[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you lads cut your own hair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

How exactly does the scissor over comb work? Is the goal to cut all of your hair around the sides the same length?

Also, why not just buzz the sides and back with a number 12 and scissor cut the top longer?

I need to know the basics.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWuL00lbhI
I've been doing this for a year now. It's probably the easiest DYI haircut and it looks really great. I strongly recommend watching the entire video. Godspeed, anon
>>
>>12537173

Thanks desu. What do you think about doing some thing like, but instead with a number 10-12 clipper attachment? And the like cutting the top so it is longer with scissor over comb, but the length difference is not so big that there is a big contrast?
>>
File: haircut.jpg (35KB, 492x557px) Image search: [Google]
haircut.jpg
35KB, 492x557px
>>12537219
Hahaha, I actually lied without realising it. I do what's done in the video, but I usually cut with my clipper guard set to 1,5 cm at the sides and back. Doing what you suggested should work perfectly fine, as it's what I'm currently doing. I cut the long hair at the top using scissors over comb, and the process is really straight forward and easy. Here's a video made by a goblin manlet that can help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdrG7acR7ks (watch from 2 minutes). I usually leave the entire short part (the undercut) of of my hair to be 1,5 cm, but sometimes, if I'm with family, I get them to help me trim the back of my head (not higher than up than the ears) to be 1cm while everything else is 1,5 cm. It's always better to have a bit shorter hair at the back. You can trim your back yourself, but it's tiresome and you need two mirrors.
To answer your last point, you can make your top (long) hair as short as you want, as long as it's longer than your sides. There's no problem with low congrast between the long hair and the undercut hair, but there should be some length difference
>>
>>12537066
>>cut your own hair
>>scissor over comb technique

Unless you have long antennae like eyes and tentacle like ape arms, you're only going to be able to do one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQ7uX0n000

Unless you've mistaken what scissor over comb is and how it works.
>>
>>12537425
Thanks man. As I thought this sounds brilliant. I purposefully got a number 12 clipper part to get the maximum length buzz around the sides.

The bit where I might come into some trouble is the top with the scissor over comb. I guess it would be fine just cutting it all the same length just longer.

It make me think, why can't they have some time of hair clipper where it is super high and you feed the hair into it. Meaning that you could buzz on the sides and the top and still have a fairly long top. Well, until then I will just do the scissor over comb.

Thanks for the advice man, was just what I was looking for.
>>
File: C-NJLGNXgAEGDuH.jpg large.jpg (15KB, 338x294px) Image search: [Google]
C-NJLGNXgAEGDuH.jpg large.jpg
15KB, 338x294px
>>12537466

I was thinking, buzz around sides and back, scissor over comb top.
>>
File: 1497430677691.jpg (8KB, 250x207px) Image search: [Google]
1497430677691.jpg
8KB, 250x207px
>>12537425

Also that guys hair is ridiculous for his age. He wets it and you can't see his scalp at all. My hair is thin as fuck.
>>
>>12537483
explain what you think you're achieving by 'scissor over comb' the top?
You physically cannot get the angles and control right to do it properly on yourself. I'm not criticising you as an amateur. I'm criticising you as a moron. It's like saying you want to tattoo your own asshole.
>>
File: 1497457602161.jpg (114KB, 1013x639px) Image search: [Google]
1497457602161.jpg
114KB, 1013x639px
>>12537519

Well I was thinking that you buzz around your sides and back an equal length, then you scissor over comb the top an equal but longer length.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Watch this video linked above>>12537425
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdrG7acR7ks
I pretty much mean this.

.......You bitchy son of a bitch.
>>
>>12537519
>>12537545
>>12537173
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWuL00lbhI

This also.
>>
>>12537545
that is not scissor over comb technique. dumbass.
He literally takes random sections and guesses and trims off a tiny amount.
You'll probably be able to hide some of the unevenness if the top is quite long, but the horribleness and total lack of technique is offensive.
>>
>>12537066
I've done my own hair for about 10 years.
I bought a £10 set of clippers and it's saved me so much money.
I just shave it all off on a 0 once a week to once a month.
>>
File: dogbarking4.jpg (22KB, 575x401px) Image search: [Google]
dogbarking4.jpg
22KB, 575x401px
>>12537662
>I just shave it all off on a 0

That's well short. Why not a #12?

>>12537609
>>
>>12538624
Well a 12 would look like fucking shit.
>>
>>12538646

Depends how long you want it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.