[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I getting anywhere? Have bought some pieces and havn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: wardrobe.jpg (1MB, 4208x3888px) Image search: [Google]
wardrobe.jpg
1MB, 4208x3888px
Am I getting anywhere? Have bought some pieces and havn't bought others yet

most of these aren't the exact pieces, but same style of item/colour

any advice?
>>
none of these are really what i would call "pieces" as they're all basics. that doesn't mean that they're bad. in fact, assuming everything fits decently well, you have now achieved what is variously called basic bitch core, casualcore, etc.

this is a solid foundation of basic clothes. if you make outfits with these clothes, all of your friends will think that you're dressing better. you'll be able to function more confidently in everyday life, and you'll eventually forget about clothes and stop worrying and just instinctively buy versatile, well-fitting, boring clothes. if you are attempting to improve your clothes as a means of social lubrication, you have gone as far as you can or should go.

however, if you start thinking about garments as textile art and if you start following and becoming interested in designers as artists and start 'copping pieces' and turning your wardrobe into a "highly unique selection of all black rick owens and raf semens" you will finally actually be "dressing for yourself". that being said, artisanal designer clothes are objectively superior in almost every way. however, if you move into this territory, the way you dress will no longer be social lubricant unless you surround yourself with urban artists who regularly sell abstract paintings with actual semen mixed into the paint for ten thousand dollars to yuppies.

what i'm trying to say is, if you just want to fit in and look good by most people's standards, stop where you are. if you crave something more, something that will become a vampire to not only your wallet but also your social life and self image, but you're willing to do it FOR AESTHETICS, then keep lurking.
>>
>>9206969
Second this.
>>
>>9206969

I'm not looking to go all black and experiment with silhouettes as much as /fa/ does, however I want to go for something a little more interesting.

I was thinking relatively classic, heritage basics. Including a lot of good quality knitwear, I'd like to keep to a relatively dark/monochrome theme (maybe with some inclusion of navy, brown, light blue - I think the colour spectrum APC uses throughout the seasons is simple, but not bright, i like that.)
thanks for the advice
>>
Have you bought the Carhartt jacket yet? My experience is that they use cheap materials and I would stay away from the WIP stuff.
>>
>>9206996
check out /r/mfa
>>
>>9206921
not bad
but I would of gone with some white somao addidas sneakers over the vans, much better quality
>>
>>9206921
Actually a pretty good start
>>
>>9207018
Really? Carhartt shit is durable. Although I don't know much about the wip stuff
>>
>>9207018

Yes, I've bought it. It's really good actually, perfect temperature for where I live. Its not as cool looking as say... a fishtail, but seemed like a safe choice for an outer layer and it keeps me warm
>>
The stuff I havn't bought yet is the two knitted sweaters - the aran knit and the cable knit. I'm not sure where to get a good quality, thick cable knit from (I would prefer cotton so I can wear without a t shirt if i wish), I think I will cop the aran knit from one of those irish aran jumper knitting websites, at risk of it having grandad proportions. I also havn't copped the denim shirt yet, think i'll just get one from asos marketplace.

Should I size up one on the sweaters? I always kind of thought it looks better...but might look awkward when it comes to layering. I like my flannels oversized too... I'm not sure why but every fit I see on MFA with a well fitting flannel just looks like shit tbh.
>>
>>9207018

Carhartt wips rain jackets are goat
>>
>>9207031

The vans are actually quite old, they're a little beat but I've got them to reasonable condition with cleaning products.

I was thinking about copping GATs as an alternative/future replacement but I kind of expect everyone will comment that they are walmart shoes or something IRL. Might buy some white leather converse or perhaps stan smiths? Or the ones you suggested, will check them out.
>>
Would anyone have any recommendations for changes/alterations to what I've got already?

