[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 53

File: fragrance general.jpg (190KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fragrance general.jpg
190KB, 900x900px
LAST THREAD >>12480672
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM [Embed]
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1494567268423.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1494567268423.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12496283
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
File: 1491821941598.png (22KB, 495x791px) Image search: [Google]
1491821941598.png
22KB, 495x791px
>mfw CB I Hate Perfume makes some of the best scents available but the owner is an insufferable douche and most of it is extremely overpriced

:DD
>>
Just got a 10ml decant of Jubilation XXV and holy fuck it's incredible. I want to get a full bottle but I heard the current formulation isn't great performance wise vs older batches(I'm getting 5-6 hours currently). Worth it to drop the extra cash on a vintage bottle?
>>
Any opinions on Dylan Blue? I've seen very polarised views from what I've read so far.
>>
I'm looking for a masculine fall/winter fragrance - more suited to evenings/weekends, not office/work really. Quite classic, nothing too experimental. Must be in EU. Must be able to get a sample as well. As it's evening/weekend doesn't need to be lasting 12 hours, half that will do. I quite like woody, leathery sort of smells but don't want it to be too overpowering. Ideally not too expensive (up to say £100). I'm quite young so nothing to 'old guy'. Doesn't necessarily be used for dates as I've got a gf. Maybe something that I could almost make like a 'signature' as such?
>>
>>12496797
Smells good imo, a typical crowd pleaser scent. Gives of a similar vibe as BdC, Sauvage and Invictus, but it's nonetheless unique.
People hate on it for the same reason they hate on sauvage: "muhh synthetic".

>>12496831
Try CH Men Privé
>>
>>12496716
Well, you could drop an extra couple hundred or so for a vintage bottle, or you could buy a travel atomizer for like 10.00 and just reapply.

Also, if you're in Canada or the U.S., use fragrancebuy.ca, they have Jubilation for 225.00 maplebux. Got my bottle there, it's legit.
>>
>>12496412
i like that don johnson gondola
>>
File: j.jpg (106KB, 787x559px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
106KB, 787x559px
How does he afford all this shit?
>>
>>12497135
A job? He is a reviewer so might get some for free.
>>
>>12497135
he's a shill for retailers?
>>
>>12497135
He gets a lot of it for free.
>>
need a rec guys, whats a good scent for summer going out (not work/casual)? I'm looking something either floral or oriental. would appreciate a few good recommendations I can then go away and do a bit of research on. Thank you.
>>
>>12497183
Wow, look who just uploaded his top 10 best summer fragrances list!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbJ3U1K_a5w&t=0s
>>
>>12497190
perfect timing, cheers for pointing that out
>>
What's your summer fragrance for this summer?
>>
File: nd.275.jpg (15KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
nd.275.jpg
15KB, 300x410px
>>12497210
>>
>>12497135
For sure YSL sends him shit. That's why he has 5 different bottles of La Nuit. He also wears a YSL pin in some of his videos.
>>
File: size.png (5KB, 372x132px) Image search: [Google]
size.png
5KB, 372x132px
i love wasting so much money on a fucking glass bottle
>>
>>12496997
Sauvage is synthetic though.
>>
>>12497259
fragrancebuy.ca is cheaper.
>>
>>12497259
Dude you can get them for half that price on notino
>>
>>12497135

he's not even the guy with the biggest collection.
as for price, robes08 said his collection is worth over 100.000$
for size, gents sents has over 900 bottles and there are at least a few guy on basenotes with over 1k bottles.

people really get invested into this hobby.
>>
Should I go for Polo Blue for a casual/work scent for cooler summer days or when its raining?
For note I work as a housekeeper and currently have l'eau d'issey and cool water for work use.
I started out with a few samples here and there
>>
>>12497210

I would wear Xerjoff Nio everyday since I think it's arguably the best summer scent ever. Unfortunately it's expensive as fuck so I have to use my 30ml sparingly.For everyday use I mostly grab Dior Homme Cologne or Atelier Bergamote Soleil
>>
>>12497437

Kinda unrelated but for rainy days Narciso Rodriguez For Him EDT is amazing. Wet concrete musk that just goes so well with rainy days.
>>
I asked this sometime ago but I never checked to see if anyone replied. Does anyone have any good soapy scents? I heard Lalique white fit that bill so I was gonna try that out but was wanting other recommendations.
>>
>>12497643
Try Mugler Cologne, or Prada Infusion D'homme.
>>
File: malt.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
malt.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>TFW bought pure malt for real cheap at Marshalls but have to wait two whole seasons to wear it

The open bottle design doesn't look like it lends itself to preservation very well, will it keep well enough until fall/winter?
>>
>>12497697
lol

the bottle will last years and years if you treat it right.

Waiting some odd months won't kill it.

Keep it cool and in the dark
>>
>>12497712
Figured, I know that's the case with other frags but I wasn't sure with this one because of the lack of cap. Thanks anon!
>>
>>12497679

This. Mugler Cologne is a great value soapy fresh scent that is a summer staple for me
>>
>>12497697
Saw it at Ross for $50. Or was it pure coffee? I forgot. Is that how much you paid for it?
>>
>>12497712
This.

Also, you can totally wear Pure Malt during the summer, just don't go full retard on the trigger and douse yourself in it. I actually like it during warmer months.
>>
>>12497697
Why? I think this is a perfect fun summer fragrance
>>
>>12497679
>>12497730
thanks I'll look into it. the description says that it was inspired by morrocan soap so that's probably a good sign.
>>
>>12497730
Does Mugler Cologne have good longevity? With it being a EdC, I wonder if it'll wear off quick.
>>
>>12497813

It's an EDT - I can pretty decent longevity. It's a fresh scent so you typically don't get more than 4-6 hours before it gets close to the skin. But I spray heavy(skin and clothes) on this since I have the giant bottle. Lasts me the work day which is all I ask for.
>>
>tfw you swap gradually swap your perfumes for more expensive and better perfumes
>>
I recently bought a winter/fall spray and was wondering the best way to perserve it for the next few months?
>>
>>12497878
Are you Pure Malt guy? Anyways just put it in your bottom drawer and keep it there.
>>
>>12497879
I didn't know what you meant for a second, heh. Na not the same dude, thank you though friend
>>
>>12496716
I bought a post reformulation bottle of Jubilation and get about 5-6 hours of longevity. It's enough to get through an event or a date but not an all-day workhorse. Disappointing given the price. If I had to do things over again I would have bought another gray market Bond or Creed with the money I spent on Jubilation.
>>
Anyone tried Xerjoff Mefisto? Looks like a good summer scent, kind of thinking of getting a bottle.
>>
>>12496412
>the owner is an insufferable douche
How? Also I heard a lot of the scents are very similar to certain Demeter scents, and I've found almost everything from Demeter disappointing. Is it true?
>>
Beginner here with (possibly) stupid questions. What does /frag/ use for shower gel/soap - I guess just plain unscented? Same for deodorant? I also quite like nice scented shave soaps, am I ok to use those as the smell doesn't last too long?

