[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /fa/ ever get people copying their style? Or after you started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: What not to do.jpg (307KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
What not to do.jpg
307KB, 500x667px
Does /fa/ ever get people copying their style? Or after you started dressing effay, did you notice other people try and radiate your sense of fashion? It really pisses me the fuck off when fuccboi hypebeasts try to dress effay. ESPECIALLY when they do it incorrectly. Pic related.
>>
>>9490159
Mainly the middle & right guy. Guy on the left isnt that bad.
>>
talk shit post fit
>>
>>9490159
no not really
nobody gives a fuck about muh fashun where i live
i like it like that, gives me an advantage.
these people do too, you should be glad they're there to make you look better
>>
Its flattering to me, but if you have someone copying your style your style is really accessible. I guess this would be more annoying if you were poor and couldn't afford to differentiate yourself from the copycats.

But on the real being offended when a flyover state kiddie copies your parka/bomber and black jeans "style" means that you may not be as creative as you think.
>>
File: 4352345.png (471KB, 627x471px) Image search: [Google]
4352345.png
471KB, 627x471px
One time I was waiting for a bus after work and a friend walked by with his gf, we talked and what not till my bus came and then we parted ways.

next time we hang out he tells me that his gf told him after we saw each other that she liked the way I dressed and asked him if I am always that fashionable, he prob told her no bc he has no interest in clothes and I doubt has ever even noticed what I wear.

but when he told me this I realized he was wearing the exact outfit I had been wearing. and has continued to dress like that since.

worst part is...
ALL I was wearing was a red flannel button up, tucked into black skinny jeans and some leather sandals. real basic shit.

>mfw I inadvertently created another fuccboi
>>
I hate the people ruining monochrome, there are not many effay people around my town, I haven't seen the first effay human yet, but the try hard faggots just fail so bad, I laugh myself out everyday because of these people :')
>>
>>9490159
Kanye is always copying my style :'(
>>
man I'm really hoping my bros are going to cop my style, they dress like shit & thats ok cos they're cool guys but at the same time I just want an fa crew to hit the town with
>>
File: am i cute.jpg (128KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
am i cute.jpg
128KB, 650x650px
>>9490317
>tfw u post in a WAYWT thread and the next day the WAYWT thread is full of identical copies of ur fit
>>
>>9490367
if those disgusting fits in waywt look like u then consider suicide, there hasnt been a good thread in years
>>
>>9490159
This is called being narcissistic. You're just noticing other people after the fact. No one's copying you.
>>
>>9490349
OP here, same. There are 4 of them. One dresses ok, weird colors, though. One wears baggy blue jeans and a sweatshirt, and one tries to be effay with green and orange button-up, short sleeve shirts from hollister, blue skinny jeans that are way too skinny, and hypebeast sneakers. He's the worst of them all.
>>
>>9490375
I had a more specific example in mind, I was just angry and wanted to start conversation. This one guy who dresses horribly asked me where i got my shoes, and i showed him asos, and the fucker comes in 2 days later wearing my favorite pair of shoes. I want to punch him.
>>
>>9490349
>iktw

i have /fa/ friends but theyre all narcissitic brand whores

my chill crew dress pretty shit but they're good guys,

>tfw one of the guys wore shorts and running shoes into the city jfc

love him still tho lol
>>
>>9490288
Why do people wear pants with sandals? The one thing I'll never get.
>>
>>9490467
Lol why do u wanna punch him
>>
>>9490163
agree
>>
File: bobby-brown-gumby.jpg (14KB, 355x235px) Image search: [Google]
bobby-brown-gumby.jpg
14KB, 355x235px
>getting tired of the usual buzzcuts and high top fades
>go to the barbershop one day
>tell him to hook me up with pic related.
>after he's done he said it looked so good he had to take picture of it.
>"Dang anon, I guarantee somebody go gonna copy that "
>say to myself "yeah right".
>two weeks later I see some tall lanky fucker with a 2 inch tall gumby on his head.
>go to the barber the next day and get all my shit cut off.
>>
people constantly stare at my AF1's
>>
>>9490840
im sure they are impressed by your extremley exclusive shoe that no on can even imagine to afford, i must say i have never seen them in the wild, but id like to imagine a future where every basic white girl strolls around wearing them with leggings and a parka
>>
>>9490840
because they're white and big, it draws attention, especially if you wear it with black skinnies

it's not unique at all, but i believe it's one of the best shoes that has been ever produced, no matter
who's wearing them frequently lately, that shoe can't be ruined
>>
>>9490159
In highschool I pretty much always wore a white button down, a black tie, and black skinny jeans. Sometimes I'd swap the tie out for a sweater in the winter. Not effay at all, but I was in highschool.

Most of the kids were still wearing hoodies or t-shirts and straight cut jeans, so people always asked me what the hell I was doing. Some girls thought it was cute. Lot of guys called me a fag because I don't know why.

