[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having a particular "style"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Does anyone here actually stick to a particular theme/style that you feel properly expresses yourself?

Or are most of you like me, where I just focus more on particular outfits and specific pieces that look good.

In other words, is anybody's wardrobe really all techwear pieces, or all palewave pieces, or all street fashion pieces, or, I don't know, all preppy pieces?

Or, do you guys end up looking differently everyday? Like how I'll sometimes dress in all black, and then the following day I'll suddenly show up in a navy anorak, hemmed wool pants, and a pair of slip-ons or something.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>9420376

curious about this. I'm pretty much the same as you op
>>
I try and stick to a particular set of colors and textures, that way I can dress in a few different styles whilst still remaining myself I guess.

With a white t-shirt you can make a well-dressed and smart outfit or you can use it for b/w edgy shit (as an example).
>>
>>9420376
Generally all black techwear / "comfy core" depending on the occasion / weather - it's an accurate reflection of my interests and don't make any style deviations
>>
>>9420376
I have my style, but it doesn't exist in vacuum exactly, I get new ideas I incorporate and with time I drop some other things etc.
Streetwear basically, influences range so much it would be silly to post them all but I guess I'm heavily influenced by skateboarding.
>>
I feel like sticking with a certain aesthetic makes some claims about preference that I'm not comfortable sticking with so I go for a wide variety of pieces. I like to have options within a genre of clothing, but I often try to have a very diverse set of aesthetic options.
>>
>>9420376
I have two styles

One is the classic rugged white guy, denim, boots, white tee, denim denim denim, henleys, occasional white v neck. I try to mix in techwear when applicable as well.

The other is 90s sportswear. I have the air command forces from white men can't jump and a bunch of other colorful shit.

Both express me because I'm a masculine guy, I lift weights, I hunt, I like classic country especially outlaw like willie nelson and waylon jennings, my family owns a cattle ranch, I own 7 guns.

And the 90s sportswear because I like dad rap like mobb deep and too short.
>>
I didn't for a long time, but in the last 3-4 months I've really fallen into this weird grungey, postmodern grandma kind of thing. It really stems from being interested in a range of weird textures, earthy and/or washed out colours, and buying only a few really high quality pieces and filling in with interesting thrift store stuff.

I guess you could call it Japanese streetweaer, but that's such a broad term.
>>
>>9420376

I dress all preppy/collegiate/academic, all the time

I have my everyday fits, but I even go to the gym in a white sports polo by Lacoste, navy shorts, white tennis shoes - or I sleep in my uni sweatpants with the crest on and shit

I expect once I leave uni I'll go into law/the City so can't wait to get my shit on with Savile Row bespoke as well
>>
>>9420376

My wardrobe, although small, has a lot of variation among the pieces and I mostly try to mesh them together, so in drawing from lots of different styles I create my own that's recognizable as mine.
>>
>>9420376
I just throw clothes randomly together that seem to look good together.

I like being colorful but not tumblrcore-colorful.
also I don't like dressing all black at all. I don't know why that appeals so much to some of you. I feel like the older one gets, the less appealing this color becomes for clothing.
>>
I wouldn't say I look drastically different from day to day, but I definitely have outfits that border more on a different style. It's somewhere between heritage/workwear and streetwear, and it often flows depending on the season. Essentially I'll wear more streetwear in the warmer months and workwear in the winter. Half of that is due to necessity from the weather. I have a handful of pieces that can struggle to work into my general wardrobe, but I occasionally buy things because I really liked them, even if they aren't my style. The only thing that is really different is that I wear silly euro cycling stuff when I'm biking for a day (or biking to my day job, since I have to change there anyway). I would wear nicer techwear stuff, but I sweat a lot and ride really hard, so I tend to blow through cycling clothing fast.
>>
>a thread with a genuinely interesting fashion-related topic
>anons having civil, normal discussion about fashion

what the fuck /fa/
>>
I'd say I have as style, although it'd be hard for me to describe it using the terms /fit/ is used to. Lots of black techwear (like an earlier anon), as well as black sportswear, and a few (again black) standard indie pieces.

Outside of that core of items, I plan to purchase specific outfits that are needed at specific but infrequent occasions. Such as smart dress/slacks combo for formal shmoozing at networking events.
>>
I don't have a certain way of style I follow. I mostly base my outfits off of my shoes though. And it just so happens that my entire closet consists of mostly just black, navy, grey or dark maroons.
>>
File: 1403384175770.jpg (64KB, 435x600px) Image search: [Google]
1403384175770.jpg
64KB, 435x600px
Wardrobe focus has many dependencies.

I own mostly techwear and keep a focus on dark shades of practical urban clothes. The weather is real shit here and you look like a joke when you are wearing a fit that will cause you to freeze your ass off solely for the sake of looks. Good techwear, in my opinion, is the crossroad of modern fashion and practicality.
It is also much more subtle in appearance. I don't really like when clothes define personality.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.