[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain fashion to me please Why does this jacket cost $7,645?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: what.jpg (119KB, 561x792px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
119KB, 561x792px
Explain fashion to me please

Why does this jacket cost $7,645? What is so special about it to justify the cost?
>>
>>12496633
>first-world labor
>materials
>attention to quality
>design
>name/designer/exclusivity (this is a big one)
>>
>>12496636
I don't care where my clothes were manufactured
Materials? You mean cotton or linen?
Quality? It's a fucking jacket
Design? It has 2 sleeves, and a zipper
Brand name? I grew out of brand names in my teens
>>
>>12496639
>It matters to some people, can also be representative of the QC you can expect
>There's more to it than just "it's leather" or "it's cotton"
And if you don't understand why the last three matter, then I send my condolences. You're better off on /g/.
>>
>>12496639
You're real thick
>>
>>12496639
You asked a question and then get offended when someone explains it to you in a well done, compact manner. Man, you're the worst kind of person. Go to a store and feel the things then, you idiot.
>>
>>12496639
>Quality? It's a fucking jacket
>Design? It has 2 sleeves, and a zipper
have you considered fashion might just not be your thing?
>>
>>12496639
>this is what containment board users think of fashion
christ what a bunch of idiots
>>
These products are also made for the people who causally spend this much money on clothes.
>>
>>12496639
design as in the designer isnt part of a design team working 9-5 on some shitty palm tree or picture of a highrise building with a shitty insta-looking filter over it and "NEW YORK CITY" slapped onto a jumper made for 2 dollars by sweat shop workers
>>
>>12496633
Clothes like that are made with absurd price tags to create a controversy and make the company 'hehe aloof'. The people who buy it can obviously afford it and thus the brand makes a name for itself.
>>
>>12496633
Nothing justifies the cost, but the fact that there are extremely wealthy people who are willing to pay such prices explains it.
>>
>>12496633
>ranked in importance
1) very high quality (first class materials used, attention to details)

2) exclusivity

3) the thought behind it (usually has a meaning that's hidden to 99% of people who buy it, for an example a personal bond between the things on that jacket and the designer) which makes it a very valuable item for the designer
>>
>>12496780
Yes the designer likes "Jazz" and "Cool Music" and "Swing".
What a conceptual masterpiece.
>>
>>12496986
I was talking about expensive designer items in general.

I wasn't talking about this jacket specifically since I don't follow D&G, but a quick search has led me to this
'Music is the overarching theme of the new Spring Summer 2017 collection which traces the style, elegance and magnetism of Jazz Club musicians of the past.'.

So there you go, that's the thought behind it.
>>
>>12496636
>being this retarded
do you really think that overpriced designer shit costs that much for better quality and materials and not just for a brand?
>>
File: 1495069280829.jpg (137KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495069280829.jpg
137KB, 960x960px
>>12496986
>>
File: 1480544998905.png (706KB, 594x924px) Image search: [Google]
1480544998905.png
706KB, 594x924px
>>12496639
>Asks a question
>Gets a legitimate and sensible answer
>Proceeds to shoot answer down and project his autism without trying to understand

God you're insufferable. Fuck off from my board nigger
>>
>>12496639
people are going to pay whatever price they can if it means they get exactly what they want to be fashionable how they want to be. good luck finding something identical to this jacket
>Design? It has 2 sleeves, and a zipper
then don't buy it, buy some generic 30 dollar jacket on amazon my dude. that can still be fashionable too.

congratulations, i have explained fashion to you
>>
>>12497003

>>12496636

>name/designer/exclusivity (this is a big one)
>>
>>12496633
most of the time you're paying for the brand, human labor, and materials. mostly the brand
>>
to be fair this jacket looks like a "wrong generation" middle schooler would wear it every day of eighth grade
>>
>>12497365
What kind of person spends $7,645 on something like OP's pic? Who are they and what do they look like?
>>
>>12497752
hilary clinton wears a fair amount of dolce and gabbana
>>
>>12497752
rich people
>>
>>12496633
>jizz
>>
>>12496633
how else are you going to nonverbally notify passersby that you enjoy C00L music?
>>
>>12496633

well, if you can't afford it and wouldnt wear it anyway, whats it to you?
>>
File: chetbaker.jpg (13KB, 259x280px) Image search: [Google]
chetbaker.jpg
13KB, 259x280px
>>12496993
>which traces the style, elegance and magnetism of Jazz Club musicians of the past.'.
Nigga, what?
Look at this fit, tell me, whattahell does it have to do with the jacket in OP's pic?
They clearly don't know shit about the style of the artists they claim to have been inspired by. More, I would classify this fit here as something somewhat more "contemporary". Most jazz musicians dressed in way even more conservative, by today standarts.
>>
>>12496986
>>12499873
My point exactly. This jacket is made by an idiot who justifies his/her decisions with phrases like:

"like you know, like music is so cooool, let's put like a cassette that says COOL MUSIC in here! OMG YES, it's like jazz or something"
kys.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.