[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /fa/ organize their clothing? Some of you very expensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

How does /fa/ organize their clothing? Some of you very expensive shit, do you just stuff it into drawers or do you have legit closet space?
>>
File: dbl-cdn-01-serve.jpg (25KB, 440x550px)
dbl-cdn-01-serve.jpg
25KB, 440x550px
wardrobes.

Don't hang anything that'll stretch over time due to gravity (t-shirts, knits, maybe sweats). Hang everything else.
>>
>>8406542
everything is hanging, even the silk and deconstructed cotton though I put it on wooden hangers right at the seams cuz I know that its possible it will put a hole through it if its hung incorrectly.
>>
>>8406542
should I hang my silk shirt? kinda new to this
>>
>>8406563
should b fine, people kind of overhype the stretch factor of clothing.
>>
>>8406570
allright, should I get some particular hangers? I have ikea ones right now, and it's panful to see my dries shirt on those cheap pieces of crap

>pic related

Hell, they aren't even the effay wood ones
>>
>>8406563
depends on how loose or firm the material is. Silk should be okay to hang, a loose linen weave not quite so.
>>
>>8406580
go for hangers with rubber or velvet applied to their ends to keep the clothing piece in place.
>>
>>8406542
stack it on the chair lel
>>
>>8407273
I actually do that because I cycle through my pieces alot and am just too lazy to put them back into the wardrobe...
>>
>>8406580
Wooden hangers are kind of overrated and something everyone bandwagonned on after visiting a hotel once. You need something smooth that won't snag. Try narrow velvet flocked hangers for lighter things and actual high quality wood hangers (NO SPLINTERS) for heavier things (e.g. jackets)
>>
>>8406542
I don't get people who have these clothes rails as wardrobes.

1. Don't your clothes get dusty?
2. You can only fit about 5 things on them, do you really have that little clothes?
3. The 'no-hang, no-stretch' is bullshit, you can hang everything, just use a wider hanger for heavier things. Hangers are there to replicate your shoulders. If things shouldn't be hung then why do shops use them?
>>
>>8406542
>tfw get home, zip off my dunkks, throw em across my room and go to bed.

idgaf
>>
>>8406542
I use a large rail like they have in shops
>>
>>8407756
Hanging outerwear this way is convinient, because it's something you'll grab on your way out of your place.

Also not everyone has enough space to hang other things in a cupboard or don't have a dedicated spot to store clothes. And I guess it looks stylish too. Yeah they might get dirty but not that much really.

>>8406580

I don't know if I'd trust these with any of my clothes and I don't even own really expensive shit.

I need a really good hanger for a bomber jacket that I have, too bad the Hanger Project ones are too large even in the smallest size.
>>
>>8407797
Who the fuck doesn't own a wardrobe?
>>
I just fold my shit up in drawers because i cant be fucked to by a hanger(have been meaning to for ages), what are the cons of using drawers?
>>
>>8407830
that's not the issue, the issue is : do I have enough room for everything in my wardrobe

or : is it convenient to have so and so in my wardrobe or should I put these items on a rack instead. It also means you don't have to fold everything, which in some cases is nice.
>>
>>8407867
So you put the clothes you don't wear often in a wardrobe and the ones you wear everyday on a rack?
>>
I don goofed
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8408382
Forgot pic I don goof twice
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
I just have loads of these wooden hangers from Ikea. They're pretty decent and haven't ruined any of my clothes yet.

Pic related.
>>
>>8409085
Is this the new meme sweater?
>>
>>8409085
>keeping the tag on
looks dope tho , personally i wouldn't hang it cuz there are really no benefits from it yet more cons but w/e
>>
>>8409279
What cons from hanging a sweater that's spent it's life on a hanger anyway? Also why would I cut the tags out?

I cut the tags out of my boxers because they itch, but that's about it.
>>
>>8409085
>hanging sweaters
please don't...
>>
>>8409279
I thought the only thing you should fold is heavy knitwear? Shirts, sweatshirts and tees are fine on hangers right?
>>
>>8409294
Well it hasn't spent it's life on a hanger has it you spastic , it's been folded up in a warehouse somewhere waiting for you to buy it on sale.
The cons are it stretching , attracting moths and splinters whereas folding it and putting it away instead of showing it off to your mum when she cleans your room decreases the likelihood of all of that happening.
And i'm talking about the tag you obviously have left tied to the label for no reason as at all.
>>8409305
Gravity is a bitch yo
>>
>>8409294
He meant the ACTUAL tag, that's hanging from the string off the label.