Other question - where do you apply it - wrists/below adam's apple/back of neck/sides of neck/on clothing/chest etc? I guess different amounts depending on strength/sillage, but how does location factor in?
>>
>>12498925
I always do some behind my ears, and then give it a few tap with my wrist. I don' tlike the whole "put it on your chest/adams apple" thing. That way your cologne keeps hanging under your nose, gets annoying after a while.
Spraying on the back of the neck also works.
>>
>>12497135
He already dressed nice / appeared well-off before he had a large youtube following so it's obvious that he has a decent job outside of making fragrance videos. He's also referenced before on multiple occasions that he has another job, and that he has yet to reveal what that job is.

He was/is a model, and also apparently somewhat attempted to have a music career so perhaps his job is related to one or both of those things.

Aside from that, it's obvious that fragrance companies are catching on to how influential he is and they are 100% without doubt sending him shit for free in hopes that he'll hype it up a la mont blanc individuel
>>
>>12497601
I can never find that shit in any of my local fragrance stores. But it sounds so intriguing. It's a little too expensive for me to risk giving it a blind buy, because I've seen pretty polarizing reviews on it.
>>
>>12497870
Love when that happens. As far as value goes, I swapped a 100ml tester of bvlgari amara (copped for about $20) for a half-full 150ml bottle of BdC. Not that BdC is anything spectacular, but it's much more expensive than the bvlgari so it was kind of a no-brainer.
>>
File: 9200000059577840.jpg (16KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
9200000059577840.jpg
16KB, 550x550px
Anyone else not like tonka bean?
>>
>>12499057

It's hit or miss with me. I can't stand it in Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme or Code Profumo but really enjoy it in Midnight In Paris and F Black.
>>
>>12499040

It opens with a VERY sharp violet but dries down to this amazing musk scent that lingers all day. I copped a bottle on one of the facebook groups for $40.
>>
hi /fra/
looking for new daily scents,
up until now I've used Givenchy - Xeryus Rouge, Chanel - Egoiste Platinum and YSL - L'Homme but I think I've gotten tired of most of them and also they're mostly running out so I think it's a good time for a change

Price range is prob around $100, more if it's worth it.

I like citrus, wood, spices, tobacco, vanilla, leather

Also not sure if it's a stretch for this budget but if I could get something that isn't too common it would be great.
>>
>>12499040
what is a sample
>>
>>12499084

Citrus and tobacco = Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme - runs around $30-40 for a 4.3oz bottle. Pretty common scent but it smells great.

Leather and vanilla = Golden Boy by Dueto Parfums. Smells a lot like Tuscan Leather but trades the raspberry in TL for a sweet vanilla. Can be found for around $80.
>>
>>12499090

Exactly - you can find a sample mini spash for $9 on ebay.
>>
>>12497737
Yeah! Super great deal, even the cheapest unopened online ones are like 60 bucks.

>>12497745
Really? That's interesting, I think it's a little heavy/sweet for summer. I'll have to try it out.
>>
>>12496283
i got some testers based on recs from a thread a while ago, i'm a total newbie to all this. what i got:
YSL La nuit de l'homme
Versace pour Homme
Nautica Voyage
Mont Blanc Individuel
D&G The One For Men
from those, i consider the Versace and D&G pretty crap, i don't like them and i for sure won't buy those. the rest(nautica, mont blanc, ysl) are damn good tho. MB and Nautica smell kinda alike to me(pretty fresh, something i'd wear during the summer) and YSL seems to have a totally different, heavier profile that i can see myself wearing all year. Do you guys have some other recs? I think i'll buy the YSL, but i'm open to recommendations.
>>
What cologne drives latina stacies wild? Recently moved to cali so I need to know
>>
>>12499683
Rub some of my cum behind your ears faggot
>>
>>12499745
Where u at?
>>
File: 1485739624011.jpg (23KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1485739624011.jpg
23KB, 785x757px
>>12499783

*teleports behind you*
>>
>>12499390

can you be less specific? what kind of recs?
>>
File: nd.34282.jpg (44KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
nd.34282.jpg
44KB, 300x412px
>>12496831
You want pic related. You will thank me, I assure you.
>>
>>12500116

is there a shill in the the thread? there was another autistic rec in the last thread of the same shitty frag
>>
>>12500127
Not a shill but that's my every day cologne and I love it. It gets complimented all the time
>>
File: index.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
fragrancenet is having a 30% off sale, but I don't know what to buy. I know I shouldn't buy anything without trying it first, but I don't have time to go to the department store and i'm sick of polo blue at the office.

I have pic related which I like a lot for nights, but I'd like some for variety, and maybe some daytime as well.

So, 2 bottles, maybe 1 day and 1 night.

What should I do?
>>
>>12500621
>What should I do?

Buy samples or hit up a decant service.

Fragrancenet has a sale every other day.

And even when they don't, they're still a lot cheaper than brick and mortar.
>>
File: yesl.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
yesl.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>12500712
I'll look to buy a few samples, but in the mean time, I found a sample of YSL l'homme libre i got years ago. Not sure if the time changed it, but I actually like it a lot, for daytime, right?

Do they even make it anymore? If so, should I get a bottle of this, or are there better choices? Price range seems acceptable.

I'm new to all this sorry I suck.
>>
>>12500804
>right?

No, it's your call.

"Daytime" frags tend to have more citrus notes and tend to smell more "fresh."

Libre appears to be a green flanker of l'homme. Greens tend to last longer than citrus.
>>
What's a great everyday, masculine scent that one can wear in the fall/winter time in a univesity environment without smelling too tryhard or like the "cologne guy"?
>>
>>12500884
just wear aventus
>>
File: my dude.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
my dude.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
>>12500884
i got u senpai
>>
>>12500910
>>12500911
stop meming anons it's an honest question
>>
>>12500884

You'll mostly smell the lavender and anise.

