[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fa/ think of Zara?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
7KB, 300x300px
Thoughts on Zara?

Personally I think they have some affordable and well made pieces every once in a while.
>>
>>12532405
They steal ideas
>>
>>12532407
wdym?
>>
>>12532409
they look at established fashion brands and hop on whatever trend they're pushing out and make cheap ass quality clothes
>>
>>12532405
it's fast fashion, all arguments are irrelevant.
>>
>>12532405
Shit quality, shit stolen ideas
>>
>>12532405
I think they're fine but H&M is better for what they're worth

what do you guys think?
>>
>>12532430
>>12532413
>>12532412
>>12532407
desu guys you shit so much on brands like these but very few people can have a full wardrobe of mid-high end pieces

I think they're alright for many things but you should still mix in some better pieces in your fits
>>
If you shop there you should off yourself

>>12532407
>>12532412
WOW THANK YOU I HAD NO IDEA
>>
>>12532405
Bad. Go Uniqlo for cheap basics.
>>
>>12532405
For low tier corporate normies
>>
Weekday is probably the best option at that pricepoint. I have mixed emotions regarding Zara. On one hand they're known for copying both big and small designers, and I have a hard time supporting that.

On the other hand, they have some alright looking cheap stuff. But as I said, I prefer weekday anyway.
>>
>>12532433
>very few people can have a full wardrobe of mid-high end pieces

Oh please. I'm a student who does not work apart from summer jobs. I don't even work every year, and my parents never give me a single cent to buy anything but basic necessities. I still manage to dress full designer without making any sacrifice to be able to afford it. If even I can wear 2k$ outfits on a daily basis, literally anyone can buy mid-tier brands. So unless you're living under the poverty line (in which case you have nothing to do here anyway), you should stop using this bullshit excuse
>>
>>12532445
>anything but basic necessities
which would include?
>>
>>12532405
It's fast fashion. You get what you hardly paid for.
>>12532412
>>12532413
>>12532430
This.
>>12532433
>very few people can have a full wardrobe of mid-high end pieces
That's because most people are fucking idiots. Like, the avg t shirt is worn 8 times by a girl. You spend 12 dollars on a shirt and wear it 8 times it's $1.5 a wear, you can get the same value for more expensive clothes if you wear them more times. Avg consumer buys a lot because they think their wardrobe needs to be huge when, realistically, you just need basics and some accents for the base wardrobe.
>>
>>12532446
geobaskets and cigarettes.
>>
McDonald's tier clothing
>>
>>12532446
Food, a roof and a travel card. A bit of help to get things I can't afford if that is really important. The general Idea is that I don't spend anything if all I do is studying, eating and sleeping. If I want to have a life, it's on me

I buy my lawschool books myself (my parentsdon't have enough money to afford that so I don't ask them to buy them), I pay for every meal I eat outside myself, I pay for all my activities / drinks etc myself, I buy my clothes myself and so on. If I don't have enough money, I also spend my whole holidays in my room since getting out or going on a trip is always on me

So yeah if I can afford all that during a full year with only a month worth of pay and still wear ridiculously expensive clothes, I'm pretty sure even you poorfags can afford to dress in APC or whatever
>>
>>12532445
>don't work
>parents don't give money
>wears full designer

pick two you lying fuck
>>
File: 1429318578958.jpg (9KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1429318578958.jpg
9KB, 177x278px
>>12532445
>lying on the internet

not a good look honestly
>>
>>12532465
I work for a month or wo during summer when my bank account begins to become empty, I never said I did not work at all you blind mongoloid
>>
>>12532405
Obnoxious company for obnoxious people
>>
It's dumb to not have cheap basics mixed with your higher end clothes. Just the other day I bought like 10 tshirts from aeropostale for only 40 dollars. The day before that I bought a 300 dollar Dior wallet.
>>
>>12532405
The trend-slavery of H&M but takes itself too seriously.

A brand for basic muzzie prettyboys obsessed with instagram luxury and people who think Harry Styles is the pinnacle of men's fashion.
>>
>>12532473
how can 2 months of work cover the other 10 ?
>>
>>12532501
You heard him, he spends all his money on clothes and talks to his internet friends the rest of the time
>>
>>12532501
I plan my budget carefully and I flip clothes for profit. Knowing that since I must study a lot I can only go out during weekends, it is usually more than enough
>>
>>12532405
Zara makes riskier trends accessible for a wide market. Yes, they rip off designs, but fashion is largely "open source" and all fast fashion outlets, and to a certain extent, everything you see at the mall, does the same thing.

