[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is your partner effay? How do you deal with having a partner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: 1495548268116.jpg (57KB, 592x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495548268116.jpg
57KB, 592x960px
Is your partner effay? How do you deal with having a partner who has poor fashion sense? I adore my boyfriend but he can't dress for shit. Is it okay if I start making clothing suggestions to him or is that a dick move?
>>
>having a gf or a bf
>>
>>12531301
I've wanted to dress every gf I've ever had.

If they're not into it they're not into it, and won't be able to pull whatever off anyway.

You need to decide whether you can live with or not.
>>
>>12531308
i know that feel. sometimes I calculate about how much I think it would cost to get her tattoos removed before i start dating a girl. sigh.
>>
>>12531308
I think it's less about him being into it or not and more that's he's never considered it. Plus he's on the shorter side so I imagine it's hard for him to find things that look good.
>>
>>12531301
I'm wondering, what kind of men does a pretty girl like that date?
>>
>>12531363
If he's never considered it, he's not fashionable, and won't become so.
>>
>>12531301
No. But I'm not effay either
>>
Romance is not /fa/, only the hedonistic single life is.
>>
>>12531301
>Is your partner effay?
My ex wasn't effay. She knew I was very into fashion, both the art and the aesthetic, and she felt hyper self conscious of it.
>How do you deal with having a partner who has poor fashion sense?
Sad thing is, I never gave a fuck. She wore what she liked, even if the colours didn't work or the textures were weird.
>K adore my boyfriend but he can't dress for shit. Is it okay if I start making clothing suggestions to him or is that a dick move?
She would ask me for feedback about clothing and I'd either say it was bad, and she'd be self conscious, or good and she didn't believe me. Feedback is fine if they want it, but people want feedback when they are trying to get better. End of the story is unless he wants to dress effay he isn't going to. Your feedback will just be criticism.
>>
>>12531401
you look so much better than her bro
>>
Break up, relationships are fleeting and very easy to procure.

I once broke up with a woman who didn't want to sleep with guns in the bedroom.

Now I sleep with 4 guns in the room and no girl

There is no need to sacrifice your quality of life, your social worth or even your fiscal stability to appease another person who is only there to leech off of your fortunate situation. Because as soon as your situation stops being ideal, they're gone
>>
>>12531683
why was she so against having guns in the bedroom, surely that would mean she is safer?
>>
>>12531738
In my experience when people are very afraid of guns it's because they know if they had a gun they would shoot themselves or someone else and they assume everyone is the same way.
>>
>>12531683
youre a total fucking fag
>>
File: carloth.jpg (29KB, 342x358px) Image search: [Google]
carloth.jpg
29KB, 342x358px
>>12531456
frigg off I like her
>>
Making suggestions is okay, but if they don't want your advice, then don't give it to them. fashion is all about self expression, if they don't want to express themselves through their clothing then they won't.
>>
>>12531301
She is a model, as am I. Sometimes her outfits are spot on sometimes ehhhh
>>
>>12531301
I basically dress my girlfriend. She just defers to my judgement. She gives me dosh and I buy online or we just go shopping together.
>>
File: 1497028105616.png (84KB, 250x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497028105616.png
84KB, 250x256px
>>12531301
Do what comes natural, in your case that means passive aggressively bitching at him until he gets so frustrated he just caves. Congratulations, you've succeeded in cucking him, you may now sleep with other men with impunity.

>>12531380
Hot/rich/famous guys. C'mon anon, it's not that complicated.
>>
>>12532307
It's not just that. You're oversimplifying it. I'm with a fairly plain guy, who I love for his personality. But he is not dressing masculine enough. I would love to see more things like button ups and blazers, and other shoes besides sneakers.