I was thinking:

- Harrington or Bomber Jacket
- Black Corduroy shirt
- Fisherman's rib knit sweater
- some sort of footwear
>>
>>9207303
I got some suggestions/alterations:
- No Harrington/Bomber - they're a bit useless in the coming months and they might get even more played
-Dark Green Corduroy shirt instead - still fits with the dark and worky/streety vibe but more useful for just wearing open over one of the tops (+ helps stop too much blue) Uniqlo and Norse Projects both do good ones at low and high price points respectively
-Maybe consider a long-sleeve white ribbed shirt - a long sleeve without a collar would widen your options (because wool and short-sleeves = itchy) + sexy textures
>>
>>9207358

Thanks, will leave the bomber/harrington for the time being. I probably wouldn't use it much I guess having sweaters and a parka already.
Will check out some cord shirts - uniqlo one looks like a safe bet but i'll keep an eye out on ebay as well.
Could you give me an example of the long sleeved ribbed shirt? I'm not sure what you mean. Pure white does tend to look terrible on me though, I have a very pale complexion and it tends to make me look..unhealthy.
>>
>>9206921
are those all your jeans? could g for a nice darker indigo color since you have a light pair and black pair
>>
>>9207450

I do have some nudie skinny raws. I guess I was kind of trying to stay away from the MFA 'workwear' aesthetic. Since I already like flannels/denim shirts and big knitted jumpers, I figured adding in raws I'd be en route to the lumberjack look or something.
>>
I just copped this:

http://www.aransweatermarket.com/gents-knitwear/mens-merino-aran-sweater

in Derby. I already own one that was way too small so I'm giving it to my sister. construction is great, but size up one or two if you want it to fit like the picture.

Also 20% off with the code RMRS for the next week or so.
>>
>>9206969
Pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>9206921
don't be so fucking boring
>>
>>9208186

This was the exact website I was looking at actually! will cop one of these.
>>
>>9208341
Good stuff
>>
File: cream 2.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cream 2.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>9206921
ad brown, cream, burgundy, moss green...
they all go with your palette.

Just an idea for next cops:
cream shoes
moss green jacket
khakis
>>
>>9206921
W2C those stone wash jeans??? I really need some
>>
>>9207132
can recommend the 2014 vintage stans if u live in eu (not sure if they are sold in us??)
>>
>>9209394
Looks like an ASOS image
>>
>>9209394

topman
>>
>>9206921

navy sweater id?
>>
File: 1418594730834.jpg (433KB, 1099x2565px) Image search: [Google]
1418594730834.jpg
433KB, 1099x2565px
ID on these?
>>
>>9206996

> classic, heritage basics

Step your shoe game up then. /fa/ favors sneakers with everything, but adding brown/black boots gives you a lot of options.
>>
>>9209889
ID on a tee? Uniqlo? who cares
>>
>>9207018
What no man WIP stuff is still amazing quality. Buy it on sale if you feel its a bit overpriced, but I'm usually warm in my parka with just a tee on under. People have told me it looks thin but it's really warm.
>>
File: 1418639833569.jpg (744KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418639833569.jpg
744KB, 1920x1080px
>>9207028
You've been doing this for two days now, you're really starting to piss me off.
>>
>>9206921
Where did you get your tees and that denim shirt from? I'm referring to the ones in the pictures above
>>
>>9209889

t shirt not sure, flannel is vintage pendleton, jeans are topman grey skinny
>>
>>9209926

I find the WIP parka is the perfect temperature for where I live. The parkas that are packed with down would be too warm anytime except the middle of winter or with any sort of layers.
>>
>>9210001

I couldn't find a picture of the denim shirt I have and I couldn't be bothered to take one - it's just a random picture off google images.

Most of the t shirts in the pic are sunspel
>>
>>9209986
>anonymous
>you
what
>>
>>9206921
Got source for the dark green fishnit sweater? Looks super comfy
>>
>>9210066
>you

Yes, you. I'm watching you through the window faggot, I can see what you're posting, fucking quit it.
>>
>>9210253
kek
>>
>>9210250

was just off google images as well I'm afraid, since then I have found similar sweaters from arancrafts.com and aransweatermarket.com. They do a few different patterns and colours I think - I was going to go for charcoal
>>
>>9206969
where do you usually blog?
>>
>>9206921
got a link to the flannel op?
>>
>>9206969
>social lubrication
I kekked
>>
>>9207303
>>9206921
are you the guy i was talking to the other day (i suggested a cord shirt)?

seems like a pretty good start tbh, although as the other guy said, i'd probably avoid bombers/harringtons for the time being, as it'll be too cold until spring really
maybe a wool overcoat instead

footwear wise i'd go for something a little smarter, dm 1461 are the obvious suggestion but a black or brown leather or suede derby or brogue would be good
>>
File: fag enabler.jpg (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
fag enabler.jpg
9KB, 250x242px
looks like a good closet to me OP, just lose the fur
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.