[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Techwear General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15

File: Techninja via Hypebeast.jpg (106KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Techninja via Hypebeast.jpg
106KB, 750x500px
Old one is past cap.
>>
File: tech234824932.gif (20KB, 227x316px) Image search: [Google]
tech234824932.gif
20KB, 227x316px
>>
that feel when summer techwear is cheap compared to a/w

thank u based outlier shorts
>>
>>8982763
A/W is so much more fun to put together though.
>>
>>8983549
A/W seasons is best season
>>
File: barree.png (85KB, 522x259px) Image search: [Google]
barree.png
85KB, 522x259px
I've just unboxed vivobarefoot hybrid and I do NOT recommend coping them, they look like fucking flippers
>>
>>8983998
pics?
>>
File: PA220411.jpg (340KB, 1186x960px) Image search: [Google]
PA220411.jpg
340KB, 1186x960px
>>8984007
there you go, on the left hybrid on the right new balance logan 637 old n tired skate shoes (which are hands down the best sk8 shoes ever made).

The yellow 'line' shows how much wider they are compared to NB

>they look even more ridiculous irl
>>
>>8984094
look meh, got a side pic?
>>
>>8984107
see
>>8983998
ya dingus
>>
>>8981943
>people still haven't realized that techwear came into being as a reaction to urban life in Japan

>white sub-urban betas dressing up as ninjas with 100 pockets when they have no need for it other than a pumpkin spice latte and a dildo

You have no reason to dress like this.
>>
>>8982763
got some outlier new ways, fucking love them
>>
File: sides.png (2MB, 992x820px) Image search: [Google]
sides.png
2MB, 992x820px
>>8984107
side are fine, but the wide toes r 3goofy8me, they also feel to loose and I've got quite wide feet

>>8984119
well, I'll get me Y3 instead
>>
>>8984125
Hit like this has been popular where i live for years. (norway) Haglöfs, stormberg, berghans in every shitty color that is.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (37KB, 644x460px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
37KB, 644x460px
What do you guys think of the new Gyakusou collection that's coming out soon?
>>
>>8984151
yeah, they are vivoBAREFOOT. they have wide toebox to allow free movement of toes.

get used to them, or sell them. what size are you?
>>
>>8984231
>>8984231
>every shitty color

>muh edgy all black
>>
>>8984094
TBH, what did you think you were getting? They're anatomic minimal shoes. The toebox is shaped to go around your foot. The loose fit is how they're supposed to, probably - it seems off at first, but you'll get it after walking in them for a while.

Feel free to not like them, but most of my shoes are VBF, I get compliments on them regularly (especially the Synth Hikers and Breatho Trail), and the only complaint I have is that durability can be so-so even on the upper.

One thing to be aware of going in, besides what they are, is that it locks you into a different world of footwear. You have to train your feet first or you fuck them up, and you can't really mix wearing barefoot shoes and normal shoes. I got into barefoot shoes before I got into fashion, and even though I like a lot of VBF I want Flyknits, I want Island Dunks, dammit!

>>8984125
>in Japan

You keep posting this and you never substantiate it. What's so distinctively Japanese about the urbanity these clothes engage with?

The most pointedly *this* and most mentioned brands ITTs are out of Berlin, Brooklyn, and Vancouver. Japanese instances are more commonly developments and updates of Japanese punk and/or workwear currents.

>sub-urban

What makes you think people here are in suburbs?

>beta

THIS IS NOT A REAL THING

>pumpkin spice latte

https://warosu.org/fa/thread/S7092551#p7093897

>dildo

http://totalartjournal.com/archives/1402/the-contra-sexual-manifesto/
>>
>>8984125
>no reason
How about it looks good, dick
Especially when its casual stuff
The techninja shit is gay af tho
>>
>>8984119
>implying stock photos are something to go by

>>8984151
Meh they look ok

>>8984231
>getting Haglof boots in the US is expensive
>>
>>8984245
Too wide is too wide, I don't want my feet flying inside shoes, especially on trail. I gave them a try cus I thought they'll fell precise

Anyway, the seller has free returns policy, I'm fine
>>
>>8984253
>>getting Haglof boots in the US is expensive

