[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most effay city? What city do you live in? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (37KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 620x372px
What's the most effay city?
What city do you live in?
How stylish is the average person in your city?
How accessible is designer clothing in your city?
>>
>>9180783
The most effay city is obviously Toronto
I live in Detroit
It's more white girls and other forms of basic bitches here than the hood rats and dudes wearing jordans but no one is really stylish
Designer clothing isn't that accessible in the city itself but there are a few nice malls if you're willing to drive
>>
>>9180842
how dangerous is detroit? legit question

are there gangsters carrying guns outside like in the ghetto parts of San Andreas?

how common are gang fights? has anyone ever tried to shoot you?
>>
>>9180853
I grew up on the east side which is the most "problematic" part but it's not nearly as bad as Brooklyn or Chicago or other places if no one in your family was "involved" it's obviously a rundown city and looks bad but you never heard gunshots in broad daylight like other places. I live downtown now so nothing really happens
>>
Tokyo
oklahoma city
if lv bags with northface jacket, leggings and ugg boots is stylish, then not very
rare, you literally have to search IRL
>>
>>9180897
>like in other places

In Detroit? Damn that must be scary. You should come to Toronto and we can hang out :)
>>
File: c.jpg (68KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
68KB, 1024x576px
copenhagen

people generally dress well here
a lot of good stores
>>
File: photo1.jpg (50KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
photo1.jpg
50KB, 604x453px
I live in Calverton, Nottingham.

It's just full of old people. The nice kind though.
>>
>>9180783
I don't know what the most /fa/ city is.
>>9180842
It's not Toronto.

I live in Toronto

The average person is probably a 6/10, depending where you are. We have a lot of immigrant nurses, shuffling around in sneakers and scrubs just like everywhere else. Among young people, they try to blend in. Luckily that means putting themselves together, but unluckily it means just buying the same pieces from H&M, Forever 21, wherever as everyone else.

Designer pieces are available but not accessible. Our buyers choose the worst things and prices are marked up. Most designer clothes generally appeal to the Asians on a student visa who buy things for the brand and middle-aged men/women who have earned money to afford it. That means that the pieces are usually overbranded (in a bad way) or very conservative (boring). Most buyers know that if someone really wanted to buy something, they could buy it online for cheaper or fly to New York a couple times per season to splurge.
>>
>>9180842
>toronto
LOL
montreal as far as canada goes, but probably sydney
>>
>>9181130
Can confirm. I am the only 10/10 in Toronto and probably in all of Canada as well.
>>
Paris
Miami
1/10
Very
>>
>>9181818
You could model toerings maybe
>>
>>9181902
Lel wrong thread
>>
>>9180853
I live in Detroit as well but I'm not that guy

it's fine. don't walk down dark alleys or do general dumb shit you wouldn't do in other cities. I'm generally fine walking around at night, just be careful.

never seen anyone just carrying like u say, gang fights, or been robbed.
>>
>>9181818
>I am the only 10/10
top kek
>>
Cities aren't effay, it's all about communes these days
>>
>>9180783
I think NYC is the most effay place, especially manhattan.

All cities are full of plebs, but some just have more patricians than others, and NYC is one of those places.

I lived in Chicago until I was 25 and it was a pretty cool place too, better imo than LA or San Fran or other US cities besides NYC. But we did have a lot of crime (I lived a lot on the south side) and I say several shootings, robberies, saw a 14 y.o get killed in a drive-by right next door to mine, lived right by an open-air drug market. Most of the city is nice though, but I was a poorfag and had to slum it in the ghetto
>>
It depends on what your background is, different people consider different things to be appealing.

I think the most fa city is either Tokyo or a nearby smaller Japanese city.
Japanese culture and history breeds humble and honorable people who have been more or less plagued by western products.
They are the most fa race and their clothes, lifestyle, and interactions are more fa than ours.
They also live longer so they have more time to pull off amazing grandpa fits.
>>
>>9182010
ok ken-sama
>>
>>9182010
l o l ok nerd
>>
>>9182010
fuck of weaboo trash
>>
>>9180922
Do you live in Copenhagen?
I'm beginning a semester abroad there soon, and I'm very excited. Any tips for a newcomer?
>>
>>9182117

Not that guy, but lived there for a while. Moving back pretty soon.