I understand I can't force an adult to do anything, but since his appearance also affects my confidence in public I think I have a right to at least ask. Since it also affects my long term happiness in the relationship.
>>
My boyfriend and I both have no sense of anything /fa/ I just come here for the memes and aesthetics
Ever since I came out people ask my fashion advice though regardless of sweatpants
>>
you judge
>>
>>12532316
that would be a hard nope
>>
>>12532310

Coming out and saying "i want you to learn how to dress yourself better" is not going to win you anything. You have to present it correctly. Something like,

"I'm going dress shopping today, come with me and tell me if you like it."
Then head to a department store.
"oh, try this shirt, i think it would look really good on you."
"now try this jacket."

and so on. Make him excited about it, be encouraging and make it obvious it's turning you on. He'll get the picture, or if he really hates it that much, you'll have to decide how much it matters to you.
>>
>>12532316
Pretty average, hit the gym a bit more and work on your hairstyle. Maybe re-think your makeup.
>>
>>12532348
nah, just be blunt. If a guy doesn't care about fashion, he's not going to start. Tell him he looks like a retard and start dressing him. It's for the best.
>>
>>12531401
she's a cute
>>
>>12532316
hairstyle would only be fa if you were skelly and had a different fit. overall, this fit isn't fa and although you're not fat or anything like that i would recommend walking/running or going to the gym
>>
Gf was a model. She knows she looks good and dresses like shit because frankly she doesn't need to dress well to be attractive. I, on the other hand, am ugly as shit and constantly worry about dressing well to look halfway decent
>>
>>12532354
thing is, if he's a slob it also affects my status in public especially since i have plenty of friends. i hate to be ashamed in the company of my man instead of being proud

i shouldnt have to bring this stuff up, it should be for a guy to realize himself, once youre past a certain age just throw away your cargo shorts, band t-shirts and childish sneakers, for your own good

and i dont think its patronizing.. its just common sense, thats like me wearing a sloppy dirty hoodie to a nice restaurant
>>
>>12531401
she looks mouldy, its the skin it looks poor quality, and the lips are oddly thin

you are a cute boy tho ill touch dicks
>>
>>12532726
You say it's common sense but it's really not. Sometimes people really don't care about those things. My in law is in his 50s and he still wears ratty hoodies and cargo shorts. Why? because he doesn't give a fuck about fashion. If your boyfriend is embarrassing when you go out, you either ask him to dress a little nicer or you break up with him.
>>
>>12532738
thats a bit harsh though, dont you think? im not breaking up with someone i really like over their slobbiness.. but it MIGHT be a factor over the course of the relationship that might lead to a breakup

all im asking for is guys (lets say above the age of 25 or so) to dress age appropriately instead of like high school kids
>>
>>12532752
It's a little harsh yes, but the point I want to make is that people have different ideas of what's age appropriate. Sometimes being with someone means having to accept their awful fashion sense.
>>
>>12532316
>Those huge man shoulders
GROSS
>>
>>12532726
100% this
>>
>>12532316
Really nice tits, cute face, something else with the hair might look better though.

Also the shirt doesn't look like it fits that well tucked in
>>
>>12532316
make her lose weight pls
>>
>>12532316
nice body, face looks like it's going to age in her mid 20's

pretty good score for now, should start shopping for a younger chick though
>>
>>12531301

If you're a girl it's fine to give suggestions as long as you're not being a bitch about it.

And don't phrase it as "I think you should wear" say it like "I think this would look so good on you". We want to feel attractive to you despite not being expressive, you helping us look good to you is welcome within reason.

If you're a gay guy idk the dynamics of homo relationships so I can't comment.
>>
>>12531302

fpbp
>>
>>12532316

Blue 32... Hut-Hut, Hike!
>>
You guys view relationships so shallowly. It's kinda gross. Your gf/bf isn't a fucking commodity. A relationship is way more than looks and the way they dress
>>
>>12534386
Like clothing, cars, houses, general tangible goods. Your significant other and how they present themselves governs a level of social worth.

I actually used to value relationships a lot as if a separate entity but I learned how women utilize relationships in order to raise their worth in a social setting
>>
>>12532316
what kind of shitty bf posts his gf on 4chan?
>>
>>12534791
what a sad and pathetic point of view ...
>>
>>12531301
Literally every
Single
Wife
Ever
Makes clothing suggestions for their husbands - most guys don't really know what they're doing and if he gets offended by it he's a little bitch t b h
>>
>>12531401
ben chan lookin ass
>>
File: 1425251976898.jpg (213KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1425251976898.jpg
213KB, 960x1280px
>>12531301
Shes a reverse trap and we share clothes so i have no issues with that desu
>>
>>12531401
Harry?
>>
>>12535066
Tell her to go back to normal, shes cute as fuck

looks like Robin from HIMYM
>>
>>12535066
I'm jelly. Got stuck with a normie gf
>>
>>12531301
my boyfriend is effay on the inside but lazy American garbage on the outside. he takes suggestion well but doesn't stick to it. fortunately his body and face are extremely effay
>>
>>12532316
this is a god awful outfit, but more importantly why would you embarrass her like this
>>
>>12531301
My gf is pretty much always in active wear. But she's a huge gym junkie so it kind of makes sense.
>>
My last gf was pretty good in the fashion department. God tier jewelry choices. Decent make up skills. More /fa/ than me.

