[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan Docs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0847.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0847.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
Anyone here ever bought a pair of vegan Dr Martens?
I'm looking to cop a pair similar to pic related, but I'm not sure if they'll hold. Are they reliable or should I just grab a leather pair?
Looking to wear them at work.
>>
>>12748229
just grab the normal leather pair
>>
don't...

if you can do the difficult and rewarding moral task of being vegan then do that. don't quit over a shoe.
>>
>>12748229
Never owned a pair but apparently they are very bad quality in terms of the fake leather and general build quality. Regular docs are pretty bad too since they're made in Thailand or China nowadays and don't last anywhere near as long as they used to.

Look for a pair of docs that are made in england as these are more durable and higher quality, or else check out the solovair 1462 model, which is even better (solovair were the original maker of docs up until the 00s). If you don't want to contribute to the leather industry then you can usually find second hand pairs in good condition on eBay (and a lot cheaper than new)
>>
Thanks buds. Their made in Thailand line doesn't give them a favorable light.
>>
>>12748229
Buy used MiE-Docs. You'll get the best of both sides. Decent quality (unlike the asian-ones) and you still keep up your vegan-status.
>>
>>12748229
Yeah I bought vegan 1460s a couple weeks ago
>>
I want to buy some doc martens derbies but I here that the factories have changed since the glory days. should I look on ebay for second hand? or just buy new ones?
>>
>>12749801
second hand, look for a pair that says made in england on the sole (or at least on the tongue). the leather quality is so much better on old ones, new ones feel like cheap plastic in comparison and are a bit bulkier too.
>>
>>12748229
Why don't you just buy used old leather shoes/boots? If that cow died 50 years ago it's gone and you're doing more harm to animals around the world by supporting the production of plastic docs.
>>
>>12750629
what's the sizing on the old ones compared to the new ones? might try a new one on for size then buy off ebay.
>>
>>12750736
Old ones are more snug in my experience, not sure if this is just how they're made or if they need time to break in. I tried on a pair of new 1461s and had a lot of spare room in width and length, whereas my old 1461s have barely any spare room and are a bit snug in the toe box. I would recommend going with a seller who accepts returns in case they don't fit comfortably
>>
>>12750707
Ok. Nobody is going to buy into this hippy shit. I think you have noticed that already
>>
>>12750707
This desu

>>12750800
t. teenage
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.