[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been called in for an interview. The e-mail explicitly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1423778146888.jpg (101KB, 514x640px)
1423778146888.jpg
101KB, 514x640px
So I've been called in for an interview. The e-mail explicitly says that the dress code is business casual, but I have no idea what to wear.

Would khaki chinos, a white dress shirt, a black tie, and a black v-neck sweater count as business casual?

Should I have creases on the chinos? I know that you're normally not supposed to, but for business casual it might be appropriate.
>>
>>9532794
Go with a non-black tie and you're fine. No creases.
>>
>>9532799
I really only have experience with black ties. What colours are considered good?
>>
>>9532794
When I dress business casual I wear my regular suit,shoes,shirt, and just leave out the tie and unbutton the shirt collar, or alternatively I would wear a tie and no jacket.

>>9532885
Almost any color tie is good depending on the colors you are pairing it with. Plain ties and dark colors are more formal; woven, patterned and brighter colors are less formal; novelty ties are only for professionals that are dealing with children (school, pediatritions, etc).
>>
i haven't worn my invisaline in 9months
pls send help
im dying
>>
>>9532885
A dark solid tie like burgundy or navy. Black is too contrasting of a color that doesn't complement anything well other than a black suit.
>>
>>9532794

As a businessman, when someone says business casual I think dress pants and dress shirt, no jacket , no tie
>>
File: linen ties.jpg (234KB, 714x636px) Image search: [Google]
linen ties.jpg
234KB, 714x636px
>>9532794
Avoid black, it's not a good color for business casual. Use a pullover with another dark colour (navy, charcoal, brown etc. use whatever you feel you can pull off) if you want a dark sweater and ditch the black tie. You could go with a linen tie now that it's spring, instead of a silk one. Linen ties are a bit more casual but sexy as fuck. As for the chinos you can go both creased and non-creased, creased chinos definitely has its place in business casual and it gives a more dressed and professional impression. Blazer or no blazer, both works for business casual.

Pic related, three of my linen ties.
>>
>>9533067
So something like this, but with khaki chinos would work well as business casual?
>>
>>9534582
Yes I'd say so. Just remember to wear dress shoes and a nice wrist watch if you have one.
>>
to me and my office, business casual is a buttondown collared shirt tucked into khakis/chinos. I'll wear a tie at least once a week, maybe twice. In the winter I often wear a sweater over the shirt, but never a tie with the sweater.

If you're doing an interview, a non-black suit would look nice. I doubt anyone would fault you for that. As people have said, avoid black ties.

If you don't have/don't want to wear a suit, a nice color scheme would be darkish brown khakis/chinos, a light blue shirt, and maybe a navy tie with a minimal design. I have a navy tie that has a small red floral pattern.

For the interview, definitely wear a tie. Wear nice shoes too.
>>
>business casual
worst creation ever

Fuark.

If I had to do it, I would do the following

>Navy Blue double breasted jacket, gold buttons
>Beige/white trousers
>Brown shoes if beige trousers, black if white, fuck suede
>White shirt
>Knitted tie of some color

Easiest is probs no tie, shirt, pullover, some sort of light trousers, brogues
>>
>>9533067
linen always looks old as shit

it's a good trick to get "parchment" colored or tea-died linen to add some sort of layering/depth when staging a home to make it look lived in for a shoot

but it's not a good choice for tailored clothing that wants to present itself in a sharp crisp manner
>>
>>9537057
OP here.

The email said that the dress code in the office, as well as for the interview is business casual. So should I, or should I not wear a tie?
>>
>>9533008
This.

I'd still probably wear a tie for an interview though. But definitely not a white shirt and a black tie; you'll look like a waiter.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.