At least they'll be unique-ish. You can also act smug and say how they're a Scandinavian import.
>>
>>8984250
Well, I often take me shoes off when I get on trail. I was thinking that barefoot shoes will feel like actual bare foot minus the pain, but they ain't
>>
>>8984235
i wish he would go back to making those jackets with panels

i think i'll just pick up a long sleeve t and shorts if there are any at the sales
>>
>>8984125
literally this. techwear is designed for the east asian metropolis and its inhabitants, not for fat howaito piggus in some irrelevant yuro or american city.
>>
File: _2051_02_18_266_hd_1600.jpg (96KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
_2051_02_18_266_hd_1600.jpg
96KB, 1600x900px
>>8984235
I love it, probably the best Gyakusou ever, although I think S/S '13 is still visually the best.

I think it's right about where it should be for what it is, a technically focused mass market collaboration between the culturally sharpest designer and the most advanced athletic wear company.

It's precisely on point with two things that are just starting up but are going to be big in the next few years:

First, a rethink and reduction of layering for better results with new tech and designs calibrated to that (http://iceclimbingjapan.com/2014/05/13/polartec-system-whats-possible/).

Second, and this is harder to get a handle on, there's a new relationship designers are having to color and texture. The first wave of it was the big gradient/ombre/dip dye craze a few years ago; SISP and Stephan Schneider are the two big things I'd look at for it. Cav Empt is not it, but I think it has something to do with it.

It seems like has to do with making our experiences of these things in garments more like our experience with the rest of the world. Spectrums, bleeds-in, subtle variations, dappledness, variegation of color matched and enlivened by textural effects.

Color like a digital representation of meatspace. Texture pulling it definitively to flesh. Everything more interesting and viv-id.

Less stark than previous graphic stuff, more sensual than cerebral, even when it's very conceptual. Or more like, calibrated to the "augmented reality" occasioned, long awaited weakening of the wall between our cerebrality and physicality. Now everything feels cerebral, but the cerebral also feels physical, and these are the clothes for that.

I think - this is all super rough and new thoughts, experimental thoughts.
>>
Does anyone know anywhere I could read about Japanese urban life?
>>
>>8984364
sure, we can't wear waterproof jackets with pockets as it is allowed only in Tokyo. Brilliant logic
>>
>>8984368

Anyway, yeah, Jun's on top of all that, perfect for the ultra-contemporary runner. Like I said, I think S/S '13 is still the best *looking*, and it has the most of what I love about Jun's designs and up to now Gyakusou specifically, but a year and a half on even it feels just slightly dated.

>>8984307
Samefag. Dude, you're fucking obvious with this "howaitu piggu" shit, and even though it's really annoying it'd at least be interesting to hear you explicate this some.

Tell us why exactly clothes designed in North American and European megacities are somehow fit only for East Asian ones?

>>8984307
They should, sort of. You should still have decent proprioception through the sole. The looseness in the toebox is so your foot can splay and not be constrained - the sides should be just past the edge of your foot.

I also don't know specifically with the Hybrid - they're golf shoes, they might have a different sole than the other Vivobarefoot soles I'm used to or fit differently.

You might want to look at the Neo/Breatho trails - similar look and they're the trimmest fitting/least expanded toebox VBF shoes I'm aware of.
>>
File: 1413640527300.jpg (206KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
1413640527300.jpg
206KB, 800x427px
>>8984393
>North American and European megacities
no such thing

what is comparable to hong kong or tokyo or seoul?
>>
>>8984404
London or New York may be not as big as Tokyo (city with more inhabitants than some countries), but specifics of urban environments are very similar in US, EU or Asia, Asians just got more of it in one go. Ergo - urban tech ninja makes sense anywhere if executed the rite way
>>
>>8984404
New York, and I realized after typing that that Berlin and Vancouver aren't megacities (10 million+), but the same potential garment uses apply and you can't say they're not in the same kind of cultural waters.
>>
File: 02.jpg (116KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
116KB, 400x600px
>>8984427
Also, Los Angeles - that's a different kind of urbanity, but similar garments would still be useful.

J1A technologietraeger for the city where you leave home with a stuffed bag and return to crash, J30 car coat for the city where your car is your bag.

