[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do unattractive people who date other unattractive people actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: int.jpg (82KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
int.jpg
82KB, 605x807px
Do unattractive people who date other unattractive people actually find each other attractive or are they just settling?
>>
File: bill gates being pied.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
bill gates being pied.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>12500502
bump because i'd also like to know
>>
>>12500502
good question
>>
>>12500502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzG0_aU_Fn0
i was literally just watching this
>tldr
pretty much yes
>>
>>12500544
i meant yes they are settling
>>
>>12500544
Awesome video anon
>>
>>12500502
Holy shit I didn't know other pictures of this girl existed. The dating profile screencap always ruined my day
>>
Settling. Attractiveness indicates good fitness. The more attractive, the better fitness. Organisms will always seek out mates with greatest possible fitness to ensure greatest health of offspring. Note that fitness in this case doesnt necessarily mean physical competence, but most "fit" to survive and reproduce. Of course, reproducing is the first and foremost priority, so its better to reproduce with an ugly, or unfit, person than to not reproduce at all. Hence settling
>>
>>12500704
Attractiveness does not at all always mean better fitness anon. That's a pretty shallow understanding of sexual selection
>>
>>12500708
Of course there are exceptions, and for humans it is certainly not the only factor for mate selection. But attractiveness is literally as close to a "mate indicator" as you can get, as well as fitness since ugliness or sickness are associated with disgust, the opposite of attraction. An attractive person is a person who is physically strong, free of any apparent skin or muscle afflictions, and good facial build/symmetry.

>that person is attractive
>I want to have sex with them
>I want to reproduce with them
>>
>>12500740
>But attractiveness is literally as close to a "mate indicator" as you can get, as well as fitness since ugliness or sickness are associated with disgust, the opposite of attraction.
You're still wrong. Yes, attractiveness is a good indicator of mate selection, but no, attractiveness is not solely based on fitness. There are many factors that would make one assume that attractiveness is related to fitness, but that doesn't mean it is always the case. Since it is not always the case, your sweeping statement that it was is wrong. Also the most apparent indicator for attractiveness cross social barriers is facial symmetry (which is based on individual fitness in early development) but, again, that isn't the only factor.
>>
Ugly virgin, here. I have observed that I have much lower standards than some friends of mine. I find women attractive that they do not find attractive.
Paradoxically some beautiful women seem kind of non-sexual to me. They're so far out of my range that I wouldn't even beat off to them.
I think I could lose my virginity at this point but the women available to me are not worth the effort.
I wish I had been less of a nut in high school, it would have been easier then. I got approached by a couple of 4s, a 5-6 and I think I may have been able to get a 7 at one point.
>>
>>12500752
yes it is numbnut. people like looking at attractive people. fuck even it the name implies already what happens. people get attracted to attractive people.
>>
>>12500502
you can clearly see that this girls suffers from fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. my cousin has the same disorder and she has the similar facial features, even though she is not THAT ugly.

by the background on the picture you can even see that this girl is from eastern europe (where it's rough alcohol culture)

her mother probably drank during pregnancy and she looks also like a fucking child of incest

so this girl is probably not only really fucking ugly, but also really stupid, her parents are fucked up and she 100% got bullied

i feel bad for her
>>
>>12500502
relationships come in all types
but generally, most average people are dating people that look similar to them. on the basis of psychology, when you look in the mirror, you either like the way you look or you don't. if you don't hate yourself, your attractions will be based on someone that either looks similar to you are shares some similar facial qualities that you have.

in any case, being attracted to similar, different, or better is the key point.
>>
>>12501108
>most average people are dating people that look similar to them
That's just because most people fall within a standard deviation of attractiveness. However, if you observe couples somewhere for even an hour, you'll notice plenty of disparities in physical attractiveness. The reason for this is, obviously, that more than physical attractiveness goes into choosing a partner.
>>
Do mid-tier people find mid-tier people attractive or are they just settling? Do high-tier people find high-tier people attractive or are they just settling when they can't find very-high-tier people?

Humans date within a hierarchy. Men date across and down, women across and up, consistently across every attractive facet. It stands to reason that ugly people are settling no more than mid-tier or high-tier are
>>
>>12500708
No, attractiveness is a general indicator of good genes or good nourishment.
>>
>>12500502
did this girl ever get a bf? she seemed nice ;__;
>>
modern relationships are a spook. the modern woman is too aware of the dominance hierarchy on a global scale so they all just shoot for the highest value men in our society.

If you are a man in the top 20% then fuck as many women as you want, if not then go MGTOW. Hopefully after western society falls something better rises.
>>
>>12501183
Don't tell me you actually believe in that kneejerk nu-MRA bullshit.
>>
>>12501187

did your dad ever give you "the talk"? When you grow up, you will see these patterns in society betwen men and women. Try talking to women friends, if you even have any, abouth these things. They will spill red pills left and right because women are more acutely conscious of society. And I'm not saying it as in a rep pill kind of guy who hates women and thinks men are any better. But most adults have already figured out these things and are jaded to these things. The only problem is that modern technology has improved the status of women and made it so much harder for men that a lot of times it's not worth it.
>>
>>12501183
http://www.baka.com.au/lifestyle/life/why-women-lose-the-dating-game-20120421-1xdn0.html

There's an amusing/frightening anecdote about that in this article.
A woman tells how she has caught herself a Chad and she sees packs of 30-somethings coming to his lectures just to scope him out and try and get him.
>>
>>12501187
The fact that well-adjusted men that are good with women don't cry and talk about MRA/MGTOW talking points does not make those talking points wrong.
Seems like you guys see a strong horse and a weak horse and assume they have different beliefs.

