[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest /fa/, how much do you spend on clothes yearly. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 9119fho1JmS._SY355_.jpg (28KB, 337x355px) Image search: [Google]
9119fho1JmS._SY355_.jpg
28KB, 337x355px
Be honest /fa/, how much do you spend on clothes yearly. How much is too much? I have spent about 1200 on clothes alone this year.
>>
too much, my wardrobe is essentially 95% designer
also pay a lot for alterations and dry cleaning especially
>>
Was gonna buy some pants this year but time got away from me :/ Don't think I will, can just do some alterations to existing pieces.

So far: $10 on wool socks

Hoping to buy $20 of leather to make shoes, if that counts.
>>
I'm a student. I make 20k a year. I'd say I spend 7.5k on clothing/shoes/accessories and grooming per year. I'm guessing though.
>>
>>12672990
Around $500 - $600 maybe?
Almost all of it is spent during the first week of a good sale.
Only buy from retail during sales.
>>
>>12673372
Nice how you manage to earn that while studying?
>>
>>12673500
?

Part time job? Not exactly rocket science, every student has at least 1.
>>
>>12672990
Maybe 2.5k CAD a year, but mainly on big pieces
Probably gonna spend wayy more this year though cause I have extra dosh

Want to get a part time but I know I probably won't have enough time because of school. It'd be trill to just make 5-7k and spend on clothes which should be easy to find but I probably can't make the time (study Chemistry and Pharma at a top 25 uni worldwide so I'm fucking struggling mane)

At least I managed to make like 2.5k this summer, but I might throw it in a fund with other savings
>>
>>12672990
I've been unemployed for the past 3 years (signed off on the sick for 2), so very little.
This year I've probably spent about £100-150 on clothes so far since I've decided I need to get out of my depression and look good again.
>>
Considering everything I bought in July was easily $1000, I'd say I'm spending way too much in a year.

But I'm trying to stop nickel and diming myself with cheap, "trendy", or fast-fashion pieces. I got rid of way too much garbage at a yard sale that I've accumulated in the past few years.
>>
>>12673689
Hope things work out for you mate. What have you bought?
>>
i use 70% of my monthly 190€ income on fashion pieces. that means i always save around 130€ and every 2 months i buy a pair of pants, a jacket, or whatever
>>
I am a bit poor because I am on disability, so I can barely just manage to even pay my bills. Occasionally I buy things on sale, but is always super cheap stuff (because nobody wants it).
>>
>>12673253
to make shoes.
lul
u will fail
u can make a scaef i guess though
>>
>>12673500
i guess a job at the company of his father. ehhm self earned i meant. truely sucessfull young people
>>
>>12673927
anorexic right?
>>
I honestly think up to 1000 is a sweet spot for it. >>12673500
Get a part time job man shits good. I am still studying and I make 500 smacks on the bum a week
>>
>>12674940
Even worse, autistic. What did you expect?
>>
>>12673719
I appreciate the nice!
I've bought 2 pairs of skinny fit chinos (khaki and grey/black/white army pattern).
A Central Perk Friends t-shirt.
A pack of boxer shorts (6 pack multi-colours).
A pair of jeans (slim fit, actually really fucking nice).
A plaid shirt.
2 long sleeve t-shirts/polo shirts.

