[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some /fa/ universities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12

File: dMTLkkBia.jpg (77KB, 384x199px) Image search: [Google]
dMTLkkBia.jpg
77KB, 384x199px
What are some /fa/ universities?
>>
>>8496814
Anything within the top 10 national universities
>>
Leeds University because it has the best nightlife and drugs. Drugs are obviously effay.
>>
St. Andrews
>>
>>8496942
You live in Leeds UK?
>>
>>8496814
NYU
>>
>>8496942
nobody respects anyone who went to leeds though
it's a shit university for morons
>>
one not overrun by marxist twats

have yet to find
>>
Industrial Design at HfG Schwäbisch Gmünd
>>
U. Chicago, Belmont, NYU
>>
>>8496814
Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
>>
not cal poly SLO

autistic engineers + farmboy hicks = biggest un/fa fest you've ever seen (the people are still attractive tho)
>>
Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp and speaking of which did void/user ever show his collection yet? I saw that his tumblr was deleted.
>>
>>8497061
What are u talking about m8 it's one of the best universities in the country and a part of the Russel Group (the only universities you should go to). Not to mention it has the largest and best union and the best student clubs and bars in the UK.

Metropolitan scrub detected.
>>
>>8496942
anyone from leeds wanna go out sometime next year
>>
>>8497134

best union and the best student clubs and bars in the UK.

that's dundee when I look at the ranking nigga
>>
>>8497151
>Scotland
>UK

Pick one
>>
What are the most /fa/ london ones?
>>
>>8497278
St Martins
>>
>>8497085
considering pursuing that field. how did you apply for that uni and how is it going for you.
>>
>>8497278
none
kek

westminster here
>>
>>8497377
Royal Holloway here

everyone dresses the same here.
>nothing interesting
>student life is good (clubbing is meh)
>>
>>8496814
Not UMD
>>
Is there anything on the East Coast that isn't NYU?
>>
>>8498174
lol as if nyu is /fa/

skidmore, boston college, etc
>>
File: Trinity College.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity College.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
>>
>anything other than #1 ranked Princeton University
>>
Oxford's pretty /fa/ imho. I'd say I like I like the LSE aesthetic a little more -- hyperintelligent autistic but also in
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

American ivy's are a mixed bag due to all the pleb affirmative action admits and the wierd strand of liberalism that infects a lot of the girls
>>
Is Drexel /fa/?
>>
>>8498221
Drexel is for nerds. Temple reppin
>>
Brown University
>>
>>8498397
And RISD
>>
>>8498174
"is there anything on the east coast that isn't NYU"
You fucking idiot
>>
>>8498410
I meant anything effay
>>
File: GoCrimson .jpg (486KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
GoCrimson .jpg
486KB, 1600x1064px
>>8498415
You fucking idiot
>>
Thinkin bout going to University of Toronto, you guys have any impressions?
>>
>>8497100
HAHAHA oh man I've got a friend who is a super sperglord (we all love him though) and fuckin dead on dude. He's an engineer at SLO
>>
File: 1405455382950.jpg (28KB, 384x199px) Image search: [Google]
1405455382950.jpg
28KB, 384x199px
>>
>>8498426
I'm sorry.
>>
UIUC
>>
>>8498439
This
ece master race

(Im actually just going to be a frosh next year)
>>
>>8498439
Pretty normcore
>>
>>8498435
thank you bald chan
>>
>>8498439
is this supposed to be U of I? I hate it when people call it UIUC
>>
Columbia
>>
>>8498512
Yes but its clearer on the internet where u of I could mean the one in chicago or iowa or something
>>
>>8497100
Try USC (socal). Entirely composed of frat retards and autistic CS kids. Every day there is hell.
>>
Who hear /newcastleuni/
>>
Any of the Florida ones?
>>
>>8498806
>florida
>/fa/
get the fuck out old money
>>
>>8498806
Nope. I'm at UF and can confirm.
>>
File: Florida_Gators.jpg (372KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Florida_Gators.jpg
372KB, 1365x1024px
>tfw got into NYU
>have to settle with literally the most un/fa/ uni in existence

>>8499261
ayyy lmao
>>
Is Bennington effay?
>>
>>8499685
I hope you like croakies and topsiders faggot
>>
>>8499828
I've learned to accept the plebness and embrace it, no use copping jawnz like rafdidas or UC jackets if you're just gonna look like a moron wearing that shit in Gainesville

