[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realised a shocking truth /fa/ is unfashionable I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: 1395352704054.jpg (43KB, 400x569px) Image search: [Google]
1395352704054.jpg
43KB, 400x569px
I just realised a shocking truth

/fa/ is unfashionable
I mean, it's sort of like some sort of brain wash going on here,
what styles are idealised here?
goth ninja is a market for rich stupid inept autistic children
workwear is worn by some fag who validates clothing by its rigidity, rarely ends up with a nice fit,
popcult designer era items look like crap
nobody has any foundation in art, and those who do are flops anyways
one in every thousand waywt actually look half as good as what an actual clothing stylist can compose for any given online model
people who have muscle and confidence are skewed as idiots with poor taste when plenty of them could be intelligent good people just enjoying life and not analyzing every detail of their wardrobe

and most important of all, the sheer number of similar products being posted and talked about really is the last straw, it shoes how incompetent and reliant people are on what they should wear, and how their ideology of fashion is based almost entirely on poor self image and low self esteem.

everything else is just a grail/brand circlejerk for people who Still don't know how to pull off the crap they own. like holographic rafs and creepers- what the fuck?

most trips are either weird gross human beings who real people don't want to associate with, or are good people who'se families' are worried about why they spend so much time in their room instead of going out and living a real life.

you're all just emulating what you don't have what's outside of your room by dressing as if you do have and live that life. see?
>>
that's right, OP! only YOU are cool! everything other people like that you don't is fufu as can be! you've figured it out, anon! who will you bless with your knowledge next??
>>
>>8554509
Good job not refuting anything and simply shitposting
>>
>>8554509
butthurt fuccboi

protip: half of /fa/ is trolling, the other half of /fa/ is fuccbois being trolled

if you dress like /fa/ in the real world you will get laughed at by everyone
>>
>>8554491
If you don't like it you can just giitt out
>>
>>8554491
>what styles are idealised here?

I googled "japanese hipster" and this came up

basically /fa/ idiolizes the guy this guy beats up in Japan
>>
here is the supreme /fa/ gentlemen
>>
>>8554540
if rick owens made something like that, /fa/ would eat it up
>>
>>8554517
>if you dress like /fa/ in the real world you will get laughed at by everyone
it's really lucky that you don't, OP! could you maybe post an outfit for us so that we can see what a real confident dude looks like? obviously i'm just being trolled by the popular users on /fa/, so i don't really have any coherent idea of what's a good look or not, so if you could show me i think that would really help me out!

>>8554513
but OP, why would i try and refute anything? you've got all the answers! like you said in your post, everyone that doesn't think the things you think is being trolled, and i must fit into that category! since i do, trying to refute any of the absolute truths that you're kindly laying out for us here in this valuable thread would be total foolishness!
>>
File: hero.png (15KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
hero.png
15KB, 100x100px
tl;dr

High fashion is very much a joke played on the wealthy.

Style can't be bought, and it doesn't have a brand name.
>>
That's why I just lurk here to observe aspergers laden, bullied in school, live beyond their means via parents money teens argue about things that aren't fashionable at all any more but they think are. I only seriously post in top level private men's fashion communities and let fa wallow with the reddits, sufus, styleforums, and whatever other outdated garbage circle jerks.
>>
>>8554542
>>>8554540
>if rick owens made something like that, /fa/ would eat it up

>/fa/
>dress like psychotic japanese rodeo clown
>shame anyone who doesn't

basically I'm calling /fa/ a fashion suicide cult and there are a lot of people around here drinking the kool aide

I'm also drinking the flavor aide but im doing so ironically
>>
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/05/13/supreme-creative-director-brendon-babenzien-style-design/

guy nails it, the difference in in style versus fashion
>>
File: 1390940151222.jpg (441KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1390940151222.jpg
441KB, 1000x1500px
>implying this isn't /fa/ as fuck
>>
>>8554547
you need to chill
>>
File: pw.png (135KB, 665x283px) Image search: [Google]
pw.png
135KB, 665x283px
itt poorly dressed people insult each other

https://warosu.org/fa/thread/S7970973
>>
>>8554566
I know you're joking about that post and many people not just on /fa/ would rip on them but Gothninjas/normcore/workwear/etc. looks just as goofy. It's just a different brand of unfashionable dorkwear.
>>
>>8554491
Fashion by its very definition comes in trends and prevailing styles. The internet is a force multiplyer of commincation, transmitting the styles of previously isolated subcultures and being a base for newly emerging ones, which are not based on geography but locations of intersecting interest online. This is how you can have gothninja, lunarcore, techwear, palewave, vaporwave, streetwear, etc, and this is also the reason why these styles seem so vague and undefinable; they are the product of the internet. Foundations are irrelevant, art accelerates from one mode to the next, the internet its catalyst.