Pic is J30. I wouldn't wear that in Tokyo or even New York, but I might in LA.
>>
>>8984458

Acronym claims to have no marketing budget but is that still true today?
With the euro inflation so low the price tags have never been so ridiculous
>>
>>8984235
wish I ran so I could justify buying this shit
>>
Anyone know good techwear sites with prices similar to Uniqlo?
>>
>>8984501
techwear is expensive by nature m8
are you just going for techy looking stuff without the tech?
>>
>>8981943
>this jacket costs 1200
http://www.acrnm.com/collections/acronym-all/products/gt-j29a

why?
>>
>>8984505
I like both so sure
>>
>>8984505

ACR isnt cutting edge anymore when it comes to techs and techs only.

The only thing that ACR has over Arc'teryx, Swrve,Aether, Nike NSW ect ect ect ect is the design.

If paying twice the price of the competition's hardshells is purely justified by the design, go for it
>>
>>8984535
Arc'teryx Veilance is more expensive than ACR (at least in the UK)
>>
>>8984458
LA is just a glorified suburb, there's literally 15 skyscrapers surrounded by flat single story areas
>>
>>8984125
fuck ur dumb
Shit's been relevant since fucking forever in any place with more than one season
>>
Anyone able to recommend a nice parka in the $200-$300 range?
>>
File: uniqlotech.png (967KB, 2510x2800px) Image search: [Google]
uniqlotech.png
967KB, 2510x2800px
>>8984470
I mean, what counts as marketing budget? Who knows.

As far as the prices, they're in line with standard designer clothes. Are they ridiculous? Yes, just like the Rick and Yohji stuff that costs more but no one on here objects to.

>>8984480
Well, you could start running. The jackets and some of the shirts could work in other contexts.

>>8984501
>techwear sites

You mean like web boutiques? There's nothing really coherent out there, and your best bet is learning brands.

Sierra Trading Post and Backcountry are good US discount outdoor sites. There's this thing called the Clymb a lot of people on here go for that seems to have a lot of aestheticized outdoor stuff at clearance prices, but I haven't looked into it much because those membership discount webshop things (like Jackthreads, etc.) tick my ick meter something crazy, though I can't explain it at all.

Your best bet for techwear at a Uniqlo price point is Uniqlo, tbh. Pic related.

>>8984510
https://warosu.org/fa/thread/S8351466#p8356322

>>8984535
There is no such thing as "techs and techs only." The design IS the technology, in a big way - the ergonomics and features are how you use the thing.

If you're just talking about staying dry, who the fuck cares? Get some Frogg Toggs.
>>
>>8984712
Also note that Heattech top - even Uniqlo is getting in on >>8984368, in the most basic and cheap way of course.
>>
>>8984712
>If you're just talking about staying dry, who the fuck cares? Get some Frogg Toggs.

By techs I was refering to the actual patented fabrics used

ie gore tex; gore tex pro, eVent, neoshell,hyvent...

ergonomics and features are more related to the art of tailoring imo but whatever you understood me let's not bitch over semantics
>>
>>8984291
I might try to cop them, or go with saloman instead.
>>
>>8984811
I'm not following your point? That if you don't care about anything but the fabric getting the cheaper jacket with the fabric makes sense, is that all?

>>8984659
Missed this, what are you looking for it to do and in what kind of conditions?
>>
>>8984712
Pants link please? Can't seem to find them.
>>
>>8984870
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/women-warm-lined-cargo-pants-127845.html#09|/women/bottoms/pants/warm-easy/|

Womenswear version, as pictured.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-warm-lined-cargo-pants-127773.html#33|/men/bottoms/pants/warm-easy/|

Menswear.

Who the fuck knows why the cargo pocket is on opposite sides.
>>
>>8984862

indeed

original point was that ACR price was solely based on design (which is outstanding I don't question that) since they're not pioneers in the branch anymore when it comes to the fabrics used.
More performant stuff is out there already
>>
>>8984862

As far as conditions go, I live in a part of the US that experiences a good amount of snow during the winter, so I assume being insulated might be necessary.
honestly don't know what other features I could ask for in a parka though im rather naive when it comes to this.
>>
>>8984892
man those look baggy.
>>
>>8984712
w2c cargo pants ? I can't find it in the uniqlo UK webstore
>>
>>8984921
no rain coat, but its fairly dry here.
Denver, Colorado. for reference
>>
File: M-0652-56_BLACK_01.jpg (34KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
M-0652-56_BLACK_01.jpg
34KB, 500x750px
>>8984897
They're loosely modeled after Gramicci-style climbing pants, so that's where that comes from. Pic related.