Get a bike, it's faster than pretty much anything.
Noerrebro can be a bit sketchy at night, try to stay away from there.
If you like weed, have an eye out for cops, they've stepped up their game. Especially around Christianshavn
If you are American, tell folks you're Canadian.
>>
>>9181794
>Sydney
Please, not even Melbourne?
>>
>>9182127
>If you're American, tell folks you're Canadian
How do they feel about Australians?
>>
>What's the most effay city?
Paris

>What city do you live in?
I live in LA, grew up in Orange County

>How stylish is the average person in your city?
not very, they try to be but they look awful, teenagers are tumblrcore and fuccbois, the adults are typical buttondown/trousers but every once in a while someone "stylish" pops up, oh and everyone owns and wears bomber jackets, even the homeless. Also see CP Achilles everywhere

>How accessible is designer clothing in your city?
Very, most rep weak HBA shit and been trill but I've seen a ton of Rick Owens, Givenchy, and Raf. Most designers have shops here as well so the resources are here.
>>
>>9180897
>Brooklyn
Damn I didn't know it was still the 90's
>>
montreal niggers
>>
>>9182010
Of all the cities I've visited, it is Tokyo. Sorry plebs, your American city sucks in comparison.
>>
I really enjoyed Melbourne

Auckland
A lot of variety, very distinct, imagine bernhard willhelm and Barbara I Gongini
International: Very limited for mens (Rick), excellent for womens (Rick, issey, ann d, haider, comme...)
Local: cool designers for all!
>>
>>9182223
Can confirm this. Lots of designers have their shops here. OC, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and DTLA tend to have the most fashion savvy rich folk as far as people on the street and designers strutting about. But LA is filled with many try hard types and tourists that clutter the scene. I find the most fashionable 'average' kids are usually the ones involved in the local music trends.
>>
>>9180913
YOOOOOOO WHAT PART OF OKLAHOMA?

im in stillwater and its shit tier uni kids
>>
>>9180842
dunno if you're still here anon but if you are/come back where do you usually shop in the SE MI area?
>>
>>9180897
Kek
Live in brooklyn just stroller moms and white hipsters, gentrified as fuck
Vegan restaurants, yoga studios, and boutiques.
Even the gangsters realized swindling white peoples money selling tofu burgers was more profitable than selling crack
>>
>>9181794
>Syndey
Lul, as far as Australia is concerned it's Melbourne for sure, but we can disregard Australia from this list because we're constantly 2 seasons behind
>>
>>9181818
>>9181130
What're some good shops in toronto?
>>
You're all fucking wrong. Its new delhi, that place is the /fa/ capital of the world. fucking 8/8 for everything.
>>
Wollongong
>>
>>9182416

>Even the gangsters realized swindling white peoples money selling tofu burgers was more profitable than selling crack

underrated
>>
Milan, Italy.
Only /fa/ during FW.
>>
>>9183216
Nah, Sutherland
>>
File: long-island-medium-season-two.jpg (31KB, 515x324px) Image search: [Google]
long-island-medium-season-two.jpg
31KB, 515x324px
Long Island, New York
4/10
People here are a bunch of Italian fatties that dress like shit, even in the Hamptons.
Any random fucker on the streets of NYC dresses 10x better than the most effay Long Island pleb.
>>
>>9180842
> The most effay city is obviously Toronto
Haha, very funny. I live in Vancouver atm, came to Canada a little less than a year ago, and I can tell you that Canada is, well, shite.

It's so fucking sterile, liberal, cuckold and NORMAL that it's insufferable. Imagine USA, but super politically correct, very polite, where everyone is afraid of expressing themselves etc., and you got Canada. And it is is north america too! No art, no music, CLUBS here are shit, it's like some OKcupid or tinder, but IRL and with drinks, I cant fucking wait until summer, August or so, to move to the Netherlands.

No wonder best post-rock bands are from Canada.
>>
>>9183201
>Indian

No amount of LE 9000 STOREY SKYSCRAPERS can compensate that, sorry, Rakesh
>>
>>9182725
Nomad is good but pricey, they have cps and other good stuff. there are a few other store you can check out in the fashion district, but I get most of my clothes from Value Village.
>>
Stockholm.

Very readily available: Filippa K, Acne, Norse Projects, Whyred, Nudie, Tiger of Sweden, Hope, Stutterheim.