Really though, start sampling.
>>
>>12500084
sorry fampai, now that i see it my post is kinda confusing
i liked those three fragrances that i mentioned(Individuel, Nautica, YSL), is there anything else with similar qualities that i might want to check out? the budget is around 100-120$ tops. I'm a dude, i dress casually, looking for something i can wear all year.
>>
>>12501128
These are some designers that are quality and also smell good to the average person

bleu de chanel
chanle allure homme sport edition blanche
dior homme
dior homme intense
dior sauvage
jean paul gautier le male
carrolina herrera ch men
carrolina herrera ch men prive
guerlain homme
guerlain l'homme ideal
thierry mugler cologne
thierry mugler pure malt
rochas man
burberry london
acqua di gio profumo
bvlgari aqua amara
armaf club de nuit intense
>>
Is 212 men strong enough to wear casually in the autumn and winter? I feel its too strong for work use in the hotter months, so I'll probably use it when I'm out and about on days off and such when the weather cools down.
Also, how do I stop buying samples?
>>
File: les-schtroumpfs-003.jpg (253KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
les-schtroumpfs-003.jpg
253KB, 1024x768px
imagines a real life version of the Schtroumpfs and not blue. more like miniatures gnomes living in mushroom houses.

thats kinda what regimes des fleurs Fauna smells like.
>>
I'd really like a recommendation, I've never worn cologne in my life. Male, light, sweet smelling, casual, for the summer. Price doesn't matter unless its like ultra expensive.

Also, how safe is it to buy online? I see people asking on Amazon if they are "real" and not fake ones made in the same bottle.
>>
>>12501466
Versace Pour Homme is my rec for a light, sweet summer frag, though it's also very citrusy and fresh.

Online is fine, don't do amazon though. Only do ebay sellers with positive feedback in the thousands. Nothing under 99.5% positive feedback, and only buy sealed frags there. NEVER buy decants on ebay, stick to theperfumedcourt, link in the op.
>>
>>12501480

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.
>>
File: malt.jpg (55KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
malt.jpg
55KB, 300x450px
Post good frags with terrible bottles

Pic related, looks good from the front, but from any other angle it's wonky and asymmetrical, plus it doesn't spray well at all.
>>
>>12501570
Yeah, I hate how those bottles spray. You either get a stream of frag or a mist or a dribble.
>>
File: 1458611560910.jpg (248KB, 895x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458611560910.jpg
248KB, 895x1200px
>>12500880
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely get samplers of a few different l'homme scents before I commit, and see which I prefer (these samples I have are from 2011, surely they must have changed in all that time). But, I definitely think it's nice for summer days, and that's what I want to focus on right now.

I know Aventus is great too, but I can't justify anything over $100/bottle right now. Once I've settled on some choices for those, I'll look into a decant service for things like that.
>>
File: invictus aqua.jpg (35KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
invictus aqua.jpg
35KB, 300x372px
This is discontinued, right?
>>
>>12501570
I bought the original A*Men (which I'm not too fond of) with the metal flask simply so I could put my Pure Malt in it. Those plastic cases are fucking horrible. I have no idea why Mugler seems so married to the fucking things. I don't think anyone likes them. They look cheap and tacky and don't spray properly.
>>
>>12501466
YSL L'homme
>>
>>12501624
k cool, I'll give that one a shot thanks
>>
>>12501600

the worst part is that they have no caps on the sprayer so air can enter inside the bottle which shortens the lifetime of the fragrance.
>>
>>12501740
Fuck, now I'm paranoid. Is there any way to stop that? Like tape or something? Sounds ghetto as fuck, but if it works...
>>
>>12501740
True. I hadn't really even thought of that. Maybe the bastard does it on purpose so his stuff goes bad and people have to buy new ones more often. I dunno. Either way, shit bottles.
>>
Is fragrancex.com legit?
>>
ive been extremely shitposting all day on other boards, hold me brothers
>>
Is playboy play it rock discontinued? Its stupidly expensive compared to other frags in the playboy range...
>>
>>12501754
You could try teflon tape. Or any kind of tape really...But teflon tape is good for wrapping and sealing things. And doesn't have any residue to leave behind.
>>
File: 1373904740-22164200_zps29618dd5.jpg (35KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1373904740-22164200_zps29618dd5.jpg
35KB, 800x800px
Daily go to
>>
>>12501740
> thinking caps are some sort of airtight seal
>>
>>12502300
bro science
>>
What is a good option for poor people?
>>
>>12502425
Guerlain Vetiver
100 ml tester bottle on fragrancenet for $26
timeless, all-season classic EdT with solid performance and longevity
>>
>>12500127
Have you ever smelled it? Not shitty at all. Got a sample in a birchbox sub box and love it. Just pricy for me.
>>
File: bulgari.jpg (20KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
bulgari.jpg
20KB, 380x380px
>Mistakenly order Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme sample instead of Aqua Amara because I was a frag noob at the time of ordering
>Arrives today after eons, enjoy it initially but devolves into what I swear is the epitome of what black dudes smell like

Please tell me this isn't what Aqua Amara smells like
>>
>>12502881
Well, aqua pour homme has a cotton flower note in it, so maybe that's where you're getting the black guy smell.
>>
Literally came here looking for a fragrance thread and here it was, top thread.

I'm going to the Bahamas soon and am interested in a new scent. Was thinking about getting Paco Rabanne 1 Million (I know it's a winter scent but I've been craving it since the last time I had it. During winter no less). Otherwise I'm not sure what to look at, it's been a while since I've tested scents out. I liked the Souvage that came out by... Dior? But I don't want to be -that guy- that buys the new hotness that department store clerks try to push.
>>
File: _IHWEIEHBFEI.gif (2MB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
_IHWEIEHBFEI.gif
2MB, 300x160px
>>12502885
kek
>>
File: images(12).jpg (7KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
images(12).jpg
7KB, 208x242px
>>12502897
Pic related
>>
>>12502897
Dior Sauvage would definitely be the better summer scent. Also, don't worry, you won't be -that guy- at all, the only -that guy- type people there are with frags are people who are still wearing Eternity or whatever.
>>
>>12496283
>>>12496283
>If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Looking for a rec.

Male, price range is high but lower if I can't sample it at a department store, summer time at a vacation on the ocean with a James Bond theme, I like woody and musky scents, dislike the super light blue preppy boy yacht club type scents,
>>
>>12502908
>>12502908
The party I'm going to is James Bond themed and Souvage seems to fit into that idea as well. Tempting.

