[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone give a guide on sunbathing for a man who's white

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: man-sunbathing[1].jpg (33KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
man-sunbathing[1].jpg
33KB, 590x393px
Can anyone give a guide on sunbathing for a man who's white as snow? Do I have to shave my legs/arms for optimal tan? How long do I have to tan?
>>
>>12641055

1. USE SUNBLOCK OF AT LEAST THIRTY SOLAR PROTECTION FACTOR.

2. SHAVING BODYHAIR IS UNNECESSARY.

3. EXPOSURE OF FIFTEEN MINUTES IN TOTAL IS SUFFICIENT.
>>
I am Greek so I am an expert on this topic

Not everybody can tan. Some very white north Europeans come here, stay in the sun all day, and they only ever become red, which goes away in a few days.

I am very white for a Greek, and the first few times in the sun I get red, but it slowly becomes a tan. After a while I get tanned quite a lot and stop being red. The more tanned you are, the less protection you need.

I start at 30 SPF for the first 4-5 times at the beach, and then switch to 30 SPF for the face, the nose and my forehead especially, and 15 SPF for the body.

If you apply sunscreen every hour or so, you can stay in the sun all day. I do it all the time, I work many hours so I try to get as much sun as I can during the weekends and vacations.
Don't forget to flip sides.
Also you get a lot of sun while swimming, especially on your head, shoulders and upper back. The water keeps you cool so it's deceptive.
>>
Don't shave.

If you have fragile white skin, don't go in the sun before 4pm (at leat it's like that where I'm from in Mediterranea because we have very high UV levels)

Use solar protection in fragile zones.
Shoulders nose, cheekbones and forehead

A good looking tan is a result of multiple exposition at moderate UV levels.

The best way to have a uniform tan is to move around (jog, play football on the beach, go for a walk).
You tan more quickly in the sea, so go swimming
>>
>>12641086
>3. EXPOSURE OF FIFTEEN MINUTES IN TOTAL IS SUFFICIENT.

On both sides total or only for one?

>>12641095
>If you apply sunscreen every hour or so, you can stay in the sun all day
Is that really advisable for a person who hasn't tanned at all before in the season?

>Also you get a lot of sun while swimming, especially on your head, shoulders and upper back. The water keeps you cool so it's deceptive.
Yeah, I read the same is true for wind as the cooling factor can mask apparent burns as they are developing. There's even a term "windburn".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windburn

>>12641103
>at leat it's like that where I'm from in Mediterranea because we have very high UV levels
I'm higher up North. Sun is most active during 11:00-13:00.

>You tan more quickly in the sea, so go swimming
Isn't this more related to what this poster >>12641095 said about deceptive cooling?
>>
>>12641113
>On both sides total or only for one?

BY "IN TOTAL" I MEAN THE ENTIRE SUNBATHING SESSION.
>>
>>12641055
Go listen to the stuff you should know podcast about sunburns and aunt and, understand how UV A and UV B radiation interacts with your skin to produce either tans and burns. Then decide for yourself how you want to approach tanning.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.