[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age is it un/fa/ to live at home I'm 3 months into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: 1490227327804.jpg (170KB, 826x646px) Image search: [Google]
1490227327804.jpg
170KB, 826x646px
At what age is it un/fa/ to live at home
I'm 3 months into being 24 and I feel like it's do or die this year
>>
Anything past graduating high school is the cut off imo.
>>
>>12551409
I think the average male is living at home until 25. (assuming they haven't bolted to college).

Usually after 25 unless you're divorced living with parents is for losers. And if you're divorced living with parents you're even lower on loser chart than everyone else.
>>
I waited until I was 21 and I felt fucking lame until I got my own place.

Also, having your own place considerably increases your chances of hooking up. Don't wait too long, dude.
>>
>>12551409
you're looking to be dead by 27 so i'd say get crackin
>>
currently 29 and live at home

free rent allows me to buy more clothing :)
>>
>>12551464
I am looking to be dead by 27
>>
>>12551490
good

"short term" investments like porcelain veneers are great because you'll die before they need replacing
>>
>24 live with ma poor immigrant single mum and two younger siblings
>graduate high school almost finish community college
>mom too old, frail and uneducated to werk
>both siblings dropout of highschool
And have fucked up psych issues
>take some time off school find werk at a dental lab job to support ma senpai
Im still fucked arent i?
>>
>>12551505
>Senpai
Why the fuck did i type that? I meant family
>>
>>12551505
i feel bad for you desu

but good for you for helping your family

best of luck
>>
>>12551510
If you type certain "black Twitter" words, it automatically changes them to weaboo ones.
>>
>>12551464
>>12551490
>>12551499
>Not wanting to be silver foxes
>>
>>12551576
yea f a m is one of them if I'm not mistaken.

test: senpai
>>
Seriously though, times have changed, it isn't feasible for everyone to leave home at 18 and be able to support themselves

Most people I know only moved out when they got married because that was the only way they could afford property. A lot of parents discourage their kids from renting because they think it's flushing money down the toilet.
>>
>>12551505
The loser stigma that comes with living with parents becomes null and void once you start helping them out. then it just shows strong family values and become honorable depending on the level of care.
>>
senpai
>>
I'm 25 and moving back home temporarily
considering drinking a jug of bleach, sucks man
>>
>21
>live at home
>make $200 a week working part time while I go to school

how could I possibly move out? unless your parents are paying your rent or you live on campus on their dime, it's not really feasible. Even then you don't live on your own, you just live by yourself.
>>
>>12551505
nah dude you got dealt a shitty hand, but you aren't running away from your responsibilities. I can respect what chu doing, also a bunch of college grads I know are still staying with their senpai cause it's just cheaper.
>>
Get married ASAP and let your wife help you afford a place.
You think women are saving their money so you can buy a house together when you marry in your normie-sanctioned 30s?
They're not: they're spending that money going to Europe to get fucked by Monsieur Chad and Herr Thundercock.
They're going to expect you to have bought the house on your own.
>>
>>12551576

>black twitter words

baka senpai
>>
>>12551442
Only exception I know of is a friend who was going to law school and lived at home to save money. Dude got mad pussy.
>>
>>12551409
I live at home because I help my grandmother who raised me. Fuck whatever others do, if she is dependent on me and needs my help I can't leave her alone.
>>
>>12551490
I've been thinking about it. I'm 24 atm. I barely have anything to live for now that I'm out of university. The past couple of years I've been doing nothing really.

I'm absolutely terrified of becoming that 30 year old loser, alone or in an unhappy marriage, and just coming home from a dead end job until I die.
>>
>>12552351
What did you study?
>>
My parents insisted I stay at home to save bank. I work as an union electrician and make 29/hr. I would have the time or the finances to maintain a home/yard, and I assist them with home projects and yard projects. I pretty much have a wing of the house to myself, so it's not bad at all. Currently saving up to buy a house/property in Utah with cash, no mortgage.
>>
>>12552419
>would not have the time/finances to maintain my own home
Fixed.
>>
>>12552351
>>12552354
I also share the same interest.
>>
doesn't matter. when you feel financially able to, just do it. you'll have to do so eventually anyway. only excuse is if you literally can't because you lack the funds.

and stop comparing yourself to others. a lot of people don't get ahead due to lack of jobs and financial means. that's life shitting on you. shit on life instead and still have your cake and eat it too!

also disregard women, get money instead. they are all garbage. you know that meme. it's true.
>>
>>12552424
>>12552354
Education. I liked poli sci and history, my parents were teachers, I just kinda rolled with it so I'd have a job after.

That's actually apart of what feels so depressing desu. I feel like I've always had back up plans for shit, but never a true dream.
>>
>>12552441
This is good advice.
>>
>>12551409
idk, I had to stay at home to take care of my parents since they fell ill -- I'm not complaining. I'm working as a doctor, have good relationships with people out of my immediate family, and a life apart from home.

My parents moved my father's parents into their home when my grandmother got sick, and it's definitely not uncommon to have multi-generational households in Eastern Europe. For example, our neighbours have their children, children's spouses, and grandchildren living in their big house, more than 10 people -- all a big, happy family. And yes, they are white collar workers.