Scandinavia is somewhat known for having well-dressed people in the streets, especially in the capitals.
>>
>>9182127
>If you are American, tell folks you're Canadian.
What are you talking about? I've never heard anyone hating someone just because they're American.

>Noerrebro can be a bit sketchy at night, try to stay away from there.
This is pretty much wrong. Like most of CPH, Norrebro is safe.
>>
>>9183489
>Scandinavia is somewhat known for having well-dressed people in the streets, especially in the capitals.

Reading claims like this makes me wonder how terrible people must dress in other parts of the world.
>>
>>9183515
They just have the money and their climate isn't super fucking harsh, hot or cold, doesnt matter, that's it.
>>
>>9180783
I've been through Denmark and Sweden. they're bretty good. Seoul is pretty /fa/ at the moment though
>>
File: hallahalla.jpg (449KB, 1280x2095px) Image search: [Google]
hallahalla.jpg
449KB, 1280x2095px
>>9180783
Live in Copenhagen, everyone is pretty much /fa/.
buildings are pretty much /fa/, life is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>9183623
Min selvsikkerhed daler en lille smule hver gang jeg er i Kobenhavn
>>
>>9180783
>What's the most effay city?
probably tokyo, might be cliché to say so but it really is
>What city do you live in?
portsmouth (UK, not one of those US stolen name cities)
>How stylish is the average person in your city?
5/10, mostly wear basics and the higher than average asian population due to the university boosts this up to acceptable levels
>How accessible is designer clothing in your city?
2/10, there's Gunwharf Quays which is a retail outlet but it stocks really meh stuff like Superdry and Penguin, I've only really been down for the Nike shop and the Hugo Boss store for leather goods
>>
>>9182117

I think I know you. Newcastle?
>>
>>9182251

What does the average person in Tokyo dress like? I know theres some really off the wall crazy shit...but I hear most people just dress like businessmen for work
>>
> What's the most effay city?
Every city has its charm ... There is no such thing as 'the most effay' city.
> What city do you live in?
Brussels, Belgium
> How stylish is the average person in your city?
Really depends in which part of the city. I really like the environment around the Dansaert, it has loads of nice shops and I often see cool people there. Most people have their own style with an edgy side, which really reflects the city.
> How accessible is designer clothing in your city?
There's quite a lot of cool stores in Brussels for example STIJL who stock all the big Belgian designers and Rick Owens. We're close to Antwerp so designer clothing is very accessible.
>>
>>9183623
og så poster du det mindst /fa/ fit du kunne finde
>hallahalla.jpg
>>
Most effay city:
>Teheran lelelel
>Idk, in northern Italy people dress quite okay. Haven't been to anywhere else where I could say people dress effay
I live in:
>Ljubljana
Style of the people:
>pretty much normalcore and gopnik-like shit fashion. A fuccboi here and there. H&M here is like 3 years behind H&M in Italy so that tells you something about the average look. 3/10.
Designer clothing:
>Usually depends on what you're looking for. But not very accessible I guess.
>>
>>9183623
Pic not related
>>
>>9182725
internet fashion: haven, nomad, jonathan + olivia
denim: dutil, over the rainbow, sydneys
streetweary stuff: adrift, deadstock
shoes: gravity pope
department stores: the bay, holt renfrew
>>
File: 50161.jpg (423KB, 1024x1444px) Image search: [Google]
50161.jpg
423KB, 1024x1444px
>>9184037
Where in Toronto do you live?

Some of us were talking about having an /fa/ Toronto meetup on January 11. Want to come?
>>
>>9183503
>norrebro
>safe
>>
>>9182325
Moore, most white people here dress like shit, then some of the asians dress like shit too, I can literally go to the malls and have better fits that half the people around here.
>>
>> No one city is effay
>>I live in the Lower East Side, Manhatten.
>> Some try hard and some don't try hard enough. For the most part compared to boston really good.
>>Considering SOHO isnt far from me not hard at all, but i stay away because I don't have to pay mad money to look good. Born this way/deal with it.mpeg
>>
>>9184049
sure why not sounds like a great idea fabulous definitely i'd be down for it certainly looking forward to it of course without question i would come absolutely by all means
>>
I live in Manhattan and while there are more /fa/ people than back home in Houston the majority is still wearing shit.
>>
>>9184073
Literally? Wow.
>>
>>9180783
Paris, southern bank.
Northern bank is full of plebs, except for the 16th which is full of hipsters and whores and the 12th, which is pretty cool. 11th is Fedora-land. DO NOT GO THERE.
>>
>>9180783
I can tell you this, it's not in Mississippi.
>>
M A D R I D
A
D
R
I
D

pretty effay
>>
London

Massive so obviously massive variation, but there are areas with cool people and the nightlife is pretty goat.
>>
somewhere in western europe

