looking and perfectly fitting for a fatty is the real challenge.
>>
>>9554402
Back to mfa
>>
>>9554402
kill yourself fat fuck
>>
It's probably some 15 year olds making these comments, you're just giving them the attention they want
>>
>>9554410
I say that from a seamstress POV.
Of course being super thin is the best if you want to be fa/, as everything but form fitting slut dresses is going to look good on you.
But sometimes you want something a bit more challenging like a cow-titted grill.
>>
>>9554375

Weight isn't art, the way you walk isn't art, the faces you make aren't art... You can be objective about these things, and yes I think some art forms can be "objective" such as literature, not that it matters since I don't think fashion is art to begin with.
>>
>>9554402

>curvacious model

what does this mean?
>>
>>9554432
A chubby girl with tits and a butt and a waist. Like Liv Tyler for example..
>>
File: 1424536296435.jpg (392KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
1424536296435.jpg
392KB, 536x800px
Because skinny girls are hot and homie ain't down with the thickness.
>>
>>9554428
you really have no idea how art works
>>
>>9554442
>not liking both
>>
>>9554455

Brilliant. You're right.

I've been studying this since before your testies dropped, don't bother.
>>
File: MARC4722.jpg (302KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
MARC4722.jpg
302KB, 1366x2048px
>>9554428

>design isn't art

how fucking dense are you jesus christ
>>
>>9554359
They think of fashion as function that incidentally looks good instead of art.
>>
>>9554468
If you actually had been studying it, you'd know why everything you said is retarded.
>>
File: tumblr_m0l38vd3uj1qdsjhwo1_500.jpg (416KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0l38vd3uj1qdsjhwo1_500.jpg
416KB, 500x648px
>>9554469
>design is only art when it's in the form of some abstract geometric shit

how's high school treating ya?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>>9554380
>>
>>9554479
Damn you're dumb
>>
>>9554479
>strawman

I dunno you tell me :)
>>
>Implying all of you aren't arguing like high schoolers
>>
>>9554458
There is only one that you could actually admit to dating without being ashamed.
>>
File: 3.1 Phillip Lim SS15 look 39.jpg (194KB, 451x678px) Image search: [Google]
3.1 Phillip Lim SS15 look 39.jpg
194KB, 451x678px
>>9554479
thats a nice assumption friend
>>
>>9554469

i agree, fashion can be very beautiful and even 'artistic' just as cars, buildings, furniture... but they're primarily utilitarian products, unlike paintings, plays, sculptures... do you think potato chip packages are art? i mean, they were "designed" right?
>>
File: 1419282000191.jpg (396KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1419282000191.jpg
396KB, 700x1050px
>>9554490
>Implying your friends wouldn't high five you for hitting this
>>
>>9554499
who's this semen demon
>>
>>9554478

Oh no, please explain thoroughly.
>>
>>9554498
i think it's a bit ignorant to just say "oh fashion isn't art because it has a mainly ultilatrian purpose"

i think that doesn't do justice to the artists in the field of fashion

to say what the Comme Des Garcons camp is doing isn't art i think does that them great disservice also i don't think all fashion's primary goal or purpose is utilitarian, look at couture or really any runway fashion these aren't exactly practically designed items, they seem to be definitely aimed at aesthetics over function
>>
Plato was right
>>
>>9554499

this is just your average basic bitch college titcow, i would fuck her but i wouldn't take pride in it, unlike dating a real master race fashion model
>>
>>9554359
Will Valentino now become a mainstream pleb tier luxury brand?
>>
>>9554518
Well, what did that fucker said?
>>
>>9554532
"Jet fuel can't melt steel beams"
- Plato
>>
>>9554517

>i think it's a bit ignorant to just say "oh fashion isn't art because it has a mainly ultilatrian purpose"

why?

the fact that something isn't art doesn't mean that it can't be amazingly beautiful, intricate, artistic... it's no disservice

halloween costumes are also aimed at aesthetics over function, do you think they're art?
>>
>>9554359
implying /fa/ isn't made up of these people

have you seen the zara lookbook that is modern day waywt?
>>
>>9554517

Where do you draw the line? What makes couture art but not clothes from Walmart? At the end of the day couture is sold and most of it is meant to be worn as well, it's just more exclusive
>>
>>9554545
costuming absolutely can be art
halloween costumes ehhhh, maybe depends
the mass produced walmart tier crap, probably not

i am biased in terms of costuming as art my grandmother was a professor of costuming and what she did was absolutely without a doubt art
>>
>>9554568