>>12531401
I think you're a cute couple. You need to shave though
>>
>>12531766
This
>>
File: 2878005800_2_2_1.jpg (50KB, 560x694px) Image search: [Google]
2878005800_2_2_1.jpg
50KB, 560x694px
>>12531301
My girl is really into edgy emo type shit, not spiky leather but more like baggy black sweaters with metal rings and all that. It's pretty cute tbqh

pic related but all black.
>>
>>12531301
Same here, op. He always asks me to choose what and where to cop anyway so its fine. Try explaining him which clothes fit on him and why so he can develope his own fa sense without being too risky
>>
>>12535066
Sharing clothes with my gf would really help my wallet a lot. Anyone has an idea on where can I find a gf on my size?
>>
My girlfriend is into aesthetics in general as she works in fashion retail and has a strong sense of her own style which is great, but coming from a wealthy family she leans towards some pretty extravagant pieces whereas I lean towards more lowkey or thriftcore pieces.

For example she loves to wear (faux) fur coats and get dressed up whereas I wear more vintage cord or denim jackets, wool coaches jackets, cropped pants, etc.

Together I think we're a pretty effay couple, but we aren't a consistent unit which is actually probably a good thing thinking about it now.
>>
I dress myself the way I want to be dressed, it isn't really for other people.

If the way your significant other dresses bothers you (provided it's not total cringe) then that's kind of just you nitpicking. Who cares, it's superficial. You can suggest things for him to wear but don't let it be an issue
>>
>>12535066
you are a very luck dude
>>
how rich do i have to be as a beaner to get a white gf?
>>
>>12531301
my gf isn't that effay
she's got pretty shit self-confidence, which is a real shame because she has an amazing body from years of gymnastics and dancing, yet she never dresses in a way to show off or accentuate her body.
It's not that I particularly want people to stare, but I want to feel proud of her and want to show her off to the world. It always looks terrible when we go out somewhere and I'm looking effay af and she looks pretty crappy, so I have to quickly get changed so that my attire matches hers
>>
>>12536055
where do you live?
just go to California or New York and find some race traitor whore, there really isn't that much to it. You don't even need to be rich.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 234x216px
>>12532389
I feel you my man
>>
>>12532310
>I'm with a fairly plain guy, who I love for his personality
>dating yourself
Sounds very complicated.
>>
>>12531301
>implying I actually have a relationship

man, fuck you niggas.
>>
>>12531301
I don't think you have to share all interests with your partners. In most situations, it's better to have interests and hobbies that you pursue separately. If your partner knows that you're interested in fashion, they'll ask for your input and trust your judgment. If not, let them do their own thing.

It's more important to have similar values in a relationship. So if your partner thinks you spend too much money on something vapid or you worry that they don't care about how the world perceives them, that's a much deeper issue
>>
>>12531401
Y'all ugly lmao
>>
My ex wasn't effay at all, which bothered me a lot. She was very good looking but would wear extremely boring clothes.

Obviously after breaking up I run into her again and she suddenly got herself a good fashion sense.
>>
i'm pretty sure my bf was on here for a couple years. dont think he browses anymore though

i like his fashion sense. its not what i'd wear if i were a boy, but everything he wears really suits him specifically. i am biased bc in love but still.

i've never dated anyone who gave me outfit input and it kind of blows. i have trouble being decisive when it comes to outfits, but if i ask my bf he usually just goes "yea it looks fine let's leave" without helping me.

i would personally be very grateful if someone i was dating had good fashion sense and wanted to give me input. i get some people would be bothered by that but i don't think trying to give your bf a hand is a dick move at all
>>
>>12532310
If the way he dresses is affecting your long-term happiness, he's either seriously embarrassing or something is wrong. If you claim to be in love with him but this is a deal-breaker for you I think you need to do some soul-searching.
>>
>>12531401
You are really pretty and seem like a cool guy
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.