Stores like Zara, Uniqlo and H&M have changed the ecosystem of the American mall, giving mid-tier brands that carry too much of the same also-made-by-cheap-labour boring stock season-to-season at inflated prices (brands like Express, Abercrombie and Fitch, The Gap) a run for their money. Good design doesn't have to come at a premium and, post-recession, some "premium" mall brands lost their sway among consumers.

Zara makes some interesting "pieces," but the materials are never of particularly high quality and most things are fragile. People don't invest much in keeping clothes for a long time anymore. For example, I bought a skirt at the beginning of the season at Zara and it was cheaper to buy the same piece again than it was to have the zipper replaced when it broke. Their bags, belts and shoes, however tend to be better than other fast fashion stores, especially stuff made of real leather but that might just be my perception.

Zara has a more mature following than almost all other fast fashion brands where I live, besides maybe COS.

If you live near a store, it's easy enough to return things in person.
>>
>>12532564
The pricing in America is a bit cheaper $95 for jeans rather than $150+ Canadian

So it's popular with sneaker head aged type kids early 20s
>>
>have spend close to 4k on my wardrobe this year
>don't even have friend or go out
>literally just dress up and look at myself in the mirror

feels bad man. I was hoping to get my 2nd gf in life.
>>
>>12532564
Zara sucks but you're right anon, good post.
>>
Dislike them. Lost a lot of respect from them after they were caught blatantly steal their designs for graphic tees.

IDC about them ripping off the fit/phsyical design from high end pieces, but the fact that they are desperate enough to save a little bit of money and steal from small time instagram artists as one of the worlds largest apparel retailer just rubs me in the wrong way.
>>
>>12532405
Horrible quality and worn by Arabs and other similar hairy shitskins
>>
Zara is for fucking dorks.

Do all the mental gymnastics you need to; this is true.
>>
They have some pretty ok stuff. Just don't wear more than one item at a time and combine that item with some quality things and you'll be straight.
>>
>>12532501
he already said: his parents pay for all his shit (newsflash: people in the real world have to pay for their own rent and food and travel you spoiled faggot) so the little he makes he throws away on clothing instead of saving for independence
>>
>>12532477
i wish i could see you in person
i need a good laugh
>>
>>12532445
>my parents never give me a single cent to buy anything but basic necessities
>basic necessities

aka everything
>>
>>12532613
Just pay all your living expenses with a credit card and declare bankruptcy when you reach your credit limit on all the cards you were approved for like every real 'merican
>>
>>12532405
Overpriced for what it is. They take whatever flavor of the season trend and mass produce it as cheaply as possible. Most items will lose form after a wash.
It's good if you don't want to commit a lot of money to fashion, but you'll be better off buying higher quality in the long run. Keep in mind, you can't resell Zara, so its 100% sunk cost
>>
/fa/ underages not being able to understand that average salaries differ a lot in different countries but prices of designer pieces do not
>why don't you work one week a year and buy full designer wardrobe, don't you care about fashion??
>>
>>12532688
which is issue of this retarded board in every single thread where prices are discussed
>100 dollars for basic grey hoodie? omg my village eats for month for that price
>you cannot afford 700 dollars black jeans? are you poor or what?
>>
>>12532642
False, you can resell it, again it depends on specific country/market
Also what do you guys wash everything in boiling bleach for six hours?
>>
>>12532473
>My parents cover all my expenses but don't give me enough for extras
>I work two months in the summer, and since I don't have to pay any bills, I get to use 100% of the money on whatever

How can you be so pretentious to shit on people who want to look decent and can't afford high end?
>>
>>12532564
good post for a tripfag
>>
>>12532445
>American upper middle class kid: the post
>>
>>12532642
I resold some zara shoes for like 15$ and paid 27$ for them.

Would not recommend their shoes at all. Stay away from them.
>>
>>12532564
the savior of this board honestly
>>
>>12532713
why dont you losers just slowly build a wardrobe instead of trying to be trendy and feeding the grotesque fast fashion industry?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.