[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CURE TO BALDNESS COMING IN NEXT FEW YEARS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

This is not bait.

There are a couple of things that have been recently discovered that will likely turn up in a topical solution.

T-cells, known as 'Tregs' and the protein called KROX20. They work by targeting the actual genetics and stem cells for hair renewal.

We have Rogaine and Propecia at the moment, but it looks like we are going to have something pretty brilliant in the next few years.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/hair-growth-discovery-could-help-develop-a-treatment-for-hair-loss/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4542776/Scientists-discover-cells-stop-balding.html
>>
>>12507786
They have been saying this thing for years, so I am a little skeptical
>>
>>12507786
I DONT CARE ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS JUST MAKE MY HAIR FULL FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS
>>
File: 1472452972669.jpg (40KB, 801x577px) Image search: [Google]
1472452972669.jpg
40KB, 801x577px
>cure to X will come in a few years

KEK
every time
>>
>tfw most men in my family had full hair up until they died of old age
>tfw my god tier genetics won't be worth shit if anyone else gets to keep their hair as well

Jokes aside though, most bodily issues relating to genetics will be fixed in the coming years because of CRISPR. That was pretty obvious.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (150KB, 1366x358px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
150KB, 1366x358px
>This fucking site
>Daily Mail

This seem reputable.
>>
>>12507799
>>12507807

I know why you guys are skeptical.

The truth is that even now we have a pretty good hold on what causes balding, stuff like Propecia and Rogaine really do work at dealing with a couple of components of balding, so there are even some practical things that walk the walk.

Propecia and Rogaine are pretty effective though a bit crude at attacking one element of balding, but now scientists are closing in on the other elements, once they give you 1 or 2 more ways off attacking balding, it will be pretty much dealt with.

Think about it like the Allied forces and Russia closing in on Hitler's bunker from the Western and Eastern front.
>>
File: C_eXdDJXkAAJQ8m.jpg large.jpg (59KB, 666x513px) Image search: [Google]
C_eXdDJXkAAJQ8m.jpg large.jpg
59KB, 666x513px
>>12507824
>>This fucking site
>>Daily Mail
>This seem reputable.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tregs+hair

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=KROX20+hair
>>
>>12507803

my nigah. What's your hair situation? On any medications?

>>12507808

Ha, you sly fox. I would probably feel the same if I were you.
>>
>>12507786
Didn't Elon Musk do this in a private clinic?
>>
>>12507832
i definitely would get on fin if i had the money, ive akways had a quite high hairline but recently my hair started thinning and until i shampoo my hair daily and let it dry by itself it gets super flat and disgusting
>>
>>12507849

I think he got the FUE option.

FUE is pretty good, they take individual hairs from the back of your head and place them at the front of your head. This work because the hairs at the front of your head are the most sensitive to DHT etc and therefore are the ones to bald, once the follicles from the back of your head are put on the front of your head they do not bald.

The only problem with FUE is that you have a limited amount of hair follicles on the back of your head and it is fairly expensive. Once they can clone hair follicles, you will be able to go from fully bald to perfect hair.
>>
>5 years ago: baldness cure coming!
>5 years before that: baldness cure coming!
>>
>>12507856

Yeah lad, and when it is greasy or wet you can see your scalp?

Mate, you don't need to use the name brand Propecia. You can buy 5mg generic fin cheap as fuck, then you cut it up into tiny pieces and it costs literally nothing. You can even use and online pharmacy, fill out a questionnaire correctly and they will post it to your door.

Just one thing to say, everyone requires a different dose, definitely don't take 5mg, I would be skeptical about taking the full 1mg. I take like 0.25mg every few days to ward of sides.
>>
>>12507858
Yeah so basically there's nothing wrong with FUE?
>>
>>12507863

There is not 'one cure', but several cures that attack different elements of balding. We already have Rogaine and Propecia which deal with one component, what is exciting about this is that we might have a few other options to add to our arsenal. The scientists in the press release seem confident that they will be able to make a new topical solution in the future, so you will the options of Propecia, Rogaine, and some kind of topical option that targets the genetics and stem cells.