>tfw only one on campus wearing CPs
>>
>>8499851
This is my story m8.
>be cool kid
>go to UF
>faggot because I don't have frat, don't wear stupid sunglasses and Tshirt with animals on them
>shunned by everyone
>never even talk to anyone at school unless assigned group
>graduate friendlesse except for people I worked with
>nojobmode engaged
>planned to off myself, my sister was modeling and convinced me to move to NYC
>get signed to an agency within a week
>become total normalfag, turns out I have that height and aesthetics
>have tons of girls, can't even remember how I was so beta in college
>go back to visit my mom, go out to midtown
>snobby little sluts still rude as fuck to me, only now they make fun of the dope fits I got for free
>doing a shoot with a photog named Michael Schwarz (google him) is from florida and we talk about gainesville
>say something I'll never forget "the whole point of the town is to get as drunk as possible and be the biggest asshole you can be"
>I travel the world, never go back, never talk to my friends from there

UF and Gainesville are the most pretentious shits possible. I'm just glad I didn't try to be /fa/ there because my life would have been even more of a hell on Earth.
>>
lol at all the public schools ITT
>>
>>8497100
>tfw go to cal poly
Your post was spot on
>>
literally columbia college chicago

95% of the people in this city that i can envision browsing /fa/ go there.

even one very famous /fa/ tripfag from ages past.
>>
>>8499883

a) if you were cool you'd have pledged a frat

b) your story is bullshit
>>
>>8498433
Boring, full-of-itself, all the courses that seem interesting from the outside will fill up. Compared to other universities in Canada, you'll get well-educated, intelligent professors and a cold administration that doesn't care if you fail or succeed, as long as you pay your tuition. Staying in residence never seemed worth it to me.

It's big enough that you'll find people you like and if not, at least you'll live in the city. It's relatively expensive but people will recognize the name (as they would with Waterloo, Western, McGill and UBC).

>thinking about
Are you 16?
>>
>>8498439

lmao. is this a joke?

i graduated in 2012, UIUC is about as normal as it gets. there's normalfags, frat bros and sorority hos, foreign students (let's not even get into them), and faggots in urbana that think they're setting a new trend when they wear selvedge.
>>
>>8498537
>USC
Yo.

I'm actually enjoying myself there. That said, if I were 18-22 I'd probably kind of hate it.

The frat guys are kind of annoying in terms of their general undermotivated attitude, but I've been to a few frat parties with a buddy of mine and have had a decent time.

My only real problem with the place is all of the foreign students. I find the SE Asian ones and the ones from god-knows-where in the Subcontinent to be least tolerable.
>>
>>8499936
>the only people that think about going to college are 16
curry confirmed for 160iq
>>
>>8499921
No.
Being in a frat makes you a faggot m8. They literally dress like they're going out of boat fishing every day of the week despite living 100 miles from the ocean. Frats are for faggots and you're a faggot for thinking they're cool .

What do you study btw?
>>
>>8499936
im in UofT (not rly)

but my best friend is, w-would you hook up with him for me?
>>
>>8499951
That's a different guy you responded to, and also I semi-agree.

I'm a Finance major
>>
>>8498202
While in the merry month of May from me home I started,
Left the girls of Tuam so sad and broken hearted,
Saluted father dear, kissed me darling mother,
Drank a pint of beer, me grief and tears to smother,
Then off to reap the corn, leave where I was born,
Cut a stout black thorn to banish ghosts and goblins;
Bought a pair of brogues rattling o'er the bogs
And fright'ning all the dogs on the rocky road to Dublin.

your pic made me want to transfer to that college
too bad I will probably stick out there as an asian guy
>>
>>8499943
Tell me more
>>
>>8499984
Holy shit is Tapley still there?

College of business is such a ripoff bro
>>
University of Technology, Sydney.
>>
>>8496814
Brunel am I right?
>>
>>8498208

LSE is the least effay uni u could go to barring Imperial, but you're right it is at least in L O N D O N

source: i go there

ur right about the hyperintelligent autists tho
>>
im going to usc columbia here in august.

completely ready for all the fratcore boating b.s. but i lean more towards streetwear / hawaiian-weather permitting clothes anyway so I can't wait to make some new black friends and show off my super cool nikes and shit
>>
>>8500394
what is fa then
>>
georgetown, Duke sometimes, USC, NYU, RISD, Havard sometimes, McGill grills

>>8500396
sorry Columbia is not effay at all. during the summer sorta but the rest of the year its all sweats.
>>
>>8497305
this is the only real answer
>>
File: pem944.jpg (42KB, 590x288px) Image search: [Google]
pem944.jpg
42KB, 590x288px
Cambridge obviously.
>>
>>8500399
in london? goldsmiths maybe tho it is full of posh girls from Buckinghamshire
>>
>getting an education anywhere but the UK

Lol u plebs
>>
>>8500531
that sounds good
they will like how cool and liberating i am compared to their conservative background and want to fuck me and i'll teach them about cool things and they will buy me clothes from liberty and stuff
>>
File: pizap.com13649103927471.jpg (167KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pizap.com13649103927471.jpg
167KB, 1280x1024px
the school of hard knocks, hunger and pain.
>>
>>8500459
it really isn't
>>
>>8500643

>acting like you don't know american institutions are ranked higher and have accomplished more in less time

remember inventing the internet? our universities do.
>>
>>8500692
Remember desktop computers? They were invented by Alan Turing. They even have a memorial of him near Manchester University.

