[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“I’m not into his fashion thing. I think he’s fine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: kelly-kanye-crop.jpg (260KB, 720x480px)
kelly-kanye-crop.jpg
260KB, 720x480px
>“I’m not into his fashion thing. I think he’s fine as a rapper. I think he’s a joke as a fashion designer.”

>“I mean, it’s not, he’s not legit. Have you seen the product? Didn’t he have his own line in London, which was a disaster that he spent $10 million to do, that no one wore?”

>“I just think that you should stay focused at what you’re good at. Just because you’re a good rapper doesn’t mean you’re going to be a good fashion designer. I mean, we’ve seen that over and over. Sean John is a really successful line, but you know, no one in the fashion industry is waking up and going, ‘Hey did you get that … did you like, trade up your Moncler for your Sean John?’ No. Nobody’s saying that.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/02/18/fashion-week-kanye-west-fashion-show-criticism/

hehehehehehe
>>
Why should I value Kelly Cutrone's opinion?
>>
>>9474275
She is...who? I should care (about said topic or said irrelevant whench's opinion)..why?
>>
>>9474275
>“I just think that you should stay focused at what you’re good at
>Just stay in art school
>Just stay a producer
>Just stay a rapper
>>
>>9474275
Well she didn't lie. His first attempt at a line was a huge failure and considering how cocky he is I thought he would give up on the fashion biz for good.
>>
Shit I'm a racist and I still feel it's fucked that the only reason she compared Kanye's clothes to Sean John is because he's a black rapper.

You've gotta give him credit, he's at least a bottom feeder of the high fashion world. Puff Daddy doesn't even try to be a part of that world.
>>
literally who
>>
I thought it was great. Uninspired, but he succeeds at making his fashion line a cohesive extension to his music and live performances. I don't find what he does innovative at all since his whole aesthetic has been done by kids on SuFu and Japanese fashion houses for years. But still, he makes me feel like I'm buying a part of a wardrobe for a movie. Also, I like how she didn't say shit about his APC line, which was great and achieved what he aimed for it to do.
>>
Did Kanye ever get that Pastelle clothing line up and running?
>>
>>9474350
Kanye West is a rapper and fashion "designer" who married Kim Kardashian.
>>
File: 1422672226333.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1422672226333.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>9474366
>>
>>9474351
Hating Kanye is the popular thing to do right now. This line was derivative but I don't think that's a bad thing. I view it as Kanye's take on designer clothing that he wears.
>>
She jelly.
>>
>>9474275
i didnt love kanyes line but how is she gonna hate when she's fat and old smh
>>
File: 1424390119100.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424390119100.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
why do white people like kanye so much
>>
>the London line was literally 3 years ago
>lol ppl don't learn from their mistakes
I mean he even said he doesn't consider himself a designer since it would be offensive to other designers. Give him some slack jeez
>>
I can smell the butthurt.

Who cares if it cost $10,000,000 or if it was "a disaster." Its not like kanye cant afford it. If he wants to make a fashion line then why not?
>>
>>9474491
cause kanye doesn't only do dirty south trap
>>
i don't need to know who she is to see she's right
>>
>>9474345
what other male musician tries to pull off a big fashion line?
>>
>>9474580
Lots of male rappers have tried. Hell, Jerry Garcia makes ties.
>>
>>9474585
keyword: big
>>
>>9474594
Those people are all trying to pull of a big fashion line. They're literally trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
>>
Does she even design? What would she know
>>
the fashion industry is known to be kinda ruthless. why should they bend over backwards and be ~nice~ to kanye
>>
File: tumblr_mr8bz7yMkR1qhkvg5o1_500.gif (998KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr8bz7yMkR1qhkvg5o1_500.gif
998KB, 500x699px
So some lady who prob thinks she has more clout in the fashion industry than she really does missed the entire point of Kanye's foray into the fashion world and is trying to tell him what to do.

He has said time and time again that he doesn't want people to tell others NOT to do something they'd like to try.

