[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

File: kill me.jpg (4KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
4KB, 297x170px
What's the best way to get rid of forehead acne? This is the most un-effay thing about me right now. NOTHING will get rid of it either, i've been washing my face twice a day, using acne cream twice a day, and there hasn't been a noticeable change at all. What should i do?

pic related, about what it looks like.
>>
Kys
>>
accutane
>>
stop touching your forehead and keep your hair out of it.

Splash cold water in the morning and wash at night. maybe switch to a gentler sensitive skin cleanser.

your cream might be doing more harm than anything.
>>
>>12550512
>your cream might be doing more harm than good?
how so?
>>
>>12550544
Establish a skin care routine of
1. Wash
2. Moisturize
3. Use a spot treatment.
The skincare addiction subreddit is pretty useful for choosing products
>>
>>12550502
go vegan
>>
try an exfoliating bha
>>
>>12550502
how often are you fapping?

srs

i started fapping more and it helped my skin

i think it has to do with balancing hormones ect

at first it will get worst but as long as you keep fapping it will eventually level out

currently fap at least once a day, even when having sex, and my skin is now clear as day

when i didn't fap everyday, (every few days) i would break out
>>
>>12550601
same guy

because when you fap every few days, your body goes from raging hormones to none, and that unlevelness messes with your skin

fapping just resets the sebum cycle and like i said, you ge the toxins out first, then its just a matter of keeping your skin refreshing
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 1200x675px
how can i get rid of this?

>inb4 shower
i do and i wash my face daily with soap but nothing works and ive tried almost every skincare product on the market so far...
>>
>>12550610
rub piss on your face

srs
>>
>>12550610
how old are you?

looks like small breakouts to me, use toothpaste or a cream
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1200x675px
>>12550612
fuck off

srs
>>12550615

yeah they are small breakouts for the most part but they never really go away since i have very fair skin and you can easily see the red marks.sometimes they get worse, especially when i accidentally scratch my face and make them bleed.
>>
>>12550502
Drink water.
>>
>>12550625
you know it wasn't meant as an insult/joke?

Urine has many good antioxidants that helps the skin. Urine Therapy is a real thing.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/what-wiping-pee-on-my-face-did-for-my-acne
>>
>>12550507
This.
Treatment process might be somewhat uncomfortable, but totally worth it.
>>
Clindoxyl before you go to bed, propolis when you wake up
>>
>>12550642
has anyone tried this??? I've used every type of cream but nothing has worked. Also is it safe
>>
>>12550507
/thread
Wasted 2 years of my life being disciplined as fuck and trying everything to fix my acne, but this was the only worthwhile thing. I'm being serious OP. Don't waste your time and just use accutane.
>>
>>12550660
found the shill
>>
>>12550625

it looks tiny desu everyone gets spots occasionally, it'll pass

count yourself lucky you didn't get my aids, it sucked, looked like the plague
>>
>>12550642
Ofc it's vice. Lol @ anybody actually doing this

The real answer to solving acne, like all other medical conditions, is CBD oil
>>
>>12550661

>shill

what the bloody fucking hell are you on about?
>>
>>12550667
shilling accutane you blockhead
>>
>>12550659
it does indeed work

my girl lets me piss on her face every morning and she has amazing skin :)
>>
1) Use a facial cleanser
2) Use an exfoliating treatment two-three times a week
3) Figure out what sort of t-zone you have and buy the appropriate moisturizer

Huge tips:

Don't touch your face
Don't let your hair sit on your skin
Don't pick at your acne because you will get permanent scars that will make you incredibly ugly.
If you have acne on your scalp or cysts, don't fucking scratch at them. It exacerbates the problem. Having a dry scalp leads to acne and scratching at it leads to infections that lead to cysts and more acne. Try using a dandruff shampoo and cutting down on shampoo usage.

Look up salicylic acid as a spot treatment. There are also drying creams you can use but the most important thing you can get out of spot treatment is a reduction in swelling so the results aren't immediate.

The best thing you can do for your skin is to be consistent with your routine. People always ask how they can get help with their facial acne but they are too fucking lazy to wash their faces twice a day. Put the slightest effort into your routine and you'll see a difference.

If you're still a hormonal teenager, and I'm sure you are, considering you're asking for acne advice on 4chan, there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent blemishes. You can ask your derm about accutane.
>>
>>12550670

you can't shill accutane you silly cunt, that's like saying you're shilling carrots you braindead fuck.