>the mass produced walmart tier crap, probably not

why not? this is like saying music stops being art the moment it becomes popular or appears on mtv
>>
>>9554582
>>9554562
>>9554545

fam u got me thinking

i gotta reevaluate some shit
>>
>>9554582
The music you're talking about is well polished, meanwhile walmart clothes are done out of shitty material with shitty finitions.
>>
>>9554582
>>9554562
>>9554545
>>9554606
lol...the stickmen I draw in class while not paying attention is art now?
>>
File: tumblr_nkkewtx1mZ1s1okg5o1_500.jpg (271KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkkewtx1mZ1s1okg5o1_500.jpg
271KB, 499x750px
>>9554484
>>9554487

>criticize his uninformed a of what constitutes art, infer that he has an rudimentary understanding of art, design, the creative process involved in both. Lel, what a strawman.

>LOL U R STUPAD, HURRDURR

damn kiddies

anyway, i finished brewing my tea so I'm back.
>>
>>9554617
yes, yr actually a genius dadaist lmao
>>
>>9554634
oops
>*criticize his uninformed opinion of what constitutes art, infer that he has an rudimentary understanding of art, design, the creative process involved in both. Lel, what a strawman.
>>
>>9554640
still a hell of an assumption
>>
>>9554635
damn time to drop out and make art history I guess. All those art teachers who said I was crap, they will be sorry... SO sorry
>>
>>9554614

irrelevant
>>
>>9554442
Skinny girls are cute. Curvy girls are hot.

FAT IS NOT CURVY.
>>
>>9554499
>implying i would tell them anyways
i try my best to never brag about myself and dont talk about personal stuff
>>
>>9554522
Where the hell do you live that she is typical?
>>
>>9554649

If you believe you're being misunderstood, defend yourself in a substantial way. don't just keep repeating "that's one hell of an assumption". you're being unnecessarily evasive and it's doing you any favors.
>>
>>9554678

have you ever been to college?
>>
>>9554545
that's false equivalence, my friend.

Fashion has many functions. All occurring within a context.
>>
>>9554689
Most of 4chan is in college, don't be retarded. You're dodging the question.
>>
>>9554678
lol ever been outside?
>>
>>9554694
>Most of 4chan

bullshit
>>
>>9554698
Most of 4chan is male, between the ages of 18 and 24, and works for small wages and/or takes classes. NEETs are slighted for a reason. Moot releases demo data all the time, educate yourself.

>>9554697
If she were the norm, that image wouldn't be as viral as it is. Backtrack it and you'll see it's a consistent repost not only here but practically anywhere on the internet. You're an idiot.
>>
>>9554707
>demo data all the time,

how large is the sample size of people used to determine these statistics?

there's too many unknowns here, I don't feel confident about this.
>>
>>9554568
>>9554545
my high-school art teacher (many years ago) told our class that art has to have a message/statement. obviously walmart crap doesn't have a statement because it is purely functional.

tbh i don't know if i agree with my art teacher's perspective but i wanted to share the point of view
>>
>>9554707

it's a 1000 times more likely to see a girl like that on the street than a girl that looks like a fashion model, i don't even know what your point is anymore
>>
File: 00230fullscreen.jpg (128KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
00230fullscreen.jpg
128KB, 683x1024px
>>9554730
>art has to have a message/statement

I agree, but there's more to it.

McQueen's collections, for example. They're not just intricate, bespoke clothing but they are statements as well.
>>
>>9554730
No, art must have no function other than itself.
>>
>>9554778

what's the statement?
>>
>>9554778
>McQueen's collections, for example. They're intricate, bespoke clothing and statements as well.

i need to reread the shit i 'm writing b4 i post more often
>>
>>9554359

I think by insulting everyone who doesn't join you in drinking the Kool-Ade, you are at least as much of a simpleton as they are.

Pro tip: Haute couture runway is largely a giant in-joke and you aren't in on it.
>>
File: clipper_i_love_weed.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
clipper_i_love_weed.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>9554730
>>9554778

these lighters are statements as well, are they art?
>>
>>9554797
>>9554797
>There were those who found his picture of women with sex-doll lips and sometimes painfully theatrical costumes ugly and misogynistic.

^
From the little summary on style.com

His work is parodying his fashion conscious audience. He's often alluded to the impression he has of fashion industry. He's said that fashion to him is "storytelling" and all about theatrics. He didn't appear to enjoy the pretentious attitudes of his customers.

