[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people learn to fashion and keep evolving with the times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2169.jpg (169KB, 540x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2169.jpg
169KB, 540x797px
How do people learn to fashion and keep evolving with the times? Also how do they discover new brands and learn about the history of designers and the meaning behind runway shows and seasons? If I hadn't discovered /fa/ I probably wouldn't have ever heard of popular brands like Rick or say Undercover, CDG and whatever. But at the end of the day other than IG this is truly my only exposure to fashion and I don't really know anything about it and just of if some popular names and I don't really have a "sense" of style I guess. I definitely don't consider my self fashionable even though I would like to be.
>>
the internet, books, word of mouth. It's that simple really.
>>
>>12643622
"The spread of commodity-images by the mass media, produces "waves of enthusiasm for a given product" resulting in "moments of fervent exaltation similar to the ecstasies of the convulsions and miracles of the old religious fetishism."
>>
Id on jacket?
>>
Check warosu
>>
File: hey-arnold-1-500x375.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hey-arnold-1-500x375.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
tons and tons of observation. you can become fashionable without ever coming here. think of garments as semiotic signifiers, not brands and clothes. pick apart the outfit of everyone you see and dissect what each part makes you think of them. online as well as in person, if you live somewhere worth emulating
>this seems shallow
it's fashion that's the point
once youve got enough exposure just avoid the things that aren't "you" and wear only the things that speak to you. like imagine you're creating a cartoon character of yourself; all cartoons are dressed meticulously by animators to look exactly how they behave and to convey character traits. eventually you'll end up with sort of a uniform. like steve jobs, or thom browne and his daily suits, or arnold with that long shirt. your wardrobe should be your essence

as far as learning about designers goes, just browse obsessively through ssense and mr porter and totokaelo and barneys and all those webstores that carry all the designers too, (grailed too) when you see what you like watch runway shows. don't neglect blogs too so youre not clueless. theyre shit to dress like, but reading complex/ hypebeast/ even that new one from grailed can be helpful for being aware generally. other forums too, maybe, idk if theyre active bc i don't wear designer anymore. superfuture, style zeitgeist, ktt, hypebeast, i'm forgetting some.

but really more than anything, people watch and think critically about everyone you see. there's a reason basic white girls are known for their uggs and leggings. there's really only so many archetypes 99% of people fall into.

when you've got "your look" down dude it's magic. people just remember you, or want to talk to you. it can't be contrived at all, your wardrobe's really gotta match your lifestyle and hobbies and interests and personality. but when it all comes together it's like a beacon of expression among mortals. way easier said than done obviously good luck anon you're gonna make it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.