[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is normal business wear so ugly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

The ugly dress shirts, the ugly jackets, the ties...Its all so dreadful looking. How did this catch on?
>>
>>12687950
idk but it infuriates me
being someone that loves suits, i admire these people that get to wear one daily and i hate them for usually just throwing that opportunity away, even though there is so much you can doi with a suit
>>
Accident of history because Britain became the economic powerhouse of the world and got everyone else to think dressing like this was the "appropriate" and "modern" way to dress to conduct business. I guarantee you if China had the Industrial Revolution and colonies all over the place we'd be wearing derivatives of hanfu.
>>
>>12687950
>>12688046
idk but my friends who work in the financial district in Sf buy their shirts and stuff from costco and express. they're doing pretty well though at PWC or whatever
>>
>>12687950
Because they get their stuff from department stores and have no sense of fashion.
>>
What's the difference between a good dress shirt and a bad one?
>>
>>12689715
Fit, mostly.
>>
agreed. it's complete shit
>>
>>12687950
you mean
>american business wear
>>
>>12689939
This desu, American suits are trash compared to European. The only thing that *some* American companies do well is dress shoes but even still England is king for those and you see all sorts of monstrosities like bicycle toe slip ons being worn with business attire in America
>>
The vast majority of people who wear suits for work do NOT want to be wearing suits on a daily basis
>>
File: srs.png (1MB, 1192x688px) Image search: [Google]
srs.png
1MB, 1192x688px
>>12689956
>>12689939
There is really no difference other than the collar of the shirt. Show me a radically different side by side of an American and European suit. The only differences you'll find are the minute cherrypicked details that only an aspie brain would detect and have a meltdown over.
>>
OP speaks to me.

I am saddened by this since I love suits, but the main issue is fitting. It just looks dreadful and overall awkward.

Hence, why I do a business-casual (dress shirt, watch, lossened tie [like I got out of the office I do not even work at], jeans, sneakers). I never find a real reason to wear a suit. And if I did, the whole attire just feels odd and forced.

Blazers are okay, and vests can do the trick. Suits are just... exactly how OP described.
>>
>>12691030

If you wear a tie when you do not work in an office/are not required to wear one then you will look like an autistic fuck/virgin, and people will laugh at you when you explain that you just want to look like a 'gentleman'.

What do you think lawyers/bankers wear when they are not required to wear suits/ties? casual clothes like everyone else

you fucking virgin faggot
>>
>>12691569
This desu. I work in probably the most luxury industry that exists. Billionaire clients come theough the door daily. Even during work nobody wears suits unless directly interfacing with customers and vendors. Business casual and even sneakers are common. Even then ties are a rare sight, suit jacket with open collar is often preferred.
>>
>>12690336
You know nothing. I hope you're underage because this is embarrassing. Next time lurk more before posting. Thanks in advance
>>
>>12691608
>show me an example of your point

>top kek newfag
>>
>>12691030
>the main issue is fitting
Try harder
t. disproportionate skelly

I only own one suit for job interviews but it's a size 38L extra slim fit and fits me perfectly after a little tailoring. It took me a few hours of suit shopping, but trust me, there is a huge variety of suit cuts, you just have to try on a lot of stuff and see what works, be honest about the shape of your body - for example a high rise waist is essential for me to even out my torso proportions (very long and slender)
>>
>>12691608
Thanks for naming not one single difference :-)
Actual fucking moron
>>
One word. "Fitted".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.