[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>caring about brands >ever >Not just caring about how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

>caring about brands
>ever
>Not just caring about how it looks
You're playing into exactly what the corporations want
The idea that an identical piece of clothing can be more "Fashionable" because it's bran name is fucking retarded. That doesn't make it more fashionable, that makes it more expensive. This shit gets even more retarded when people shit on logo T-shirts then wear literal logo t-shirts that are branded.
>>
>>9209069
word
>>
>>9209069
*tips fedora*

you sound like me when i was a high school 'punk'
>>
>>9209078
I'm not "punk" at all. Valuing brand name clothing just because it's brand name and devaluing non-brand-name clothing just because it isn't brand name is absolutely retarded. You're attaching asthetic value to a name that does nothing but add itself and extra 0's to the price tag.
>>
File: 56259_Skylar1_123_489lo.jpg (3MB, 3176x4408px) Image search: [Google]
56259_Skylar1_123_489lo.jpg
3MB, 3176x4408px
>>9209069
skinny girls really pull off baggy sweat pants though
>>
>>9209082
Skinny girls pull anything off
>>
>>9209069
>>9209069
>Check out this girl in these FUCT™ Champion™ Sweatpants in her Nikes™
>But I hate brands, I am the 99%
>>
>>9209081
and you're oversimplifying the situation
>Valuing brand name clothing just because it's brand name and devaluing non-brand-name clothing just because it isn't brand name is absolutely retarded.
this is why brands like pyrex vision weren't taken seriously on /fa/ at all. there's more to brands than a logo. grouping all branded clothing together into a pile like that is just stupid. and i was more comparing you to when i was a child, which is why punk was in quotes

if you don't wear brands, what do you wear? fruit of the loom? undershirts? i don't understand. what about name brand clothing that isn't heavily branded?
>>
File: d.jpg (714KB, 1050x570px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
714KB, 1050x570px
>>9209069

this is what previous level ppl think

i'm on that metamodernism

you're on that just-discovered-urbanoutfitters-and-living-in-2000late-core
>>
What if I buy branded clothes because I like how they look?

I'm totally with you on basic prep shit like Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Fred Perry etc.

But say if you like certain designer pieces, there isn't really any other alternatives.
Those pieces are often also made out of high quality and will last pretty much your entire life if you treat them right.
I own a few expensive pieces that I really like and wear pretty much everyday, they've become a part of who I am and since I'm living in these clothes it's nice to know that they're genuine and that they'll last.

I prefer quality over quantity, I try to keep my wardrobe as small as possible. I don't really care if there's a piece slightly better looking than mine, I've grown a certain appreciation for the ones that I own.
And I think that once you've grown comfortable in the clothes you own, you've created a aesthetic, something that people can associate you with.
I'm not saying you should go and put on a scorpion jacket and drive around with toothpicks in your mouth (but if that's your thing, go for it)

Hopefully you get the idea.
>>
File: a neutrino bomb, morty.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
a neutrino bomb, morty.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>>9209117
I never, ever, ever said that you shouldn't wear brands or that all brands are bad. Ever. I just said that valuing a certain brand's clothing over another brand's JUST BECAUSE IT IS THAT BRAND (read: people shitting on knockoffs or "off-brand") is retarded.

10/10 for reading comprehension, though. I never once said that brands are bad.
>>
>>9209069
u g h
this post makes me physically ill
shut up and dont ever post here again
>>
>>9209154
buying and wearing fakes is one of the worst things you could ever do
>>
>>9209158
>>9209174

good argument :^)
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. If it looks the EXACT same, and the quality isn't so much worse that it falls apart immediately, who cares?
>>
>>9209069
brand goes hand in hand with quality you fucking commie idiot
>>
>>9209118
dat Young Stephen Harper on the left
>>
>>9209178
Welcome to /fa/. These niggers reblog self-harm Tumblr pics and smoke cigarettes because the internet told them to.
>>
>>9209178
well, you can wear fakes, pirate all the music, and never pay for a film... if we have to explain why this is bad for all of us at the end you are retarded.
>>
>>9209178
Fakes potentially take money out of the pockets of the innovators of fashion. That's the problem.
>>
>>9209158
Forget to take your SSRI today?
>>
I completely agree with you , OP
But still, I will buy some Fred Perry's and Lacoste someday, it's still okay to buy expensive brands from time to time
>>
>>9209178
it wont look the "exact same" because its not constructed the same dumbass
>>9209158
moody teenage tumblr girl? triggered??
>>
>>9209069
dam shes hot
>>
>>9209154
i'm the guy you quoted
>(read: people shitting on knockoffs or "off-brand") is retarded.
but fakes are shit quality, and there are plenty of reasons to value one brand over another beyond brand loyalty
>hurrdurr reading comprehension argument
ironically i never said what you claimed i said. sorry if my questions at the end rustled your jimmies. maybe you should consider your own reading comprehension skills
>>9209178
>If it looks the EXACT same, and the quality isn't so much worse that it falls apart immediately, who cares?
have you considered that i care? as someone who is interested in fashion, i care about having high quality clothes? also, by paying money for the clothes that i like, i am encouraging that lablel/designer to put out more clothes (that i will presumably like) as opposed to just throwing money into some faceless behemoth? someone post the cost of fast fashion shit, it's interesting

lots of brands produce things that are much higher quality than generic. mall brands are a notable exception, so if you only shop at the mall it would result in these sperglord beliefs
also see
>>9209132
>>9209118
second post is funny in addition to probably being true
>>
I like to play a game in my head, thinking what I would give up for an hour of sweaty sex with Adrianne Cho.