"You want me to create something edgy and sexy? Perhaps something that those wishing to flaunt their wealth would lust after? Here it is, my interpretation of the modern woman in all her vulgar glory."
>>
>>9554820
the lighters *aren't* a statement, they are a tool. i suppose my teacher oversimplified. i guess going off her line of thinking, art primarily exists for its message, while non-art primarily exists for other reasons. for 'art' that is functional, i would say if the message is more important than the function, then it is truly 'art'. my use of 'message' includes just being beautiful for the sake of beauty.

what is art?????
>>
>>9554873

>for 'art' that is functional, i would say if the message is more important than the function

so you agree then that fashion in general isn't an art form, since 99% of the pieces aren't deep extravagant political statements, they're just normal pretty clothes like this
>>
>>9554947
i don't know, where do you draw the line between form and function? as i said a 'message' can just be beauty, so political statements aren't necessary. i think if the thought put into the form outweighs the thought put into the function then it could be 'art'. of course, you have to draw the line somewhere, and i don't feel comfortable doing that. also i don't really believe in what i am saying, i am just trying to explore this perspective
>>
>>9554979

well i don't believe it either

a company can sell vegan snacks and put lots of thought into the packaging and put a vegan message on it but at the end of the day it's just a bag of chips

beauty isn't a message, it's too vague to be anything, a flat screen tv can be beautiful, it isn't art though, and neither is fashion
>>
>>9554778
anons please disreguard every word this dude is spouting

it's nonsense with keywords

mcqueen was a failed tailor who resorted to theatrics to make a name for himself in costuming and sold it as haute couture to the mainstream
>>
>>9554873

So one of the parameters of defining art that my fellow curators like to toss around is that it has no practical or functional value. This puts clothing and crafts in the design category (and not art), but jewelry in more of a gray area.

Is it important to declare fashion an art? The word doesn't in itself carry any value judgment. There's bad art. There's brilliant design. Etc.
>>
File: fite me irl.jpg (107KB, 868x934px) Image search: [Google]
fite me irl.jpg
107KB, 868x934px
>>9555072
>mcqueen was a failed tailor who resorted to theatrics to make a name for himself

someone's incredibly jealous, aren't they? He enjoyed enormous success and was one of the most celebrated designers of our era. what do you know about bespoke apparel?

and here you are, trying to rouse a "depressed" chick.

Truly deplorable.
>>
>>9554792
here
>>9554850
>>
>>9555106
you don't have depression, you're a bubbly weeb idiot transplant from /cgl/ who is trying to go "goth" thinking that kids your age into CCP like it
>>
>>9554402
Plus sized fashion shows already exist, and I'm sure the designers interested in that are already involved in it. Please post a picture of something you've made before telling a layman what is and what isn't a challenge
>>
>>9555117
You're still an ugly troll, sieg. Time to retire.
>>
>>9554359
Does every form of media need to have a fat chick and a minority in it to appease the masses?
>>
File: tumblr_n9ytrz7YPu1ttdz7co1_500.png (265KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9ytrz7YPu1ttdz7co1_500.png
265KB, 480x390px
>>9555142
>>
>>9555138
guess it's time to retire when someone less attractive comes around to take your spot under the bridge

go ahead TM....go ahead
>>
File: judgy will.gif (808KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
judgy will.gif
808KB, 245x300px
>>9555150
>>
>>9555150
tubby pls go
>>
>>9555174
>tubby

is it you anon?! i miss you ;D
>>
>>9555160
>>9555174
elementary samefagging

why do you still post here? go plz
>>
this thread is full of people attempting to criticize definitions of art by bringing up kitschy shit that satisfies the definition but is essentially "bad" or "tacky" or "ugly" other "negative aesthetic descriptor"

what this form of criticism fails to address is that there can be tacky or ugly art. there can be bad art. art does not have to be refined or of masterful quality (unless that's inherent to the proposed definition). no matter how you define art, you will find pieces that are undoubtedly art but that either disagree with your definition or at least your aesthetics. you have to make room for a definition of art to include "bad art". this is pretty fucking basic shit, like, art history 101 shit.
>>
who here rofled at this thread? 。゚(゚^ਊ^ํ )゚。
>>
>>9555178
mhmm, yes, quite so, quite so, old man. yes.

you will regret this here actions, ya balmy toad. i swear on me mum!
>>
File: 02 (2).jpg (14KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
02 (2).jpg
14KB, 229x220px
>>9554694
>Most of 4chan is in college
>mfw
Most of 4chan is in high school. That should be extra clear based on how people choose to dress here on /fa/.
>>
>>9554614
Far from all music is well polished. Slap some autotuned bitch on a mainstream beat and bam you've got yourself a hit song.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.