Haha funny you mention, I wear Eternity to work sometimes. It's a classier smell I think but I'm rarely interested in it. I've had the sub-1oz bottle for nearly 10 years now.
>>
File: irritated eye.jpg (35KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
irritated eye.jpg
35KB, 660x440px
>TFW love frags so much but they irritate my eyes

Anyone else know that feeling? That, plus the excessive heat/blush I get when I smell certain super generic frags makes me think I might be allergic to some common ingredient.
>>
>>12497643
>soapy
Seconding Mugler Cologne, and adding Grey Flannel.
>>
>>12498925
No stupid questions detected. I use lightly scented soaps, but as you said, they aren't strong enough to compete with the SotD. Unscented deodorant, yes. And as for application, my pasta:

I do 2-5 sprays, depending on frag, atomizer, occasion, etc. Most frags 3-4 sprays. 1-2 on chest for nice wafts from collar all day, 1 on back of neck, 1-2 on forearm(s). Avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face/front of neck, to prevent olfactory fatigue. Under clothing mutes projection. On hair/clothing holds on to top notes longer.
>>
>>12499044
Swapped twice to great success. Maybe I'll put an ad in CL this time...
>>
>>12501251
>Is 212 men strong enough to wear casually in the autumn and winter?
It's a beast, so yes.
>Also, how do I stop buying samples?
I don't understand the question.
>>
>>12501466
>Amazon
see
>>12489508
>>
File: uomo.jpg (89KB, 299x361px) Image search: [Google]
uomo.jpg
89KB, 299x361px
Just smelling from the bottle, kind of afraid to apply it to skin at the moment, but does anyone else find this really harsh?
>>
>>12501570
>>12501577
>>12501600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZmrctom8OQ
>>
>>12501740
I got news for you and you're not going to like it: there is air under the cap too. Good thing not pressing the atomizer downwards is the real hero in the battle against air here.
>>
>>12502249
I's incredible. A true all-rounder but favorite time for it is in the summer heat.
>>
>>12502912
Havana
Equipage
>>
File: dylan blue.jpg (23KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
dylan blue.jpg
23KB, 300x390px
How is Dylan Blue compared to Pour Homme?
>>
>>12502881
Amara is very different from the original. Smells like mandarins with a floral/sea water vibe.
>>
>>12502975
Almost unrecognisable really. I think they just used the recognisable bottle to sell it. I quite like it though, but it would have been nice as a new release although it's closer in my opinion to Eros than it is to VPH
>>
>>12501570
I love Mugler but fuck do I hate the bottle's for A*Men. Irritates the life out of me that Mugler has so many men's fragrances but literally only two bottle designs (A*Men and Mugler Cologne) while the women's line has a lot of different designs for each fragrance. I seriously wish they'd drop the A*Men line entirely and make some new men's fragrances just so I don't have to stare at a group of tacky/cheap looking bottles every day.
>>
>>12500116
I have pasha noir, my most complemented fragrance suprisingly
>>
>>12502963
I am aware. The point is, you shouldn't have to mutilate your bottles in order to get them to spray properly. Plus, doing that makes them look even uglier.
>>
>>12503381
Think that goes without saying, but it is a solution to the problem.
>>
>>12503576
Well, it's a solution in the sense that driving without tires is a solution to constantly getting flats.
>>
>>12501895
yes
>>
File: Morningwood.jpg (36KB, 960x1221px) Image search: [Google]
Morningwood.jpg
36KB, 960x1221px
Anyone own this, and can vouch for it? thinking about blind buying for fall
>>
Are any of the David Beckham frags worth blind buying? Made of Instinct has my attention as a cheapie that is versatile.
>>
>>12503684
I do, and I have only received compliments from older women. So, take that as you may....
>>
>>12502249
>>12502969
What do You think about Terre d'hermes eau tres fraiche?
>>
File: cdnim.jpg (67KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cdnim.jpg
67KB, 1080x1920px
Has anyone tried Armaf Club de nuit intense ?
>>
>>12503932
Yeah it's trash
>>
>>12503814
Second guy here. I like it a lot, and am seriously considering grabbing a bottle. Think it's less versatile than the OG, but is a nice freshie for spring/summer in its own right.
>>
would like something like pic related.
think of a walk in a spring forest after rain. Pine trees, moss or resin
but not too woody/warm, I'd prefer fresh

any ideas?
>>
Is the Creed Green Irish Tweed tester glass or plastic?? Is it any good?
>>
>>12504112
Testers are usually just the normal bottle without a cap. So it should be glass. And GIT is pretty well-liked, yeah.
>>
I can't get the Creed, man. What if I don't like it?
>>
>>12504120
Then don't buy it. Try out a sample first. Hell, I'll sell you my sample (assuming you're talking about Green Irish Tweed).
>>
>>12504120
You should always sample fragrances, especially expensive niche fragrances before you buy them for precisely that reason.

I never blind buy anything over 50.00 or so.
>>
>>12503814
It's slightly too linear, just pure citrus but the longevity is incredible and not just for a fresh scent. Easily outperforms even heavy winter frags. If I spray the room Friday morning, leave the apaertment and go back Sunday evening it still smells like someone was just sqeezing fresh lemons. I would wear it only during very warm summer.
>>
File: frags.png (229KB, 764x461px) Image search: [Google]
frags.png
229KB, 764x461px
Finally got these in the mail.

I swapped my Prada Infusion d'Homme for the Bleu de Chanel Parfum, and my 2.0 fl oz (about 85% full) La Nuit De L'homme for the Prada Carbon.

Think I did really well especially since I traded my Boss Bottled for the La Nuit, and I have another La Nuit bottle I can keep anyways.
>>
Ive been trying to avidly purchase a bottle every 3 months but its been getting quite expensive.

This month I was debating between Tom Ford Black Orchid or Creed Aventus.

Anyone who owns either give some input on wearing them?

I've walked in stores and tried them but yet to wear them in public space or have the scent one me all day.
>>
>>12504385
aventus will be more all year round, i can't imagine wearing black orchid on anything hotter than a cold spring day. I was tired of shitty projection fragrances and got something potent like black orchid, 2 sprays on neck and 1 on each shoulder
>>
>>12503932
dry down is identical to dry down of aventus. chicks love it
>>
>>12503684

I own it, got it as a gift. The smell is really enjoyable, but don't get it if you don't like the smell of violets. It's basically violet plus pepper. It's a great casual, daytime scent. However the performance is terrible.
>>
>>12504385
Buy both Pineapple Vintage Noir and Rasasi La Yuqawam. You get the best quality-for-price almost-Aventus available, and a cool weather almost-Tom Ford that is arguably better than the original. Sure LY mimics Tuscan Leather, which is not exactly in the same category as Black Orchid, but either way you get 175ml of really top quality perfumes for less than the cost of the 100ml Black Orchid alone or about half the price of the 125ml Creed.
>>
>>12504385
>Ive been trying to avidly purchase a bottle every 3 months but its been getting quite expensive.

