[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-fashion is the best fashion. Can we have a thread of good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: cardux1.jpg (365KB, 1600x1223px) Image search: [Google]
cardux1.jpg
365KB, 1600x1223px
Anti-fashion is the best fashion.

Can we have a thread of good industrial utilitarian-type stuff?

Work coats, military surplus, stuff along those lines?
>>
>>9097915
This looks cool. But wouldn't this end up being a normcore/workcore kind of thing?
>>
File: carhartt duck jacket.jpg (334KB, 2002x2000px) Image search: [Google]
carhartt duck jacket.jpg
334KB, 2002x2000px
>>9097915
my winter coat, fit is actually quite snug when sized down and keeps me super warm when ice fishing or when it gets down to -20 F.

but I swear every single male manual laborer in the area has this exact same jacket. but for some reason it still gets compliments.

mine is a helluva lot more faded than pic related though
>>
>>9097920
>wouldn't this end up being a normcore/workcore kind of thing?
Yup.
>>
>>9097915
lathe accident-core
>>
how is this anti-fashion? any time someone looks at you wearing something and decides thats the cool new thing/core they gotta get into, congratulations. its now fashion.
>>
>>9097920
ugh. see this is the issue with /fa/ and the need to *core every single item of clothing. Normcore is the stupidest fucking name for a style of dress.

Probably my biggest issue with this board. The constant need to categorize and give names to everything. Not everything is a style sometimes it just is what it is.
>>
>>9098145
its human/animal nature. like racism
>>
>>9098207
you mean its 4chan nature. like autism
>>
http://youtu.be/iVDmvcURm-U?t=3m52s

skateboarders are always at the avant garde of anti-fashion because they're usually poor and social outkasts. love this dude's style with the massive chinos
>>
>>9098286
Do not correct me. I meant exactly what I said. Putting things in a category is human nature. People like to label themselves and people like to label others. Racism is a source of this. The mind doesn't want to meet and greet everyone so we put things into slots to easily (if not incorrectly) understand
>>
>>9098385
Yep, you got autism alright.
>>
>>9098384
comfy video
>>
>>9098145
there's no problem with categorizing styles imo
giving a name helps people identify with what they like
>>
>>9098491
its so hard to find good amateur skate videos because they're all completely untagged on youtube -- so on brand. if you've got more, plz share (emphasis on ones where the dudes are wearing cool stuff)

heres another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aksf8gcLNE
>>
>>9097915
http://pastebin.com/RaUuLzun

list of online retro military surplus retailers.
>>
File: usgi white parka.jpg (10KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
usgi white parka.jpg
10KB, 340x340px
>>
File: mod parka.jpg (69KB, 395x500px) Image search: [Google]
mod parka.jpg
69KB, 395x500px
>>9098602
>>
>>9098602
>>
File: green army quilted jacket.jpg (59KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
green army quilted jacket.jpg
59KB, 570x760px
>>9098632
>>
Military clothing is fashionable. Has been so for decades.
>>
>>9098638
Actually is Bundeswehr liner jacket.

Some dispute over whether it's meant for the goretex rain jacket or the regular field parka.
>>
>>9098681
where do i learn more
>>
>>9098384
>>9098519

true
>>
File: Bronze56k-PeterSidlauskas_sm.jpg (35KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bronze56k-PeterSidlauskas_sm.jpg
35KB, 600x400px
>>9098733
>>
>>9098671
In Western society, men's clothing used to be either for work or military application, right? Most mens clothing is based off pre-existing military or workwear. Utility is appealing in and of itself that way.

...This is total bullshit but I heard it from a friend and I think it's a good anecdote
>>
>>9098770
It's true. Even shirts with two front pockets came from military clothing.
>>
>>9098694
/k/ milsurp threads
>>
>>9098393

But he is right. Psychology 101
>>
File: russian mechanic 1.jpg (99KB, 385x450px) Image search: [Google]
russian mechanic 1.jpg
99KB, 385x450px
>>
>>
>>9097933
were you the one that posted the thread about this jacket yesterday?
>>
>>9098745
>>9098745
w2c glow-in-the-dark hoddie?
>>
>>9098997
>chick lean
>.22

also fit is shit
>>
>>9100387
It's 4m fucking idiot
>>
>>9100405
huh?
>>
>>9098145
Then under the same logic you could dismiss them on that same basis, letting pictures and styles speak for themselves when it comes to impressing you.

But clearly there's something else here that's so irksome.
>>
>>9100396

chick lean was actually the standard shooting posture until the 70s/80s because everyone wasn't obese back then

also .22s are great for picking off larger birds
>>
>>9100421
>chick lean was actually the standard shooting posture until the 70s/80s because everyone wasn't obese back then
have you ever even fired a gun before? if you had you would realize how dumb that sounds

and .22 is a great round but I was referencing her stance in combination with the caliber
>>
>>9100455

>have you ever even fired a gun before? if you had you would realize how dumb that sounds

when your body is small you will naturally do chick lean so you can better hold the rifle

not really useful after everyone got fat though
>>
>>9100465
i'm taking the bait
chick lean has nothing to do with body size, adult men are capable of doing it as well

>better hold the rifle with chick lean
do you honestly believe this? go grab a roll of wrapping paper or something and try holding it chick lean, then the correct way. of course, you are welcome to actually shoot a gun at some point in your life so you can actually feel the dumbness of what you're saying
>>
>>9098638
http://www.kommandostore.com/by-country/german/german-flecktarn-parka-liners.html

There are some leftover sizes left that should be going up for sale sometime at the end of this week.
>>
>>9100405
kek
>>
>>9100387
Nike Vaporflash

$65
>>
File: chris costa.jpg (184KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
chris costa.jpg
184KB, 640x431px
>>9100421
leads to muzzle rise, and more likely to miss due to awkward positioning making sights off center

chris costa is a tool

but he has a point into easing newbies into the centirefire intermediate calibers

.300blk or .308 is a kick in the teeth if you're used to 9X19 para..especially when you're spitting 30 rounds and you don't know how to tap-check-clear a jam on a rifle that's kicking your ass

also the whole co-witness + MBUS rear failsafe sight system is just a great idea

not sure how i feel about the side mount sight system they push

looks cool in video games and movies if they adopt it there but real life use seems impractical

something else to jab your thumb on during a home invasion
>>
>>9098286
I didn't ask for your favorite drink
>>
>>9100421
you are deeply incorrect
>>
>>9100421
You're confusing chick lean with chicken wing.
>>
>>9098733
these guys look like they're from Eugene, OR
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.