[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a forum for high end fashion like pic related? you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 00-tout-a$ap-rocky-raf-simons.jpg (1MB, 2759x2759px) Image search: [Google]
00-tout-a$ap-rocky-raf-simons.jpg
1MB, 2759x2759px
Is there a forum for high end fashion like pic related? you guys are poor and have awful fashion sense. seriously haven't seen a single good fit on here and each outfit is like 40 dollars if that. I honestly feel gross even browsing this board
>>
oh no that man is touching his raff xD
>>
literally you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTv52wNT7KA
>>
>>12735939
/fa/ before 2013. Just lurk the archive, there are NO good fashion forums on the Internet anymore. Wait like 10 years so fashion can fall off or not cool anymore. This bubble has to burst eventually.
>>
sufu is pretty good, but i have no idea how active it still is.
>>
>>12735977

>You won't ever visit 2008-2012 /fa/ for the first time ever again

Man, the first Hitler youth, raf's velcros, rick owens and goofninja threads where fucking great
>>
>>12736075
raf owens raf owens dixk showens
>>
All the good ones need invitation
>>
>>12735951
THIS IS SOOOOO GAAAAAAY
>>
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with style zeitgeist, their waywt threads are great but as soon as they start talking about fashion in general it gets ridiculous. I've never read anything so pretentious
>>
>>12735943
xxx + DDD
>>
>>12736116
It's called actual discussion, talking about actual designer fashion and stringing actual sentences together to do it.

I think most designer fashion has an inherent tendency toward pretentiousness. That's part of the exclusivity factor that makes people want to buy things but at the end of the day it's still just clothes. I think what you call pretension others would just see as giving substance to a piece of clothing. Clothes are just things but fashion is ideas.
>>
>>12736227
I don't believe that fashion of any form is inherently pretentious at all, the same way other arts such as music and film aren't, to further he film analogy of can have a discussion about art house films without being pretentious so why not avent garde designers?

Maybe calling them pretentious is a bit much of a direct attack, honestly I just don't like the whole fight against fast fashion narrative they have going nor the way they treat newcomers and those less experienced
>>
>>12736254
I think it comes from a concerted effort to keep the forum focused and free from all the shit that dragged down so many other forums. I agree the negativity can get out of hand there and it's part of the reason so many people left. You certainly need to earn any kind of respect there as a newcomer but I think that promotes lurking and reading all the great information that is there before you jump in and start blind possting.
>>
>>12736269
>>12736269
If they want a fashion safe space then I guess that's fine, it gives me photos to look at in my lunch break. But when the place eventually stagnates and dies I won't shed a tear
>>
yikes
>>
>>12736307
I know what you mean but it is a fantastic resource. There's a lot of bs to wade through but there are some really interesting reads there. It's great to be able to get stuff from the horse's mouth when GBS posts about his influences and direction. A lot of users there are actually fashion insiders so it's nice for those of us not in the industry to get the inside scoop on what's going on with our favorite labels and designers.
>>
>>12735977
we /latestagecapitalism/ now, there's no falling off from that
>>
kill yourself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.