Accutane isn't a company. Honestly end your dumbfuck self.
>>
>>12550610
there's a skincare thread up already but the tl;dr is that you're probably hurting your face by using soap since it is very alkaline
like someone said earlier, reddit is better than 4chan for this, go to skincareaddiction or asian beauty

>>12550642
>vice
lmao those faggots are so retarded

>>12550673
this is not bad advice but the don't touch your face and don't let hair sit on your skin meme is not true, if you follow a proper skincare routing those things barely matter
it's like changing your pillows twice a week, it doesn't fucking matter as long as you have a good routine
>>
>>12550625
Are you a girl
Wanna be my gf
>>
>>12550502
Honestly one of the biggest ones is just washing your pillow cases, you sleep on that shit for like 8 hours.
>>
>>12550625
You're 18, as somebody who wasted years with useless treatments, take accutane. In 6 months you'll have perfect skin.
>>
>>12550724
stop shilling accutane fgt
>>
>>12550625
u r cute bb

unless you're a faggot then kill yourself faggot
>>
>>12550686

I think touching your skin and letting your hair touch your face has a chance of clogging your pores with dirt, excess oil, etc.
>>
>>12550727
That shit is the only thing that works.
>>
for me I just drink lots of water, shit everyday, clean muh face in the morning and before bed
occasionaly I will get one dot, I just pop it and put acid on the mark after
>>
>>12550727
stop being le epic meme spouter kid, you cannot shill a generic product, get off 4chan and read a book
>>
File: 63003824_p0.jpg (237KB, 720x1084px) Image search: [Google]
63003824_p0.jpg
237KB, 720x1084px
>use accutane 2 years ago
>acne is back
I got fucking scammed and now my lips don't have the ability to hydrate themselves
Proceed with caution
>>
>>12550762
THIS

fuck accutane
>>
>>12550746
it's not for small breakouts you fucking mongoloid, it's literally the last resort and you're recommeding it to a fucking 18 year old with teenage acne, what the fuck?
>>
>>12550783
It works, what else would you want? A routine that could give you similar results is more expensive, needs constant supervision by a dermatologist and requieres the discipline to cleanse, treat and moisturize two times a day for months. Compare the expenses, the effort and the results to just taking a pill. And for your information accutane can be dosed for light acne too, you just take less of the drug
>>
>>12550791

accutane shouldn't be used for light acne like the girl above, she has an isolated case of it which is pretty much normal for most. Acne should be used when it's severe like OP has.

It can mess people up also, there's cases of person(s) being on it and offing themselves wether it's due to the meds or mental condition is largely unknown but it should only be used when it's a must (serious cases).

It's unlikely a dermo would proscribe it to her anyway as she has common isolated spots.
>>
>>12550803
It all depends on the dosage, in Korea it's pretty common to prescribe very low dosages for teenagers. I don't know what's the reason of your fearmongering but accutane works.
>>
>>12550807
>>12550807

i'm not the guy above lad, i've been on it for years and it cleared me up properly.

it's just not needed for small cases
>>
>>12550791
>A routine that could give you similar results is more expensive
what a load of horseshit, accutane is 30eur/month on low dosage (I know because I'm on it), don't know what routine would cost more than that per month
>needs constant supervision by a dermatologist
routine needs supervision by dermo ? and accutane doesn't ?
>the effort
2 * 10min a day vs constant remoisturizing of lips and face, rashes and other inconveniences

can't believe I'm responding to this, you're insane
>>
>>12550816
And I'm saying that it can be used for normal acne on low enough dosages. Do you think the derm is going to give her the same dose as someone with huge cystic acne? Of course not.
>>
File: photo.jpg (176KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
176KB, 1280x960px
>>12550502
>>12550610
1. Drink a lot of water
2. Don't touch your face, ever
3. Change your pillowcase regularly (i use one for 4 days where I sleep on a different section of it every night)
4. If your hair is long, put it up using a hairband when sleeping, as your hair can transfer a lot of bacteria to your face at night
5. Always wash yourself after you've been sweating from working out or being warm in general
6. Working out and sweating, combined with drinking a lot of water, clears your body of toxins (through sweat) which prevents them from building up under the skin.
7. Stress contributes a lot to acne. Do anything to reduce stress.
8. If you're going to pop a pimple, never do it with unwashed fingers. Most pimples (especailly small ones) should be left alone, even though it looks ugly. They will usually just go away if you give it a day or two.
9. If you've got acne on your body, always start showering your head first, then work downwards until you end up reaching your feet. So many people with backne wash their back first, then they wash their hair which sends a lot of bacteria down to the back again.
10. Wash your face with either a mild soap or a face wash, then reapply the lost moisture by adding a moisturising cream. Washing your face with just a soap, then leaving it be will cause the skin to overproduce oil and clog shit up.
11. Reduce the use of foundation makeup.
12. Vacuum and clean your livingspace as dust in the air will clog your pores. It's also important to open the window once in a while while also making sure your livingspace isn't too humid or too dry.

If nothing seems to help with reducing or removing acne, the problems are most likely connected to hormones. This really depends from person to person. Here, visiting a dermatologist and maybe using accutane and such might be a valuable option.