>>8409302
How legit is this? None of my hung sweaters have stretched an inch. I have a slightly more delicate knit that I've folded anyway just in case.

The only thing I own that's stretched at all is my Alexander Wang rayon, and tbh it actually looks pretty cool with a bigger neck.

How do you store your sweaters? And what's the correct way to fold a sweater? I read somewhere before that you should hang them through those formal trouser hangers.
>>
>>8409085
while it is a super fine knit the weight of the sweater will pull down and warp the fabric. sweater aren't usually stored on hangers but folded on shelves instead.
>>
>>8409305
hanging t-shirts is just wasting space really...
shirts are g2g
sweaters and anything heavy, like knitwear, can get droopy + hanger creases if stored like that. They should be folded and tucked away in a closed drawer with a cedar block for proper storage.
>>
Stop being so autistic and hang your clothes on normal hangers. Anything made out if cotton or denim isn't to stretch.

The only thing you shouldn't hang is really heavy or fine knitwear. Hangers replicate your shoulders, does gravity ruin your top when you're wearing it?
>>
>>8406580

I would get thick (large diameter) wooden ones. These will distribute the force over more of the clothing and protect the seams and lines from forming.
>>
>>8407830

americans invented this shit called closets. basically they took an area the size your bedroom and attached it to their bedroom. its called a walk in closet
>>
>>8409351
What is fine knitwear? What about really thin cotton? Please provide a list of materials that shouldn't be hung (if it's not too much bother).
>>
File: image.jpg (733KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
733KB, 1536x2048px
>>8408387
Itt: we post our wardrobes/cupbosrds
Storage inspiration.
>>
>>8409983
The fuck does that wardrobe in particular inspire you for? Shits messy.
>>
W2C a nice wardrobe
>>
>>8409401
wool knits are the main thing that shouldn't be hung
wool is heavier than most other fabrics and will thus stretch more

My closet is actually the best looking part of my room, architecturally. It's awesome and shitty at the same time. I hang my button downs, coats, and sweatshirts. Sweaters are folded on the shelf. Pants, tees, socks, etc. are rolled in a dresser. I have a few hooks for things that aren't dirty that I'll wear again soon.
>>
>>8409401
Fine knitwear is really thin delicate knitwear like silk/cashmere/wool blends. Also clothing with a large open weave is more prone to stretch and go out of shape.

I hang my tshirts, shirts, cotton sweatshirts, outerwear and fold my jeans over hangers as well. All of my knitwear I fold and store on a shelf, as well as any open weave stuff.

Honestly people taking about how the force of gravity is going to ruin a 100%, not very heavy sweatshirt are chatting shit. You should only be worried about knitwear because the gauge of the fabric isn't as tight together and other garments.

As a rule of thumb look at the care label, if it says 'reshape after washing, or reshape when damp' (like most knitwear) then it shouldn't be hung.
>>
>>8411205
Talking* and 100% cotton*
>>
>>8406542
everything is in a heap in my cupboard. Imo it's actually better that way. I had a linen tee that got a little distorted from hanigng

shoes are just in a row out of the way
>>
>>8410698
literally IKEA
>>
I have a bucket of shoes.
>>
>>8411480
Expedit is pretty cool for storing shoes.
>>
File: IMG_4823.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4823.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
ikea rack (same as in OP) and hangers for anything nice. tshirts, sweats, underwear etc in drawer under bed.

it's a cheap short-term solution. I'll invest in something nicer when i have my own place but right now I move around too often to bother.
>>
File: 71rDjMchrML._SL1500_[1].jpg (147KB, 1000x885px) Image search: [Google]
71rDjMchrML._SL1500_[1].jpg
147KB, 1000x885px
I was thinking about this thing + wall shelves and a curtain in front of the whole thing when I move into a new place, so I don't have to buy something like >>8406555
Over here in Europe, walk-in closets are not quite a thing yet
>>
File: Original.jpg (2MB, 3195x2418px) Image search: [Google]
Original.jpg
2MB, 3195x2418px
this is mine lol
>>
>>8412262
why do you have so many CDG x Supreme hoodies
>>
>>8412235
i hate that rack

shit slides off the side and lands on the floor all the fucking time

and the top rail bends with high end leathers or thick wool overcoats
>>
>>8412276
>so many
>2
pick one.
>>
>>8412318

>3

one at the top too.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.