[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RICK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: 1366549232777.jpg (65KB, 466x700px)
1366549232777.jpg
65KB, 466x700px
RICK GENERAL
>>
Let me start, do Rick's stores offer repairs? I've got a bomber that's a couple of years old. There's a hole in the lining in the sleeve, and feathers are leaking through it. Would they fix it if I brought it in?
>>
the /fa/shionistas of today have no depth. Rick is fuccboi-tier for those who want to look cool and somewhat salient but have no real knowledge of modern fashion in general. there are so many other good designers out there, but I guess most of you are just lazy or something.

>hides thread
>>
>>9460272
Is that you, Tinfoil?
>>
>>9460281
I'm sure any tailor can fix that though.
>>
>>9460289
Yeah, whoever comes to this board and has any money kind of think they have two options, either Rick or Raf (just like the asap song).

It's just the easiest path to take really, I'd bargain to say a lot of people who own Rick pieces wouldn't be able to name their favorite collection and didn't even look at any.
>>
>>9460316
Literally nothing an hour of research can't fix, though
>>
File: isis.jpg (44KB, 489x938px)
isis.jpg
44KB, 489x938px
>>9460320
Literally?
I'm just shitposting anyway, but I always see Rick's consumer base being split in half, half is just dumb as fuck and look like these people and the other actually understand why they like Rick, people like /fa/scist and the old Rick fan trips back in the day.
>>
>>9460298
Definitely, but I'd also like to have all the feathers replaced.
>>
>>9460327
That guys calves are absolutely disgusting
>>
File: 1389886502730.jpg (344KB, 980x652px)
1389886502730.jpg
344KB, 980x652px
>>
File: 1400531746226.jpg (94KB, 658x987px)
1400531746226.jpg
94KB, 658x987px
bump
>>
>>9460289
what a stupid and arrogant thing to say. Just because a lot of it draws references from streetwear, it's not less worthy than anything else.

Also if you think that trawling through old stylezeitgeist threads and memorising which season a certain iteration of sneakers was released is a valuable way to spend time, you need a reality check.

>>9460316
> I'd bargain to say a lot of people who own Rick pieces wouldn't be able to name their favorite collection

lol hopefully this is a troll
>>
>>9463309
b4 he learned that heals are p gross
>>
>>9460327
Stop looking at fashion so abrstractly. It's easy to see why anyone likes rick (or any designer), it's because they like how the clothes look.
>>
>>9463309
>Just because a lot of it draws references from streetwear, it's not less worthy than anything else.

I agree. That's actually not what I meant. Sorry for not expressing myself more clearly. I just think of Rick fans as generally rather uneducated when it comes to designers within that specific part of modern fashion. Therefore fuccboi/pleb tier.

>Also if you think that trawling through old stylezeitgeist threads and memorising which season a certain iteration of sneakers was released is a valuable way to spend time, you need a reality check.

Yes, well, I don't think that's a good thing to do, really. Not what I'm proposing. Just asking people to look a bit beyond RICK-RAF-WANG. Just something basic like CCP, Yohjii or Ann D or something would do.
>>
File: fw2006dustulator.jpg (34KB, 628x460px)
fw2006dustulator.jpg
34KB, 628x460px
>>9464082
Well i think the NY streetwear look is pretty gross if that's what you are referring to (e.g. people wearing pyrex and geobaskets or whatever).

>Just asking people to look a bit beyond RICK-RAF-WANG. Just something basic like CCP, Yohjii or Ann D or something would do.

wot r u saying? How are those brands "basic"?

get off your weird elitist e-fashion high horse. You don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
File: f206qtrick.jpg (23KB, 615x466px)
f206qtrick.jpg
23KB, 615x466px
>>9464183
>>
>>9464183
"Basic" from the perspective of fashion knowledge - basic knowledge about modern fashion designers. I wasn't referring to price or whatever.
>>
File: ss10release.jpg (41KB, 849x463px)
ss10release.jpg
41KB, 849x463px
>>9464274
jesus christ. Listen to yourself.
>>
>>9464280
I am not that guy and listen to yourself you prick. The dude just said look past this certain trio that a large population of people only know, and suggested as a start, as a go-to, as the basics of getting into more brands: CCP, Yohji, and Ann D. Your own ego is filtering everything you see and turning it into an other ego so it can hide itself. I am telling you now, as a witness to this, you are being supercilious, and that guy isn't. Maybe someone sees it the other way around, or sees you both displaying such a quality in places, but there is at least one person who sees this in a way which is the complete opposite of the way you see it, open your fucking eyes[, man].
>>
>>9464299
But yohji, CCP, and Ann are relatively well known on /fa/, least that's how it used to be
>>
>>9464299
ah yes, thank you. pretty much this.
>>
>>9464368
that's what I mean. how it used to be.

>the /fa/shionistas of today have no depth.
>>
>>9464549
Yohji-san will always be in my heart.
>>
>>9464549
lol fuck off, you think /fa/ suddenly doesn't know about any of those three? None of them are unknowns or any harder to discover than Rick is on here.

You're coming off as one of those "muh oldfags" people who have barely been here a year themselves.
>>
>>9464563
k
>>
i want to purchase an 'entry level' ricky piece but most of the cheaply available ones are sleeveless tank tops, which i dont normally wear anyway

should i try and purchase a tshirt with sleeves, or give the tank top a try? i think i would prefer a sleeved tshirt, but finding them for resale is hard
>>
>>9464980
get a sleeved shirt, only if you have the body for it though, if you have >13% bodyfat Rick won't work for you
>>
i dont know whose side of the argument id be taking but i dont think ccp is basic in any sense of the term. even among esoteric fashion bros his clothes are a terminal point, and when they aren't, theyre a penultimate step. before harnden, for example

the guy puts titanium joints into his clothes ffs
>>
>>9464980

buy a jacket
>>
>>9464991
basic as in "famous modern designer which forms the base of the first modern designers you get to know of". not basic in terms of design, or cost.
>>
>>9464991
His stuff isn't basic at all, and it's not like he's super well known in general. But on here he is talked about quite a lot.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (32KB, 572x224px)
Untitled.jpg
32KB, 572x224px
>>9464988
is this ok? i dont know how accurately i measured my hips

>>9464996
yeah if i win a lottery
>>
>>9465229
9/10 change it's wrong but it doesn't matter, don't listen to that dude, just get a shirt if you want one. If you need something cheap or if you're unsure about how it suits you, consider purchasing second hand. Just don't let the sellers rip you off.
>>
Can soft as fuck baby faced white boys stop buying Rick. The fb Rick bst group is full of the most embarrassing looking members who probably spend their time bitching about hip hop ruining their Rick. You think Rick wants you faggots wearing his shit over actually cool and attractive people. smh
>>
>>9465269
fair enough
could you recommend a more accurate calculator? im interested to know now
>>
>all this pseudo-intellectual ironic hipster circle-jerking
you guys do realize this is a thread about rick owens, not other designers right?
>>
>>9465533
>the /fa/shionistas of today have no depth. Rick is fuccboi-tier for those who want to look cool and somewhat salient but have no real knowledge of modern fashion in general. there are so many other good designers out there, but I guess most of you are just lazy or something.

>hides thread
>>
>>9464082
An artist is not defined by his fans.
>>
>>9465363
Without at the very least a nine site skinfold test you won't get an accurate result
>>
>>9465560
rick's tailoring, especially on his shirts and shirts with modal is tight but unless you're a gigantic blob man it will fit tts or size up for a comfy fit.

Dude who was asking, go for it, but beware the arm-scythes are tight when you're putting it on. Most of them are semi-transparent too. The ones made of silk usually arent tho
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.