[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for starting with streetwear/techninja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: ineedanimage.jpg (75KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
ineedanimage.jpg
75KB, 500x700px
My fashion sense is practically nonexistent. I know that I dress pretty poorly; I pretty much wear a grey hoodie and a college t-shirt every day, and I'm trying to change that this Christmas. I've read a bunch of guides and looked at a bunch of inspo albums for techwear and streetwear in general, and I still have no fucking idea where to start. Not much has really grabbed my attention yet, and for the things that have, I don't know how to incorporate them into an outfit. I haven't developed that skill yet, I guess.

Some fits (is that the right word?) that I like:
https://i.imgur.com/BXLVwMc.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/6t7942G.jpg. I think I'm into kind of muted or understated outfits with the focus on the shoes, and also anything with a futuristic vibe.

For shoes, I know that I like the Nike Lunarfresh Sneakerboot (https://i.imgur.com/j42pKZl.jpg) since they'd match the kind of outfits that I'm looking for now, and also I live in Chicago so it's getting pretty cold. Speaking of the cold, I'm mirin' these Isaora jackets/hoodies. (http://www.isaora.com/collections/clearance/products/long-sleeve-hooded-t-shirt-white-black + http://www.isaora.com/collections/staywarmbetter/products/hooded-down-zip-cardigan-black)

Can anyone help give me a sense of direction? Is streetwear/techninja an okay place to start with dressing well? How can I make it work well for winter? Also, how the fuck do I synthesize an outfit?

plz help ;_;
>>
Quality shell jacket
Sweatshirts
Long tees to layer
Slim fit joggers
Y-3 Qasas (nikes if you're poor)
nice backpack
>>
>>9130159
u...wot?
>>
Did that make any sense? lmao I can try to explain better if that wasn't coherent

>>9130171
+1 thanks for concrete suggestions, that's exactly what I'm looking for
>>
>>9130171
holy fuck are those shoes expensive. Looks like it's gonna have to be nike
>>
File: 1411288035069.png (165KB, 1770x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1411288035069.png
165KB, 1770x1680px
>>9130250
nikes work fine
>>
File: tumblr_nauculr7g41t2ko0fo1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nauculr7g41t2ko0fo1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x667px
>>9130159
It's the same with techwear, just being more practical, I suppose - or maybe more realistic and not looking like you're wearing a costume

You wouldn't want to wear jeans; sweatpants, leggings or some kind of polyester varient - hopefully a little water resistant and essentially allow you to do any sort of physical activity. Finally, you would want a flattering silhouette - tapered fit is trendy now, so that

For your upper body, you want layers - you should be able to add or remove layers easily depending on the climate or activity you are doing - a tank top with a t-shirt over that, then a thermal over the t-shirt, then a hoodie over the thermal, then a jacket over the hoodie and if necessary a coat over the hoodie - then finally, you want a flattering silhouette - a nice mix of baggy but fitting. With all of this in mind, you want to try and get your jackets to be water resistant at least to some extent

Shoes. It's the same story - basketball shoes or running shoes are great. You want mobility - to be able to run if necessary, or be able to walk in them for extended periods of time. At the same time, you got to have that silhouette. Most sports shoes are going to be able to sustain some modest rain. You're not creating an outfit for the pouring rain, so don't drive yourself crazy.

Backpack. You need to be able to carry your essentials, obvs. If you were really going to opt for something fairly water resistant, it should be on the backpack. You don't want something huge, but you need to be able to fit additional layers of clothing in here.

I think that covers it essentially
>>
>>9130296
nicely put
>>
>>9130296
Thank you so much, that helps a lot. I feel like I have an idea of where to start now.
>>
File: tumblr_naqduxcpvp1sx76kjo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_naqduxcpvp1sx76kjo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x359px
>>9130301
Thank you

>>9130337
You're welcome
>>
File: 1411238851248.jpg (148KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
1411238851248.jpg
148KB, 532x800px
w2c sick backpack
>>
File: image.jpg (744KB, 2500x2007px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
744KB, 2500x2007px
>>9130436
>>
File: 1411089906617.jpg (301KB, 1900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1411089906617.jpg
301KB, 1900x1300px
>>
File: $_57.jpg (38KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
38KB, 600x900px
should I cop this levi commuter park for a tech fit?
>>
>>9130436

that fit is fucking terrible, acr and vis literally dressed by the internet
>>
>>9130510
I have it. It's a decent start. The rain protection is only ideal for if you're in a light sprinkle or walking. Biking in anything else will wind up with you being quite wet still.
>>
>>9130576
how's the fit and aesthetic though?
>>
>>9130584
I like the fit quite a bit although mine is a little large on me (should have gone with a small maybe?).

It's a cool jacket for the price. I've been wearing it pretty much nonstop for the past 2 months. I just got a new jacket now so I'm going to probably wear it less.