I stopped getting acne in my face at age 19, despite living with really bad acne from age 15, but my backne is still going strong today (i'm 20).
>>
>>12550842
lol at least you're honest enough to say that following that bullshit meme schedule doesn't work
>>
>>12550855
which one are you referring to? thank
>>
>>12550865
everything, it seems like you copypasted the first thing you found on acne.com, i don't mean any personal offense but that routine is bullshit, no wonder you still have acne
>>
>>12550872
I wrote everything from my own experiences, and when I started following the routine thoroughly, my face improved a shit ton in just a few months. All of the information is either personally gathered or gathered through hundreds to thousands of posts and comments from 2012 to now. Water, workout, the pillow-factor and and face care seemed to be the biggest helpers. Also, I never been on acne.com
>>
>>12550883
have you been on accutane?
>>
>>12550903
Never. I bet it would help my back acne but the side effects turn me off
>>
>>12550913

i feel the side effects attribute to how you're feeling before the meds anyway.

back acne ain't too bad tho. I still get a couple of spots on one of my cheeks and around my mouth after being off accutane
>>
>>12550625
Didn't you shitpost your face all over /mu/ a few days ago?
>>
>>12551100
link?
>>
>>12550625
attention seeking
>>
I had mild acne mainly on my forehead and some on my back and chest and in the first couple months it completely cleared and hasn't come back. the side effects kinda suck but it's worth it never having to worry about acne again or buying bs skin care treatments. being so dry on accutane sucks like you'll have cracked as fuck lips for like 6 months but it basically cures it for good. one benefit of it tho is you'll never have greasy hair and will barely have to wash your hair while on it. overall I'm glad I did it
>>
>>12551613
lmao I'm retarded I forgot to say accutane is what cleared it
>>
File: IMG_20170217_163050.jpg (55KB, 583x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_163050.jpg
55KB, 583x491px
>>12550670
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1495804302855.gif (2MB, 360x264px) Image search: [Google]
1495804302855.gif
2MB, 360x264px
>>12550642
>listening to anything from vice
>>
>>12550625
Didn't you say you were leaving for good
>>
>>12550502
plant based diet. regular sleep schedule. drink water. stop jacking off more than once a week.
>>
>>12552013
yes
>>
>>12550502
Just connect the dots. Everyday you could have a new fashionable picture you design.

Embrace the acne. You'll have the scars for the rest of your life anyway
>>
Accutane is the best prescribed product for acne related stuff- period. It comes in pill form and you only have to take it for a few months and the effects can last for years and even permanently, the only downside is the side effect of possible birth defects when taking it if you're a guy, and girls are still at risk for them even after taking them. Also you can't donate blood while taking it to a few months afterwards.

I almost had to take it when I started on HRT but I changed my dose and the frequency and my acne cleared up afterwards.

OP, I suggest you get your hormones checked to make sure your T levels aren't too high, and ask your doctor if Accutane would be a viable option if they're at a normal level.
>>
>>12550561
>subreddit
theres your problem
>>
>>12550610
why do i find this kind of sexy
>>
>>12550762
Can confirm. My lips literally can't be moist and I still haven't had my first kiss and it feelsbadman. Accutane works though.
>>
>>12551980
>>12551118
>>12551100
>>12550729
>>12550724
>>12550716
>>12550665
>>12550642
Oh wow, look at all these redditfags who are all so new that they fall for eliza bait even though she gets posted in every fucking thread on here.

>>>/b/

cant wait for the world 2end
>>
>>12550660
Same
+1 accutane
>>
>>12550762
Wtf I finished my cycle in December and my lips and hair went back to normal a month after.
>>
>>12554071
Everybody's different, I've been off it for 3 years and my lips are still fucked and probably are permanently dry and cracked
>>
DIFFERIN. dont fall for the Accutane lies. Also queen Helene mint julep mask. i also recommend cosrx products.
>>
>>12553946

>cant wait for the world to end

then kill yourself virgin
>>
>>12550660
I'm a rare case; I've had 3 courses of accutane in my life. It works but never permanently
>6 month course at 17
>same at 22
>4 months at 25 but had to stop early do to a bad reaction
>>
>only wash your face once a day with cleanser and that should be before working out/ when you sweat. After you sweat just rinse your face with water. (also use an exfoliation brush or rag to get daily exfoliation)
>use toner after you use a cleanser to restore your pH balance
>Use "indian healing clay" as a face mask with apple cider vinegar once a week
>Use a moisturizer (with spf) in the morning to restore your face after rinsing with water.
>Vitamin C serum at night after rinsing face
>spot treat with tea tree oil
I used Retin-a last summer but after I ran out I tried this routine and it worked really well and I had pretty rapid results. My routine is also relatively inexpensive since I use tiny amounts of product.
>>
Best way to get rid of dark spots? Looking for home remedies and retail solutions.
>>
>>12554597
Ive been on two courses of accutane. First course was scheduled to be only 6 months, but then had an extra 2 months added on since my skin wasnt fully clear.