Until we can go directly into humans with an injection or something to edit genes like this guy says >>12507808
>most bodily issues relating to genetics will be fixed in the coming years because of CRISPR

http://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/could-crispr-gene-editing-practice-eradicate-genetic-hair-loss/

there will not be 'one cure' to balding, but several different options that attack balding from all different angles. Like I said before, like the Allies and Russia closing in on Hitler's bunker from different directions.
>>
>>12507865

I will tell you the problem with FUE, if you bald to the extent that you lose a lot on top, FUE will give you hair on top for sure, but due to the limited amount of donor hair that can be taken from the back of your head, it will never be as thick as normal hair.

Now, if you have the type of balding where you lose your hair at the front, FUE is absolutely perfect and everyone with type of balding should get it 100%.
>>
>>12507865

I mean what Elon Musk did was brilliant, and a serious improvement on his hair. But he still doesn't have a perfect hairline, this is due to the fact he has limited donor hair on the back of his head.
>>
>>12507871
Yeah but who cares about their hair on the back? I'd be completely fine if I had thin hair on the back. (I don't have any hair problems)

>>12507881
His hairline looks completely fine for his age, in my opinion. See pic related
>>
>>12507887
>His hairline looks completely fine for his age, in my opinion. See pic related

Yeah for his age it is brilliant. It is still telling that a guy with that amount of money still can't get a perfect hairline though right.

>>12507887
>Yeah but who cares about their hair on the back? I'd be completely fine if I had thin hair on the back. (I don't have any hair problems)

That's a good point, I have thought about this before. I am not sure how they decide these things.
>>
>bald
>can grow a good beard though so no problem
>first job interview this morning
>say I'll have to trim it, 5mm max
>that's like no beard at all to me so I shave to get used to it
>remember why I hate myself

Now I really need to lift twice as hard
>>
>>12508043

Do you at least have a pretty face? If not, no sweat, just gain a body like Bruce Lee.
>>
will this work though if you're someone who has been completely shaving their head for a few years now? i honestly don't even know what my hair would look like these days if i let it grow, i started shaving myself bald as soon as i developed a bald spot at the top of my head
>>
>>12507828
>Evidence behind reports of new baldness cure is a little thin
>Mon, 08 May 2017 12:33:00 EST

>"Scientists studying cancer stumble on 'breakthrough' in search for baldness cure," announces The Daily Telegraph, adding that not only does this mean "a cream or ointment may soon cure baldness or stop hair turning grey" but also it could one day ... explain why we age".

>Sadly for those of us with grey, or no, hair on top, these claims are arguably premature.

>Researchers were actually conducting a study in mice looking into a rare genetic condition called neurofibromatosis, which causes tumours to grow along the nerves, when they discovered the role a protein called KROX20 plays in hair colour.

>The KROX20 protein is produced in specific cells within each individual hair follicle. This in turn switches on production of another protein called SCF. This SCF protein is needed to support the mature pigment (colour) producing cells in the hair follicle, and if it is not produced the mice lose their hair colour and become white. If the mice lack the KROX20-producing cells completely, they cannot produce any new hair and become bald.

>While the basic biology of cells in different mammals is very similar, researchers are likely to want to perform tests on human cells in the laboratory to confirm the findings apply to humans.

>This advance does not automatically mean that researchers are "on the cusp" of curing baldness or grey hair. The research is at an early stage, and it is not yet known whether the loss of hair colour is reversible and, if so, how it might be reversed.
>>
>>12508085

It depends how many follicles you still have and how long ago you went bald I think. Perhaps the one linked to stem cells will be able to revive your dormant/dead follicles? It is important to understand the mechanisms of balding and the treatments (how the treatments combat the mechanisms that lead to balding, Propecia lowering the DHT weakens sensitive hair follicles for example) to know exactly.

If you still have some hair on top, you could couple treatments with FUE and maybe get a full head of hair again. And this is possible today.
>>
>>12508101

Lad, why do you pick the example that is the weakest? 'Tregs' is more promising than KROX20, but KROX20 is still another positive recent development, as at least they are honing in on this mechanism of balding.
>>
>>12507856
How fucking poor are you? Fin costs less than 50 euros per year. Surely you can afford that.
>>
>>12507786
Have you tried kys?
>>
>>12508382

What is the final solution to the manlet, baldlet and uglylet question?
>>
File: zyklon b.jpg (56KB, 582x962px) Image search: [Google]
zyklon b.jpg
56KB, 582x962px
>>12508406
Gas.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.