A tailor should be able to easily taper them.

>>8984895
How wet does it get? Do you have a raincoat?

>>8984928
Any other insulated jackets?

The reason I'm asking is that down insulation is great - more compact, lighter - but it's worthless if it gets wet. Synthetics aren't as warm for the same weight and thickness, but they're still warm in the rain.

Also, are you looking to use it for sports, or just walking around town?

>>8984910
Uniqlo US webstore.

It's buried at the bottom here, too - scroll all the way down and see if you get it, too.
>>
>>8984939

here's some statistics for Denver

http://average-rainfall.findthebest.com/l/52/Denver-Colorado

no real risk of getting wet, however, id like a synthetic parka over down, due to personal preference.

As far as use goes id like it mainly for walking and travel as no need to use it for sports.

if possible, an inner pocket would also be enjoyed.
>>
Moving to alaska for school. I bought pic related on sale and plan on picking up some merino from outlier. The new sweaters and hoodie look nice to layer with, but will it be enough for the cold up there? I heard it gets down to -50c. The coldest I've ever been in is 4c.
>>
File: Fission-SL-Jacket-Black.png (138KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fission-SL-Jacket-Black.png
138KB, 450x500px
>>8984977
>>
>>8984977
>>8984985
Hey m8, bought the Arc'teryx Atom SV hoodie for Vermont winters and can confirm Arc'teryx being GOAT outerwear/tech. If you have to be outside in those temperatures (lowest here was -29F, or -34C) get a neck gaiter. If you've only experienced 4C, get ready you sack of shit, -50 will be painful. I discovered that for me, 0F to -10F is where I stop feeling differences on my skin: it all feels really fucking cold. The only difference is your nose hairs freeze faster. You'll need everything you can get for those temps m8, down mitts, heavy wool hats, the warmest boots you can find, long johns daily etc. Living where I do in VT gets cold, but not so bad I have to completely change the way I dress compared to "normal" winters. Alaska though, different story
>>
>>8985084
>-23C (-10F whatever that is)
>cold
hahaahahah look at this softcunt
>>
>>8985178
Wow I feel so stupid! I wish as was as cool and tough as you anon! I might as well run around outside in subzero temperatures naked because someone on the internet is tougher than me! You sure showed me guy
>>
>>8985214
I fuck guys like you in the ass.
>>
>>8985227
All these people on /fa/ must be so impressed by you. Posting on an anonymous message board having a dick measuring contest about temperature must make you a cool person
>>
>>8985258
post ass
>>
>>8985258
Anonymous mad as fuck passive aggressive comments will probably never get old
>>
>>8981943
I'm just gonna go ahead and say this-- I fuck with North Face. It's not bad honestly.
>>
>>8985084
What do you wear underneath the Atom hoody is the jacket warm itself or is it just a good like, heatpreserving layer?
>>
>>8985084
Will heattech long johns be sufficient or should I look into shit like icebreaker, ibex etc?
>>
File: 46372761IS_13_f.jpg (15KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
46372761IS_13_f.jpg
15KB, 550x700px
Hey techies, I'm looking for a water resistant hats.
Stone Island's offerings are looking pretty good, particularily the Soft Shell-R cap.

Does anyone have some experience with SI headwear?
>>
>>8985451
are you a footie hooligan?
>>
>>8985477
No and I don't want to make the connection.
Should I just look elsewhere then?
>>
>>8985491
I was only joking
it's not that bad, the logo is somewhat subtle, I wouldn't worry about the connection
>>
up
>>
File: Zyuranger_(Super_Hero_Taisen).png (903KB, 1280x698px) Image search: [Google]
Zyuranger_(Super_Hero_Taisen).png
903KB, 1280x698px
>>8984393
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.