[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/, which brand should I cop for mens dress boots? Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: product.jpg (39KB, 450x341px) Image search: [Google]
product.jpg
39KB, 450x341px
/fa/, which brand should I cop for mens dress boots?
Is there any cheap option?

Also, as I have to try them on first, I can't buy online but will have to stick with brands available in stores.
>>
>>9411580
JCP stafford wingtip boot or deacon. Dappered has a review you can get them for $50 easy. Btw the boots in your pic look like shit. leather has ample amounts of horrible creasing on the quarter with no wear. Also I think buying cheap footwear is a bad idea usually.
>>
>>9412574

I've seen the deacon boots in person, the leather does look and feel fairly plasticky. never buy cheap shoes, but do buy expensive when discounted

allen edmonds seconds would be a good option, they have a sale on them right now. it's a bit of gamble with them though, you could get something with a very small visual defect, or you could get mismatched colours on the boots
>>
File: crockett and jones coniston.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
crockett and jones coniston.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
The good quality options: Alden, John Lobb, Crocket and Jones
>>
>>9412776

alden's been riddled with QC problems recently. they're the wolverine 1000 mile of the dress shoes; riddled with QC and overpriced
>>
>>9412750
OP this guy is right. Also I am a fag for saying this, but reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt is a good place to learn about quality footwear.
Also I suggested the deacon cause it seems this guy doesn't really care about footwear and just needs it for a job or something and it is better than what 80% of normies deem nice.
>>
Check these.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockport-Mens-Trudell-Dress-Chukka/dp/B0027IQFE8

Best pair of shoes I've eer owned, probably 70 bucks brand new. Three years later and they look pretty decent.
>>
>>9412785
QC?
>>
>>9413982
Quality Control.
>>
>>9412776
>Crocket and Jones
these look the very best. i also imagine their price is steep as fuck.

>>9413700
nah, i'd rather skip squared shoes. I like only round /pointy round.

Now the thing is, where to find all these. Are these brands usually available at dep't stores?
>>
>>9414060
depends what kind of city you live in. Also what is your price range?
>>
>>9414148
I don't live in the US.
Price range may be irrelevant as the US$ cost of shoes is different overseas.
>>
>>9413700
Ugly really ugly. Would work if you're a mall cop though- relatively cheap,black to hide scuffs(and blood), and rubber sole for traction.
>>
>>9414153
If euro try meermin, carmina,trickers(much more English styling).
Really though try a post on /r/goodyearwelt the fags there are helpful. Maybe provide some pictures of shoes you like and definitely include your price range and the environment you are going to use these in. They know their shit.
>>
>>9414180
Also those three names are by no means correct or useful to an expert. It's just that those three have offerings less than $500 that will last a long time-with good care,always with good care. Please read some of the resources and guides on goodyearwelt. I don't want you to spend 350 and then ruin your shoes in a year by wearing them everyday.
>>
File: image1xl.jpg (27KB, 290x370px) Image search: [Google]
image1xl.jpg
27KB, 290x370px
Try some hugo boss boots

Eitheir from their website or amazon

>pic related as example
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9412574
Pic related are mine, they're 2 years old. I only wear them when it's snowy/slush out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.