Being a softshell it only protects from wind and rain. Insulation is nonexistent. Although it breathes fairly well when you're biking.
>>
>>9130599
interesting, worth getting for $65?
>>
>>9130570
nah, not really. only thing that might be bad fit is the tshirt. but if it's done on purpose, and for a purpose, then it's not bad..

solid fit actually

also, w2c pants? i know carhart, but specific model?
>>
>>9130296
>Finally, you would want a flattering silhouette - tapered fit is trendy now, so that

not necessarily. my lower body is p /fit/, so taper would look awkward.

if lower body is /fit/, straight/relaxed look can be good. not to mention more mobile.
>basketball shoes or running shoes are great. You want mobility
>basketball shoes
>mobility

bro... no...basketball shoes are for basketball playing (unless you're going for that aesthetic, in which case there's a case to be made for them)...

buy some real functional shoes..
>>
>>9130779
You're just nitpicking
>>
and what about summer tech?
I'm thinking sweatshorts (optional leggings) with layered top?
any fit inspo?
>>
File: hmprod.jpg (28KB, 446x522px) Image search: [Google]
hmprod.jpg
28KB, 446x522px
Does anybody know of a cheaper alternative brand that do shell jackets? I saw this one on h&m but is it /fa/?
>>
>>9130851
I have this one and the fit is not too great, kind of poofy but it is padded so you have to expect some of that..
>>
>>9130851
Patagonia or The North Face
>>
File: tumblr_mmfbuud0V31r7jfzso1_500.jpg (204KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmfbuud0V31r7jfzso1_500.jpg
204KB, 500x750px
>>9130786
are you going to make a point?
>>
>>9130847
not summer yet, but i was thinking of breathable long sleeve t shirts, with shorts or 3/4pants.
lululemon makes solid breathable long sleeves and flatters /fit/ shoulders very well..will have to experiment next summer..
>>
Is it techninja to have non-black and white shoes, so they're the focus of the outfit? I'm probably going to do it anyway, but I was wondering if that still fits the definition.
>>
File: 1413226424141.jpg (94KB, 433x644px) Image search: [Google]
1413226424141.jpg
94KB, 433x644px
>>9130896
but color is not excluded? besides, do w/e the fuck you wanna do
>>
>>9130159
why? it just looks so stupid and tryhard. why don't you just start with a nice pair of raws (i recommend naked and famous for the best quality and also a good price) some nice red wings boots, a few high quality flannels from banana republic or jcrew, a nice parka from carhartt and a few fitted t-shirts (not loose, it looks horrible, tight is better but only if you are fit)
>>
>>9130296
lol basketball shoes. stfu you ugly retard. even trunks rips on you. drop name and fuck off :^)
>>
>>9130934

mfw i see manlets running around with their lmao1pl8 red wung clown butz and sik raw jawnz ayyyy lmao

0/8
>>
>>9130957
99% chance they ALL look better than you in your $800 polyester shit you wear to "protect" you from the elements when you walk 5 minutes to the post office once a week
>>
>>9130964
lmao i dont dress like this

Your comment is so fucking dull:

OP:
hi i am a grill looking for some advice for starting with dresses ayyy lmao

You:
why? it just looks so stupid and tryhard. why don't you just start with a nice pair of raws (i recommend naked and famous for the best quality and also a good price) some nice red wings boots, a few high quality flannels from banana republic or jcrew, a nice parka from carhartt and a few fitted t-shirts (not loose, it looks horrible, tight is better but only if you are fit)

>mfa pls go
>>
>>9130990
whatever. the rest of the world will keep laughing at your wannabe ninjas. enjoy your animes sperglord
>>
>>9130995
OP:
hi i am a cyclist looking for some advice on long distance cycling gear

You:

>mfw you
>>
>>9131011
>>9131011
yea, funny that normal people can manage to commute on their bicycles in the canadian winter with some long johns, a nice pair of raws and boots, a good parka and a beanie and not look like a total autist wannabe future ninja in the process
you don't need any of this shit and you spend thousands to look like a little kid playing ninja dress up
>>
>>9131028
what is wrong with ninja dressup , I just know how I like to have fun
>>
>>9130278
>that backpack is only 100 denier cordura
everytime
>>
>>9131028
I think a lot of it is ridiculous too but why do you have to spread your cynicism. Who the fuck are you to say what looks good and what is practical, you could get a hoodie from walmart and put a garbage bag over it and be just fine biking to school.

But instead you wear what you think looks good, yet try to shit on others that do the same.
>>
>>9130692
For $65 (which is what I got it for) off of the Clymb it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>9130159
What kind of scarf is that?
>>
>>9131172
because this is an advice forum and im helping the stupid newbs avoid wasting money on autism clothes
>>
>>9130159
that fit always reminds me I wanted to look like that when I was 10 years old.
>>
>>9131324
Same. Fucking autists I swear lol
>>
Anyone know any good techish insulated jackets? I have no problem finding nice shells, but I live in sweden where the winter gets quite cold and would rather want an insulated jacket.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.