[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ body language and mannerisms? What are some fashionable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_n0jm3dPsP51rnpl15o2_1280.png (233KB, 606x444px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0jm3dPsP51rnpl15o2_1280.png
233KB, 606x444px
/fa/ body language and mannerisms? What are some fashionable mannerisms or habits to pick up? I don't mean habits as in smoking cigs and/or drinking coffee but physical habits such as running your hands through your hair every few minutes or how you look at someone.

We have a lot of threads on clothes, hair, shoes ,etc., but being /fa/ is not excluded to how you look but also how you act.
>>
The fact you're using a tumblr image and asking how to be cool on this Hell hole is very worrying.

>if you have to ask...
>>
>>9483836
huge autism.

if you dont have this naturally you cant get it. trying to will just be even worse.
>>
body language should come naturally. everything else is very iritating and seems off. it won't do you any good. rather work on getting real confidence, then your own characteristic bodylanguage will mirror that.
>>
Good chest posture, stare at eyes, act confident and believe it.
>>
This thread could reach autistic proportions.

Well, I try to smile, show my teeth more often since a lot of people don't really do much of that. I don't come off as creepy so I like to place my hand on their arms, hell even their legs when they're sitting down. I also like to bite my lip a lot, but just to pull out of the skin cos this weather sucks shit. Apparently that comes off as suggestive, but whatevs.
>>
Always keep a good posture and be masculine in your ways, give of the impression that you're in charge even though you might not actually be, at the same time be relaxed, calm and caring so that people aren't afraid to approach you.
Self-confidence plays a big role, gestures should be done unconsciously.
I started noticing a big difference when I got a new job and started doing heavy labor work, you gain a certain mentality, you want to get shit done and you want to do it well, nothing half-arsed.
>>
Hands in pockets?
>>
>>9484014
No. That would be a sign of insecurity, not /fa/ at all.
>>
>>9483836
Being /fa/ is 90% about how you act. To be /fa/ you must be truly confident and comfortable with yourself, your body language will reflect this. Look up "Domonant body language" for an idea.
>>
>>9484069
Isn't having your hands in your pockets with your thumbs pointing out masculine body language though?
>>
>>9483867
>I don't come off as creepy so I like to place my hand on their arms, hell even their legs when they're sitting down
>I don't come off as creepy

lol
>>
Watch anime, watch movies, read manga. I'm serious. These are created characters whose mannerisms are specifically created to enhance their appearance and persona. Even though it's cliche, imitation is the first form of learning. Once you've picked up a mannerism, it's your job to make it your own. Practice it until it feels and looks natural.

That doesn't mean your behaviour should be artificial either. but that we all have seen a character do something and realized it expressed an intent or feeling exactly how we'd like to do so. There's no harm in picking up these habits. But the moment you start creating a character to be, rather than accentuating your natural character, you need to check yourself.

tl;dr If you want to rub the back of your head when embarrassed, go for it. Just don't become an autistic bundle of mannerisms and acting.
>>
>>9484170
fucking weeaboo
>>
File: c5c.png (126KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
c5c.png
126KB, 600x811px
>>9484309
>>
>>9484309
consuming jap media =/= weeaboo
>>
>>9484170
>Watch anime, watch movies, read manga.
ya no
i stopped watching cartoons and reading picture books when i was a kid
>>
Standing with you back straight. Show some pride young man. Too many people are slumped over and it looks ridiculous.
>>
>>9484416
OK. But you're forgetting a lot of these are made by men and women who spend all day paging through fashion magazines, old movies, and photographs for characteristics, clothing, and movements that fit their characters. Their entire job is literally to collect components of how people act, dress, and live. They then draw them, which allows for all of these components to be expressed a "pure" (as in unfettered by reality) form which is easily understood and translated.

You're just saying shit without thinking.
>>
File: db2.gif (263KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
db2.gif
263KB, 600x903px
>>9483864
>>9483876
>>9484069
>>9484420
>>
File: 1424556195633.jpg (179KB, 969x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1424556195633.jpg
179KB, 969x1052px
>>9483844
>>9483857
>>9483862
>>9484074
>jus be urself ;^)

don't listen to these faggots.
Their advice is shit and they are not effay what so ever
>>
>>9484426
if you're idea of having /fa/ body language is imitating anime characters then you are truly a lost cause
>>
>>9484528
Are you fucking kidding me? I'm not talking about copying some kawaii moe blob shit. I'm saying that there are plenty of anime and manga drawn by adults with a fantastic knowledge of anatomy and non verbal behavior. It's no different than copying a movie character or even your friend. You judge it by the same standard of fitting the situation and yourself. It's just another source of material. What kind of pleb are you that can differentiate that?
>>
>>9483857
Crock of shit. People adapt mannerisms and behaviors from others throughout their lives and it's often recommended to do so actively.
>>
>>9484170
>TFW picked up ninja hand signs as a mannerism
>>
>>9484549
chill out dude. did you spit out the autism medication your mom gave you this morning? if you try learning mannerisms from cartoon characters then you're going to end up looking like a massive try hard faggot. looking confident can't be learned, but being confident can. you can't feign looking confident, you actually have to BE confident. it's not something you can just pick up by looking at a few picture books. you actually have to develop confidence as a character attribute, it's a process that takes a while. that's the only way.
>>
if you ARE actually confident, powerful mannerisms will come to you. the way the body moves is a reflection of the mind.
>>
>>9484549
chill out dude. did you spit out the autism medication your mom gave you this morning?
>>
>>9484408
hey, you're on the wrong forum bro xD

