[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Fashion Sense In History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 8

File: Byzantine Fashion.png (2MB, 1500x791px) Image search: [Google]
Byzantine Fashion.png
2MB, 1500x791px
What people from ancient times up to the modern day do you consider to have the best fashion sense and why?

Mine is without a doubt the Byzantines. Pic related. The patterns, the precious metals, the color scheme and the overwhelming feeling of condescension. Beat that.
>>
>>12630994
The main goal of fashion in a general sense is affect (followed by function, as well as some more abstract artistic concepts), which is so contextual that it would be more of a sociohistorical question than a personal aesthetic preference one. So what I think you’re really asking is what time periods fashion is most aesthetically appealing to other anons in their contemporary perception of style. Am i correct? I apologize for the pedantry, but these are different discussions so I feel like communication might be improved by a clarification of goals
>>
>>12630994
the western culture looked similar to middle eastern yeah ? pretty interesting. there are lots of references to middle eastern cultures in western names or other things.
>>
THE IMPERIAL ROMANS IN GENERAL; THE EMPIRE DURING THE THIRD CENTURY IN PARTICULAR, BECAUSE IT WAS SIMPLE, BUT NOT PRIMITIVE; SOPHISTICATED, BUT NOT SUPERFLUOUS.

BYZANTINE FASHION IS THE EPITOME OF SUPERFLUOUS FASHIONSTYLE —SUPREMELY DECADENT—; A CONCRETE MANIFESTATION OF THE PREVALENT ETHICOMORAL DEGENERATION OF THAT PEOPLE.
>>
File: IMG_20170724_153221.jpg (4MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170724_153221.jpg
4MB, 3480x4640px
>>12630994
I prefer the baroque fashion. It's so grand. But I wouldn't drag the way people dress in their time and place down to their personal taste, but more to the structure and features of the society they live in.

Despite the interest in fashion people on here have, if you look in the waywt you can very clearly pinpoint the time and society they all live in because they don't manage to distinguish themselves past the frame of current broad trends. If people on here can't make themselves look 20 years out of place when trying how could someones personal taste have them distinguish themselves completely from the style of an entire society in the past? Broadly style will be influenced slightly by the general taste of the wearers but it's more independent features in the society that decides how it will evolve on a larger note, the means of production, the economical standing of the class, the role it plays etc (if flashy clothes is how you'd get attention in that society then it will steer that way, but maybe strong warriors are more important and then youd get prestige for war stuff not related to fashion instead, and less focus would be on clothes)
>>
>>12630994
Ancient egyptian. Elegant and light
>>
File: constantine-xi-statue.jpg (131KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
constantine-xi-statue.jpg
131KB, 800x533px
>>12631040
Yeah, that's what I like about byzantine armor, it's like a mixture between roman and arabian/turkish armor.
>>
File: Rome party.jpg (484KB, 1960x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Rome party.jpg
484KB, 1960x1220px
>>12630994
Romans for sure.

SPQR
>>
File: Caesar-and-Vorenus-in-the-Senate.jpg (929KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar-and-Vorenus-in-the-Senate.jpg
929KB, 3008x2000px
>>12632584
>>
File: Julius C.jpg (65KB, 490x306px) Image search: [Google]
Julius C.jpg
65KB, 490x306px
>>12632587
>>
>>12631064
Pants are barbaric
>>
>>12631481
You do realise those arabian/turkish armour styles came from byzantine armours, not vice versa?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.