Columbus, Indiana - i'd shit myself if designer clothing was available here, and everyone generally goes with street/fast fashion, solid prints and rolled up pants everywhere.
>>
>>9185300
you can buy clothes online in US of A

you have so many online stores like Mr Porter etc etc that I don't even know what to say
>>
>>9185305
i'm talking about actual stores. this town is essentially bankrupt when it comes to clothing stores, or generally any place that isn't a supermarket.
>>
>>9182187

Our future queen is Australian. That says it all really:
Also aussies fit right into danish drinking culture
>>
>>9185310
damn that must suck. i've never lived in a small town ever in my life so idk what it's like.

do you plan to move for college or after that?
>>
>>9183623

p-paprika sten?
>>
>>9180842
>claims Detroit
>lives in novi

I'm on to you, fuccboi
>>
>>9181917
come down to linwood faggot
>>
montreal is probably the most /fa/ city in north america.
>>
>>9182391
go to ann arbor
>>
North america: Montreal or New York
Europe: Paris, Milan or some Scandinavian city.
Africa: LMFAO, who gives a fuck?
South America: Prob. Rio de Janeiro
Asia: Japan
Mid east: I guess Dubai? Its a shitty region with nothing of value except oil, so all their 'fashion' is just shit taken from other regions.
>>
>>9180783
Lund, Sweden

Lund is one of Sweden's two large student cities, so the population is fairly young and right wing (as far as Sweden goes), and therefore pretty fashionable compared to most other cities.

Lund has a few good stores, but it's a ten minute trip to Malmö which is Sweden's third largest city, a 40 minute trip to Copenhagen and most online stores in Sweden have free shipping and free returns, offer 14 day+ invoices and there's a 14 day return policy when buying online that's regulated by law so a lot of people just buy online and send it back if it doesn't fit, completely risk free since no money ever leaves your account.
>>
>>9185505
he said in the next post he lives downtown

I also live downtown. it's hip. there's a big artist space thing moving from Brooklyn to Detroit, should be cool
>>
>>9185305
>you have so many online stores like Mr Porter
Wut. Mr Porter is based in the UK, not in the US.
>>
>>9185618
sorry i don't really care about unimportant countries
>>
>>9185621
>implying there's a more unimportant country than the U.S. when it comes to fashion
>>
>>9184612
Wow, great. email me your rsvp at tripskank [at] gmail.com
>>
>>9185621
>>9185618
Mr Porter dispatches orders from both the US and UK
>>
>>9185630
i wasn't implying that

>>9185638
should i do this guys? i'm kinda scared
>>
>>9185603
Beirut, Damascus, Istanbul >>>>>>>>>> any other ME city >>>>> Dubai

Dubai is perhaps the least fashionable city on earth. It's gauche new money trash on top of a repulsive hardline religious autocracy in the middle of a dessert.
>>
>>9185666
yes, have you seen tripsk?
>>
>>9185701
i'm afraid of anybody who trips on /fa/ tbh

pigfuck, trunks, sieg are the main culprits. i would not be comfortable living in the same city.

berry probably slips drugs into people's drinks

even strawtengu looks like he'd tie you up and force you to watch gay anime

i honestly fear for my life so i'm not too sure about this unless there are a lot of people coming
>>
>>9185708
honestly man tripsk seems pretty nice and has eben mistreated by this board.

i agree it takes some kind of weirdness of character to trip tho
>>
>>9185708
And what would you do? Seeing as you're on /fa/ and you are tripping? Are you afraid of yourself?

