[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BASIC BITCHES AND NORMIES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

inb4 it's not fashion related, how you carry yourself and your mannerisms is 100% related to fashion.

Ok /fa/ lets approach his topic.

How do you deal with vapid normies in a way that isn't obnoxiously condescending?

For example, all of my coworkers are dull basic bitches or normies, they have vapid non conversations, conventional interests and make unfunny jokes with a clearly observable social power dynamic with some almost worshiping others. How does one deal with this without openly declaring that they're above it all and alienating themselves or going insane and losing their personality?
>>
Just act aloof and don't engage them. Don't start conversations but be polite in passing. Never ever take a side or express an opinion. Don't hang around anywhere outside your office. That's how I survive in my office full of normies. Basically make yourself seem boring to the boring people and they'll ignore you.
>>
>>12737222
Also don't really express any kind of emotion besides clipped politeness. Like you'd want them to treat you. Nice but not familiar.
>>
>>12737222
>>12737228

But it's not a particularly healthy environment to be in when you're regarded as the quiet yet polite weirdo that everyone pities. In fact it opens it up for office politics and bitching.
>>
bum
>>
>>12737230
I don't mean be quiet or whatever. You can just not engage but be nice and engage appropriately. Office politics is entirely avoidable. There are a lot of politics where I work. I'm able to detach from it all.
>>
>>12737204
i just keep a casually friendly relationship with everyone at my job. it's really not that hard, just engage in conversations whenever some come up (if you're one of these "but i'm too smart for their unintellectual normiechat" types just off yourself, you're special in a bad way), give your two cents to whatever comes up, try to always be friendly, offer help and be as superficial and nice as you can be.
this is your work and not the place for you to fully express yourself and your oh so deep inner intruigings. use your time off for that.
>>
>>12737204
Just stay out of topics that would alienate you. For example, once politics come up I try to check out and not engage. I try to talk about abstract stuff or hobbies that they are into, try to learn about something they are passionate about.

I may be lucky that most my coworkers are bros and smart and nerdy about certain things so there is always something interesting to get into. We have fun talking about the lowest of humor, basically fart jokes, at the same time we also talk about morality or high tech ways to rob a bank.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.