[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if this place is for fashion then why do you all dress so bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: rockyrick.jpg (141KB, 469x624px) Image search: [Google]
rockyrick.jpg
141KB, 469x624px
if this place is for fashion then why do you all dress so bad. every wdywt thread is so awful and yet you all praise the bad fits so you all have confidence in yourself. its so odd that you are so oblivious to how terrible your fashion sense is. i know this may seem like a shit post or a bait but i am being completely serious.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>12536115
Because most good posters left long ago and were replaced by the never-ending flow of summerfags. Since the board is 90% underage clueless kids who don't know shit about fashion, it ends up with beginners endorsing other beginners and as a result no one actually evolves towards something better. Also since the posts are so bad, there is very little appeal for the few good posters left to post in WAYWT threads.
>>
>>12536115
Because fashion isn't really a full time hobby. Old good posters developed a good taste and grew out of it or actually got employed in a fashion branch.

Now we have tumblr teenagers who have no life experience and no money to actually afford high fashion.

Since we have nobody here actually working in the industry or having deep interest in design, textile, marketing etc. we have no deep discussion since there is nobody to contribute.

So we end up with unoriginal boring hm-tier WHYWT and abscence of any deep discussion. I mean even during fashion weeks, which should be what Cannes/Oscar is to tv or E3 to v, there is zero quality posts.
>>
>>12536115
this board and all fashion forums always rely on a minority of real fashion enthusiasts who know what they're talking about

I think we have less of those every month that goes by, and now the summerfags are here posting absolute shit fits and encouraging others
>>
>>12536688
>>12536663
>>12536437
so then what is a better forum that hasnt gone to shit?
>>
>>12536848
I don't know any relevant English-speaking boards sorry
>>
>>12536876
damn italians
>>
>>12536848
What the fuck do you want to discuss? Make insta for inspo and circlejerking, read books on fashion theory, get a job in fashion company.
Fashion as a discussion topic is terrible anyway due to enormous gao between normal and high fashion/runways. It's not even a proper hobby. Or do you wamt to discuss Raf Simons use of pop culture and impact on the way we dress we niggers who jerk off to ASAP's retarded "i put as many meme pieces as possible" fits?
>>
>>12536935
whats wrong with rockys fit here? this is one of his best fits and one of the best fits ive seen in general
>>
>>12536437
This
>>
>>12536902
French actually. Italians can't dress for shit when they're taken out of their sartorial / sprezzatura comfort zone. Would not rely on their boards for anything else than that
>>
>>12536953
This fit is definitely not a best. In the same kind of style, much better ones are posted on a daily basis on SZ. It's one of Rocky's personal best ones though

>>12536935
Having a place where you can look for / share good deals, events and so on. Where you can post outfits and get actual criticism from people who know what they're talking about and seek quality advice in general. Where you can transmit and find general knowledge on the topic. Where you can discuss things you could not with your friends who are not into fashion. Where people understand your appeal for odd styles. Etc etc etc.
>>
Talk shit post fit - the thread.
>>
>>12537199
link to french site? i happen to be learning french atm and it would be good to have some french media i can immerse myself in
>>
>>12537268
forum.bonnegueule.fr is where I got into fashion and is the best French fashion board imo. It is extremely noob-friendly and oriented towards progression, and there are a handful of great posters there as well. You may even recognize some of them, who get regularly posted here in inspo threads
>>
Because we fail to drive away people whose only interest is to not look as bad as the other lowest tier dregs.
>>
>>12537213
>unironically thinking sz is good

Its for childless 30 year old men to play dress up pretty embarresing
>>
>>12537615
>>play dress up

I've come to the conclusion that this is an important step to discovering your own style
>>
>>12537615
Are you unironically saying that while you waste your time on some anonymous fashion board ?
>>
>>12536115
because only insecure teens seeking approval have the time and the reason to post in waywts.
>>
>>12537638
>>12536115
>>12537615

Playing dress up =/= being fashionable or dressing well

Personal style and being fashion are extensions of who you are as a person so when youre a 30 year old childless man dressing like a rpg character in your ebin avant garde rags what does that say about you? All i know is its not a good thing and it certainly isnt about wearing a costume
>>
>>12537615
Nothing wrong with playing dress up. At least they are trying out different things and going out of the comfort zone of most others. It may look odd to you but they are just doing things that most other people wouldn't do and I commend them for that.

Remember dress to express not to impress. If I just made it my goal to look good to others I would never try anything new and I would just dress slightly better than the rest of the normals, I'd just dress classy like a menswear dude. but thats boring and I would never be interested in fashion doing that because there is no innovation and I would have already reached the pinnacle of what I would want to achieve really early and never feel the need to get other outfits so long as my outfits would work. but fuck that. that sounds awful and fashion would be dead to me
>>
Nobody knows shit about fashion on here beyond memecore and nobody on here has any fucking money anyway
>>
>>12536115
Did you really come here to be a dick? Some people have good taste but can't afford it irl or their taste isn't practical with real life. Use your fucking noggin
>>
>>12536115
yeah you definitely have a point, a lot of people here dress weird. it's sort of analogous to how people on /mu/ always go for the same top shelf, most obscure, influential albums without paying much mind to the historical context of the albums or their genres or to cultivating their own personal taste. they just hear that an album is good or important, so they decide to start listening to it for the perceived social status they think it bestows. you could say it's the same thing going on with /fa/ -- people just want to jump straight into the most avant garde or esoteric styles without learning the basics and developing their own taste in an organic way.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.