[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, do you ever visit shops which are above your financial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20170716_213452.png (48KB, 1080x456px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_213452.png
48KB, 1080x456px
Guys, do you ever visit shops which are above your financial limit and you are not able to afford anything there?
(without buying the cheapest item they sell or spending whole paycheck on single thing)

I have never been in Versace, LV and other boutiques like this, I just find it embarrassing going there just to lurk without any possible intention to buy.
Wtf do I say to staff? Hello, no thanks, I just want to see things I cannot afford?
>>
I do, I just look around, sometimes try something on. I also like talking to the employees about recent collections. I have actually made some pretty good friends this way when I was in Paris and got a few invites for runway after parties but unfortunately could not attend.
>>
Also what is atmosphere like in these stores? Do they all behave like you are someone super wealthy and important?
>>
>>12609704
Generally yes. I've been to Gucci and LV and a few other designer stores and the people there are incredibly nice and treat you like millionaires. This was before I really even knew how to dress as well as I do now.
>>
>>12609719
But were you able to afford these things? I am afraid it must be really obvious if I was there just to lurk, not wanting to buy anything.
There is always more staff than customers, cannot just waddle in mob without anyone noticing and trying to talk to me.
>>
>>12609678

No. Even though I do buy luxury designer clothes online (just ordered Chanel sunglasses + an Alexander Wang dress a few days ago) I don't go into their stores.

My reasons for this are (and in that order)
1) I live in a very rural area, far away from any luxury brand fashion stores; and the few stores they do have in Germany are incredibly small, with only a few bits of the latest collection available
2) Since these stores are rarely visited, you'll immediately be pounced upon by the employees - at least this has always been my experience ( in Guess or Diesel stores mostly, although they're not even luxury) - this was thankfully not the case in the Lafayette shopping center in Paris (yet, sadly, I felt disappointed by the lack of interesting items I found there - just bags and perfumes everywhere)
3) I'm no fan of "just browsing" in general; since I associate shopping with at least 1 hour of driving, it'd be too much time and effort wasted just to look at the stuff for sale
4) at age 21 I'm too young to shop there without arousing suspicion or people wondering "What old man did that girl bang for that credit card?"; I've gotten used to that in hotels, but boy it's annoying af.

Finally, one piece of advice: if you do go there, go alone. Don't bring friends with you, especially if they can't afford it and aren't interested - REALLY interested - in fashion. There is no worse way to stand out than your friends loudly sneering about the "ridiculous prices for clothing you could easily get at a Primark store for 2€" etc (and yes I speak from personal experience; and yes I'm aware that this seems quite arrogant, but that's no way to behave in a designer store).
>>
>>12609817
Don't worry, I don't have any :^)
>>
>>12609817
To the employees overehelming you instantly, here it happens in any store of higher level than h&m because they are always empty. I cannot imagine the numbers and tactics of those in dior.
>>
>>12609678
>Hello, no thanks, I just want to see things I cannot afford?

2/3 of new cars purchased begin with this line at a dealership.
>>
>>12609678
I live in the midle of nowhere, so online is the only option. But if you live in a big city, just go to those department stores(barneys, dsm, etc...).You'll be just another one lurking around.
>>
>>12609678
I'm not visiting retail in the first place. Antonioli, Ssense, Mrporter and Grailed are enough for me.
>>
>>12609817
Welche Stadt? Wohne in Düsseldorf und die Breuniger und Jades21 haben viele Besucher. Leider werden dort keine mir interessante Brands verkauft.
>VooBerling, Shopbop, SotoStore & Firmament Berlin are only good stores in whole Germany
>>
>>12609817
how much did you inherit?
>>
>>12610044
richfags out.
>>
>>12610051
daddy doesnt need to die to give u money
>>
>>12609733
I dont know what boutiques you shop at but where im at its always busy.... And it annoys the shit out of me. Im trying to buy shit however the store is quite chaotic!
>>
>>12609817
Lol, no way to behave.. If they want my business ill act what ever way I want and they can blow me.
>>
>>12610068
But employees are not these guys that want your money, they just want their money at the end of the month
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.