Can somebody explain why Westerners hate their parents? Do they not value the inheritance of the family estate?
>>
>>12552351
i'm the guy that posted the thing with lucky blue smith, you're kinda doin it wrong man. you've gotta use the 27 deadline to be as low inhibition as possible. and i'm not talking pick up artistry or any of that bullshit, i'm talking pursuing art, vandalism, or anything you ACTUALLY want to do

>inb4 i don't want to do anything

fair enough bro
>>
>>12552518
I love my mother but being she makes it impossible for me to be at peace and is so embarrassing that I pretty much cannot mix my home life with my social life, which means never bringing people home

I know I'm probably going to end up having to take care of her when she's elderly so I at least want a few decades of my life where I don't have to be emotionally drained by her everyday

Plus I don't have much to inherit from her anyway but the thought of that honestly doesn't cross my mind much, I don't really like to think of how I'll benefit from family passing
>>
>>12552457
Dunno about situation in your country, but teachers are always welcome. Why don't you apply somewhere since you have a degree? Don't sit on your ass doing nothing, it will backfire very hard if you can't fill your CV.
>>
File: 1419072467197s.jpg (6KB, 235x216px) Image search: [Google]
1419072467197s.jpg
6KB, 235x216px
>mfw live in Sydney

not gonna move out just to live in a broom closet with a bunch of chinese for 400 a week
>>
>>12551505
Are you a spic?
>>
>>12552537
>I love living with my mother for free and using her as a financial and emotional cushion to validate all my shitty life choices, but when doesn't and gives me different advice I scream at her because she's right and I never want to grow up and be responsible for my actions
What you meant to say, if no one was looking
>>
>>12551510
>being this new
>>
I was legally emancipated and living on my own at 16.
WTF are you retards doing still living with mommy into your 20's?!
Jesus Christ your generation is pathetic.
>>
I'm 21 moving out next month :))))))
>>
>>12553007
Not really
I've been pretty emotionally distant from my mom since high school
I do feel pretty guilty about not paying for as much as I should which is another reason why I want to get out.

Weird to be projecting at me instead of just expressing shit directly, we're all anonymous so it doesn't even matter bruh
>>
>>12553102
You are too old to be on 4chan
>>
is it considered living on my own if i have my own place in the same apartment building as my parents?
>>
I'm 32 and will probably not be able to move out until I'm 37 or so.

That's what you get for being born into a torn apart shit family in an absolute mess of a ghetto, while still trying to get a decent degree and work/save to someday (maybe) have a better life than what your parents have foreseen for you.

All it come down to is financial status. All the kids in my university have their own place by the time they're 20. If they work any jobs at all, it's just extra pocked money to spend for booze on weekends.
>>
>>12553102
nice meme, you managed to sound just like every other ignorant fuck in your generation.
>>
>>12551797
you get roommates obviously
>>
>>12551409
yeah sooner you get out the better

anyone whole lives at home is /basic/ and can't be /fa/ simply because they can't see how basic they are
>>
>>12551505
>immigrant
you have to go back
>>
>>12551466
>check em
this desu senpai
>>
>>12551409
To be honest, its not as embarrassing as it used to be due to the prices of shit now. A lot of adults mid-20s are choosing to stay at home because of ridiculous rent/mortgage/bill prices, especially here in the UK.
>>
>>12551505
no, helping a family out makes you seem responsible and a good person (because it is and you probably are)
good on you
>>
In wide parts of industrialised Asia, people stay at home until they're around 40 or get married, simply because they can't afford to live on their own. I feel like this will slowly become the standard in the West as well.
>>
>>12551505
If you're a beaner, then fuck off. If not, then you're doing the right thing
>>
>>12551409
anything past 18 and I completely lose respect for a human if they still live off their parents
>>
File: d0e.jpg (160KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
d0e.jpg
160KB, 625x918px
>>12551409
america is a bitch when it comes to college
>>
>>12553682
I bought my house in the burbs when I was 25 (a few years ago). I saved over 100k to have more than enough to put 20% down on the house. I saved my wages from my summer jobs starting from when I was 15 and making min. wage all the way through college when I worked summer internships and made some real money. From a young age I always saved birthday money from grandparents ($50 here, $100 there). I payed for college out of state and did not work while I studied.
The problem is kids these days don't know how to save. It isn't taught in school, I was fortunate to have parents that taught me the power of saving from a young age. I didn't blow it all on designer clothing or dumb shit I wouldn't care about when I am 25.
I gave myself a "fun" budget which I used to go to concerts or buy myself something special every once in a while, but never went overboard - maybe a few times a year.

I hope this helps someone. I recommend reading "The Automatic Millionaire", although the interest rates are somewhat outdated - the concepts still apply.
>>
>>12553705
>buying a house in the burbs for 500k
>not buying 4 rental properties or a larger acquisition or a syndicated deal to provide cash flow and live for free for decades

t.nigger
>>
File: 1490710853966.jpg (2MB, 1475x1837px) Image search: [Google]
1490710853966.jpg
2MB, 1475x1837px
>>12553822
you're both cucks
anon does not own a house
and you do not own any rental properties (as if there is no work involved in maintaining rental properties)
>mfw 2 nignogs in a fashion thread.
>>
>>12551797
roommates, anon. Buddy up with a friend and go halfsies on rent and utilities. I did this when i was 18 and it worked until i lost my job.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.