I'm a cheap fuck, I'll hunt around until I can get everything I want cheaper than normal price...
Everything I've bought recently should total to about £400 but I got it all for about £150 so I'm happy.
The key is watching the Amazon prices almost on a daily and getting the shit when it's at the absolute lowest price.
A few years ago I got a pair of Yves Saint Laurent jeans and a polo shirt for £40 for both when it was meant to be £200 for both... just gotta watch the prices.
>>
>>12674982
u must be pretty autistic to get disabbility. i am on lvl where i wouldnt get shit but life is hard anyway. light autism, dyspraxia, light dyslexia, social anxiety. ehhhhh just wake me up
>>
>>12675005
I was just diagnosed with high-functioning autism (still called that back then) and depression. I got a university degree but never really worked since I applied for disability and have received it for about three years now. But because autism cannot be cured, and on top of that my social anxiety is extreme when I meet those government doctors, they often tend to think I am a hopeless case. I am "unfit for work" for at least two other years. Well I can get a job obviously if I want to, but working is horrible and the most stressful thing on Earth and the thought itself makes me want to die.
>>
>>12674933
you realize you can make 20k working a part time right?
>>
>>12675022
i know man. shit is scary. i cant drive cars or use heavy machinery cuz i have laggs in my brian and cant concentrate. i got ssris and they help with depression and anxiety a bit. but you should try to get a job at family if u can i guess. like than u know u wont be fired and anxiety isnt trough the the roof 24 7. but i guess that isnt an option for u like for most of us without wealthy families. i hope u wont get nuts sitting at home. just study another major i guess, forced routine is very good in my experience
>>
>>12675039
u cant. not legally. or if u are working at dads
>>
I've definitely cut back this year but have spent about 500 on sneakers and about 100 on tees. Will be getting a Canada Goose parka later though, once they come in stock at the store I like
>>
>>12672990

This year, probably 400-500?

I'd say over 2k is quite a bit, unless you aren't getting anything secondhand. I've been watching sales at therealreal and then just getting pieces altered to fit.
>>
>>12675052
are you fucking retarded?
i guess your english already confirmed that, actually
>>
About $150-$500, depending on whether or not I buy boots that year.
>>
>>12675039

>>12675052

In Switzerland you can
>>
i spent at least 2-3k last fall winter season. only spent like 300 this season. depends on the season. there was basically nothing i wanted this time around. generally only spend money on clothes for winter because i dont see the point of buying nice clothes to turn them into sweat rags all summer
>>
>>12675099
you should look into nanamica's down coats
>>
>>12672990
>reading replies in this thread
>tfw spend easily 1k /month
im not wasting my money r-right guys...
i do sell most of my wardrobe regularly though so i get a lot of it back
>>
>>12676108
i'm in the same boat even though i only buy used help
>>
>>12676072
Yeah I bet they're dope. I have been thinking about going up to (((Toronto))) this fall to shop, they have some cool looking streetwear boutiques. The only place I know of in the Midwest that has Nanamica is Mildblend in Chicago, and they just have bags
>>
It varies. I bought some Wolverine 1k boots, a Barbour jacket, several fairly expensive shirts and jeans all in a month last year, but then I haven't bought any new clothes this year.

That said, I am planning on getting a Harrington, a Leather jacket and some nice knitwear soon, so that'll cost me a lot.
>>
File: 9-0tOfTc.jpg (32KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
9-0tOfTc.jpg
32KB, 290x290px
>>12675052
assuming you have a marketable skill that pays above minimum wage:
($15/hr*avg 30hrs/wk)*52 weeks = $23,400/yr (before taxes)
or with slightly lower pay + more hours:
($12/hr*avg 35hrs/wk)*52 weeks = $21,840/yr (before taxes)

or even lower pay, and then taking the avg number of weeks in 2 semesters a year with 30hrs/wk, and then full time (40hrs/wk) during the weeks off school:

(($10/hr*30hr/wk)*32)+($10/hr*40hr/wk)*20 weeks)) = $17,600 (before taxes)

So we found out it's possible, but harder near the avg minumum wage / work-study wage of $10.

just graduate and get a salaried full time job. it's only 3-5 years.
>>
>>12672990
you niggas worry me. class division is getting harder. seriously I love fashion too but this shit is eat well or be hungry and well dressed.
jobs are not paying better, shit is still very fucked up.
>>
probably about $800 in a normal year

i lost about 60 pounds this summer though so i have had to buy all new clothes, think ive spent 3 or 4 thousand including work clothes
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.