So don't buy every 3 months? Especially if you can't afford it or have no reason to.

Maybe change it to once every 5 months if you're insisting on it.
>>
>>12501251
Consider this: samples are a waste of your money. Lets assume you've already bought ~20 samples -- may be more, may be less, but for the purpose of this argument, let's say 20 -- by now you should have a decent idea of what you like/dont like. Lets also assume that each sample costs you ~$2/3 -- again, could be more, could be less -- that's $40-60 you've basically wasted on two or three applications of fragrances you might not even like. That $40-60 could be put towards a full bottle of something you love instead of wasted on stuff you dont/won't like but wish to try for the sake of it.

If you know the families of fragrances you like, research on fragrantica for highly praised examples of those families and try and see if your local brick and mortar department store has it. If so, get your nose on it and if you're a fan, try fragrancenet or whatever else you use to get cheapish full bottles.
>>
File: Paco Rabanne Olympea (2).jpg (863KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Paco Rabanne Olympea (2).jpg
863KB, 1400x1050px
I only wear Paco Rabanne Olympea and Black XS - One with light colours, one with dark. Having a simple, recognizable 'signature fragrance' is better than having ten different scents for each season, time of day, etc.
>>
>>12504643
Ok, but how do you know what fragrances you love if you don't buy samples? Is it not more economical to buy a 3 dollar sample of something to see if you'll like it rather than dropping 200.00 or more on a bottle you might not like?

Many fragrances are not carried at brick and mortar stores commonly. Many niche brands are only carried at specialty shops and not everyone has one of those nearby. You can't always tell if you'll like something just from looking at the note breakdowns. For example, I recently got a sample of Straight to Heaven Extreme from By Kilian. I thought it would be sweet rum, vanilla, and dried fruit. What it actually is is very woody, almost citrus-smelling with very dry rum, almost no vanilla that I can detect, and no sweetness at all. You need to smell shit to know what it's like, just looking at note breakdowns won't do it.
>>
>>12504670
There are companies that send you a "monthly supply" of a perfume/cologne of your choice for $15 a month.
>>
Just grabbed a bottle of Purple Label super cheap. Should I keep it or resell it? Seeing insane prices on ebay.
>>
>>12504703
I doubt there are companies sending you Roja Dove or Xerjoff and the like for 15.00 a month.
>>
>>12504711
If you're all about "muh niche", then yeah, nothing will help you aside from buying $20 sample vials.
>>
>>12504720
I prefer niche fragrances because they're more unique and interesting. There are some designers I like too. The point was that if someone wants something beyond the standard faire you'd find at Macy's or wherever, it's much cheaper to sample than to gamble on an expensive bottle.
>>
I tried 5 samples at the perfume store today

Versace Eros: Pretty good, my favorite of the 5
Sauvage: Not as bad as I thought it would be
Farenheit: whatever
Spicebomb: pretty bad
La Nuit de L'Homme: absolute pleb frag, one of the worst ive smelled, what is jeremy even thinking

on a side note that store had a bunch of creed but no aventus, and the lady working there was so far up her ass that she didnt believe me when I told her dior poison girl existed. she didnt even want to verify she said she had 27 years in the domain and seen plenty of people like me who spout bullshit. well whatever dumb lady
>>
>>12504782
lol what

what a stupid thing to doubt somebody about, let alone insult them for
>>
>>12504788
yeah our encounter was pretty weird. i thought it was funny though
>>
>>12504088
L'eau Bleue d'Issey
>>
Shell out just a smidge more for Hermes L'eau d'orange.
>>
>>12504863
I meant this for >>12499084
>>
>>12504646
>is better than
OK. Based on what criteria?
>>
>>12504708
>Should I keep it or resell it?
I guess that would depend on how much you like it.
>>
>>12504708
Forgot to mention I just had a big score myself: Unforgivable Multi Platinum, Envy fM and Live Jazz. The latter two are backup bottles, but I might have to sell an Envy, and I kind of like the first, but then I think of all the great scents I could buy with that dough...
>>
>>12504366
How is carbon my dude
>>
File: hf_c_mousses_moss_herbal.jpg (32KB, 309x454px) Image search: [Google]
hf_c_mousses_moss_herbal.jpg
32KB, 309x454px
>>12504846
thanks, will check it out

also pic related as a fragrance would be dope
>>
>>12505052
not that dude but it is radically different from LRE, didn't like it.
>>
File: squa.jpg (18KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
squa.jpg
18KB, 400x489px
Thoughts? Super tempted to blind buy, can't find a reliable sample anywhere
>>
why is the sillage on most etat libre dorange frags so unpleasant, it's like they dont care
>>
>>12505052
>>12505306

It's more similar to Dior Savauge. If you think Sauvage is too harsh and synthetic then try Carbon. Problem is Sauvage has better longevity and sillage, by a long shot.
>>
>>12505638
whats that suppossed to mean?
>>
>>12502962
Don't find it harsh at all,
I think it smells great.
>>
>>12502975
VPH is more of a fresh citrusy day frag
VDB seems more of a going out @ night type of frag.
>>
>>12504088
Green Irish Tweed by Creed (pricey)
or Cool Water (cheap GIT)
Try them out first
>>
>>12504088
yeah Green irish tweed except theres no pine
>>
>>12505708
>>12505709
tried git so often, not a fan

gonna try and find these somewhere which i got from basenotes:
profumum roma - arso
john varvatos - artisan blue
l’antichambre - message oublie
tom ford - vert d’encens
>>
>>12503932
good, don't listen to creedfags
>>
>>12505569
I love it, but its very casual, and gives off a young vibe if your ok with that. Perfect amount of sweetness tied in with solid citrus. Great performance for a summer fragrance.
>>
>>12504782
>Spicebomb: pretty bad
Eh, that's what I thought when I first smelled SB & said 2 myself, "this is what all the fuss is about?" I also thought it was too strong & "spicy" in the beginning...
But for whatever reason I got a sample & one day I wore it around winter, sniffed it here & there & I gotta say it grew on me, it goes very well in Christmas season, that & the bottle is really cool.
>So I bought the small grenade.
>>
>>12505569
>Smells great,
>ranked as a high compliment getter
>kinda feel lucky I bought a bottle before discontinued
>>
>>12505737
>>12505727
Welp, blind bought it. Either way I think it's good, if I love it then I love it, if I don't care for it then I can wait a year and pawn it off for 100.
>>
What is the cheapest fragrance that still smells good and non-tacky?

I mean, there has to be some barebones "Essence of Lime" sort of thing, which just consists of essential oil of lime and some alcohol.

