[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://news.yahoo.com/trend-alert-h ealth-goth-goes-mainstre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

http://news.yahoo.com/trend-alert-health-goth-goes-mainstream-141306803.html

how does it feel knowing that because of the internet, everything you know and love and have been around since the beginning will soon become mainstream and ruined?

vaporwave
death grips
monochrome
gothninja
normcore
palewave
and now healthgoth
>>
healthgoth
lmao
>>
File: tumblr_mvwv4zbQWE1qbvzlwo1_500.gif (728KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvwv4zbQWE1qbvzlwo1_500.gif
728KB, 500x500px
>>9003059
>>
I never heard the term "health goth" until I saw it reported on.

As far as I am concerned, the more people know about Rick Owens, the better.
>>
>>9003064
what does this memerapper have to do with anything
>>
>>9003067
>how does it feel knowing that because of the internet
>because of the internet
>because the internet
>>
File: CUM HAT.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
CUM HAT.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>9003068
>>
>>9003059
i hate it when fa uses the term monochrome as if it's a style mainly based on the internet, or even worse based on fa
>>
>>9003059
It was bound to happen eventually. Even if Rick and other influential designers go full mainstream, nobody who hasn't heard of them yet will be willing to shell out the cash for authentic pieces. Zara and H&M knockoffs might become more popular but by the time that happens fashion communities will have moved onto something else already.
>>
>>9003088
the problem with what you said, except for your ending, is that h&m and zara are fast fashion so by definition they are just going to steal trends from runway shows
which was what you were getting at but i just felt like it should have been a bit more indepth
totally agree with you though
>>
>>9003059
>implying 4chan isn't late as fuck to these trends.
>implying gothninja hasnt been forgotten by most fashion forums after 2007
>implying healthgoth isn't complete bs
>implying monochrome was ever a trend

consider the noose
>>
>>9003117
>implying gothninja hasnt been forgotten by most fashion forums after 2007

objectively not true, though not to say that gothninja is in any way a valid term. continue parroting 4th hand info you read on /fa/ though. youre like the trunks of opinions
>>
>>9003126
dam that is a DOPE analogy. The trunks of opinions... like cuz he sux right?? so MY opinion sucks.

bro u smart gotta hand it to you.
fagot
>>
>>9003126
it is true. most forums don't give a fuck about goth ninja but still wear monochrome and stuff like that.
RIck+ann d and julius remain popular but not worn in the goth ninja sense
>>
I don't mind things becoming mainstream if everyone pulls it off. If every person I saw was full gothninja and ran around listening to Death Grips and actually appreciated both, Id be in fucking heaven.

Unfortunately, the reason why people dislike things going mainstream, is that when the general public gets their hands on something they turn it into a bastardized version of its former self. When things go mainstream, people looking to only make money take advantage of certain aspects of what we previously enjoyed, and markets them to the general public in a way that doesn't show why it should have been appreciated in the first place. This is the problem with "Trends" in general, the mainstream only enjoys them because they are trends, and not for the qualities they have. When the underground likes something, its because they helped developed it and know how to appreciate it.

luckily for us, trends typically don't last, because people treat them like shit and overplay them. eventually the trends will be forgotten, and the original thing will hopefully still be standing. and the internet can be seen as a double edged sword, as quickly as everything becomes mainstream, the previous trend will die out faster, we won't have a style for the 00's like the 70's and 80's had, because the wave of trends comes and goes so quickly.
>>
>>9003140
dont misunderstand me; your opinions do a good enough job on their own being shitty irrespective of trunks. but, like trunks, your opinions are gleaned from 4th hand sources you read on a chinese cartoon board and concern things youve never directly experienced. thats an analogy. you reference analogy in your post, but i dont quite think you know what the word means

more to the point, id love for you to show me evidence that

>gothninja has been forgotten by most fashion forums after 2007

actually, dont even bother because i know you cant. maybe try again when you know what youre talking about?
>>
>>9003190
mate..
goth ninja itself was a fucking fad. Dressing in Rick Owens isn't a fad. Dressing in dark clothing isn't a fad. The hardcore almost cosplay tier dressing and combination of these items known as gothninja was a fad. Just like healthgoth is a fad, if it's even real. Just look at SZ, they wear all the brands worn by 'gothninjas' but they look nothing like them.
wat i said had nothing to do with "4 hand sources" who are probably misinterpreting gothninja as anyone that dresses in all black.
>>
File: 1380065361556.jpg (352KB, 950x980px) Image search: [Google]
1380065361556.jpg
352KB, 950x980px
>>9003190
Are you the only idiot that didn't notice gothninja being completely ridiculed by basically everyone?
>>
Healthgoth?

I'm sorry what? Is that something along the same lines as that "Ghetto gothic" that was attempting to become a thing as well?

Gracious they'll try to tack goth onto anything to make it sound "cool" or "mysterious". Someone tell these poor souls that goth is not something that goes along with athleticism.
>>
>>9003088
this

shitty zara rip offs only stay around for a season then its on the next flavour of the month

aside tasteless chinese brats flexing on instagram rick and friends will never trend

i dont know why this board flips its shit every time somebody brings this up

>>9003277
ann dem, rick have been amazing designers and their garments are fairly common out in the real world

most often founded adult professionals in their mid thirties-forties working in creative fields are the ones who werk it properly because it takes an unusual person to wear garments like these

""gothninja"" itself has always been a fucking trainwreck tongue in cheek joke that only pathetic dweebs on the internet ever tried to pigeonhole it as an actual style
>>
I have yet to meet anyone irl that wears health goth or listens to vaporwave.
>>
/fa/ please help:
What are SS, SZ?
>>
>alexander wang x h&m
>healthgoth

lmao
>>
>>9003371
word yo.
except i disagree about the age thing. seen plenty of good people in these designs but usually they are working in graphic design or the arts and have an eye for this thing.

goth ninja has always been a joke. even the term itself was a joke. anyone who thinks it wasnt a trend is just stupid
>>
>>9003438
It's a genre just as much as techninja is.
>>
>>9003486
nobody actually says that seriously except for www.4chan.org losers
>>
>>9003488
I'm not saying you have to like it. I'm saying it's a genre.
>4chan losers
what community do You identify with?
>>
Any style that has a cute nickname is fucking retarded.

Except for comfycore.

Comfycore gets a pass.
>>
>>9003117
>after 2007
google image search "gothninja" pre 2009 and its pictures from deviant art
get fucked nerdwad
>>
>>9003432
>>9003432
Stephan Schneider
Style Zeitgeist
>>
>>9003508
Thanks
>>
>>9003080
You're right, it's called virgincore, and it's the new art of manliness beard tattoos and red wing boots for late 2014. Pleb, lame, and laughable by anyone but ignorant people in unimportant geographic regions
>>
>>9003088
>by the time

Everyone except mfa and here has moved on
>>
>>9003178
No, the reason everyone cares is because this is a board full of insecure basement dwelling children with special snowflake complex that have to be on the self perceived cutting edge as dictated by far more fashionable people than anyone here.
>>
There are people on this board that take these things seriously? There are people wearing goth ninja seriously and not as a joke?
>>
>>9003371
By the time the "trend" dies, fa will be on something else entirely and treat "avant garde streetwear" the way it treats the hy/beard/raw denim combo now. It'll never be fashionable again. Move on.
>>
>>9003491
>identifying with an internet board

Fucking disgusting millennials
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.