i suggest you visit
/r9k/ /toy/ nd /hc/ where you can fit in with your own kind
>>
The fact that this is even being discussed is not effay. If you honestly can not clue in to what socially acceptable and fashionable mannerisms are - that is a defining trait of autism.

If you have to ask - you don't have it.
Just give up.
>>
>>9484080
it shows cockiness, pretty much anyone who does this is a douchebag as well as being an autist majority of the time
>>
>>9484815
proejecting
>>
>>9484756
i don't think you understand what he's trying to say

the people who make some of these 'cartoons' have done extensive research in human interaction, body language etc. to fully portray a character, some of these books/animes aren't full blown babby shit for under 21 year old neckbeards and if you're attentive enough you can learn something from it

inb4 recommend me an anime/manga
>>
>>9484848
>the people who make some of these 'cartoons' have done extensive research in human interaction, body language etc. to fully portray a character
[citation needed]
>>
>>9484859
Only because you haven't done your own research.
>>
>>9484400
does it ever occur to you that there are literally dozens of other boards that have nothing to do with glorious nippon culture? I've literally never watched anime except from spirited away and I've never read a manga. Get the fuck back to /a/
>>
>>9484868
Does it occur to you that this image board collective was once a single image board entirely devoted to anime and manga content diverted from Something Awful? The entire point is that even if you don't care for anime, this place is founded and run by weeaboo to the very core.
>>
>>9484848
stop pretending you aren't the guy I was responding to. and stop bullshitting about how all of your cartoonists do "extensive research"

anime and manga are for manchildren. that's that. i've done extensive research in human interaction, body language, etc. and have determined that they're all manchildren living in their parents basements.
>>
>>9484756
>>9484776
nice one m8
>>
>>9484080
Yes.
>>
>>9484080
for formal pictures
>>
>>9484449
i bet you r9k erryday
>>
Not rushing. Stay calm and cool and if you're about to miss your bus but the next one come's in just 10 minutes - just fucking relax and don't try to make some run for it. Walk slowly, avoid running and stressing.
Personally I make a rule about never running anywhere.

Also don't use Facebook. If you absolutely must, keep it to an absolute minimal. Don't be active, don't keep a shitload of info there, don't upload picture and shit.
>>
>>9485362
i agree with this. except maybe upload one profile picture that is not ironic/ making a face.
>>
>>9485362
I agree

also dont forget to assymetrically swing your arms as you walk

and dont keep one hand in your pocket, it's either two hands in two different pockets or two hands out and swinging (assymetrically)
>>
>>9484449
lmao

low self esteem loser detected

lifes 2 short 2 b anyone bt urself friend :`~)

sage
>>
just hate authority and the world, find like-minded people, and that's it
>>
>>9485362
>Also don't use Facebook. If you absolutely must, keep it to an absolute minimal. Don't be active, don't keep a shitload of info there, don't upload picture and shit.

on point
>>
File: Adios.jpg (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Adios.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
>>9484170
>Watch anime
this kills the thread
>>
>>9483836
>running your hands through your hair every few minutes
So it can rapidly become greasy and disgusting af?

Are you retarded?
>>
when i made the decision to stop looking like a fucking faggot all the time a couple years ago i sat in front of the mirror and worked on making my smile and other facial expressions less autistic looking, you could probably do something similar with your body language
>>
>>9485432
greasy hair is fa
>>
>>9485595
yikes
>>
>>9484756
Fucking savage
Lmao eithered
Good one, lad you showed that scrub
>>
>>9485591
smiling isn't /fa/
>>
everyone saying that you can't pick up mannerisms is autistic. what is acting?

look at yourself in the mirror, be more conscious of what you're doing. get better posture, don't let your foot/leg shake when you sit, don't bite your nails, don't dart your eyes around
>>
>>9483867
>I don't come off as creepy
>touching people

right
>>
File: 1423758120308.png (28KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423758120308.png
28KB, 600x900px
>>
Eye contact should be aggressive
Stoic and angry expression
Expression should be minimal
You don't fuss you keep still focus on nothing
Strong posture
Slight smug asshole smile is acceptable as default.
>>
feast was adorable
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.