Apart from Yale and Havard American education is woeful.
>>
File: 1363464360452.png (512KB, 1349x656px) Image search: [Google]
1363464360452.png
512KB, 1349x656px
>not studying for a degree w/ avg starting salary of at least 60k USD
>>
File: R1-08110-000A_0001.jpg (997KB, 1800x1215px) Image search: [Google]
R1-08110-000A_0001.jpg
997KB, 1800x1215px
>>8498537
>>8499944
Yall are buggin.
USC frat parties are insane. Spent a couple crazy weekends there this semester
>>
>>8496942
Sheeit I hope I get in, results are in august
3 feckin As
>>
>>8500679
Yes it is. u jelly you got to a shit-tier university? Pleb.
>>
>>8500837
>mfw I only needed AAB for LSE

smashed tht anyway but smh Leeds
>>
wherever you have a good time and learn a lot

arguing over prestige is fucking stupid

I go to uoft and I hear my fellow students ripping on ryerson and york all the time and it's just so lame, like maybe you should focus on not having such bullshit readings of the course texts before feeling confident enough to rip on people who didn't try as hard as you did in high school
>>
>>8497151
dundee has the best union. hodor is fucking djing there in september.
>>
>>8499915
lol
that school lets literally anybody in. and their programs are mostly pleb as fuck taught by adjuncts
>>
>>8496814
I'm going university of nottingham
>>
>>8500459
It's a good university. It is not a /fa/ university.
>>
>>8497353
Prepare portfolio of your best 15 drawings/sketches, send application, they give you an excercise which you have 4 weeks time for, then you go there and do other excercises over the course of a day and then they have a personal conversation with you where you present your portfolio, your excercises you did at home and the ones you did over the course of the day. It's pretty much the best one in Germany but there are others where you just send in your portfolio and do one drawing there. It's not always that complicated
>>
>>8500643
american universities rank higher than any other foreign universities.

your average flyover state uni is better than the top university in say, a country like italy or sweden
>>
>>8496942
I'll be going into 3rd year when i go back into September. Welp. Help me /fa/.
>>
>>8498845
Lived down there for 5 months
Can confirm its only new money no matter wat they have u believe
>>
>>8500902
I imagine that america made these rankings
>>
Trinity college Dublin ofc
>>
college isnt fa

it's full of average people who dress average and are into average shit. going to college is as normal as going to highschool. it's not 1920.
>>
>>8496814
I would say University of Miami Southern Metro Dade campus is the most /fa/ of all the major instittions of higher education.
>>
>>8497578
why's that. lol
>>
Where my Australian national university bros at?
>is asok still here
>>
>>8498366
dem temple lurkers doe
>>
What is the most /fa/ suny?
>geneseo
>buffalo
>stony brook
>binghamton
>albany

Inb4 state schools aren't /fa/
>>
>>8498439
bro i'm so sorry you're even less effay than umich
for anyone considering both, that's hard to do
>>
>>8501588
obviously FIT
>>
>>8497278
>>8497305
chelsea
wimbledon
lcc
camberwell
all of ual.
also goldsmiths
>>
>>8497278
Camberwell now oficially coolest London uni because Peckham is the new Dalston
:^)
>>
bard/oberlin/new school + all the other liberal arts schools in that social network
nyu/columbia/ucla/berkeley can have /fa/ people
st. martins in london
im in berlin and its unis are leagues above any in the u.s. in terms of fashion/coolness
havent been around uni scene in paris or milan but they send a lot of /fa/ exchange students here
>>
>>8501801
i go to ucla, there's like 4 fa people here
>>
>>8501588
binghampton has jews, sb has asians
>>
>>8497093
how so faggot? I live in Cedar Rapids and am considering it. how the drugs
>>
ctrl + f radboud
no results

nedervrienden jullie stellen me flink teleur
>>
>>8502074
The people their have a unique fashion sense. Lot's of diversity in tastes.

They're also very nice.

You definitely should. It's a great school. I love it here.
>>
>>8497085
Very nice. I'm a bit jealous.
On the other hand, it's Gmünd.
>>
>>8502080
different anon who's also looking at drake. how effay are the guys compared to the girls? are there a lot of slutty qt's? and what's frat life like?
>>
>>8501740
>obvious bait
>>
cal state long beach has hella fuccbois who are sort of effay. a lot of cute grls too
>>
>>8502230
Like I said, all the guys have their own styles. You got the preppy guys who dress each other. The frats who are also preppy but more casual, and fuccboi tier. Got the hipsters and their effay elitist fashions. Extremely diverse.

