[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why are you so overdressed Anon? >Why can't you just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: 1422584204376.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422584204376.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>Why are you so overdressed Anon?
>Why can't you just wear crocs or sandals like the rest of us?
>You look like a rich asshole in those clothes.
>Why spend so much money on clothes, are you retarded or something?
>Girls: You spend so much time on your appearance, are you seriously that vain and incompetent or are you just gay?

w-what do i say to these sort of comments? Everyone at my college campus just walks around in board shorts, singlets and thongs and constantly gives me shit for doing things like wearing button-up shirts.

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Stop hanging out with shit people.
>>
Stop giving a fuck what the plebs say
Real /fa/ggots will respect you
Somewhat
Not really
The metaphor is there somewhere
>>
>>9443428
Honestly though where the hell do you go to college that nobody wears a button up? Aren't there at least bros wearing the same cookie cutter bro button downs?
>>
File: 1422432249410.jpg (29KB, 600x579px)
1422432249410.jpg
29KB, 600x579px
>in college
>no car
>living with parents
>$1000+ sneakers
>>
>>9443439
These are all fiscally responsible decisions
>>
>>9443444
The first three yeah
>>
>>9443411
I'm not. This is what I feel like wearing casually

>Why can't you just wear crocs or sandals like the rest of us?
I don't like the way they look/feel

>You look like a rich asshole in those clothes
You shouldn't project your insecurities onto other people. It isn't polite

If I have to spend more money on clothes that I like I'll do it. I don't see why how I spend my money is any of your business

>Girls: You spend so much time on your appearance, are you seriously that vain and incompetent or are you just gay?
Just call them fuccbois. And let them think you're gay. It's better than dating them

Just call them all fuccbois. Who needs them? Also go to a better school where being slightly more clothed than naked won't get you persecuted. Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>9443446
So is paying appropriate money for quality sneakers that will last a lifetime instead of $30 for a pair that will fall apart in no time
>>
>>9443453
lel what a victim
>>
>>9443453
The difference in $30 sneakers and $1000 is huge yeah.
The difference in ~$150 and $1000 is minimal in most cases.
There is nothing wrong with spending $1000 on sneaks, but it is not the most fiscally responsible decision.
>>9443450
Best advice in bread
>>
>>9443459
>being poor

:V
>>
>>9443450
I currently go to the University of Wollongong, which is basically a fucking shit university in a poor area.

Everyone i live with seems to be from rural areas or the country too, which explains their attitudes.
>>
>>9443466
OP all you had to say was that you lived in Australia
>>
>>9443466
Alex?
>>
File: 656097-shane-merrett.jpg (51KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
656097-shane-merrett.jpg
51KB, 650x366px
>>9443466
>Wollongong

I live in Sydney, but i am familiar with the area and the university. People tend to dress like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 634x1034px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 634x1034px
I dress exactly like this, except my boots are the SLP biker boots in tan suede and I've been called insecure more than once for "being into fashion"
>>
>>9443411
>hanging out with plebs

that what your first mistake
>>
>>9443471
you deserve it
>>
>>9443466
>straya

I feel like a lot of Australians just have something very wrong with them in general. Sorry OP but you might be fucked on this one. Try not to cause too much of a stink if you want a social life. If not then fuck them. They're pricks anyway and only other pricks like them
>>
>>9443471
>someone calling u insecure to ur face

where does this even happen
>>
>>9443477
In Australia, most likely coming from someone else who is extremely insecure.
>>
>>9443453
No sneakers will last a life time. They're sneakers, they're meant to be casual sneakers worn a few years at most.

Even the most expensive pair of sneakers will wear out within a few years of normal wear
>>
>>9443411
It sounds like you're trying to be somebody you're not. You're not dressing for your context. So people comment on how out of place you look.

It's you're problem, not there's. Start dressing more to your age and your environment. That doesn't mean you have to dress like shit, but definitely take things down a notch. When you dress le mfa dadcore style in your dumpy australian university in summer you will rightfully get weird looks and dumb comments.