Anyway, I go on fb now and again, and without fail, some schmoozer from highschool's at the top of the news feed at some party wearing the same stupid outfit I used to always wear. I wear other shit now, but it's just funny to see all these guys who gave me shit reppin' the same stuff.
>>
>>9490908
>AF1's
>no one can even imagine to afford
Are we thinking of the same shoe here?
>>
>>9491003
> Lot of guys called me a fag because I don't know why.
Maybe because you were wearing a fucking tie in high school.
>>
>>9491015
kek'd

dw he has autism
>>
>>9490312
>ruining monochrome

it is literally the easiest shit to make a fit with.
you think you're fucking topshit for wearing memechrome? you're uncreative and you know it.
>>
>>9490159
I've noticed that people started to notice me a lot more at my uni and recognize me in less formal occasions. I run into people who know me but I have no idea who they are every now and then. Hell, there was one girl who found me in the middle of the dancing crowd at a music festival and told me she remembers me from the uni (the festival wasn't even in my town). It's almost creepy.
>>
>>9491012
are you actually a retard?
>>
>>9490486
some ppl just don't care & wear what's comfortable
>>
>>9491056
yeah i get the same stuff since i went fa
some chick came up to me at a concert & was like "oh I see you and ur friends hanging out in the city after uni"
i mean wtf
>>
>>9491286
>>9491056
>>9491003

dat autism kek

>>9490159
>>9490163

maybe they look like shit cause they're ugly?
>>
>>9491293
How is this autism?
>>
>>9491303
cause more likely than not she was trying to start a conversation with you.
You probably just stared at the ground and mumbled something about sik rik fit
>>
>>9491310
calm down nerd i was just saying its a weird way to start a convo thats all, if u did that to a girl theyd be put off too
>>
>>9491312
>if u did that to a girl theyd be put off too
kek
>>
>>9490159
What boots are these guys wearing?
>>
>>9491310
Nice projections there mate. Not everyone who lurks /fa/ is an unsocial spastic who can talk only about clothes. I never bring up the subject myself unless the person I'm talking to compliments my fit or looks pretty shway him/herself.
>>
>>9491330
Anyone?
>>
>>9491026
I feel comfortable and more like myself when I wear monochrome, maybe it's just a phase..
>>
>>9491330
redwings maybe
>>
I hate when they act like they didn't see you wear it first
>first to wear Roshe Runs in school
>first to wear a bucket hat
>first to wear ripped jeans
>first to wear all white nikes
thanks to asap bari lmao
>>
>>9490159
>Does /fa/ ever get people copying their style?
No one has ever copied my style, which I'm glad for because my style is customized for me, but plenty of people ask me to give them fashion advice.
>>
>tfw you want an effay squad to roll with but still hate it when your friends copy you
I'm a shitty person, I know.
>>
>>9490908
underrated post
>>
>>9491419
This whole idea of "squad" or "crew" reeks of 15 year olds who desperately need acceptance. Stop with that shit.
>>
>>9491460
But is being /fa/ all alone really worth it?
>>
>>9490467

>wearing asos shoes
>>
>>9491460
not having friends suck though
>>
>>9491460
>I have no friends because my autism forces me to take everything anyone types on a Taiwanese gouache painting forum as the literal truth
>>
>>9490349
My brother has a fashion crew, four of them are from Congo so they mix western fashion with high class tribal, it's pretty effay. When they enter the club, the atmosphere changes, that's why fashion crews are awesome.
>>
>>9491466
Whats wrong with asos shoes
>>
>>9491491
take a guess
>>
>>9491469
>>9491482
I have friends, but we are not a "crew". They are grown up people of different walks (not every one of them is inot fashion) of life and all of us do our things. We don't pointlessly loiter around smoking cigs, taking stupid pics of ourselves and talk exclusively about clothing. Maybe kids do that but there is more to life than being a shallow consumerist cunt.
>>
I have this one fucknigga at my job who jocks everything I do. I change my haircut like once a month and he always changes it to the same one I have within like 2 days. I don't really mind it though cause at least I'm influencing people. The only thing that irks me is that he's more handsome than me, hahaha.
>>
>>9491330
>>9491388
Doc Martens
>>
File: IMG_74601848934748.jpg (55KB, 1185x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_74601848934748.jpg
55KB, 1185x395px
I have a group of friends who are very fashionable (4-6) we range from hypebeast streetwear to dadcore most of the time it's done right and everyone looks good. I jumped on the memechrome train 3 years back and still pretty much dress that way. when I started wearing darker colors more often I noticed a switch in the group. I think we just feed off each other and find inspiration in our homies fits and pull what we like into our own wardrobe. I'm still very much (leather jacket, white shirt, light wash jeans, black boots) but if it wasn't for my dadcore friend I probably would never have bought a pair of shoes that weren't nigger tier Jordan's or vans tbh.
>>
File: 1383570766412.jpg (124KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
1383570766412.jpg
124KB, 458x640px
Started with memechrome, then grayscale with a bit of brown and now into something pic related.

Some people in the office started copying me though they did very badly with cheaper clothes (they gave up after a while lol). Some friends also ask me where did I get my boots and asked for recommendations.

Feels good I guess. At the very least I'm already at the point where I am very comfortable with what I wear.
>>
I was the designated the most effay ("well dressed" was their choice of words) in my social circle. Over time, a few of them picked up on my style of dress. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that my friends dress well, and are proud of their newfound sense of fashion. Why would it?
>>
File: tmp_1424264913671(2)-264917566.jpg (59KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1424264913671(2)-264917566.jpg
59KB, 960x768px
>>9490375
Not op, didn't even read his post but nah. Since high school I've been wearing decent basics, no graphic ts, pants that fit, matching shoes, v necks, form fitting sweaters. First year of college my best friend started dressing like me. No big, not like i know anything about fashion. Then my roomie started dressing exactly like us. My friend was like "anon wtf anon dresses just like us now" it's like mate that's what you did. Now o have a new crew and after going out and getting complimented all the time, one of them (an engineer) chose to get a new wardrobe for Christmas exactly like mine. He went from baggy jeans and gave up his favorite graphic ts to wear stuff like i wear. Another friend finally started buying colors and stopped dressing like a blind punk. And then another friend, when i WA talking about getting rid of my old work wear was like "anon i might have a home for those" Anyone who cares about this is a fag. Nothing wrong to be inspo for your cru and help them see that clothes are important
>>
>>9490467
What are you, a woman?
>>
>>9490159
Other people usually couldn't pull off how I dress.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.