I think it's more that they have the same beliefs only the healthy, non-jaded man was taught them in a constructive way by his dad and his bros.
The MRA/MGTOW guy learned those lessons in a non-constructive way and he learned it late.

You can not follow the advice of women and the tenets of feminism and have a good time, as a man, unless you lucked out and you're 9/10.
>>
>>12501094
u have to feel bad for so many people, anon. everyone of us got fucked by destiny, just in different degrees. feeling bad is just a waste of time, time which is better spent in anger
>>
>>12501094
Poor girl, I imagine she's been constantly shat on her entire life and barely knows what love would feel like, honestly it might be better to be born handsome in an impoverished country than hideous in a relatively prosperous one.
>>
>>12501183
>go MGTOW

yikes lmao when will you bitter virgins get some self awareness
>>
>>12500502
We settle. We give up on finding someone physically attractive and just settle for the best personality we can get.
>>
>>12501195
you ugly or something?
>>
File: asdfd.jpg (237KB, 615x506px) Image search: [Google]
asdfd.jpg
237KB, 615x506px
i think when you're horny enough and lonely enough your brain is able to find fragments of beauty in unattractive people

when i used to be fat this was the case
>>
>>12501183
lol you mgtow dorks are emotionally handicapped
>>
>>12500502
It's a blissful feeling really. Just having someone that likes you past your ugly mug is just really blissful. It's a one in a million
>>
>>12501122

Plenty of men date "up", too. If you're talking about 4channers perhaps not, but in the real world they do.
>>
>>12501197
Shitty link.

Here's a ycombinator thread on the article:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6611747

These posters are pretty reasonable desu senpai
>>
>>12500704
nice pseudo-science anon. how is high school biology class treating you?
>>
>>12501573
escpecially if you are in someway interesting or talented, a quality 4channer generally lack
>>
>>12501988
I'm pretty sure Gainsbourg wasn't human.
>>
>>12500502
I think there was some study that showed that less attractive people generally have lower standards (wouldn't have guessed judging by what you see on 4chan).
>>
ITT : Ugly and sad truths being posted.
>>
There's always plastic surgery for you ugly folks out there.
>>
>>12501988
>>12501573
Sorry I should've been more clear, the hierarchy is not just about looks, but education, power, wealth, intelligence etc. There's a lot of really interesting research out there if you're into the kind of thing
>>
>>12500704
9.5/10 on today's quiz I see anon

Now do you agree that we should put ugly people to death?
>>
>>12500704
Oh golly, another pseud shitting up the board
>>
File: tumblr_nj8096WyiT1siipgno1_500.png (319KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj8096WyiT1siipgno1_500.png
319KB, 500x375px
>>12500544
Oh man. I always thought I'm somehow broken for thinking the "traditionally beautiful" women all my friends chased after looked boring, and preferring slightly homely looking girls with interesting flaws or quirks.

Turns out I'm just ugly as fuck and my brain is compensating.
>>
>>12501094
she actually killed herself, and she's russian
>>
>>12500502
I feel sorry for her
>>
>>12503738
Source?
>>
>>12500502
Am I meant to believe this thing is actually a human female?
>>
File: jbll8KO.jpg (18KB, 320x510px) Image search: [Google]
jbll8KO.jpg
18KB, 320x510px
>>12503781
Hey come on man she's got it rough enough as it is
>>
>>12503808
thats so sad
>>
>>12503808
shit i feel terrible for laughing at first
>>
>>12503808
fucking hell 25/10 would poke
>>
File: svroaugkx8r6i777lc5y_400x400.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
svroaugkx8r6i777lc5y_400x400.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
Is this the daughter of the Norwegian king of christmas soda?
>>
>>12503808
God i hope thats fake. if not, first time ive ever felt empathy for a woman
>>
>>12503891
>first time ive ever felt empathy for a woman
Well I guess that's a start
>>
>>12500502
is she still alive?
>>
>>12504039
Allegedly she killed herself, but 4chan rumors are not to be trusted.
>>
File: uglygirlrussian.jpg (35KB, 590x435px) Image search: [Google]
uglygirlrussian.jpg
35KB, 590x435px
translate pls
>>
>>12500502
>>12503808
good body and hair she deserves at least nonbald skelly guy
>>
>>12503501
You're literally me anon. I find homely and average girls really attractive.
>>
>>12504106
something along the lines of leave her alone/ she was born that way/ don't mock her because of her looks, put yourselves in her position etc
>>
>>12503891
same
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.