It doesn't matter if its film, fashion, fine arts, music or whatever if he wanted to attempt something creative and new then poeple shouldn't be telling him to stick to what hes done before.

thats why hes always rambling about how ppl told him to stick to producing instead of rapping..

like I thought his line was rip off garbage but he wants to try and he wants to learn, this girl missed the mark entirely... Instead of critiquing his line she told him to never try something he enjoys again.

what about this is so hard for people to understand?
>>
>>9474634
http://www.style.com/trends/fashion/2015/kanye-west-adidas-originals-interview

In this interview he explicitly states who he drew inspiration from and how he does not consider himself a designer. I thought he was a total poser but he just wants to do what likes
>>
>>9474585

Jerry Garcia is dead and the ties are just some fun merch, not really an actual attempt at breaking into menswear
>>
>>9474275

Lol at the comments on that site agreeing with her and shitting on kanye. The women really didn't like it at all.

Also reminder not to take fashion advice from 5'7 manlet who married a poor dressing basic bitch hobbit.
>>
>>9474275
She doesn't even say anything about his new collection.....

His old fashion line was shit, he had no idea what he was doing.
>>
>>9474379
>>9474379
>>9474532
>>9474532
>>
>>9474275
>implying people are born with only one talent
great b8 m8, way to limit innovation.
>>
>>9474634
>>9474653
He admits he's a fraud and this is something admirable to you people? Jesus, I know its difficult to develop taste but please put forth some effort.
>>
>>9474731
Except he isn't innovating. Criticizing Kanye is not the same thing as saying no one should do something they like. She's using the fact that he isn't good at it as backup to the central argument that his fashion is shit. "Stick to what you are good at" is not being said in a general way, but directed at Kanye who is clearly riding on his fame and money to "make" his fashion.
>>
>>9474999

All successful people in the world started out as frauds. You have to fail time and time again before reaching success.
>>
>>9474275
who is the fat cunt ? never heard of her
>>
>>9475006
learn to read

>“I just think that you should stay focused at what you’re good at."
>>
>>9475006
>"Stick to what you are good at" is not being said in a general way

...? Yes it is. She didn't say "I just think Kanye should stick to what he's good at" -- she instead phrased it, you guessed it, generally.
>>
>>9474580
Tyler the Creator
>>
>Sean John
Aw shit this takes me back.
Is this brand relevant in any way or form anymore? I remember Sean John having it's own shows on fashion week and was probably Diddys biggest bussiness venture back then. Hell Nick Cannon even made a shitty feature length film which was basically just a one big Sean John commercial.
>>
>>9474539
you are an idiot and clearly some retarded 14 years old kanye west dickrider.
west is an egomaniacal individual who clearly seeks success and acceptance. he wanted his clothing to be worn by every single person on the planet. he didn't make a season as a hobby. he isn't nearly rich enough to throw 10 mill for some passing fancy.
>>
>>9475097
yeah i'm sure tyler will present on the runways next season
>>
>>9474634
>He has said time and time again that he doesn't want people to tell others NOT to do something they'd like to try.

uh??did you miss the years he went around whining like a bitch because houses didn't want to endorse him? if he want to create he can create in his own bedroom and pay for his own shows. nobody is obliged to endorse him. he went on and on on whatever radio and tv show he could find for years making an ass of himself and rambling because nike or ralph lauren didn't want to pay for this guy's caprices. he paid for his own show and it was trash, and he was butthurt cuz muh oppressive elitist fashun world.
ralph and the others started by themselves. people bust their asses for a place in the fashion world. nobody fucking spoonfed them. nobody kickstarted them straight into paris.

nobody is physically holding the guy back, he wants to make clothes, he can, but he can't expect people to take him seriously. years of grind are expected before maybe making it into fashion, but no, mister entitled bitch wants to

