[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aspiring designer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: sonofthemorning.jpg (58KB, 720x1134px) Image search: [Google]
sonofthemorning.jpg
58KB, 720x1134px
Would You buy something like this?
I own a screen press machine, and I printed this a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>9472932
I like it, but it's not very individual. Looks like a jumper I could buy anywhere, get creative brochacho.
>>
>>9472941
This. Make your sweater stand out with something different. Have you considered sleeve printing? Maybe some text on the back?
>>
>>9472941
Yeah, the photo is not very clear either, but it's actually just a t-shirt with a cardigan on top.

I think a logo would ruin it though. I guess I could do some photo manipulation on the original design. I'm just not confident that adding elements (ie bling) wouldn't exclude a lot of people / narrow down the audience.
>>
So how does one begin their own clothing line? Like not just printed tees but actually designed jeans, shirts, etc..
>>
>>9472960
you just start to make stuff. then you go find a store that is willing to put a few pieces on display... it depends what you are looking for. do you want to sew unique and individual handmade pieces or do you want to have an actual clothes-line with ready-to-wear stuff?
>>
>>9472978
I was thinking high quality street wear, something like Undercover or Vivism
>>
>>9472993
i dunno man... go find out how they did it and do the same
>>
>>9472932
If it was on something that was of better quality, yeah, I'd buy it.
>>
wow, so creative. You printed a picture that floats around on /wg/ onto a black sweater! Next level shit mate!
>>
File: mockups.jpg (417KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mockups.jpg
417KB, 750x1000px
>>9472943
>Have you considered sleeve printing? Maybe some text on the back?
Yes, I have. I have thought about printing a long white line along the sleeve with a black logo on top.
As for the back, I don't know, I guess I could either print the sleeves or the back, I wouldn't want to overdo it.
>logos
While we're on the subject, here is mine... what does /fa/ think about it? (castler vs vari)
>pic related

>>9472960
1. Get the basics down
Assuming that you can already design clothes starting from silhouettes, you should acquire some tailoring skills.
It's not that hard, I did it under an all-nighter. Look at sewing patterns on pinterest and google and whatnot, you'll get the hang of it in hours.

2. Get a job
You need a steady income to be safe. Pay your bills, and cut the spendings on entertainment, invest into assets instead.
>Assets?
Fabrics, machines, rent a workshop, pay for education (classes, etc)

3. This is the part that is unique to each individual.
>make sewing patterns of your designs (S, M, L, XL)
>put your designs online
>make garments per order or make batches
>save most of the money you make like this to invest it in your business

>>9473000
Thanks, yeah I want to use silk and cotton mostly.

>>9473013
>/wg/
>not /hr/
lol
>>
>>9473050
don't use a V for and A if you want castler. I thought it was custler before you typed it out
>>
>>9473061
noted, thanks
>>
>>9473050
>using v's as a's
>couture
>can't even read the second logo

you can do a lot better, friend. it's also not couture if you're mass producing it.
>>
>>9472932
yes
>>
>>9473050
>what does /fa/ think about it? (castler vs vari)

I thought we settled this last time.
>>
very TRVP LORD core
>>
>>9473070
But I _am_ going to be mass producing.

>>9473083
hahaha yes, sorry.
It was leaning for Castler by like one vote though.
>>
question
how does HBA get such nice looking prints on their stuff, despite using screen printing

do they just have really high quality screen printers, or do they go over the same area multiple times and have really good qc?
>>
>>9473083
wasn't it vĂ¡ri?

i remember your thread
u had potential
>>
>>9473387
It depends the resolution of the screens and on whether they use water based or plastisol inks.
Then there are different brands within both types.
Printing cover inks on black is not as simple as printing regular inks on white, because coverer inks don't sink into the fabric as well as regular inks do, but that's necessary to cover well. IIRC cover inks have steel dust mixed into them, which prevents the fabric from absorbing the ink, this makes it dangerous to print multiple layers, because it creates a hard, thick layer and it can crack too (unless there's some rubber involved for elasticity).
>>
>>9473078
Hand-printed (screen printed) t-shirts go for $20 on average. Would you pay roughly $20 for a tshirt like this one?
>>
Printing shirts doesn't make you a fashion designer just a regular graphic designer who just gets theprint his shit, real fashion designers design every detail of a garment
>>
>>9472960
Get your shit and name floating around, then if you're really good at your shit people will ask for it, today I was asked to make a jacket
>>
>>9473622
What do you make buddy
>>
>>9472932
Pretty boring.
Print something more original, and more importantly, on more original places (sleeve, one side of the chest, bottom back, top back, whatever).
Also, consider using more original cuts for the tees/sweathsirts/hoodies/... you print your stuff on. Standard cut tees seem really boring.
>>
>>9473334
>But I _am_ going to be mass producing.

...so then you can't call it couture, which was my point.
>>
>>9472932
i'm sick of prints like this, it's not very original. what other things do you make OP?
>>
>>9472932
Did you make the image?

Ie. Is that your photograph?

If not, it sucks
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.