My left arm? My testicles? My future? My life?
>>
>>9209178
implying some people do not buy some products of some brands because they know some brands will have particularly good fabrics/constructing of clothing pieces
you're fucking dense mate
>>
>>9209313
Do you actually own any designer pieces or are you just parroting what you hear in this board to defend the interest you have in fashion as a hobby?
>>
>>9209321
not him, but you would be surprised how many people here do. the waywt is often shit but there are plenty of lurkers with designer shit

i used to write off legitimate points like you're currently doing.. and then i started buying nicer clothes. and then i very quickly stopped wearing almost all of my old clothes, because i learned what it meant to have clothes that aren't shitty

common projects are a great example. they were my first designer-tier sneaker. i believed that the quality would be better than my other shoes, but there was no way for me to understand how huge the quality gap was without owning the shoes
>>
>>9209321
i actually do own designer pieces, yes, but i doubt you do.
my hobby is not fashion, nor is it for many people here. almost nobody watches new releases, knows any designers, they just want to dress well.
>>
>>9209158
Maybe you aren't a special snowflake?
>>
>>9209274
You are an idiot, printed and plain tees are just tees at the end of the day, same goes for every single soft garment, if it's a good replica it will be exactly the same, all the shit is made in China at some point anyway. Buying designer things serves nothing to an individual that looks shit in normal stuff, and expects m-muh high quality pieces to do the job of making you look good, they won't, they really really won't. Hardgoods on the other hand they gotta be the real shit or nothing as quality matters on accessories
>>
Brands aren't bad in the way that I usually know what I'm buying and whether it's quality or not. I saw two coats yesterday, one by NAF NAF and the other by Helene Berman. I couldn't tell but I immediately knew which one was made out of wool and cashmere solely by the brand name and sure enough, when I checked the NAF NAF one it was 100% polyester while HB was mostly wool and cashmere.

It's a stupid example because you have good coats made out of polyester but a brand name mostly tells about the quality and fit.

Of course if you buy something "designer" you ARE mostly paying for the name and looks, not quality, because there's a limit to how much something should cost if you apply common sense. But I don't think that the people buying Chanel, Rick or Michael Kors care much about quality because they use it to express themselves rather than out of necessity.

That isn't to say that brands don't serve a purpose, though - if I buy a bag from my local leatherworker with the name "Manual Co." embedded on the bag, I know where the leather comes from and I know that it's good quality, and that's its purpose for me. Nobody else knows where it's from, sure, but unless you're a nouveau riche teenage girl or the son of a Russian oligarch nobody really needs to.
>>
>>9209544
>your entire post

jesus christ. please stop posting if you don't know anything about fashion, thank you.
>>
>>9209544
Come on, dude. You really believe there's no difference in quality?
>>
>>9209118
>not being post nihilist

dam it's like yr living in the present man
>>
fuck off fag i wear full SLP and I'm miles better than your poor self
>>
>>9209089
The skinny ones are too weak to pull me off.
>>
>>9209661
trust SLP fags to fuck up a perfectly good debate
>>
>>9209069
Whats her name/instagram?
>>
>>9209089
That's so true. Girls have it so easy, they don't even know.
>>
File: 316034-800w.jpg (73KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
316034-800w.jpg
73KB, 700x1050px
>>9209178
I guess it's all about self-portraiting and pride.
Wearing off brand isn't bad, on the other hand wearing fakes is plain shit.
>>
>>9209089
Not clothes that are made for thick asses.
>>
I agree with you to an extent. But it depends.

Believe it or not there are brands out there (more grass roots or independent) that have an underlying reason why they create the clothing that they do.

The only real brand name I buy would be Nike. Not because it's the "cool" brand but I find that a lot of their shoes actually have a better build quality than most that I've come across.
>>
>>9209078
Rule 1 of Punk:
"If it ain't cheap, it ain't punk"
>>
Just go to fucking goodwill I got a polo button down that was probably never worn from there for like 3$
>>
>>9209856
yeah for real, you can find hella good shit at thrift shops. Honestly since it's so cheap I just pull everything off the racks that is my size and buy whatever fits nice. It's good for expanding thine wardrobe, plus if it isn't good for ya you spent very little money and helped a good cause (in many cases). Got a dope bomber, a nice shirt, and the perfect pair of nuthuggers (which is hard to find, being a 30x34 lanket) today for 15 bucks.
>>
Wrong board op
>>>/ktt/
>>>/TUMBLR/
>>>/basic bitch forum/
>>
>>9209118
Still hoping someone comes up with a better term than Metamodernism.
>>
>>9209154
I'm going to disagree here. Now, I'm not devoted to a particular brand personally. but to me, I see it like people who are diehard ernest hemingway fans, for example and only want to read his books. or ppl who worship quentin tarantino and only want to see his movies. Theres ppl like that. In their defense, some brands DO fit certain ppl better than others, so if a person wants to wear lacoste from head to toe, because he likes how that particular brand fits his lanky frame, then so be it. some ppl have that kind of brand allegiance. lets fave it, with some brands you know you are going to get a certain level of "quality" .
>>
>>9209681
fucking kek
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.