Is 4711 worth a shot?
>>
>>12505569
Fragrance net has samples.
>>
>>12505865
I just figured to distrust any sites not in the OP, have you ordered from there before?
>>
>>12505851
>pawn it off for 100

Lol that's not how it works
>>
File: dior_sauvage_new.jpg (214KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dior_sauvage_new.jpg
214KB, 800x800px
Just got this shit. It's pretty good.
>>
>>12505858
Well, you could just use essential oils. Or mix your own with alcohol.

Iso E Super is cheap and basic but not everyone can smell it.
>>
>>12505877
The sites in the OP are strictly decant sites. Meaning they actually open a bottle and sell a few mL in a small bottle. It's in the Op because people here love buying niche fragrances but don't have the money to buy full bottles, so they just buy small vials.

Fragrance net has carded samples that you would get at the department store. Should give you about 2-3 days of use. The OP isn't end-all be all. Do some research.
>>
>>12505878
If it's discontinued and still sealed, the value will go up, right? Seems to be a well loved frag.
>>
>>12505897
There are tons of discontinued fragrances that sell for ~$20. Lanvin Avant Garde being one.
>>
>>12505900
And their values weren't that low to begin with/they weren't bad frags, right?
>>
>>12505900
Midnight in Paris. Also discontinued, I just got a bottle for 30.00.
>>
>>12505902
Avant Garde is pretty popular. Like the other guy said Midnight in Paris is popular too.
>>
File: 20170601_200627.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_200627.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
ok so i don't really know anything about perfume, but I get a lot of perfumes as gifts and I want to know if this givenchy is fake or real, can anyone help me?

>>12505886
yooo i got this as a gift too, but it's a tester so it lasts like 2-3 hours, actually it might be fake too tb.h
>>
>>12505932
Your Sauvage is probably fake. Where did you get it? It's supposed to be linear and long lasting.
>>
>>12505923
What were the starting prices? Look, as long as they don't go down, I'm fine.
>>
>>12505717
update on this list
gonna try and find these somewhere which i got from basenotes:
>profumum roma - arso
liked it on a tester, cedar and a bit of sweet leather. tested it on my skin and its cedar overload, literally the only thing i can smell
>john varvatos - artisan blue
nah. cheap generic male scent
>tom ford - vert d’encens
quite nice, but preferred vert de bois when i compared them on a tester, which was slightly less sweet, more fresh
>>
>>12505941
I've got Sauvage "tester" version too. It doesn't last for shit and liquid have piss color. At first i thought i have green Sauvage bootle.
>>
>>12506032
It's fake. Testers don't have a shorter lifespan than the retail version.
>>
>>12505941
im >>12505932
I got it as a gift, it says tester with red on it, I would show it to you but my old man took it with him on a business trip
>>
File: o.15424.jpg (21KB, 424x572px) Image search: [Google]
o.15424.jpg
21KB, 424x572px
I want something like this just better
>>
Lalique Encre Noir - cop or not?
I have to blind buy it because there is no place I could test it.
>>
>>12506228
Yeah, it's a cop, dude. Don't take the bait.
>>
>>12506321

I've heard mixed reviews on it since now it has 79% alcohol instead of 78% and that "makes it smell like liquid soap at first".

I don't know what bait are you referring to.
>>
Holy shit

Eau Sauvage Parfum is god-tier
>>
>>12506326
I mean it's a cop. Sting operation. It's not actually a hooker. You're gonna get sent to Club Pound-Me-in-the-Ass, bro.
>>
>>12506326
I've used the 79% one daily last autumn/winter and to me the opening was more like getting slapped with a cypress branch. To answer your initial question, go for it, it's cheap and in the absolute worst case you'll know to avoid frags that are heavy on iso E super in the future.
>>
Bleu de Chanel
Chanel Platinum

depends I guess
>>
>>12506346
I've heard it's not a crowd pleaser.

>>12506352
Thanks, I'll cop.
>>
>>12506228
If you are a fan of smoky, rooty, earthy vetiver and live some place cold, maybe give it a shot. Just know that it is a very somber fragrance. I love it, but rarely wear it. May I suggest EN Sport as a blind buy? It retains the soul of the original, but is much more wearable.
>>
>>12506403
I have an ideea of how EN smells and I've read that it's more suitable for funerals than business/more serious meetings. Didn't knew the Sport version existed, but if it doesn't stray too much from the wood and vetiver scents and also has a more "acceptable" smell I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>12505932
>can anyone help me?
http://www.basenotes.net/forums/284-Perfume-Appraisals

While I love this sub, cries of "fake!" are heard here way too often with zero evidence to back them up. Could you just be experiencing olfactory fatigue from that Sauvage? How many sprays and where? Poke around that BN forum and you'll see it often takes more than one picture to spot counterfeits.
>>
>>12506342
As one who thinks the venerated original smells like furniture polish, I totally agree about the Parfum. It's incredible. Just saw it was reformulated recently, alas.
>>
>>12506420
My pleasure. When I hear the flanker tern "sport" I usually roll my eyes, but they really did the original justice with this one. Just read some reviews.
>>
>>12505037

Exacly what I was thinking. I have a decant of Bleecker St and I enjoy it but man, if I can unload this purple label for $180 on ebay I could score so much shit I've been eyeing.
>>
>>12506500
Who would buy purple label for that price? I bought a brand new 120ml from Barney's last summer for $100.
>>
>>12506631

Idiots, really. Only place I know you can get it is Barney's. I've seen PL as high as $250 on ebay, really riding off the Bleecker hype.
>>
>>12504088
Try Encre Noir Sport by Lalique. It's a vetiver based fragrance that doesn't have any "pinyness" to it, but it smells like a very green, dark, damp, bark sort of smell. Has some nice floral and citrusy undertones too. I love it and it always make me think of a wet old-growth forest.
>>
File: hunter.jpg (43KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
43KB, 300x333px
Post guilty pleasures.

I really love this frag, only recently did I see the mixed reviews on fragrantica.
>>
>>12506228
Why not buy a decant?