These trends are etheral in their nature. To exploit them at the right time and place is to be fashionable, and that is the game I think of myself as playing. This is about challenge, creativity, and skill, nothing to do with self-esteem.
>>
>>8554566
Oh Gott Why. Are those pencils?
>>
File: analogytoclarify,foryouOP.jpg (26KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
analogytoclarify,foryouOP.jpg
26KB, 349x642px
>>8554556
Haha epic troll xDD joke's on le stupid 4chan people
>>
>>8554596
Whatever makes you feel better about following advice here, little guy
>>
File: 400px-ShadowTheHedgehog-M1911A1.jpg (50KB, 400x554px) Image search: [Google]
400px-ShadowTheHedgehog-M1911A1.jpg
50KB, 400x554px
>>
>>8554582
Fashion is about bandwagoning on actual subcultures and being a poser?

WTF
>>
>>8554605
lol awesome Rick Owens x Sega shoe
>>
>>8554556
And what are these exclusive "private communities" exactly
>>
>>8554711
...lol you will never learn about them, fuccboi
>>
>>8554627
>implying fashion has any substance
>>
>>8554491
>you're all just emulating what you don't have what's outside of your room by dressing as if you do have and live that life. see?
nah i only wear pajamas and nothing else when I'm in my room
>>
File: karina_london.jpg (42KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
karina_london.jpg
42KB, 497x500px
>>8554491

OP, clearly you have access to some level of awareness we don't have access to so please let us know what designers and clothes you like to wear.
>>
Don't know why people are so butthurt about what the OP is saying, it's not like he might be right or something. Oh wait...

I see constant inspiration threads with pretty interesting outfits but does anyone ever try anything interesting themselves? All you ever see is an expensive as fuck white t-shirt, skinny jeans and some stupid white/black high tops. Dressed like 99% of the fuccbois that are out on the street who never even visit these boards. B-but their logos and muh drapes.

I understand that this is probably the first time in their lives most people have actually put on half decent clothes that semi fit them, but that's not really fashion or being stylish. How are you being fashionable by wearing the most boring outfit imaginable. No one else cares that your white t-shirt cost 150$. Most of the time even these safe fits look ridiculous, because they don't fit their body types. Bunch of scrawny kids wearing tight af t-shirts with big ass clown shoes.

Expensive clothes won't buy you swag.
>>
>>8554491
w2c bird mask?
>>
>>8555009
You should write for Cracked.
>>
Just come back when summers over. Things will go back to normal again.
>>
>>8554547
>being this butthurt
>>
>>8555020
Mad his white tee, skinny jeans, and sneakers got called out
>>
i've seen gn done well plenty of times in nyc. you're just buttmade cuz u a poorfag plen.
>>
File: balenciaga.jpg (137KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
balenciaga.jpg
137KB, 600x800px
>>8554491

It's an image board, not a forum.

Use it as such. /fa/ shouldn't be your only source. In fact /fa/ is only good for spontaneous information about fashion.

Go buy a couple books that are fashion related and you'll actually learn things. Magazine publications are also good because they validate what is relevant at the moment. ex: tribal trends
>>
>>8556375
what books do you recommend
>>
>>8556375
people communicate on it. it's a forum. you little twerp.
>>
>people have different taste than me
>I just realized the shocking truth that their taste is wrong and that my unstated taste is superior
>refute me
>but I already know it's truth and I also haven't clearly stated my own aesthetic principles, I've just trashed on other people's, so any time you bring up a criticism I can just shift the goalposts and say that my shocking truth has unshockingly been verified

i bet you got all As in high school without even trying and you've always known you were the smartest kid in your small town and been very verbal about that despite the fact that you "chose" to go to community college because in your ever-enlightened state you realized that university is just a waste of time designed to get you to not live out your fight club dreams of eating cheetos and playing xbox live in a pleather gaming chair
>>
>>8554491
Congratulations, OP, this without question the best /fa/ thread currently going!
>>
>>8556384
Not that anon, but clearly they recommend this book, for one
http://www.amazon.com/Balenciaga-Lesley-Ellis-Miller/dp/1851775226/
and that links to several other interesting looking titles, which in turn lead you to more books...
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.