[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else don't wear name brands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: brandlogos-750px-x-750px2.png (120KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
brandlogos-750px-x-750px2.png
120KB, 390x390px
I just don't respect brands, I'd rather support people who make clothing and are actual craftsmen than wear company created stuff.

It's my personal preference, I don't respect name brand stuff because quality can be lost in making something constantly on large scales.

And I feel special wearing stuff I know is in less quantity and in high quality than something mass produced.
>>
>>12534187
>"Yeah I'm equivalent to a vegan when it comes to fashion"
>>
>>12534189
Why are you responding like it's a personal attack on you? Grow up dude
>>
mass produced doesn't necessarily mean low quality. Banana republic makes some of the best tees for their price point. Levi's make decent jeans in a variety of cuts and colors, however they're fits are hit or miss. Regardless, $60 for a "nice" pair of jeans isn't a bad thing imo. Ralph Laurent also makes a lot of high quality garments. Obviously some brands cut cost and produce shitty clothes to maximize products, but to swear off all "popular" brands based on others faults seems a bit narrow-minded.
>>
>>12534195
It's more the idea of not being apart of the masses and trying to have a good look that is actually unique and I feel branding halts that a bit. Also the larger the brand the more supplies is used and the again the larger the amount made quality is sacrificed in some ways or others to cut cost since these are companies and they could care less so long as you buy the product. They make them work for as long as you allow them to. I feel it's narrow-minded to mainly get involved in branding because of the childish antics and lifestyles it creates and bugs up such as flexing on other people, promoting it as something that's apart of a culture when you aren't making a dime from that, etc.

I grew out of brand name goods in high school, after I felt personally it's just a waste of time and making a mockery of my intelligence
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>12534192
>Grow up
>Literally posting on the Chan
>>
>>12534200
Have to be 18 and up to post my dude.
>>
>>12534198
get over yourself hipster
>>
>>12534195
Saint laurent x Ralph lauren = Ralph Laurent???
>>
>>12534198
this has to be b8. No person can actually be pretentious when it comes to clothing. I understand not buying clothes w/ big ol logos on them because it's tacky, but to say that wearing brands like J. Crew or uniqlo because they are a "mockery of your intelligence" is one of if not the single dumbest thing I've read on this website.
>>
>>12534216
LOL. typo aside, my point still stands,
>>
>>12534214
Why are you calling me that when all I'm doing is stating why I'm not a brand person.

>>12534219
In my personal opinion, if I'm going to wear name brand stuff I'm promoting the idea that the brand somehow is apart of me and in some way I like and support what they do when I don't. Sure I can wear the stuff and just go about my day but this is fashion, what I wear should represent me as a person so no branding is an insult to my intelligence because what branding does is making you believe the product and the mission of the brand is good enough for you and good enough for you to keep coming back to as a consumer and I don't respect that.

Again this is my personal opinion.
>>
post fit
>>
File: 1497350003628.jpg (85KB, 699x620px) Image search: [Google]
1497350003628.jpg
85KB, 699x620px
>>12534187
>>12534198
>>12534240
>>
>>12534187
where do you buy clothes without brands lol?
>>
Yes, poor people.
>>
>>12534338
Small time clothing stores and boutiques with quality works but branded.

>>12534406
This meme only supports consumerism. As if it's impossible to have good clothes that aren't from a brand
>>
>>12534406
I've seen people who work 9 - 5 jobs, dressing like billionaires. Its really sad. I have way more respect for the people who are humble.
>>
>>12534478
>dressing like billionaires
so like a suit?
>>
>>12534453
>Small time clothing stores without branding
>year of our lord 2017

I live in milan tell me where to find one
>>
if you're a new money gook, nig, indian

then you wear clothes specifically for the branding
>>
Ironically, the most mass-produced things have no brands.
>>
>>12534478
What is a 9 pm-5 am call center job like?
>>
So, the craftsmanship and attention to detail that every Patek Phillipe watch receives is discredited because they're a household name?

I understand griping with brands that outsource their work in a modern-day slavery manner to some impoverished region of Asia in order to charge $70 for a shirt that costed 50 cents to make, however being a brand doesn't make the implication that this is going on.

It's like you believe you're not being charged more than something is worth every time you buy it, just because it comes from a less known name. Silk clothing is expensive because the manufacturer says it is, not because it is intrinsically absurdly expensive.
>>
>>12534187
H&M t-shirts are actually comfy
>>
My shirts are Gucci, polos and dress shirts
My jeans are Lucky Brand, I don't wear shorts
Shoes are Skechers, and all my undergarments are from Mack Weldon.
Never have to worry if an item will fit.
>>
>>12534187
I don't like brand names personally because I'm lower middle class and not a hypebeast
>>
>>12534219
>No person can actually be pretentious when it comes to clothing
nigga are you even thinking before you type
>>
>>12534903
this guy knows his shit
>>
>>12534903
this

likewise I don't think vegans are stupid if they say they don't want to buy meat pumped full of hormones from inhumane factory farms in the United States. but if they tried some pretentious shit like "Eating meat is for savages, our primitive ancestors ate meat, haha I'm too intelligent for that" then I would call them a faggot (like OP)
>>
>>12534198
>wearing clothes made by other people
you are still shit tier
>>
>>12534864
but its all cumskin brand fuckinf cuck
>>
>>12536270
All brands are cumskin brands because you shitskins aren't smart and industrious enough to be represented in the fashion business or any other one

it's still a white world, tyrone
>>
>>12534187
so where do you buyy stuff?
>>
>>12534187
CCP and ZamB are brands, but the garments are still artisanally produced in small quantities. Your whole point was relying on a misconception :)
>>
>>12534198
*tips hat*
>>
>>12534200
settle down buddy
>>
OP's closer tie with clothing produced in narrower circles is of a respectable symbolic kind rather than the brute signifying one he sees in mass produced clothing, although at the end of the day all clothing is based on separate designs, mass produced afterwards or not, and this doesn't necessarily imply a great quality discrepancy since some mass produced clothing has exceptional quality.
>>
>>12536274
It's so easy to trigger Snownigger lmao..Anything more there to add about superiority?
>>
Americuck literally can't produce any good brands lmao
>>
>>12536420
ZamB is a faggot who makes shit clothes and literally only exists because he sucks faust off
>>
>>12534187
I just wear Uniqlo to work and Acne, Undercover and Margiela off-duty. Undercover mostly due to my love for post-rock and post-punk and wanting to mix cool statement piece in more grounded fits.
>>
>>12534187>>12534198

You sound like a pretentious, hipster.
>>
>>12540329
I'm not, stop assuming my personality through the lens of how I feel about certain things. I'm not a brand person, doesn't mean I'm a pretentious hipster
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.