also
>>9185701
unfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff tfw no qt crazy gf
>>
>>9185701
damn i didnt actually know she was pretty
>>
http://www.hel-looks.com/
>>
I live in florence, italy, but I really want to move to copenhagen but I don't know danish and I heard that rents and life is pretty expensive
>>
>>9185614
>believing him

northville son
>>
>>9185708
I'm a really nice person!
>>
>>9185774
come to Toulouse s'il te plaît :'(
>>
>>9183503
>implying most of norrebro isnt a muslim shithole

theres a great social feeling on the streets in the summer, but in some focused instances its definetely the most crime-filed part of Denmark. In any case just watch out for shitskins.
>>
>>9184631
Their definition of fashion is uggs,leggings, true religion/any jean with rhinestones, and northface jackets.
>>
>DC
>fucking dadcore, boat shoes, basic bitches everywhere
>most effay are the black homeless
>get weird looks from old white women when I dress in all black
>get weird looks for dressing even remotely well
>the metro is also inefficient af
Fml
>>
malmö

:^)

::::)))))))))))
>>
>>9185770

Yeah but drugs and booze is pretty reasonable. Besides if you're a student, you could probably make it work.
>>
>>9182127
Canadian with a EU passport, how friendly is Denmark to someone that isn't fluent with the language/unaware of the culture.
>>
>>9185524
moved here for school from vancouver a year ago... needless to say the fall wardrobe doesn't see too much use anymore
>>
>ctrl + f
>'london'
>one result

R U DIZZY FAM
>>
>>9182117
send me an email, im an american leaving cph after a semester here and i have lots of advice and i think alot of what was posted to you was false.
>>
>>9185986
mah i guess you cant give your email anymore? @nathank69 on twitter tho and ill give you my email
>>
>>9180922
The stores in Copenhagen were so disappointing. I bought hella shyt from han kjobenhavn and they have a great store and the norse projects is deece but generally the stores are uninspiring. Stockholm has much better retail to be had if we are comparing scandinavian cities.
>>
>>9185853
ayy dc brah we should hang
>>
>>9181971
lets start a art/fashion commune bb
>>
>>9185953

Well it's pretty friendly BUT it will most likely come off as people being closed off. That's just a danish thing, and it's considered polite to mind your own business.
That being said, if people are drunk and/or it's hot outside you feel the vibe change, and people become very friendly, and you'll probably feel violated sometimes, again culture.
Language wise, there's really no problem, most people do speak english fairly well
>>
>>9186254
The Danish and I have a lot in common evidently, I wonder how hard it would be to learn the language.
>>
>>9183609
I can't believe no one has seconded Seoul.
>>
File: Just-a-Number.jpg (262KB, 600x1462px) Image search: [Google]
Just-a-Number.jpg
262KB, 600x1462px
>>9186276

As a native English speaker it would probably be easier to learn either Norwegian or Swedish, Danish is a fucking bitch to learn.
Danish is faster, softer and more flat than the other languages making it sound like one fucking blur. Also the number system is pretty fuckd up.

Pic related
>>
>>9185774
thats what a super sneaky person would say.
>>
>>9186303
>>9183609
+1. I've been there once; it's a beautiful place and I'd love to visit again.

Easily one of the best countries in the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 800x533px
>>9186355
*best cities
not countries

whoops (and nice dubs, me)
>>
>>9183306
You live in vancouver, aka most boring,liberal,expensive place and hype as shit hockey team having city to ever exist. Go anywhere else and you'll immediately realize it's 10x better than almost anywhere in the US. I'd rather live in ottawa or quebec city than vancouver.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 306x306px
>>9185743
You are your own worst enemy, right? But I actually I think I might have some sort of mental disorder. Apparently tripping means you crave attention or something like that. I feel normal though.

>>9185774
I believe you :^)
>>
Living in San Diego. Everybody is effay
>>
File: 1416001792435.gif (3MB, 325x282px) Image search: [Google]
1416001792435.gif
3MB, 325x282px
>stuck in Albuquerque, New Mexico until I head off to college next year

kill me
>>
Prob montreal or paris, although, I've been to cape town and the white people there dress really well
Nairobi, I moved here from New York a year ago, and I've just been living off my savings
I literally live in a third world country
I've maybe seen a few people wearing designer shit in upscale areas, but there's pretty much no designer clothing outlets in the country
>>
>>9186571
Kenya, cool. Really odd question but do you mind taking a quick picture of the view from your window?

Kinda curious what it looks like there

I'll give you a pic of my view
>>
>>9186346
Thats unfortunate, I tried to learn swedish when I was really young but I don't know if I would necessarily be happy in Sweden.
>>
>>9186578
you can only see wall from my window, also, I only have a shitty flip phone, sorry
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.