It's not their fault, it's yours.
>>
>>9443477
Welcome to straya
>>
File: 1360092884202.jpg (56KB, 682x770px) Image search: [Google]
1360092884202.jpg
56KB, 682x770px
>American
>Living in Bongland
>Get compliments regularly on my fits
>I LOVE THOSE SHOES(thank you Tom Ford) I LOVE THAT COAT (thank you Paul Smith) THAT GUY KNOWS HOW TO PEACOCK (Thank you Margiela) I LOVE THOSE JEANS (thank you April77)
>Respond
>OH MY GAWD YOU'RE AMERICAAAAAN
>start imitating my accent and asking me why I'm living in this shit country
I should really use my foreignness as a vagina slaying tool. Too bad I'm more of a stay in the house type(thank you 4chan).
>>
>>9443471
You are in bad luck OP, you go to college with white trash.
That place sounds poor and stupid as fuck, and thats the kind of people that want you to be as them.
>>
File: 1422707455438.jpg (238KB, 1000x658px) Image search: [Google]
1422707455438.jpg
238KB, 1000x658px
thanks god I live in italy I can wear anything I want cuz we are an open-minded country and know about fashion, not like americucks
>>
>>9443803

lel go2
>nyc
>la
>miami
>chicago

not everywhere is boise
>>
>>9443411
lel they're just fucking jelly. starting from the moment to where they disrespect you for no reason at all they don't deserve your attention.
>>
>>9443411
>are you seriously that vain

Yes. Yes I am that goddamn vain.
>>
File: prep.jpg (261KB, 1280x850px)
prep.jpg
261KB, 1280x850px
>>9443509
Dressing casual-prep should not warrant this sort of aggressive reaction though. It's not like i'm wearing a fucking tie and blazer.
>>
>>9444325
>dressing like that
>dressing like that in a poor area with rural people

Yeah m8, you deserve the gripe you get. Transfer to Sydney Uni (St Johns campus preferably) or start dressing like the locals.
>>
>>9444325
>boat shoes
gross
>>
>>9444325
>PREP
>PREP
>PREP
you're in a poor area OP like what the fuck do you expect? Also noone actually dresses prep outside of the ivy league you moron, you fell for the troll.
>>
>>9444325

This guy is 100% gay
>>
>"howdy cowboy"
>"You dress like ducky. I love ducky."
>"swag"
Most heard comments regarding my clothes.
>>
File: 1414545556938.jpg (37KB, 490x426px) Image search: [Google]
1414545556938.jpg
37KB, 490x426px
>>9444426
Why cant this be the norm?
WHY CANT WE HAVE NICE THINGS?
>>
>>9444325
Dressing prep when you aren't rich is try-hard as fuck
>>
Just dismiss them like it's insulting they even asked such a stupid question. Stand your ground. Don't crumble like a beta or else they're justified in asking.
>>
>>9443411
I don't overdress. The only button ups I wear to school are denim or hawaiian. I have a grey oxford and a couple button down collar casual shirts that I could, but I don't.
>>
>>9444440
bears cant wear clothes irl
>>
>>9444468

Fuck, that's true.
>>
>>9444440
Yuh gotta dress to suit your environment.
>>
>>9443411
lol inb4 ridicule, but i do kinda hate feeling to put together, and 'outfity', i feel way more comfortable when i look i'm not trying very hard. but at the same time i wanna look good.
>>
>>9444503
altho to my shame, a lot of the time i probably end up looking like i'm trying hard and looking bad at the same time, a lot of the time, which is as bad as it gets.
>>
>>9444325
>long sleeves
>short shorts

fucking dropped
>>
>>9443411
>REEEEEEEEEE

Gave yourself away Robot, you're not a /fa/ggot.
>>
>>9444358
Almost nobody in ivies dresses prep
>>
>>9443509
>you're the problem
>conform to their wishes
o i am laffin
>>
>>9443685

Do these fucking europeans really say it like that?

"OY M8 UR AMERICAN????"
>>
>>9443509
This OP. Exactly this. I did the same shit & toned it down. Noticed the difference immediatly .
>>
>>9443411
nobody says that

wtf, who calls anyone else "incompetent" outside of a workplace scenario
>>
>>9443471
>slp
>into fashion

nah, youre just a little trendy whore
>>
>>9444556
See >>9444517

It's made up, didn't happen. OP is a pathetic loser.
>>
>>9443918
>miami
>ellay

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAH
>>
>>9444558
for you :p
>>
>>9444534
Yep. Every single one of the 742 million Europeans on this planet greet Americans with a lower-class British accent.
>>
>>9443471
i would just call you a poofter
>>
>>9443411
I'm a very open person, yet shy. I tell people all kinds of personal stuff, kind of to make sure people "get" me right. So back in school I had these friends (mostly female), they were pretty bland and I got along with them. I told them everything about me, even the most embarrassing stuff, they totally knew me. At some point they would just know exactly what I'd say etc. However, after school I tried to turn my life around a little. I was unhappy, a little fat, clothed horribly and my anxiety was paralysing at times. So I lost a lot of weight, bought better clothes etc. I realised that while my outer appearance wasn't everything, it sure was a lot. It changed how people approached me and how I looked at myself.