Seriously, it's a frag that's hit or miss with most people.
>>
Is myperfumesamples legit?
>>
File: Lubin-Akkad_100ml_EdP-510x700.jpg (58KB, 510x700px) Image search: [Google]
Lubin-Akkad_100ml_EdP-510x700.jpg
58KB, 510x700px
anyone tried before? anyone had any experience with lubin before?
>>
>>12507147
It's a $30 bottle. There is a point at which you might as well buy one, rather than a decant.
>>
My friend just got into fragrances and I owe him a very late secret Santa present. What's a good cheapie to get him into the fragrance game? He's in his early 20s, something casual, spring/summer.
>>
>>12507161
sample incoming. Sounded pretty nice from reviews
>>
What's the base note in scents like bleu de Chanel, sauvage, and Eros that are that typical 'cologne' smell? Really synthetic.
>>
>>12506032
I have the tester version and the liquid is white and lasts long
>>
>>12507287
360º Red fM
>>
>>12503814
This is my go to during the summer. I don't know why it isn't more popular.
>>
>>12502432
are you referring to Vetiver 2000 or Vetiver Extreme?
>>
>>12507600
The standard Vetiver, 2000 formulation. Extreme is also nice, but it's more dry and less classic than OG Vetiver.
>>
>>12507156
yes, bought quite a few samples from them. They don't really got any niche stuff though.
>>
>>12503814
Wearing this right now and it's great - performs very well and the citrus is top notch. Dumb reach all summer
>>
is Frederic Malle any good?
>>
>>12507627
cheers man, i'll get a sample
>>
>>12507667
It's more niche. Try Carnal Flower
>>
File: 1.hapu2.png (106KB, 248x228px) Image search: [Google]
1.hapu2.png
106KB, 248x228px
>At RL fragrance store
>Find frag I really like, price offered is 45 dollars after the Father's Day discount and him "pulling strings" to take off 5 dollars, was originally $79.99
>Look online
>It's 20 fucking dollars

HOW
WHO IS BUYING THIS SHIT
>>
>>12506455
Normally there's wailing and gnashing of teeth over every reformulation, but it seems that eau sauvage parfum's is not upsetting too many people.
>>
>>12507140
Is this the one by this lady:
http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/working/2014/11/what_it_s_like_to_be_a_perfumer_a_transcript_of_episode_5_of_slate_s_working.html

How is it? Sounds good but I haven't had a chance to sample it.
>>
Should I hold onto my bottle of Body Kouros given its discontinued? Or should I use it given it was only £40 rather than the £65 retail?
>>
>>12507304
do tell how it goes
>>
>>12507339
Yep i know exactly what youre talking about. Its also very prominent in ADG profumo which really ruins an otherwise amazing frag for me
>>
>>12507827
Very pleasant. Woody and citrusy, very fresh and sort of green and it lacks that harsh "artificial" scent that clouds so many good men's fragrances. Sort of a younger fragrance, but in a good way.
>>
>>12507811
>At RL fragrance store.
>Expecting not to get gouged.

Yeah, nah.
>>
Is the EDP of Polo Blue supposed to have bad longevity? I've seen people write reviews of it not lasting nowhere near as long as the EDT
>>
>>12507955
I completely agree with adg profumo but can't smell it at all in Bleu or Sauvage. I the biggest offender right next to profumo would be CH men.
>>
>>12507667

I tried most of their offerings, mostly the popular ones for men. I have to agree with luca turin, they are good but nothing ground breaking. I didn't think any of them was worth how much they are charging.
>>
>>12507955
Yeah. I just want to know what that note is. I looked up their notes and they don't all share one.
>>
I am getting one of these anti-perspirants you only need to apply once every 4 days, for work (Workshop work) should I still apply a deodorant every day. Its fairly active work, and even if my pits are not sweating as much its nice to have a bit of a nice background smell just incase.
>>
What types of fall scents work with more casual clothing? Any recommendations?
>>
File: IMG_1477.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1477.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just picked this up. Beautiful stuff. This is gonna be my scent this summer.
>>
>>12508197
What antiperspirant? My arm pits don't ever stop sweating even with antiperspirant deodorant, that sounds amazing.
>>
>>12507904
That would depend on how much you like it, I suppose. Still very available on amazon.
>>
>>12508186
Because bleu sauvage and profumo smell nothing alike. I think i know what you mean by generic cologne but i dont see it in those frags
>>
>>12508334

I have not tested it yet, I heard about Driclor and am trying Perspi-Guard, ill post in here if it works for me as I sweat like mad.
>>
>>12507811
At the store where I go to sample niche fragrance I often see guys with buy multiple Creeds and Tom Ford Private Blends after a quick sniff on a paper strip. Some people have so much money that they really don't give any fucks.
>>
pleb here. Kouros all day errday. Fuck the police.
>>
>>12508334
Not that anon, but Mitchum Advanced Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant for Men, Gel is like spackle for your pits.
>>
>>12508422
>pleb
>Kouros
Pick one.
>>
>>12508628
I am by /fa/'s standards, I haven't even bought any new clothes since februari and most of what I wear is pretty cheap.

Nice collection, I've run out of the old stuff. The reformulated version with the white shoulders is still pretty great but it feels more harsh in the opening and it's not as sexy to me for some reason.
>>
File: 123543535.jpg (99KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
123543535.jpg
99KB, 960x960px
>>12508628
>>
>>12508674
Drunk driving-core will be the next patrician thing.
>>
>>12508717

Never expected to find someone who would recognize that picture on /fa/
>>
>>12508674
Please. My chest is WAY hairier. It wasn't before I started spraying THE KING on it, though!
>>
What's the best place to sell frags aside from Ebay? I have a couple of full bottles that I don't want.
>>
>>12508984

Facebook groups - in particular Fragrance Swap and Fragrance Guru Nation
>>
>>12508328

Really want to test this out. How much did your bottle cost?
>>
>>12508990
275.00 CAD.

Really nice stuff. Beautiful, fresh citrus, not too tart, great rose note, florals and sandalwood that come through in the drydown. Very mature, very sexy. I'm loving it.
>>
>>12508989
Thanks, I'll check them out.
>>
Hi /fa/ - looking for a subtle but sexy fragrance for going out. If it matters, white male 6'0".
>>
>>12509118
La Nuit, The One EdP
>>
File: kira.png (890KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
kira.png
890KB, 500x742px
What fragrance would he wear?
>>
Mainly due to their sillage and scent, Kouros and Joop Homme interest me, solely to see what the fuss is about. Is it worth trying either of them?
>>
>>12510274
Not Kouros,
I've only smelled Joop on paper, and its not worth it either.

Kouros is an old, antiquated smell just like drakkar noir. It smells just like urinal cakes and anyone who tries to convince you otherwise is a troll.
The only way I could see this smelling okay is if you smoked like a pack of cigs everyday, maybe.
The sillage sounds nice, but it is too large and obnoxious.