After I was done with that 8 months, skin was okay, no longer was developing big cysts, but still had acne scars and little breakouts every few days. Still much better than huge cysts on my face....

Was told to wait about half a year before i could go on it again. Went on it again. Skin cleared up while I was on it but skin became more dry than ever, even with moisturizer and lotion. Told me to get off of it. Didn't even lower the dosage. Just took me off it. I gave up :( Stopped going to the dermatoligist all together because it was costing my parents way too much $$$$ and even accutane wasnt working.

Started researching natural ways of clearing up acne.
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2003nl/nov/acne.htm

Found this guy and followed his advice using this

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/cpb/
Wasnt 100% strict with it, but I noticed my skin started getting better. After like 3 months, I finally decided to fully invest myself in the diet to see if my skin would become clear like he said it would, says must not have cheat days/go off the diet. It worked and my skin is now clear, I also lost weight and I'm skinnier now.

Vegan diet>>>>Accutane
>>
>>12555831
Also forgot to add acne came back after they took me off it the second course and my skin was still dry/red as hell
>>
>>12553912
>generalizing Reddit
What are we /v/ and /pol/ now?
Sure most of the site is shit but it has its spots of decency.
>>
>>12550502
book an appointment with a dermatologist and get a prescription for accutane

there are also coupons for it on GoodRx if you don't have insurance
>>
Has anyone here tried benzoyl peroxide? I heard from my doctor it can help clear my face but I want to hear if anyone has had a good experience with it.
>>
>>12555907
I had mild acne and 2.5% BP worked out pretty well. It will usually irritate your face the first few times you use it. It bleaches clothing and towels as well, so you have to wash it out meticulously and be careful while applying it. I've heard that it can bleach hair as well, although that didn't happen to me.
>>
>>12553920
Because you're a pedo?
>>
>>12555907
it's in basically every otc acne medication that isn't a facial scrub or made with salicyclic acid as a base. It works for cases of mild acne. Anything that's more severe will require prescription medication/ treatments.
>>
File: 1476532353655.png (299KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476532353655.png
299KB, 680x598px
>>12550601
>>12550605

Stupidest shit I have ever read.
>>
I've never really had acne, but every few months I'll have a breakout of spots that last for a week or two.
I feel like this is far more common than acne, but online whenever I look up help for containing/ getting rid of spots quicker I always get suggested shit like Accutane which really isn't applicable for my situation.
>>
Go to the dermatologist, get a perscription for clindamycin and tretinoin. There are gels that combine the two.
>>
File: takeshi.jpg (82KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
takeshi.jpg
82KB, 1200x675px
>>12555769
this

i have a bunch of fucking brown spots on my face (i'm lightskinned, not white) from picking my acne and scabs that resulted from picking acne

how the fuck do i go about getting rid of these?
>>
>>12556438

If you aren't ejaculating regularly you ARE going to have prostate issues in later life.
>>
>>12550502
Move to an area with less air pollution.
>>
>>12558354

It's going to be a long process, circa 12 months. You are going to need a LOT of sunlight for the first 7 months or so, and a return to your regular vitamin D levels afterwards.

Take up swimming, and then swap to typical gym work after. There are no over the counter type treatments, only focused time.
>>
>>12550507
signing a "I won't sue if I get liver failure and will take mandatory birth control" waiver is kind of a fucked up prereq to taking acne medication
>>
>>12556438
doesn't sound stupid to me

gonna try :) lol
>>
>>12550625
you're gorgeous

i love you
>>
>>12558354
Hey, man, I don't usually go to this board, but I have the answer for you. It's called Post-Inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), do some searches!

This is all dependant on how dark/large your spots are, good news are they will fade.

1. avoid sunlight, always wear sunscreen, even though it might not be a lot of sun outside.

2. Use a vitamin C serum. Vitamin C stimulates collagen production, and for reasons I have forgotten, this helps out a ton.

3.Exfoliate. Remodels the skin or whatever, I don't know the specifics, do some reading

Hope this helps! I had/have mild Pih and shit is fading quickly. DOn't worry too much about it, it's not going to make or break your life!
>>
>>12559768
sorry for the shit english
>>
fapping made my acne worse
>>
>>12559768
If none of that works, try microneedling.
>>
>>12559768
Thanks my dude

It used to be my acne scars will fade in about a month or so, but right now, I dont know what kind of acne I had but it wont fade away as fast. Probably has to do with the humidity and my face being somewhat oily

Got me a prescription of minocyline and it really helped the breakouts.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.