Anyway, one day I was in a bar with my old friends and they told me exactly stuff like that. I was superficial, I was this, I was that, I changed so much etc. They slowly tried to make me what I used to be, their little pet friend of sorts. And I don't know what exactly happened, but I completely lost my shit. I stood up, smashed my bottle on the table, and just started yelling at them. "What makes you think that I can't change? Stop telling me who to be! Just because everybody moves on without you doesn't mean that you are better than them!" etc, stuff like that, called them "Losers" and "ignorant" and so forth. I left some money and just went home. I'm not sure whether I regret this, I can't remember ever exploding like that again. They just sat there with their watery eyes wide open and didn't say a thing. Never talked to them again, nothing. Looking back, they really were losers though.
>>
>>Why can't you just wear crocs or sandals like the rest of us?

nobody has said that ever
>>
>>9444381
might not be the board for you if that bothers you...
>>
>>9443453
mate i own rick sneakers and whilst they are good quality they won't last a lifetime and i probably wont wear them when i am middle aged
you buy them because you like them, end of
>>
>>9444800
Haha fuck em, they do sound like losers honestly. There's no problem dressing nicely unless you're one of those 'Don't touch my coat, it's worth more than ur mum m8' people.
>>
>>9444800
well maybe they liked the old you and had good memories
>>
>>9444325
/fa/'s all like "we only dress FOUR OURSELFS"
but then when somebody says they dress prep in somewhere where it doesn't fit in
>FUCKIN PLEB GET THE FUCK OUT YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THAN US LMAO AT YOUR LIFE HHAHA! WEARIN FUCKIN PREP WOW
>>
If someone I know does it I just tell them to shut up without coming off as a total asshole. If it's a random I just tell them to fuck off, even if it's a compliment I just take it and try to drop the subject immediately.

Who cares. The only thing that concerns me about it is wasting my time out with friends while having to justify what I'm wearing.
>>
>>9443411
This is what I like to wear
>>Why can't you just wear crocs or sandals like the rest of us?
Cause those look like shit, and I dont want to look like idiots like the rest of you
>You look like a rich asshole in those clothes.
Id rather look rich than poor like you
I spend my money on clothes I like so I can look good. Why do you like wearing such shitty clothes?
If you spent more time on your appearance maybe a guy would actually want to fuck you

The key is to not give a fuck about what others think
>>
>>9444426
kek
>>
>>9444440
bottom right fit is siqq
>>
my clothing doesnt look expensive, i just buy decent quality clothing i think looks good and try my best to make it all fit together, so i dont get these questions. not to say i don't spend a lot on clothes, but you're doing it wrong if you appear overdressed
>>
>>9444948
Acting like an aggressive cunt who's clearly mad at the slightest provocation is going to do wonders for your social life friend.

When people call you out on your clothes, yes they do sort of do it out of insecurity and egocentrism but mostly it's just to poke fun or out of curiousity because it's not something they're adjusted to. Mostly normal human beings aren't actually "offended" you dress different or anything like that. There's no need to start a fight over it.

Hell I used to do the same shit in high school and the like but I never meant any harm by it. I mean I realize now that it really does take courage to suddenly change your clothes in front of everyone and how much effort someone might put in their clothes and how my comments were demeaning their efforts. But most people don't really have that perspective.

Anyway my point is, stop being a bitchboi and brush it off. Don't act passive agressive over pointless shit and understand other people's perspectives. You don't have to "agree" with them and don't need to correct them, just acknowledge it and behave accordingly.
>>
>>9444993
>Acting like an aggressive cunt who's clearly mad at the slightest provocation is going to do wonders for your social life friend.

How is standing up for yourself make you an aggressive cunt? Do you just let people walk all over you?
>When people call you out on your clothes, yes they do sort of do it out of insecurity and egocentrism but mostly it's just to poke fun or out of curiousity because it's not something they're adjusted to. Mostly normal human beings aren't actually "offended" you dress different or anything like that. There's no need to start a fight over it.
If theyre joking then yeah you should just laugh and not start a fight. But if they call you and insecure rich asshole, then call stand up for yourself and dish their shit back at them
>>
Honestly if people call you out on your clothing it's probably because you don't look confident in what you're wearing. If you rock the fuck out of your fits, whatever it is people won't call you out on it.
>>
>>9443411
Post a fit OP, I really want to know why everyones so mad
>>
File: 1406843057369.png (117KB, 391x408px) Image search: [Google]
1406843057369.png
117KB, 391x408px
>>9443509
why should he tone it down though? I mean, it probably will end the questioning but OP should wear whatever he wants.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.