I would say the girls are a bit more effay. They all have unique styles, but you got the same cliques.

Greek life is pretty cool. You don't get the stereotypical dudebro douchebaggery. Everyone here is nice and 'classy'. Very polite and well mannered. But the parties get wild as fuck.

As for the girls? Holy shit, they're fucking gorgeous man. More than half of the student body is female. And god, they are fucking beautiful. In terms of sluttiness? I've had tons of hookups. Both with new girls each time, and the same ones.

They're bold as fuck here, too. My freshman orientation, I was blow away at how ballsy these girls are. Staring directly at you, giving you bedroom eyes and sexy smiles, and when you catch 'em, they keep on doing it.

But of course you still got the autistic kids and their shitty autistic fashion. But you can never escape that.

All in all 9/10 effays. Great school.
>>
File: 1404707980526.jpg (32KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404707980526.jpg
32KB, 439x500px
>mfw rejected from Yale, Brown, and Columbia
>mfw my credentials are basically meaningless
>>
>>8502357
Did you never have an interview?

My high school grades were absolute garbage. A fucking sub 3.0 GPA for fucks sake. But I'm just a slacker.

I scheduled a personal college visit with my school and the admissions counselor fell in love with me.

That's what sealed the deal. You have to let them get to know you as a person. Not as a statistic.
>>
File: Lyon21.jpg (493KB, 1024x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lyon21.jpg
493KB, 1024x400px
>>
not the University of Tulsa, I can tell you that
>>
>>8502367
I did alumni interviews with Yale and Brown, but I wasn't able to actually visit because airfare is fucking expensive. Good interviews and essays, glowing letters of recommendation, 34 ACT and 4.0gpa--what else was I supposed to do? D: I only got accepted to my state flagship (UMN), which is fine, but I could have had way better social and mental health throughout high school knowing that. :/
>>
>>8502421
More and more colleges are taking a more holistic approach.

And if they don't get to know you as more than a number on a paper, you're fucked.
>>
I'm convinced Louisville is the most un/fa/ place on the planet.
>>
>>8502436
I was involved in a shit ton of music and leadership stuff too, and I thought I did a good job conveying myself in my supplemental essays. Eh. There's always grad school.
>>
>>8500866
aab for lse? damn... what subject?

also is that from 2013 admission, they upped all their grades the year i wanted to apply. that said im glad i didnt get in because lse sounds like a shit time
>>
>>8502258
i'm not even trying to aggravate the stupid big 10 rivalry thing; midwest a shit but at least umich has the rich fobs & daddy's money ny kids who occasionally have good taste
>>
>>8500866
im at lse end of september
masters though
>>
NYU isn't /fa/

>tfw still applying to an NYU doctoral program but will probably end up settling for fucking Fordham
>>
>>8500896
heres the catch
i live in california....
do you think i could apply as international and just send in all of my sketches instead of having to fly to germany for a interview?
thanks
>>
any in michigan?
>>
>>8498439
Zach?
>>
>>8502503
>>8501740
>>8502556
>>
Villanova is pretty preppy, that's about it
>>
Thinking about attending DePaul? Any good?
>>
>>8500896
I'm not the other guy you talked to, but thank you for posting that.

Could you please tell me what your course of studies is called and why you picked it over the others?

You mentioned your portfolio, do they want you to stick to a theme or is it irrelevant what you show them [e.g. landscapes, portraits etc.]?
Did you feel like they especially focused on craftsmanship or your creativity/ability to design while looking at your work?

I would very much appreciate any further information you can give me, you already helped me a lot. Thanks for that.
>>
SVA
>>
I'm going to Willamette University in Salem, OR this fall.
>full of crunchy liberals
>qt3.14 outdoorsy chicks
>rainy and temperate so will be able to pull off cool fits while staying comfortable
>small and an hour away from Portland
overall not really /fa/ in itself but I'll make my experience there effay af. I mean that's really all you can do. there aren't really inherently /fa/ schools. there will be plebs at all of them and cool people at all of them. who you associate with dictates your experience
>>
File: 1389919825439.png (407KB, 673x604px) Image search: [Google]
1389919825439.png
407KB, 673x604px
manchester school of architecture
>>
>>8502499
economic history lelders. yeah AAB is p good considering its grad prospects but then most ppl who get in have waayy more than just AAB.

>im glad i didnt get in because lse sounds like a shit time
not necessarily true if u make the effort, but for most ppl ur basically right. for most of us its a trade off of future earnings vs deece time at uni.
where u going btw, am i remembering correctly that u were a law applicant?

>>8502513
mfw theres more of u guys than undergrads at my uni
>>
>>8502889
yeah and york
>>
>>8502905
well thats pretty sick specially for law, im sure you'll have a good time :))
>>
>>8502025
who are you
>>
>>8500890
Same here, what subject? Year?
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.