Please do not waste time or money on this.
>>
>>12510076

Silver Mountain Water
>>
What site has the best deals in the UK?
>>
>>12510722
notino
>>
>>12510274
I'd say it's one of the more divisive scents, but it's imo one of the greatest ever, especially vintage, especially in the summer heat. Not a beginner fragrance, however.
>>
>>12510274
>Joop Homme
Oh and this is worth checking out simply because of its place in fragrance history and its legendary performance, but the scent is nothing special to my nose.
>>
I hear Silver Mountain Water is easily replicated, does anyone know any reliable copies?
>>
>>12511174
Al rehab - silver. Slightly more metallic than SMW but a good clone nonetheless. I'd say get the roll on oil if you're looking for longevity
>>
>>12511174
Al-Wisam Day is pretty good, I used to own it but it gave me a headache. It smells very similar but of course Creed is better blended.
>>
File: 345134308_w200_h200_kppf137[1].jpg (10KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
345134308_w200_h200_kppf137[1].jpg
10KB, 190x190px
I bought a bottle of the first batch of Dior Sauvage. I compared it to a sample of what I assume is the latest batch, that I got from a vial at Sephora.

Anyways, the original batch isn't as "harsh" as the newer ones. It's smoother and doesn't pierce your nostrils like the latest batch.

Has anyone noticed anything like this? I thought it was strange.
I did buy it second-hand. I checked everything and it's legit, or maybe he didn't store it under ideal conditions so it broke down a little bit.
>>
>>12511259
load of bollocks.
>>
>>12511297
>>
>>12511297
You sure mate? I got 2 different batches right here
>>
File: 23430483_alt_1.jpg (15KB, 350x471px) Image search: [Google]
23430483_alt_1.jpg
15KB, 350x471px
Got this shit free today because I was buying soaps for my mom and it was buy 2 get 1 free mix and match
I know ">bath and body works" but im actually diggin it as an every day casual kinda scent, plus its only 25 bucks
did I do good?
>>
My Imaginary Authors Discovery Set came in today and wow, I didn't really like any of them. I got Memoirs/Mosaic/Cobra&The Canary/Falling into the Sea/Every Storm a Serenade/Cape Heartache/Slow Explosions and the Soft Lawn. Everything smelled extremely linear and had no depth. I kinda liked Cape Heartache but even that was too sweet. Oh well, at least the box it came in looks cool.
>>
File: dana.jpg (2MB, 3480x4161px) Image search: [Google]
dana.jpg
2MB, 3480x4161px
>>12496283
rate my collection.
>>
>>12511837
how was cdg?
>>
What would a yakuza wear??
>>
>>12511837
baudelaire is best byredo
>>
>>12505932
it's fake, everything that comes in such bottle is fake
>>
>>12511984
love it its so strange ad alluring
>>12512132
smoky leather mmm
>>
>>12512132

nah. it's pulp
>>
>>12512132
>>12512193
>not bal d'afrique
>>
>>12511355
mahogany is awesome too
>>
>>12511837
How is tres nuit compared to GIT?
>>
>>12512259

Pretty close to GIT - I'd say 90%, but Tres Nuit is sweeter to me and lacks that supper grassy opening note in GIT. I also get this strange pool liner plastic vibe in TN, but that might just be me.
>>
>>12512271

Now that I think about it...it's closer to 80%
>>
>>12511837
I always wonder whether you're a grille or whether these are shared with a female partner when I see your collection. If you're a dude and rock these all regularly and in public, you're a boss.
t. Bondfag
>>
File: dylan blue.jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dylan blue.jpg
68KB, 800x800px
Versace Eau Fraiche. D&G Light Blue or Dylan Blue for a casual summer scent?
>>
>>12512291
they're all mine I'm a guy
>>
What is the next step up from Acqua di Gio? It's nice and works for me, but I want something better.
>>
Has anyone smelled this yet?

It's like sticking my head in an old leather bag that I found in my grandparent's basement and suffocating myself with it.
>>
>>12513056
this is too sharp almost toxic smelling to me
i have poal and duro which both punch you in the face
but that one is too much for me.
>>
>>12513042
Check out the Creed aquatics. Imperial, Erolfa, and Virgin Island Water. Similar vein, but much more interesting and refined.
>>
>>12513197
It's absolutely awful. The Sephora clerk who had me try it only did so because it was the worst fragrance she had ever smelled. I believe her.
>>
>>12513056

I fucking love this stuff - super dry leather and woods. The initial blast and first hour definitely has that dettol vibe going on which some people hate but it dries down to this incredible leathery almost sweet musk.
>>
>>12512451

Eau Fraiche - super easy to wear and actually has some lasting power unlike Light Blue.
>>
>>12513244
Alright to be fair, I didn't even try putting it on my skin because I was so repulsed by the opening. Maybe next time I'm in a Sephora or something.
>>
File: gallagherfragrance.jpg (151KB, 900x547px) Image search: [Google]
gallagherfragrance.jpg
151KB, 900x547px
I got a Gallagher Fragrances sample set about a week ago, so here are my thoughts.

>Amongst Waves
Its an aquatic with a strong melon note. I don't think melon really fits my personality, but it's a nice smell. Worth a shot if it sounds interesting to you.

>Sine Nomine
I mainly get rose, apple, and some vanilla after the opening. It's unisex (as are most of these samples), but I think more women would be able to pull this off than men. I'm not a fan of rose, so I didn't care much for this one.

>Bergamust
Bergamot and musk. Like, white musk. Not animalic. Smells similar to Iloren, another sample that came in the set. If you want a nice clean musk frag, give this a shot.

>Peaches and Campfire
I was most intrigued by this one, but assumed it would be a disappointment. It's....only sort of a disappointment. It does smell like peaches, but dark and smokey. Not exactly like a campfire, but oh well. It's thick. Reminds me a lot of Slumberhouse Kiste.

>THAT Guy
I'm not sure how to describe this one because I don't get any of the listed notes from it (juniper, pineapple, pine, etc.) Not a bad smell, but I wouldn't wear it.

>Carpe Cafe
Coffee, myrrh, amber, and a bit of a maple syrup note to my nose. In the dry down I start to pick up a little of the cypress or fir, but not much. Some people noted that the coffee was too strong, but I think the coffee was kind of masked by the other notes.

>Iloren
Basically a more floral take on Bergamust. I get the neroli, but I think the rose or some other note mixed with it kind of taints it for me.

All in all, some interesting stuff. I'll keep my eye out for new Gallagher frags.
>>
>>12513367
Having looked it up, I kind of want Amongst Waves now. Would probably cop if I hadn't just bought >>12508328

Don't need another summer frag right now. Maybe next year.
>>
what are some good entry level perfumes for men?
>>
New thread:

>>12496283
>>12514001
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.