-have a line with a big company straight away
-have people buy is shit even if it's utter trash
-have fashion people laud him as some sort of fashion steve jobs

i'm actually proud of the fashion world for once, they didn't bend over backwards just because some entitled celebrity wanted to play fashion designer. now he started to understand the rules and played mister lowkey in his last interview, his line is still garbage tho, so he won't go far. and it has to stay this way. the real talents must be pushed.
>>
>>9474379
>Hating Kanye is the popular thing to do right now
The only thing more pathetic than Kanye are his fans. People just can't stop suck this guy dick.
>>
Kayne never said he was a "designer" he's doing what he likes. He likes fashion, he likes clothes. We like fashion, we like clothes. I'm not even a huge Kanye fan and you guys are totally reaching for bullshit ways to justify his envolvement in the hobby. I swear sometimes people get so caught up in other people's lives it makes me sick, you're just wasting your time.
>>
>>9475196
THIS
>>
fashion industry is one of the few msm industires in the world not plagued by political correctness.

kanye wont get special treatment because hes a monkey, people are going to call a spade a spade.

his shit is shit and the less i hear about this fucking moron and his teenage simpleton fans the better.
>>
You people fellating Kanye's ego are pathetic. You know he's never going to sleep with you, right? You know this? He wasn't even good at his other jobs, he exists entirely on reputation and making an ass of himself. His fashion stuff is completely uninspired. You can't tell his drek from K-mart racks.
>>
>>9475316
You are literally YouTube comment tier. Where the ever-loving fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>9475022
No they didn't. A fraud is someone who lacks genuine interest, does not have a spirit of self-refinement, and attempts to change the rules of a system instead of changing themselves to adapt to that system. RL is legit. Kanye is a fraud. Kanye is a habitual fraud, there might not be a single thing in his whole sham of a life he gives a shit about doing and protecting.
>>
>>9475145
He is that rich, though. He makes ten times that in a tour. I hate the man, but don't underestimate his ability to create funds out of being a worthless cock.
>>
>>9475316
Cause because he never said doesn't mean he doesn't think it. He thinks people should worship him over the literal trash he puts out. He's an entitled whiney nigger just like you're a fuckface.
>>
>>9474403
No, she's Kelly.
>>
>>9474275
People take Asspizza more serious than they take Kanye as a designer. That's fucking hilarious to me.
>>
>>9475468

Did you read the interview? It hardly seems like his motivations are uninterested and stagnant in their development, especially if one views him through the lens of his whole career.
>>
>>9475492
Kanye like most rappers has no ounce of talent in him. He's a product to be sold to the masses. Just like whatever the fuck his new fashion line is. He doesn't belong here.

/thread
>>
File: u.png (168KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
168KB, 600x334px
>>9475500
>>
>>9475196
Couldn't have said it better myself. Kanye has no solid profile to work off of and whatever is in his background like Pastel is utter shit
>>
File: its over.jpg (56KB, 640x397px) Image search: [Google]
its over.jpg
56KB, 640x397px
>>9475447
>>9475457
>>9475464
>>9475468
>>9475474
>>9475196
>>9475145
>>
mods

mods ban every pro kanye poster itt

16 year old suburbanite pieces of shit

tired of this trash on a fashion imageboard
>>
>>9475512
This. Too many cucks on this board.
>>
Who is she?

Meanwhile KanyexAPC sold out, red octobers go for 3k, and kandidas finna sell out realquick

def getting the duck boots

Kanye's a household name at this point, who can have an opinion about him that would hurt his image? That's why you only see no name like this pushing these type of opinions.

>I just think that you should stay focused at what you’re good at
What kind of logic is this? You should never try to further yourself in any one field besides the one you happen to be best at? lol
>>
lol old overweight salty white women
>>
I bet she's a republican
>>
>>9475572
look how fanny flustered niggers get when you insult their monkey king.
>>
>>9474275
who the fuck cares what Kelly thinks?
she's a hateful washed up bitch, seriously, she can go fuck herself, Im not even dickriding Kanye's fashion game and I dont give a fuck what Kelly things.
Have you ever seen her on ANTM? she spends all of her screen time being a massive cunt, and never helps anyone; half the time it's just Tyra and Miss Jay refuting anything she said.
>>
>>9475583
bro IM PIST no srs fking ANGRY RN
>>
>>9475572
Exactly, there will always be fans who are willing to buy his clothing, that doesn't mean he will ever be successful in high fashion. The fashion world is not going to take him seriously because he is a celebrity and has fans, nor should they.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.